AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate does 4K now?!?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NewChloe18 was on the other day, so since she is pretty much the only one doing 4K, I figured I'd show the differences in quality using just her stream, for reference. Remember, these aren't full screen shots, they're the default window with the chat still there, and I'm only on a 1080p monitor, so you won't see the full true 4K resolution. But this can give you an idea of both the difference in resolution at the lowest ends vs. the highest ends, and the actual diminishing returns going to 4K gives-- the differences from 720p and up tend to be small to most people.

This helps the comparison, because it's the same model, the same background, etc. But at the size of the window, anything from 576p and up tends to look just a bit sharper each time. To see the true difference, you would need to be in her room, go full screen on a 4K monitor, and be close enough to really be able to see the 4K difference (which varies based on the size of the screen). The best place to look in these shots is the wood to her right (from our perspective) in the screenshots, and see how much more detail is there in each shot; the same for the carpet behind her. Also the bed and curtains to her left (from our perspective) gives an idea of the better visual quality at each resolution.

chloe240.PNG
chloe360.PNG
chloe480.PNG
chloe576.PNG
chloe720.PNG
chloe1080.PNG
chloe1440.PNG
chloe2160.PNG

Last edited:
NewChloe18 was on the other day, so since she is pretty much the only one doing 4K, I figured I'd show the differences in quality using just her stream, for reference. Remember, these aren't full screen shots, they're the default window with the chat still there, and I'm only on a 1080p monitor, so you won't see the full true 4K resolution. But this can give you an idea of both the difference in resolution at the lowest ends vs. the highest ends, and the actual diminishing returns going to 4K gives-- the differences from 720p and up tend to be small to most people.

This helps the comparison, because it's the same model, the same background, etc. But at the size of the window, anything from 576p and up tends to look just a bit sharper each time. To see the true difference, you would need to be in her room, go full screen on a 4K monitor, and be close enough to really be able to see the 4K difference (which varies based on the size of the screen). The best place to look in these shots is the wood to her right (from our perspective) in the screenshots, and see how much more detail is there in each shot; the same for the carpet behind her. Also the bed and curtains to her left (from our perspective) gives an idea of the better visual quality at each resolution.

View attachment 72776
View attachment 72777
View attachment 72778
View attachment 72779
View attachment 72780
View attachment 72781
View attachment 72782
View attachment 72783
Helpful post, nice!

I'd just like to say the way my eyeballs work, focusing on the actual subject (her) in each shot there is too subtle of a difference between 720-2160. And I imagine that's why a lot of (not all, I know there are people obsessed with hi res) folks don't give too much of a hoot about superquality cams. So long as they can see their favorite chick clearly they're happy.

Helpful post, nice!

I'd just like to say the way my eyeballs work, focusing on the actual subject (her) in each shot there is too subtle of a difference between 720-2160.

I'd agree with this, but we also have to remember I wasn't full screen, so the image isn't showing the full resolutions for anything probably 720p+. Instead we get to see the supersampling of a higher res image in a lower res screen. If I had done them full screen, then we'd at least see the difference up to 1080p, the max my monitor can do. After that, it would really just be sharper, less jaggy and straighter lines, for the most part (like the text on the box between 1080p and 1440p, or on her shirt), and better details in the background. Also, because Chloe isn't using a webcam, and is using a much more professional cam, there is a definite depth of field effect going on; where the cam is very focused on her in the foreground and blurring out the background a bit. A few other models on MFC and CB are using cams similar to this, now (though probably not 4K cams due to cost), and you get the same effect. NiceASSistant and MissDevine I know have them (though Divine doesn't always use it), as well as some others.

And I imagine that's why a lot of (not all, I know there are people obsessed with hi res) folks don't give too much of a hoot about superquality cams. So long as they can see their favorite chick clearly they're happy.

That depends. I think most members would appreciate at least 720p streams (with auto transcoding down for those on slower connections) on MFC. But, even so, without proper lighting and such, said streams wouldn't look as good as they could with the proper setup. A girl I like to watch, for example, I can only stand to watch until the sun goes down her time... after that, her lighting makes things look orange, including her white wall and her. At times she practically blends in with her wall. She's super hot, but her lighting makes her hard to watch after the sun goes down in Europe. She's also a former studio girl, so you'd think she'd know that lighting is a big part of looking good on cam. So even a higher res stream of her wouldn't do much after the sun goes down around her. The lighting situation means higher resolution wouldn't make a lick of difference unless the sun was still up. And I'm sure every model learns you don't need studio quality lights to be on cam... just a few desktop lamps pointed at the right angles can do wonders.

Obviously Chloe has her setup down pat. Lighting, cam placement, etc. So the higher res streams make her look way better. But you can definitely see a difference in just Chloe at least up to 720p in these shots. Her arms aren't pixelated, her hair color and shirt look much better, etc. Even the bricks behind the TV behind her get a lot better looking, even blurred, each step up the resolution ladder.

There was something I saw on NewChloe18's show that was wonderful. When she switched from her drone camera to her main camera. the fade from one camera to the other was slow and completely professional. That's some tight science she has.

There was something I saw on NewChloe18's show that was wonderful. When she switched from her drone camera to her main camera. the fade from one camera to the other was slow and completely professional. That's some tight science she has.

The transitions in OBS have recently been updated to allow for more control.

Reactions: rstanton
You could look for a second hand nikon D610 or something and a 50mm prime lens.

But if you are not willing / able to pay, dont bother and stay at a lower resolution.

/Edit tried to quote the 4k for less than 1000,-....

Yes, and the lens she uses is a Canon 35mm f1.4 set wide open. Even the audio when she does her hilarious lipsync shows is outstanding. I've only seen one drone show but it was crazy seeing her husband's huge house! She has an incredible operation.

She doesn't have a husband. That's her own place lol.

Reactions: Mia Cherry
The transitions in OBS have recently been updated to allow for more control.
Its super easy to do in OBS! (I use OBS and stream with a DSLR also) Its called 'studio mode' .I like to do transitions when I'm signing off CB and have my camera fade out to black :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.