AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB traffic cap?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2020
Hi guys, still relatively new and trying to figure out the patterns of CB traffic.

On good days I can easily have 1000 up to 7000 viewers whenever it booms out of nowhere, but some days in a row it seems that cannot get out of that 250 viewers (or 400 other days) mark and its very hard to move from there.

It feels like CB caps you out for that day, is this possible?

Lately it has been quite a crappy wave of days, and obviously low room count does minimise your potential of earnings.

Any thoughts or experiences you might want to share? I know within 5y i will still try to crack and understand the algorithm of CB traffic without a hope 😂

That makes sense, though in that scenario I'm guessing it wouldn't translate to traffic decline seen by models who don't have huge followings, unless I'm wrong and CB promotes non-top models
If they exclude models from the whitelabels it would... although I haven’t looked into that.

But yeah, those who report a 90% decline in traffic to their rooms without any changes in behavior, equipment or connection are seeing it for other reasons but I can’t give any opinion on that since I haven’t experienced it myself, I am only commenting in what Melody, efetishim and I have experienced. However that doesn’t mean I don’t believe them. Some of the people complaining about the issue have cammed for a long time and in many different platforms so if they claim they are seeing something that’s affecting them and they can’t find the reason why on their end, then there should be something on CBs end and maybe should be looked into by support

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are there tools(bots?) that a model has access to on CB that allows them to track "regulars' from a registered user approach(or possibly on a follower basis), that would allow a model to see if there is just a decline in visitation?

I'm just wondering if a model who is seeing this behavior with traffic can rule out some other possibilities. If all other things are equal, it would seem that historical visitation based on followers and other knowns could provide some insight into this issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@cbhours explain this then

"THERE is some sort of traffic throttle, if you enter a room via the same ip say via tor browser, and open a new copy of the room in multiple tabs after about 35 tabs you will get rejected but wait a few mins and you can open more." because that sure sounds like something that temporarily throttles some traffic"

whats to stop it being missused for anon traffic bots, sure they dont count in the rankings, but i see some on the homepage with 11000 users and 10200 of them are ANONS thats fake b.s traffic why dont they filter it

The wording of your statement is throwing me off and I haven't used tor in a long time. When you say you enter a room via the "same ip" say via tor browser what do you mean? a specific exit node or you just wrote same ip for no reason since tor browser is going to change it anyway? I am going to assume you mean the latter and if so I won't go into detail but let me tell you right now its going to be difficult to trick CB like that.

39 users, 7 premiums ,29 grays, and just 3 anons... god only know how that happens that ratio is bizzare

she just started broadcasting when you took that picture.

Upvote 0
I really think you should start over and make sure you broadcast in HD because your video right now is low resolution 640x480 and it says 30fps but it has the occasional slow down.

I usually do HD in the other sites that gives me better results, but I am going to create another account and see if anything positive happens

Upvote 0
What i mean is load tor browser
paste the model url in (paste n go)
open next tab repeat

of course they appear in room as anons
if you open too many too quickly it will stop you from entering the chat, just try it. There is also a limit once you hit around 35

and that would 35 anons in the room on the same i.p right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also I can't for the life of me imagine why CB would purposely want to limit the traffic of a model who is doing well and making money which in turn makes them money.
These sites do not really care WHICH model the members spend on - members can spend on anybody and it doesn't affect the site. As long as they load funds into their token balance and spend them it doesn't matter to CB which model gets the tokens. I don't really think it is targeted at specific rooms. I've seen models with the same follower count as I had with absolute trash streams (low res- sound is garbage and the person is fairly unattractive) and they were sitting on the bottom of the front page with 300-500 people in their room - fully clothed and with nothing going on. Again, I can't say I feel specifically targeted - I would just like an explanation....... simple enough, right?
But yeah, those who report a 90% decline in traffic to their rooms without any changes in behavior, equipment or connection are seeing it for other reasons but I can’t give any opinion on that since I haven’t experienced it myself, I am only commenting in what Melody, efetishim and I have experienced. However that doesn’t mean I don’t believe them. Some of the people complaining about the issue have cammed for a long time and in many different platforms so if they claim they are seeing something that’s affecting them and they can’t find the reason why on their end, then there should be something on CBs end and maybe should be looked into by support
Thank you for this :) BTW - my mod actually contacted support for me because the sites listen to the members more than the models - and he just got the same bullshit canned responses that the models get. I spent almost $2K upgrading all of my equipment/software for this fucking site because I thought last summer (2019) that may have been the issue. Thanks for the credit card debt CB!
I'm just wondering if a model who is seeing this behavior with traffic can rule out some other possibilities.
When this started I didn't change much and considered it a fluke that would work itself out eventually - and when it didn't I tried out of desperation to do things to get people into my room faster. (Bills to pay - ya know?!). And yet again - there is no reason to go from normally 100-300 viewers down to 10 in like a weeks time.

One day I logged in fully nude and with the fuck machine in me (covered up of course but revealing just enough to be obvious) to play with the thumbnail theory - I had the worst traffic show I have ever had. I sat there for an hour with 7 people in my room. SEVEN - I had 32K followers at the time. I came in "guns blazing" for lack of a better term....and it was a colossal failure. Prior to this ANYTIME the fuck machine came out in my room the money would flow and my room would fill up quick......and then to all of the sudden not even be able to get an audience? WTH?

Boobs close up - nothing. Panties on with Lush hanging out the side with a "lip slip" and NOTHING. Anytime I hit a goal and the show starts - or even for a flash my room traffic would grow exponentially and then one day it just stopped. The things that would normally increase my traffic stopped working and the more extreme options to get them to come in weren't working. I switched up my bots - allowed greys to chat (UGH!) - always have had "appear on network sites" set to yes........

Reactions: sugar_bonnie
Upvote 0
For me traffic is horibble also, i cant complain still making good money but is frustrating to see my account with almost 500k folowers and last night i could hardly bring 400 [people in the room .... what making me think is something not ok is the fact that i started on stripchat 5 months ago got there 75k folowers and i keep both sites same time, on cb i had 400 users wih half milion folowers and on strip 800 users ... really upseting me ,hope it will get better, usual i had over 1000 users in the room but now i have them only if i pay 2. 3 promotions while on ... :(

Upvote 0
I've seen models with the same follower count as I had with absolute trash streams (low res- sound is garbage and the person is fairly unattractive) and they were sitting on the bottom of the front page with 300-500 people in their room - fully clothed and with nothing going on. Again, I can't say I feel specifically targeted - I would just like an explanation....... simple enough, right?
yes same here sometimes i go to the front page and i see models with the "NEW" tag, horrible lightening, horrible quality, they don't speak english, they don't even know tf is going on and are just staring at the screen, yet they have 500 viewers. Obviously CB sent traffic towards that room, they do control this shit omg its so obvious this pisses me off especially when shirley denies it

Upvote 0
yes same here sometimes i go to the front page and i see models with the "NEW" tag, horrible lightening, horrible quality, they don't speak english, they don't even know tf is going on and are just staring at the screen, yet they have 500 viewers. Obviously CB sent traffic towards that room, they do control this shit omg its so obvious this pisses me off especially when shirley denies it

People like that though. There are a lot of people who like the idea of new models who are just starting out and are clueless about the site. Spend 5min in the room of a model with the new tag at the top of the page and it will be pretty evident.

Upvote 0
People like that though. There are a lot of people who like the idea of new models who are just starting out and are clueless about the site. Spend 5min in the room of a model with the new tag at the top of the page and it will be pretty evident.
I remember being new - I never judge anyone on being new. I had the best traffic when I had my "New" tag. I just feel bad for them and "Momma Bear" kicks in because I want to go silence all of the dumbasses.

Upvote 0
to be honest i dont think we will ever get a explanation from Chaturbate or Shirley, but at least we were able to communicate with others that are suffering the same. Feels good to know that I am not crazy, I always knew something was wrong since April. I might try a new account and get better quality for my streams, and of course focus a lot more on my other sites that are my main source of income now. CB is very good and has the best payment methods, it's a shame what they are doing to many of us

Upvote 0
i just spoke to a guy work for CB support and he said he gets this question a lot (about traffic cap), and he said he doesn't know if cb has a traffic cap or not,,. and that people should advertise or join a studio that helps with viewers

• Wat?!
Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0
The servers have been acting up this week. Lots of rooms with lag and buffering issues, including 2 of my favorite models. I'm camming tonight so fingers crossed it doesn't affect me. I don't need to give users more excuse to avoid my room...

• Hugs
Reactions: JustMilfnAround
Upvote 0
2 days ago i had a new girl coming to try if she wanna work on cb , had with her 11000 folowers i had a shock.... and second day back to 700users lol , anyway unfortunalty even if she saw 700$ in 3 hours and 11k users she told me she cant do this and she wont stay :( im shoked lol

Reactions: Walkergrogan
Upvote 0
The funny thing is, since the day I started talking in this topic, I haven't received 1 member or 1 single token on Chaturbate. The last token I received was October 14th. CB Support just confirmed they are reading every post made in this topic, including mines, so they clearly tracked me and just completely erased all of my traffic (the very little that I still had). So professional from a website that claims to be "alexa recognized best cam platform"

Upvote 0
The funny thing is, since the day I started talking in this topic, I haven't received 1 member or 1 single token on Chaturbate. The last token I received was October 14th. CB Support just confirmed they are reading every post made in this topic, including mines, so they clearly tracked me and just completely erased all of my traffic (the very little that I still had). So professional from a website that claims to be "alexa recognized best cam platform"
I think you are being a little paranoid, my friend. I have criticised CB publicly in a more spectacular way to all my followers on Twitter... I was never rude like you but I was firm and Shirley saw it and I never got any sort of vendetta from support, you can say many things about them but I don’t think they run the site like that. Maybe it would be on your best interest to tone it down if only because anyone reading these threads will think you are a bit of an ass. Might be better to do as you said you would and focus your energy and time in improving your technical stuff, making a new account and focusing more on the sites that are actually making you money. I get you are stressed but this negativity is doing you 0 favors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think you are being a little paranoid, my friend. I have criticised CB publicly in a more spectacular way to all my followers on Twitter... I was never rude like you but I was firm and Shirley saw it and I never got any sort of vendetta from support, you can say many things about them but I don’t think they run the site like that. Maybe it would be on your best interest to tone it down if only because anyone reading these threads will think you are a bit of an ass. Might be better to do as you said you would and focus your energy and time in improving your technical stuff, making a new account and focusing more on the sites that are actually making you money. I get you are stressed but this negativity is doing you 0 favors.
I don’t think I am being paranoid, they DID something to my account. I need to speak this in a public way, I can’t be quiet, they need to know we realized what they are doing. Thank God I don’t rely on Chaturbate for my income, but it is very disrespectful to just shadow ban and cut the traffic of people just because they want to. I am not the only one, there are many many people talking about this in other forums. I don’t think it’s a coincidence not having made 1 single token in 10 days, and receiving a email claiming they are “aware of my posts in a public thread”. Hopefully you will never go through this, but if you do, you will understand what I’m talking about.

Upvote 0
I think I need to add branded tin foil hats to the ACF merchant store.

Upvote 0
I don’t think I am being paranoid, they DID something to my account. I need to speak this in a public way, I can’t be quiet, they need to know we realized what they are doing. Thank God I don’t rely on Chaturbate for my income, but it is very disrespectful to just shadow ban and cut the traffic of people just because they want to. I am not the only one, there are many many people talking about this in other forums. I don’t think it’s a coincidence not having made 1 single token in 10 days, and receiving a email claiming they are “aware of my posts in a public thread”. Hopefully you will never go through this, but if you do, you will understand what I’m talking about.
Damn, you really caught on to what they are doing 😮
4jn3os.jpg

Upvote 0
I don’t think I am being paranoid, they DID something to my account
Certainly not or you should be somebody very very special.
Are you only sure that all your params permit you at least to be seen?
You even don't link your cam here, so nobody can give you any return ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.