AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CharlesBot & MFC, new bromance?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TacoBelle

Cam Model
Apr 29, 2012

Today, MFC announced that Charlesbot will work for free in all of their chatrooms! I thought it would be helpful to have a thread just for this topic!

Yay, was just coming here to post about this. It seems the 2 most popular concerns from models (in reply to the tweet) are

1. refunds?
  2. will there still be new features and updates?

I've had charlesbot for 3 months and it's been pretty awesome.
This is a huge step in the right direction for MFC in my opinion!

Oh thank fuck. excuse the language But I am tired of having to do weird backflips to get things to update in my room sometimes. It's distracting for me AND the people in my room. This is a great step forward.

• Funny!
Reactions: QUINCY_UK
Well this is great I was actually thinking about buying it the only thing that kept stopping me was that a lot of members do not like having charlesbot, I personally think its great when you have a busy room, I know there has been times when ive had a busy room and wanted to have charlesbot.

I really hope this means we can change his damn name and prevent members from ignoring him. You wouldn't believe how many people have him on ignore...

I really hope this means we can change his damn name and prevent members from ignoring him. You wouldn't believe how many people have him on ignore...

I would be okay with the changing names. But I'd gripe about not being able to ignore him. If it was a different one in each models room, then we could decide if that model is using it annoyingly and ignore it just in there. That wouldn't affect other rooms. I'm fine having it not on ignore in a room that just uses it normally.

But the reason it's ignored now is so many models totally abuse it. It's nothing but a spam bot that totally fills the chat box with their non stop ads. It gets sickening in many rooms and needs to be on ignore. We don't need to have it remind us to buy videos every 30 seconds, or the link to their manyvid account or.... Nope, ignore is needed in a LOT of models rooms.

I would be okay with the changing names. But I'd gripe about not being able to ignore him. If it was a different one in each models room, then we could decide if that model is using it annoyingly and ignore it just in there. That wouldn't affect other rooms. I'm fine having it not on ignore in a room that just uses it normally.

But the reason it's ignored now is so many models totally abuse it. It's nothing but a spam bot that totally fills the chat box with their non stop ads. It gets sickening in many rooms and needs to be on ignore. We don't need to have it remind us to buy videos every 30 seconds, or the link to their manyvid account or.... Nope, ignore is needed in a LOT of models rooms.
True, but it hurts other models who don't abuse it. I use CB for countdowns and links to things (like my songlist when I'm playing music) pretty often. Just choosing from room to room would be ideal. I've had a handful of people get confused about stuff because they couldn't see important info CB was posting about what was currently going on.

I'm really tempted to use it because I spam my own advertisements in my room throughout my night and it would take that work off of me, but I think so many people have him on ignore that it may not be beneficial to me.

I mean if I'm trying to push my sales and content, I need people to actually see the advertisements, and they can't put ME on ignore in my own room, can they? :)

True, but it hurts other models who don't abuse it.

I agree. Like i said if they could make it so it could be ignored in some rooms, but not a blanket ignore, then I'd be okay with that. But to not be able to ignore it at all across all of MFC? God that would be annoying in so many rooms. There's a lot of models who have just ruined it for the rest.

I'm really tempted to use it because I spam my own advertisements in my room throughout my night and it would take that work off of me, but I think so many people have him on ignore that it may not be beneficial to me.

I mean if I'm trying to push my sales and content, I need people to actually see the advertisements, and they can't put ME on ignore in my own room, can they? :)

That's where charlesbot should have been tamed right off the bat. If it had a time limitation for posting the messages. Say only once every 10 minutes. It would have never gotten to the level of annoyance it has. Still could have gotten the spam out, it just wouldn't have been able to flood the chat screen with it constantly.

Reactions: WickedTouch
That's where charlesbot should have been tamed right off the bat. If it had a time limitation for posting the messages. Say only once every 10 minutes. It would have never gotten to the level of annoyance it has. Still could have gotten the spam out, it just wouldn't have been able to flood the chat screen with it constantly.
The minimum is 90 seconds btw for automatically posted ads. You can't schedule posts any faster than that.

I don't think you're going to be able to do that if they keep with the current implementation. Charlesbot is essentially just a user account. There's no way to customize a user account on a room by room basis unless MFC builds in some additional functionality.

You could use @Moros1138's extension, which, I believe, broadcasts using the model's own name.

I don't know the particulars of this deal, but overall I think it's good. MFC is looking for features models want and/or are already using and integrating them into their platform.

What are the "wish I had an automated way to..." features that you want that you don't yet have? I'd start pushing for those since it seems there is an ear listening these days.

I don't think you're going to be able to do that if they keep with the current implementation. Charlesbot is essentially just a user account. There's no way to customize a user account on a room by room basis unless MFC builds in some additional functionality.

You could use @Moros1138's extension, which, I believe, broadcasts using the model's own name.

I don't know the particulars of this deal, but overall I think it's good. MFC is looking for features models want and/or are already using and integrating them into their platform.

What are the "wish I had an automated way to..." features that you want that you don't yet have? I'd start pushing for those since it seems there is an ear listening these days.
Yeah, I know it's a premium account. :/ That's why I'm hoping it'll change and be able to be used differently and some other issues with the premium account be solved. Like when MFC goes down for maintenance or Charlesbot gets kicked offline we have to wait until he rejoins the room to use his features. This also resets our counts with CB and any !remaining game we had, super frustrating. Would be nice to permanently implement him into our rooms without the use of a premium account.

I plan on trying Moro's extension in the near future, just haven't had time to. Looks promising! ^_^

Reactions: Ann_Sulu and Kradek
That's why I'm hoping it'll change and be able to be used differently and some other issues with the premium account be solved.

Those issues you mention where solvable even without that change - I never understood why he never fixed them: it's just a matter of saving state to a database/file(s) every once in a while, which charlesbot already does with all the ads, so why not do it for games/polls/etc? Fear of the database becoming too large perhaps?

Reactions: Magnolia

I have you on ignore when I'm in your room, Amber. Ignore the fact that I talk to you and all that stuff. It's not real.

I have you on ignore when I'm in your room, Amber. Ignore the fact that I talk to you and all that stuff. It's not real.
I'm shaking my head at you real hard right now.

For the features i use.. I'm sticking with Moros's extention especially because of that. Moros's one does indeed post as 'me' so people cant put it on ignore.

I'm excited to see mfc making so many changes to improve our experience as models.

I think MFC might rename it ..and take it away from using a member type account.
each model could have an assigned roomname-bot linked to their account.and it would be optional as to if they used it.

The model could set the colour and font etc and modify the name.

Its too open to abuse if left as a member type account.

Reactions: babygirl69696
I'm a little surprised to hear that Charles in on ignore for a lot of people, I haven't ever heard it mentioned

I will say though that like any advertising, I find myself naturally blanking out anything written in red now.. I've even said to members you probably shouldn't have red font in a Charles room because people will tend to gloss over you

What I find infinitely worse than Charles, not sure what the toy it, but the one that spams a whole list like "tip 1 token to vibrate for 1 second on low", it's a whole wall of text at a time, that's madness

I'm a little surprised to hear that Charles in on ignore for a lot of people, I haven't ever heard it mentioned

IMO I believe many members dislike CharlesBot :punch:... but we just don't make a big deal about it. I have been binning him since shortly after he appeared. I simply click "ignore", so his irritating, over promoting, red fonted, spammy butt is dropped into my ignore bin!!! :hilarious:

IRL I like to watch the movies, but not with lots of ad breaks. On MFC, I can read all of the models promo information on her profile, so there is no need for the "train of pain" banner circus to be trundling through the chat every few minutes, repeating on and on... ad nauseam. Its annoying, very distracting, and kills the "frenzy". Personally, I like my chat room experience to be as "spam free" as possible... thank you! ;)

#BanTheSpam

Wicked.gif

:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

I'll be honest, I haven't looked at what charlesbot can do. Is it supposed to be something a bit like the apps and bots at cb? I saw token keno mentioned on the charlesbot homepage. And when users ignore the bot, I can't play this game?

Hang around in the lounges more. It's a regular topic for the daily bitch fest in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.