AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Changing username

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devil-pogba

Banhammered
Sep 12, 2023
Hello
I saw this under ultimate perks today (attached picture), anyone know what does it mean? because I suppose users are not allowed to change their usernames?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 5.41.18 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 5.41.18 PM.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 13
Bans must be based on something else than usernames, because it also bans affiliated accounts when you ban someone from a room..

Upvote 0
What do you mean "affiliated" accounts?

On SC you can only have one account per registered email address.
indeed you can, but they still get connected somehow, at least I'm quite sure I've seen a message with "we have banned 1 additional account affiliated with this account" or something along those lines from SC interface? I might be remembering wrong, the info could be IP or holder of card related.

Upvote 0
indeed you can, but they still get connected somehow, at least I'm quite sure I've seen a message with "we have banned 1 additional account affiliated with this account" or something along those lines from SC interface? I might be remembering wrong, the info could be IP or holder of card related.
Fair enough, I do not know anything of the model-side of SC, but I have read *CB* models on the forums here stating what you have just described.

(I believe that on CB you *can* have more than one user a/c?)

Upvote 0
I contacted support about this and that was there answer:
"Please be informed that the username cannot be changed. You can create a new account using a different email. However, please be informed that it is not possible to transfer tokens (or any information) from one account to another."

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
This is a really bad idea. Now abusive users who models are afraid to ban/report will be able to change usernames and abuse them under different names at any given moment. Why would SC do this is beyond me.
As a long term model I remember 99% of users by their user names depending on their tipping or behavior. You've now just give them a chance to switch it up and become someone else whenever they want and be an asshole to all of us models under a different, unrecognisable name.
SC....LOL.

Upvote 0
This is a really bad idea. Now abusive users who models are afraid to ban/report will be able to change usernames and abuse them under different names at any given moment. Why would SC do this is beyond me.
As a long term model I remember 99% of users by their user names depending on their tipping or behavior. You've now just give them a chance to switch it up and become someone else whenever they want and be an asshole to all of us models under a different, unrecognisable name.
SC....LOL.

Exactly. This is yet another Stripchat feature that may be cool and exciting for members, but imo it could suck for the models…for the exact reason you’d stated.

Upvote 0
Gotta say I agree, and share these concerns.

@Charlie_SC (not sure if tagging is working in this damned browser) can you clarify how banning works? Is it on the username or what? If I am banned by a model, can I just change my username and gain access to her room? (I really hope not!!!)

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
In general i like the exp system of SC.
But there is indeed a flaw in the design.
The concept of the ultimate membership resembles a lot with pay to win mechanics in games.
For 20 dollars a month you can have the same benefits as someone who has actually invested on the site, in models over a period of time. It is certainly misbalanced.
This being said i can understand the appeal of being able to change your name. You grow up and out of your 'cuntasseater4life' nickname is a reasonable one. You have spend so much on some models and now you can't enter the room anymore feeling comfortable, a little more distant i can understand too.

Reactions: Jairoman
Upvote 0
Every user will have a unique user ID that is separate from the username so it shouldn’t affect banning.

Agree though… it could lead to confusion/bad intentions as models and members have no visibility of that unique ID.

I’ve been visiting a model for 12 months and could quite easily now change my name and pretend to be someone else, which is weird.

Upvote 0
If I am banned by a model, can I just change my username and gain access to her room?

Not at all.
If a model has banned a user, they have banned that account.
Just because that account now has a new username, doesn't change the account info/history/anything - just the letters of the username.

The same as the feature that allows models to change their usernames.
Nothing changes in the model account; content/feeds/blocked list/favourites, etc.

The only thing that changes is the username.

Upvote 0
Not at all.
Just because that account now has a new username, doesn't change the account info/history/anything - just the letters of the username.

Nothing changes in the model account; content/feeds/blocked list/favourites, etc.

Maybe add an option in the profile that models can see that a member has changed his name and which names where used previously. This way the models are more protected from people with wrong intentions.

Upvote 0
You've now just give them a chance to switch it up and become someone else whenever they want and be an asshole to all of us models under a different, unrecognisable name.
SC....LOL.
Charlie already said that it's not how that works, but I just wonder. What if we had an option to block a person once and for all? Like we wouldn't have to block all new accounts that this person creates to reach out to us? Ohhh that would be perfect

Upvote 0
Not at all.

Good to know 👍 . Thanks for the clarification.

Upvote 0
Charlie already said that it's not how that works, but I just wonder. What if we had an option to block a person once and for all? Like we wouldn't have to block all new accounts that this person creates to reach out to us? Ohhh that would be perfect
That's exactly how changing a username works. I have no way of telling who this person is if they never spent a significant amount of tokens on me or talked in PM. It could be some asshole I have already told off before but maybe didn't have time to block if I was in the middle of a show, so now this person can change their username and come back as if nothing ever happened. How would I know? I wouldn't.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.