AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate streaming problems (bitrate throttling?)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2017
So I've been having a ton of trouble getting my stream to broadcast in HD. I messed with this all night and the best resolution I could hold a stable bitrate at with chaturbate was something like 800x400. I finally got disgusted and said, let me try twitch!

So I set up a twitch account, set up my OBS with my twitch key and used the same exact settings, except I set it to 1280x720 at 30fps with a 3500 bitrate and viola! 100% stable in HD with bitrates between 3500 and 4000!

Flipped back to chaturbate, left the settings the same, crap. <10fps and sub 1000 bitrate 1/2 the time.

Am I just being screwed over because I'm new? Is there a premium account I need to buy so that I can have HD video?

I tried every single streaming server avialable in OBS and not one of them worked correctly.

I live in Chicago with a 10mbps upload speed.

I'm getting really discouraged here. Does anyone know whats going on here?

can your pc handle streaming in a high quality? what's your specs?

Upvote 0
It could be your ISP. Now that ISP can screw with your traffic, they'll start blackmailing users & websites for more money.

It could also be the path your traffic is taking to CB, OBS settings.

You could try a VPN. If your ISP is fucking with your traffic. That might be one way to bypass the fuckery.

Upvote 0
It could be your ISP. Now that ISP can screw with your traffic, they'll start blackmailing users & websites for more money.

It could also be the path your traffic is taking to CB, OBS settings.

You could try a VPN. If your ISP is fucking with your traffic. That might be one way to bypass the fuckery.
Is that related with that net neutrality thing? Is already in effect? Sorry if I sound dumb asking, but I’ve noticed something like that also on Streamate.

Upvote 0
Yes this computer can handle streaming hd fine. The cam is a c920 the computer is a 6700 i7, 24gb ram, an m.2 ssd and a 970m gtx. Like I said, I'm able to stream stable video to twitch fine. Its specifically chatubate that has problems.

I also was under the impression that the net neutrality repeal was going to have to be approved by congress still... but maybe I"m wrong. ISP throttling chaturbate specifically seems fishy but I suppose its possible.

Upvote 0
A 10 mbit upload speed isn't all that great there might a bottleneck to C.B's server somewhere

Upvote 0
There are times when the site just has too many guests/broadcasters the site needs to prioritize bandwidth to members at the top closely followed by guests with tokens. You have to know that Chaturbate is a top camsite on the category of Adult Camsites at Alexa.

Broadcasters who pull in a lot of visitors would also be prioritized. Take note that those who contribute to the token consumerism of the site meaning those who take part in its micro-economy like buying tokens and tipping broadcasters and broadcasting themselves and receiving tokens and then tipping them back into the stream of this micro-economic site. You can play a small part in this activity even if you withdraw tokens as cash on regular basis to support yourself financially makes you an important part of this site and the site as much as possible will give you good bandwidth even there are too much visitors in the site.

More importantly

-Be a member and your bandwidth should immediately improve. Understandably.
-Pull in a lot of loyal followers by being creative with your shows and this will guarantee priority bandwidth when you enter the site. Understandably again, the site knows your loyal following and the micro-economic hum is thriving with the site's members in healthy numbers and in good spirits.

* Tokens credited to you is 100% yours and no one else's, just put your documents well in order so as not be hindered by legal requirements set by LAW AND NOT BY THE SITE. It's also not fair to blame the site when the site is just required by law to require those documents for a seamless withdrawal of cash. The site is just following the law here.

Altogether taken, its a great and interesting community.

Sincerely,

So I've been having a ton of trouble getting my stream to broadcast in HD. I messed with this all night and the best resolution I could hold a stable bitrate at with chaturbate was something like 800x400. I finally got disgusted and said, let me try twitch!

So I set up a twitch account, set up my OBS with my twitch key and used the same exact settings, except I set it to 1280x720 at 30fps with a 3500 bitrate and viola! 100% stable in HD with bitrates between 3500 and 4000!

Flipped back to chaturbate, left the settings the same, crap. <10fps and sub 1000 bitrate 1/2 the time.

Am I just being screwed over because I'm new? Is there a premium account I need to buy so that I can have HD video?

I tried every single streaming server avialable in OBS and not one of them worked correctly.

I live in Chicago with a 10mbps upload speed.

I'm getting really discouraged here. Does anyone know whats going on here?

Upvote 0
Did you run a speed diagnostic? You want to look at upload speed, not download. A lot of ISPs offer good service in the latter, but paltry service for uplink. I had this exact issue when I started camming and I immediately suspected throttling (totally wouldn't put it past any ISP), but it wasn't the culprit in the end.

If your diagnostic checks out (you can do it for free via a ton of different sites online - PM me if you can't find one), check for interferences between your router and computer. Internet connections are a lot like sound in the way they function - things like large mirrors or metallic objects can cause obstructions. 'Funneling' effects such as small hallways can also create little 'Faraday Cages' of sorts, 'clogging' the signal.

I first tried a longer router-to-input coax after my diagnostic checked out. Still had problems, despite bypassing the funnel effect of my hallway. It was driving me insane, and I'm no n00b when it comes to tech. Turns out, my full-length mirror was causing the issues (I'm talking SHIT FPS rates - it'd be fine around 30FPS and suddenly dip to, like, 5....over and over again). The mirror was obstructing the signal, so nowadays, I put it wayyyy in the other room when I cam. Now I have zero issues.

Also, make sure you're running a good router (something with DOCSIS 3.0 and internal wifi capacity so you don't have to buy a wifi extension.) The NETGEAR C300 is a good one.

Upvote 0
I choose UTP cable over WiFi any day. As WiFi can be unreliable on different moments of the day. Like MicroWave food moment by a housemate. If there is a need for testing i can try make a config for a red5 host so people can test their OBS settings to a live server. (Will take some time as it was a long time ago i did that.)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.