AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chatrubate is not banning an account

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2016
The land of Oz
Chaturbate really baffles me, after reading stories that CB bans models just for having a haircut I was told this story by a friend who use to work at a studio in Colombia.

My friend told me that she recently acrimoniously parted ways with the studio she was working for. After she left, the studio changed her password so she could no longer access the account. My friend contacted CB to ask for the account to be deleted as she was not going to use it again. Support informed her as the account was set up by a studio and not her that would not be possible. She has since found out that a different girl is now performing under her old account. Obviously this is upsetting for her as she has put in a lot of work to get all her followers and she will have to start again by herself on a new account while this new girl walks into an account with a considerable following.

• Wat?!
Reactions: ThePrincessLuxy
My friend told me that she recently acrimoniously parted ways with the studio she was working for. After she left, the studio changed her password so she could no longer access the account. My friend contacted CB to ask for the account to be deleted as she was not going to use it again. Support informed her as the account was set up by a studio and not her that would not be possible. She has since found out that a different girl is now performing under her old account. Obviously this is upsetting for her as she has put in a lot of work to get all her followers and she will have to start again by herself on a new account while this new girl walks into an account with a considerable following.

Sadly, this is common practice. Even on MFC as I understand it. Since the studio owns the account, they control it. There's threads on here that talk about how models come and go under different names at studios.

If someone was using my account, I would be nervous that they were also using my identification and report it as possible online exploitation. She should consider going outside of the very fallible chaturbate and doing so.

It might be common practice, but it is not legal. Isn't that why MFC stopped taking studios?

Please provide info on how it's "not legal". Can you speak for all countries, territories and such throughout the world on their laws?

As to MFC, there are plenty of studios from around the world with model or "broadcaster" accounts which belong to the studio. However, this is also about CB. So, could be different rules and policies than what MFC does.

Does this mean that a model who no longer wants to work can just sell her account along with her followers and good camscore?

If I read it right, and from what I understand on the talk of independent contracts between sites, I would venture a guess at "No". It appears that there are specific rules to studios, and the accounts created/owned by them.

But, for CB, Punker Barbie would probably be the best to answer that if she has time. As to MFC, perhaps one of the models with more experience knows more. I have talked with some studio models and they say that if they leave to start up on their own, they start over.

Please provide info on how it's "not legal". Can you speak for all countries, territories and such throughout the world on their laws?

As to MFC, there are plenty of studios from around the world with model or "broadcaster" accounts which belong to the studio. However, this is also about CB. So, could be different rules and policies than what MFC does.
If they open an account with one model's identification, it would be illegal to use those ids for another person. You mentioned MFC first. I'm pretty sure this part of the reason they stopped accepting studios from Asian countries. I can't speak for all countries, but Chaturbate is based in the US and is required to follow US laws. Even if the site shirks liability by shifting it to the studios, if they are made aware that someone without ID is working under another person's credentials, the liability is back on them. I know that you're a master of all trades. So feel free to just hit disagree and spare me the lengthy dissertation on why I'm wrong and how to cook rice.

If they open an account with one model's identification, it would be illegal to use those ids for another person. You mentioned MFC first. I'm pretty sure this part of the reason they stopped accepting studios from Asian countries. I can't speak for all countries, but Chaturbate is based in the US and is required to follow US laws. Even if the site shirks liability by shifting it to the studios, if they are made aware that someone without ID is working under another person's credentials, the liability is back on them. I know that you're a master of all trades. So feel free to just hit disagree and spare me the lengthy dissertation on why I'm wrong and how to cook rice.

This had happened to as I know a studio can easily add another ID requirement and that person can work on that account. Yes someone can complain and put a stop, but if that person currently have all requirements, then that person can work on that account name. (speaking on CB, not sure about MFC). The studio, can easily say they have deleted your Id on that account and only way you can verify with support is to follow their instructions to send your ID/ID with face with a sign dated paper turned upside down or something odd to prove its your account or your ID they are using.

I initially mentioned that it was common practice for models who leave studios have to start over, even on MFC. I also provided a link to Chaturbate's website talking about studio account creation. There's also a link to MFC's studio admin page. So, based off of those two things alone, it's fairly safe to say that studios are allowed on both sites and are legal to do so.

As to legalities, both MFC and CB are based within the US. So, of course, they have to follow US laws. But, that doesn't mean studios are illegal everywhere. Of course, it is the site's responsibility to investigate anything where a model may be underage. Without seeing the requirements for a studio account, it's only speculation as to if the studio has to send age verification over to the cam site. Or, if it just needs to be provided upon request.

But, again, studios are allows and he ID's created under a studio account are not the property of the individual model. It is the studio's. The studio pays the model, not the website.

The response from CB support:

This account is associated with a studio, they are able to broadcast anyone they add to the account.

Thank you,
Support

Oh no. There you go doing research and providing facts. Some people aren't going to like .that.

I guess this means that any account could be sold as long as the model first registers the person buying as a second person on that account...
Sounds about right. Some sites might choose to identify a "primary" model and refuse to allow that to change, but most do seem to allow group accounts with multiple co-equal models (be they a couple or just a group that performs together), and it's not unsurprising that if one of the group left the account could continue. Transferring via add new, drop old is a small step from that. If it came to selling accounts, I can see more sites deciding they didn't want to support that (maybe).

Reactions: OldHippy
Of course, it is the site's responsibility to investigate anything where a model may be underage. Without seeing the requirements for a studio account, it's only speculation as to if the studio has to send age verification over to the cam site. Or, if it just needs to be provided upon request.
If a cam site just takes it on faith that a studio has IDs on record, that seems extremely foolish. If some legal authority started investigating the cam site for underage performers, the site really ought to have proof on hand and ready to go. I assume it wouldn't fly to say, "We know she's legal because some overseas studio that isn't subject to US law told us they had her ID. No doubt they'll send a copy over right away, and they definitely won't disappear into thin air..." If I were a legit studio and signed up with a site that didn't ask for all the performers' IDs, I'd worry about what other things they might be overlooking, like whether there might be huge pitfalls in their payroll system.

As far as switching out models, if the site allows you to add performers to an account, it seems like it would be pretty easy to make the switch and wouldn't necessarily be against the rules. At worst, you could argue that one of the models on the account is now using it heavily, and the original model just isn't. Some sites don't allow adding models to individual accounts, so it would be much more complicated.

Regarding a non-studio model outright selling her account if she can't add a performer, it would probably be against the rules because the TOS on pretty much every site tells you that you aren't allowed to share your log in info. I know it's a rule that everyone breaks (yay Netflix sharing!), but if you want to get technical about it...

I guess this means that any [STUDIO] account could be sold as long as the model first registers the person buying as a second person on that account...
This is one of those things that would be easily done on a studio account but not a regular account, methinks.

And only on CB, not MFC. (MFC used to allow studio accounts to do this back in the day but no longer I believe accept it.)

I have recently seen this on mfc too where another girl "took over" an account from another girl. It mostly doesn't make that much sense on mfc, because mostly the camscore of a studio model is below 1,000. So on mfc it just makes more sense to make a new account, get the "new" label and a camscore of 1,000. On cb accounts with many followers are "worth" more.

Status
Not open for further replies.