AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CHATROOM PIMPS & CONTROLLING MEMBERS

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2013
Hello

There are certain members that go to new models rooms and pray on their naivety and vulnerability, telling them what they should be doing and offering in their public rooms, these members try to convince a new model they’re helping and offering good advice when in fact their advice is wrong and for the members benefit only. New models are falling for their crazy advice simply because they don’t know any better and see other models doing the same thing. These models are being pressured into thinking unless they don’t do as advised they will not make any money on the cam site.

Members are sending the same copy & pasted emails to all new models claiming they’re good friends with certain top models and have helped many models on the site to make amazing money and this is what you should be offering or doing in your room to make good money too.

What right has a member to give advice to a new model that she should be getting naked in her public room or doing public cum shows for 500 tokens, or that she should be offering Skype shows at discounted prices, or that she should set up a twitter account, or that she should sell her phone number. Some members are even encouraging and offering to help new models set up scam date raffles where nobody actually wins but the member helping them.

Has it never occurred to these same members that some models don’t want to get naked in their public room or offer public cum shows. Some models don’t want to be pestered and abused all day long through twitter or sell their number to receive abuse and threats on their phone. In my opinion Skype comes with serious security risks where the model can be scammed, black mailed, recorded and even hacked.

These members should let the models work the way they want and stop acting like obsessed, controlling chat room pimps and they know how to work the job better than the models. The best help a member can give a new model is tips and shows to help raise their cam score.

Has any models ever had these same issues with certain members?

Reactions: LadyLuna
MFCforever said:
In my opinion Skype comes with serious security risks where the model can be scammed, black mailed, recorded and even hacked.
So basically Skype is the same as every camsite ever. I wouldn't call some guy getting an ip address from Skype hacking. These guys do sound awful tho.

Reactions: Misono
MFCforever said:
These members should let the models work the way they want and stop acting like obsessed, controlling chat room pimps and they know how to work the job better than the models.
What cam girls should tell know-it-all members: :cool:

Well.... yes.

I do agree with you that there are these members out there... plenty of them, and they are total douches... but I'm not entirely sure why this is such an important point? You're saying it as though it's new news, so I'm guessing maybe you've not come across it all that much and are seriously shocked.

It is a sad fact that there are many very predatory members out there. When I was a new model I got plenty of them. My number one peace of advice is to not listen to most members advice, and probably to block their pm's as this is where they'll get most of this harassment. But... sadly, it's hard to get the info out to many new girls fast enough, they just have to learn. Camming is a tough job, one that you learn on the job. Those first few weeks/months will be the most overwhelming. Those who stick it out past then have usually learned.

As a member I would try not to worry so much about what other members do and just worry about what you do. If you see this behaviour maybe after having tipped and communicated with a model send her an mfc mail saying she doesn't have to listen to members advice and many of them deliberately try controlling models and give them bad advice for their own advantage, and then direct her here for more information about how to deal with these members, that's pretty much all you can do.

One thing that I do ,that the OP might try. Is to send the model a tip, with the tip note showing the link to this forum and suggesting she check it out. I don't know if any model has ever checked it out based on my tip but it makes me feel better doing it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.