AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB traffic cap?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2020
Hi guys, still relatively new and trying to figure out the patterns of CB traffic.

On good days I can easily have 1000 up to 7000 viewers whenever it booms out of nowhere, but some days in a row it seems that cannot get out of that 250 viewers (or 400 other days) mark and its very hard to move from there.

It feels like CB caps you out for that day, is this possible?

Lately it has been quite a crappy wave of days, and obviously low room count does minimise your potential of earnings.

Any thoughts or experiences you might want to share? I know within 5y i will still try to crack and understand the algorithm of CB traffic without a hope 😂

Certainly not or you should be somebody very very special.
Are you only sure that all your params permit you at least to be seen?
You even don't link your cam here, so nobody can give you any return ;)
they did, and I have confirmed this with other people already (people who actually work in the sites, not randoms on this thread that think they know it all)
yes, i can be seen. I will not explain the whole history all over again... you can just read the 6 pages in this thread if you're interested

Upvote 0
they did, and I have confirmed this with other people already (people who actually work in the sites, not randoms on this thread that think they know it all)
yes, i can be seen. I will not explain the whole history all over again... you can just read the 6 pages in this thread if you're interested
Man give it a rest, you said you lost 90% of your traffic, what is that like 9 people? You lost 9 people broadcasting in non-HD? Its not exactly the mass exodus you are making it out to be. I really think you should be working on a twitter account at the very least, you can replace that small number of people pretty quickly and when you are ready to start over it will help you communicate with your followers.

Can you open your room in an incognito browser tab? Can you find your own room on the page?

Checked several times, he shows up just fine.

Upvote 0
Man give it a rest, you said you lost 90% of your traffic, what is that like 9 people? You lost 9 people broadcasting in non-HD? Its not exactly the mass exodus you are making it out to be. I really think you should be working on a twitter account at the very least, you can replace that small number of people pretty quickly and when you are ready to start over it will help you communicate with your followers.
nope, I had new members coming everyday for over a year. I have streamed non-HD on Chaturbate for like 3 years now and always had traffic.

Listen, if I was the only one with this issue, I would get that the problem is with me. You said Catsmith is one of the best of her niche and that happened to her as well. Same for multiple people on wecamgirls.com that are talking about it. The issue is not about broadcasting non HD or not having a twitter. Chaturbate is OBVIOUSLY controlling the traffic - who is gonna get it and who isnt - and I think thats an absurd, and I will keep fighting for what I think it's right. If any of you guys in this thread dont like my posts then just block me or something

Upvote 0
Just broadcast fake video loops,. it gets traffic and CB dont care to ban them
OH look a green dicked alien is on right now playing a replay in case anyone else missed it the past 10 accounts
never mind punkerbarbie and her alien taskforce will be onto it sometime near christmas!

Attachments

• alien.jpg
    alien.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0
The room has viewers, because cb users opened the room. No one at chaturbate "puts" users into any rooms. How could they do this?

Upvote 0
nope, I had new members coming everyday for over a year. I have streamed non-HD on Chaturbate for like 3 years now and always had traffic.
Standards change, competition rises, you have to keep up with the times if you can. I don't know the details of your situatioin, like bandwidth limitations, or hardware limitations but if you can improve aspects of your camming then you shoudl do it.

All i'm saying is, always put your best foot forward.

Upvote 0
They did change the algorithm but the erratic behavior I am referring to wasn’t regular, I did many tests to try and put my finger on the changes and like I said the only logical conclusion is they had someone monitoring the top 10 spots and tweaking the positions manually. I might be wrong but considering the amount of time, effort and minute to minute monitoring I did I give a heavy weight to my own deductions
Lol...hmmmm...sounds wierd.

Upvote 0
They did change the algorithm but the erratic behavior I am referring to wasn’t regular, I did many tests to try and put my finger on the changes and like I said the only logical conclusion is they had someone monitoring the top 10 spots and tweaking the positions manually. I might be wrong but considering the amount of time, effort and minute to minute monitoring I did I give a heavy weight to my own deductions
Lol...hmmmm...sounds wierd

Upvote 0
I agree, put some effort in before you blame the page for not getting any new viewers. Even your bio page (if this is you) is low effort. This page doesn't look like it belongs to someone who wants to make actual $ off of this job. And if you're just a hobby weiner wanker, then no need to stress over no viewers.

low effort.PNG

Upvote 0
I agree, put some effort in before you blame the page for not getting any new viewers. Even your bio page (if this is you) is low effort. This page doesn't look like it belongs to someone who wants to make actual $ off of this job. And if you're just a hobby weiner wanker, then no need to stress over no viewers.

View attachment 85931
How would a bio page attract more viewers into my room? You guys will never understand what I am talking about until it actually happens with you (if you are on cb).

Here it is my payouts. Can someone explain this big drop fthen since you guys know everything and I am the dumb one? When multiple executives from the cam business have confirmed me what the camsites do, but no, you guys know more than the ones who actually work in the companies.

1 - Those $53 I was testing a new payment method
2 - This month I only made $40

Attachments

• cbsupp.png
    cbsupp.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 57
Upvote 0
How would a bio page attract more viewers into my room? You guys will never understand what I am talking about until it actually happens with you (if you are on cb).

Here it is my payouts. Can someone explain this big drop fthen since you guys know everything and I am the dumb one? When multiple executives from the cam business have confirmed me what the camsites do, but no, you guys know more than the ones who actually work in the companies.

Thank you for posting your data. It’s a very sharp drop in earnings. Did you cam the same amount of time as before? Did you switch internet providers? Did you change anything about your setup? (Lights, computer, equipment, room in the house, etc?) did you change anything in the structure of your show? Did you change your appearance? Did you move to a different area of town? It could be any number of factors other than CB admins screwing with your traffic purposefully.

Reactions: bamdicted
Upvote 0

You make more than I expected as a male model with a low viewer count and SD broadcast 👍

did you perhaps lose a big tipper? Have you used the best tippers script https://www.cbhours.com/besttippers.php if you submit each months data separately you can compare the data and see if perhaps you lost some people or maybe they simply haven't tipped as much recently.

Edit: i mean compare the data yourself, cbhours doesn't save any info its all client side javascript so it can't do a comparison for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I didn't say a bio page would attract more, just that it looked low effort. But it seems my comment irritated you enough to post some data, so hey, win/win!
And I agree with Mila's questioning/assesment:

Thank you for posting your data. It’s a very sharp drop in earnings. Did you cam the same amount of time as before? Did you switch internet providers? Did you change anything about your setup? (Lights, computer, equipment, room in the house, etc?) did you change anything in the structure of your show? Did you change your appearance? Did you move to a different area of town? It could be any number of factors other than CB admins screwing with your traffic purposefully.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
yes actually working more hours now. In january I moved to a new apartment, but I improved everything, internet quality, webcam, laptop, lightening, everyone who joins me says its a lot better. I can post a before x now if yall want to give an opinion, i really dont mind, I have nothing to hide lol
You make more than I expected as a male model with a low viewer count and SD broadcast 👍

did you perhaps lose a big tipper?
thanks, I always thought i was average, and honestly since I was always making some money since 2017 I never really worried about OBS, HD stream or making a super cool bio, because i never had those for 3 years and was making money.
I did lose a big tipper, he was active between may until july. He was giving me $1,000 every month, but he accidentaly told me he is into minors or some shit like that, I banned him, no tolerance for these things. My last good month was april, so you can see a BIG drop starting in may

Honestly, this thread didn't really help me much, i think the point of this is not trying to prove anyone my beliefs and it won't help me anyway. People can believe in what they want. I believe CB cut my traffic and that they manually control everything, you guys think its just natural issues and that's ok. Everyone has different opinions

Lastly I will leave these screenshots of more people having the same issues. Maybe will be interesting to take a look

Attachments

• print1.png
    print1.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 34
  • print2.png
    print2.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 34
  • print3.png
    print3.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 34
Upvote 0
yes actually working more hours now. In january I moved to a new apartment, but I improved everything, internet quality, webcam, laptop, lightening, everyone who joins me says its a lot better. I can post a before x now if yall want to give an opinion, i really dont mind, I have nothing to hide lol

thanks, I always thought i was average, and honestly since I was always making some money since 2017 I never really worried about OBS, HD stream or making a super cool bio, because i never had those for 3 years and was making money.
I did lose a big tipper, he was active between may until july. He was giving me $1,000 every month, but he accidentaly told me he is into minors or some shit like that, I banned him, no tolerance for these things. My last good month was april, so you can see a BIG drop starting in may

Honestly, this thread didn't really help me much, i think the point of this is not trying to prove anyone my beliefs and it won't help me anyway. People can believe in what they want. I believe CB cut my traffic and that they manually control everything, you guys think its just natural issues and that's ok. Everyone has different opinions

Lastly I will leave these screenshots of more people having the same issues. Maybe will be interesting to take a look

Okay so you lost a big tipper, that has a direct impact on your placement because the amount of tokens the users are holding in your room is one of the factors i know FOR SURE has weight in the algorithm. So if you used to have 16 viewers and 1 of them was holding 1000 tokens you would climb over someone with more users but less tokens in their accounts.

Second, you also changed a bunch of things including a move.. so you switched internet providers or internet plan.. you changed your webcam, your lighting... the people who join you are just average viewers.. they don't know how the system works, there's people who think technical issues are also a part of the algorithm (not in my experience but in theirs) they claim you get better placement if you have a smooth internet connection and you use OBS.. so if you switched everything up, maybe that is also a contributing factor.

I want to also make sure you understand I do not doubt you, or the ladies in the screenshots you posted have experienced this huge drop in viewership. I believe you. What I don't believe is support is out there manually shadowbanning people for no reason. This is a site FAMOUS for directly banning people for absolutely no reason or a bullshit reason that makes no sense "appearing underage" even though they are verified with legit IDs, just to name one bogus reason... so if they wanted you to fuck off they would ban you, don't doubt that, they wouldn't be sneaky about it. If people are losing their viewership at alarming rates and they can rule out other variables (you certainly can't from the history you just described) THEN I attribute it to either a malfunction or a secondary effect of some algorithm change they implemented that just happens to affect innocent people at random. But I dont believe they are out there in a meeting discussing the fate of models on page 7. They don't get paid enough for that my man.

Upvote 0

I hope this doesn't come across as sexist because I'm not and the stats back me up.

Women have it much easier on CB. Some (but not all) new accounts can get 1000s of followers and make lots of money before they even put up a tip menu or do flashes. Right now the top featured female cam has 11659 viewers, the top couple cam has 11218 viewers and the top male cam has 350 viewers.

If I can get about 12 viewers in my room at a time and they are lively I consider it good. Sometimes I can go half an hour with only a few visitors. For me personally, the amount of viewers doesn't always correlate to tips because half of my viewers are usually other models. Many days I make 0 tokens. Some days a whale (if you can call them that) tips 100 tokens.

Men have to work harder on everything including bio, presentation and social media promotion. The same applies to all models who are not meeting their desired goals.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Maybe this is just me but, you really do not have the credibility needed to tell people they're wrong without backing it up with actual evidence. Your posts have done nothing to earn my respect or trust in your opinion as most of them have not been backed up with actual evidence (though you make ambiguous claims to imply you have it all throughout this thread), and mostly boil down to "Well I wouldn't program that," or "I couldn't think of how to program that, so surely CB isn't either."

I don't really have an opinion on what CB's algorithm is currently doing because I stream there more infrequently now, and I have no hard numbers for anything. So I'm not making any allegations about what is happening on there, but I can easily imagine ways they could try to manipulate traffic if they wanted to. The first thing that comes to mind that isn't related to the promo tools which others in the thread have already discussed at length, but skipping models in the scan models feature--as a viewer, you wouldn't notice if a model was skipped. That would wipe out a significant amount of traffic. But you go, "Oh they could test that!" Unless, CB was programmed to not skip models that are checking from the same IP address as they're broadcasting (seems like a pretty simple thing to code in to me (if IP address = broadcaster don't do X)). Or there could be quality throttling, making certain models on a lower priority for server traffic, causing lagging/choppiness/connection issues of all sorts.

And that's just what I could think of off the top of my head. I'm not a programmer myself, so I wouldn't be surprised to find out some of these things aren't easy to do but can we please remember that CB is a large company, with the money to pay developers to do these types of things (regardless of whether they actually look like they're spending their money on their site, the point is, they have it and they could). I just don't appreciate the certainty with which you claim something is impossible despite not actually having proving your claims.

Upvote 0

Just looking at the Featured Models even those with low room counts can rank high. When I get a lot of models (with tokens) in my room I sometimes go from Page 3-4 up to Page 1-2 for Men.

It appears to me that users with tokens matter a great deal.

Upvote 0
Maybe this is just me but, you really do not have the credibility needed to tell people they're wrong without backing it up with actual evidence. Your posts have done nothing to earn my respect or trust in your opinion as most of them have not been backed up with actual evidence (though you make ambiguous claims to imply you have it all throughout this thread), and mostly boil down to "Well I wouldn't program that," or "I couldn't think of how to program that, so surely CB isn't either."

I don't really have an opinion on what CB's algorithm is currently doing because I stream there more infrequently now, and I have no hard numbers for anything. So I'm not making any allegations about what is happening on there, but I can easily imagine ways they could try to manipulate traffic if they wanted to. The first thing that comes to mind that isn't related to the promo tools which others in the thread have already discussed at length, but skipping models in the scan models feature--as a viewer, you wouldn't notice if a model was skipped. That would wipe out a significant amount of traffic. But you go, "Oh they could test that!" Unless, CB was programmed to not skip models that are checking from the same IP address as they're broadcasting (seems like a pretty simple thing to code in to me (if IP address = broadcaster don't do X)). Or there could be quality throttling, making certain models on a lower priority for server traffic, causing lagging/choppiness/connection issues of all sorts.

And that's just what I could think of off the top of my head. I'm not a programmer myself, so I wouldn't be surprised to find out some of these things aren't easy to do but can we please remember that CB is a large company, with the money to pay developers to do these types of things (regardless of whether they actually look like they're spending their money on their site, the point is, they have it and they could). I just don't appreciate the certainty with which you claim something is impossible despite not actually having proving your claims.
Hello lylacdoll, always enjoyed your wit, I honestly didn't think of the scanning feature, are you sure that would wipe out a significant amount of traffic for models that arent high up? I can always get around to testing that.

Already thought of the IP thing and thats been tested in terms of appearing on list, followers, etc didnt try the scan idea, doubt its a significant portion of traffic but might be wrong. Bandwidth throttling, did think of that did check and i didnt personally see anything in the past but recently there does seem to be an increase in obs server problems but switching servers seems to be resolving it.

Upvote 0
Just looking at the Featured Models even those with low room counts can rank high. When I get a lot of models (with tokens) in my room I sometimes go from Page 3-4 up to Page 1-2 for Men.

It appears to me that users with tokens matter a great deal.

I never said users with tokens didn't matter, just that holding a large amount indefinitely does not.

Upvote 0
I never said users with tokens didn't matter, just that holding a large amount indefinitely does not.
Sweetheart, I created my CB account on 2013. Have been a top camgirl on Chaturbate for 5 years now. When I started the only value on the algorithm was raw number of viewers, I have been there for every major algorithm change they have implemented since. Even now, after an absence of like.. 8 months or something I turned on my cam for 2 hours and reached the first row. I have done more tests on the algorithm than you will ever be capable of doing in a lifetime because you do not broadcast and your 10000s of associates from studios to models never reach page 1. So don’t do the people on this forum a disservice by saying what I’m claiming has no merit. The total amount of tokens held by the users in your room has an impact on placement as well as the number of different people tipping. It’s 2 different factors. They both matter. This is why banning other models or other females from your room is a stupid move. They rarely tip but many hold a shitload of tokens which boosts your placement simply by being in the room watching. If I’m telling this guy his big pocket user being gone means he will see a dent in placement is because I know it for a fact it does matter. His room has 1000+ whatever other users hold vs the neighbouring rooms. This makes his room climb over rooms of people with otherwise similar stats. Now he doesn’t climb over them. On page 17 this is a factor that can make you jump several pages forward. You remind me a lot of another user named Rhoids who didn’t do so well on this forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What is this scanning feature you guys are talking about?
There’s a link on the top right corner of the model listing on Chaturbate called “scan rooms” if you click on it the site will skip rooms for you starting with the top position and moving down, one by one. The default time it keeps you in a room I believe is 45 seconds but you can change the duration on the settings. I use it a lot, especially when I’m cooking or doing something else while browsing and my hands are occupied lmao. Not sure how popular the feature is but on a site with 10000s of viewers even a small percentage could make a significant change for some models if they get excluded because people tend to leave computers idle so the scan feature reaches back pages that would otherwise receive 0 traffic. Again.. if the neighbouring cams receive these random viewers and yours don’t cause you are excluded, then they climb over you.

Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.