AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Computers and computer specs.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Way overkill for streaming. Intel processors have had the ability to encode 4k video using hardware acceleration since skylake (released in 2015). Why would you add a $280 GPU to do what the processor already has built-in hardware capability for? Good for gaming, but pointless for streaming. I bought a desktop last year that cost $20 more than that video card that we use to stream with that can handle 4k no problem.

Way overkill for streaming. Intel processors have had the ability to encode 4k video using hardware acceleration since skylake (released in 2015). Why would you add a $280 GPU to do what the processor already has built-in hardware capability for? Good for gaming, but pointless for streaming. I bought a desktop last year that cost $20 more than that video card that we use to stream with that can handle 4k no problem.
If you stream at a lower resolution you can go even cheaper.

Reactions: cammingcouple
I dont like the thread because its unrealistic for most models. The majority of models in the world do not have access to the amount of upload bandwidth needed for 4k.

I don't think this is true. According to speedtest.net, the global average upload speed for fixed broadband is 33.5 Mbps. The minimum for 4k is 12ish. Even the average upload speed for the Congo or Ethiopia is more than that. https://www.speedtest.net/global-index

If you stream at a lower resolution you can go even cheaper.

Thats a very weird video, the i7-4790k is a very powerful processor, it would be difficult to find for 40 bucks.
I don't think this is true. According to speedtest.net, the global average upload speed for fixed broadband is 33.5 Mbps. The minimum for 4k is 12ish. Even the average upload speed for the Congo or Ethiopia is more than that. https://www.speedtest.net/global-index

Where did you hear the minimum for 4k is 12mbps? I can eat up 5mbps with 720p. I wouldn't recommend looking at average upload speed and saying thats what the average person has. Generally with residential internet you either got low upload speed like under 25mbps or you got gigabit upload speed.

Thats a very weird video, the i7-4790k is a very powerful processor, it would be difficult to find for 40 bucks.

Where did you hear the minimum for 4k is 12mbps? I can eat up 5mbps with 720p. I wouldn't recommend looking at average upload speed and saying thats what the average person has. Generally with residential internet you either got low upload speed like under 25mbps or you got gigabit upload speed.

From Chaturbate in their OBS setup guide:
Resolution (WxH)Video BitrateAudio BitrateFPS
853x480800 - 1200 kbps96 kbps24 - 30
1024x5761200 - 3000 kbps96 kbps24 - 30
1280x7203000 - 5000 kbps96 kbps24 - 30
1920x10805000 - 8000 kbps128 kbps24 - 30
2560x14408000 - 12000 kbps192 kbps24 - 30
3840x216012000 - 20000 kbps192 kbps24 - 30

Those are real world averages from the largest speed testing site (not based on advertised upload speeds by providers), so I'm not sure what you mean by that's not what the average person has? I would think that's exactly what those numbers mean as it's all based on real usage. Either way, it's still a hefty margin over the required bandwidth for 4k. Then factoring in location, it would seem the majority of models have more than enough bandwidth for 4k. Certainly seems to be true for north america and europe. Some South America models may struggle with 4k, but even there, they should be ok for the most part (Brazil - 40Mbps, Colombia - 22Mbps, Venezuala - SOL).

Those are real world averages from the largest speed testing site (not based on advertised upload speeds by providers), so I'm not sure what you mean by that's not what the average person has? I would think that's exactly what those numbers mean as it's all based on real usage. Either way, it's still a hefty margin over the required bandwidth for 4k. Then factoring in location, it would seem the majority of models have more than enough bandwidth for 4k. Certainly seems to be true for north america and europe. Some South America models may struggle with 4k, but even there, they should be ok for the most part (Brazil - 40Mbps, Colombia - 22Mbps, Venezuala - SOL).

Well for one we don't know the variability or what the distribution of those speeds are like

From Chaturbate in their OBS setup guide:

Resolution (WxH)Video BitrateAudio BitrateFPS
853x480800 - 1200 kbps96 kbps24 - 30
1024x5761200 - 3000 kbps96 kbps24 - 30
1280x7203000 - 5000 kbps96 kbps24 - 30
1920x10805000 - 8000 kbps128 kbps24 - 30
2560x14408000 - 12000 kbps192 kbps24 - 30
3840x216012000 - 20000 kbps192 kbps24 - 30

says it on the same obs cb page but 12000 kbps bitrate probably wouldnt look very good, i dont know though i dont broadcast in 4k.
1568146293071.png

and no the majority of models to not have enough for 4k. Average internet speed does not equal what the average person has.

Lets say I ask 15 models what their speeds are, i know a lot of columbians so lets say 10 of them say 8mbps the most common upload speed for an independent colombian. then 3 more have upload speeds say 15,25,20 and then 2 of them have gigabit upload speeds. So 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 15 25 20 1000 1000 so the average upload speed out of these numbers is a whopping 142.6mbps which is well beyond what the average person actually has.

Reactions: Nigerian Prince
says it on the same obs cb page but 12000 kbps bitrate probably wouldnt look very good, i dont know though i dont broadcast in 4k.
View attachment 81915

and no the majority of models to not have enough for 4k. Average internet speed does not equal what the average person has.

Lets say I ask 15 models what their speeds are, i know a lot of columbians so lets say 10 of them say 8mbps the most common upload speed for an independent colombian. then 3 more have upload speeds say 15,25,20 and then 2 of them have gigabit upload speeds. So 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 15 25 20 1000 1000 so the average upload speed out of these numbers is a whopping 142.6mbps which is well beyond what the average person actually has.

Yeah, I'm not sure either as I don't have a 4k webcam. Streaming services like Netflix get away with surprisingly low bitrates, but I believe they're also using h265 for 4k. Given the choice, I'd probably stream 1080p at 60fps over 4k anyway.

Good point. Without seeing the data we don't know. Where are you getting "the majority of models to not have enough for 4k." from?

I only just got upload speeds above 0.8mb/s in my area in FEBRUARY. Yes, of this year. I'm in New Zealand. Good/high speed broadband isn't as common as you think, especially in smaller countries and even then it's usually only in busy/big towns. A model friend of mine who lives near Portland in the US is still on 0.8mb/s because they can't really afford to upgrade. So yeah, it's not as widespread or accessible as you might think.

I only just got upload speeds above 0.8mb/s in my area in FEBRUARY. Yes, of this year. I'm in New Zealand. Good/high speed broadband isn't as common as you think, especially in smaller countries and even then it's usually only in busy/big towns. A model friend of mine who lives near Portland in the US is still on 0.8mb/s because they can't really afford to upgrade. So yeah, it's not as widespread or accessible as you might think.

I was going to comment that in many areas of the US, Canada and larger countries, there's still a lot of rural areas that don't have good bandwidth.

https://www.fcc.gov/reports-researc...ress-reports/eighth-broadband-progress-report

the Report finds that approximately 19 million Americans—6 percent of the population—still lack access to fixed broadband service at threshold speeds. In rural areas, nearly one-fourth of the population —14.5 million people—lack access to this service. In tribal areas, nearly one-third of the population lacks access. Even in areas where broadband is available, approximately 100 million Americans still do not subscribe. The report concludes that until the Commission’s Connect America reforms are fully implemented, these gaps are unlikely to close. Because millions still lack access to or have not adopted broadband, the Report concludes broadband is not yet being deployed in a reasonable and timely fashion

IIRC, there's a few aspiring or newer models here who have stated they don't have very good speeds at the time of their posting. I don't recall if it's due to availability in their area, or if it was not economically feasable for them at the time.

Reactions: Sansa and QuinnLane
Status
Not open for further replies.