AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Confused on rules

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Dec 30, 2023
I am confused on the rules in Stripchat.
I built up a "friendship" with a model. She asked me for financial help which i gave her through paypal. She has since asked me again for help, to which I said no. Things got unpleasant.
I reported her to Stripchat for asking me for money again, plus sent them a screenshot of the rude and abusive language she used to me because i said no. And she has now banned me from her page.
The rules state that a model must not ask for money other than with tokens, nor be rude and abusive. I have provided proof for both. Several emails have been sent and received between Stripchat amd myself, but despite the model's behaviour and the fact that she broke two rules, Stripchat are going to do nothing about it.
Sometimes i read posts where models are banned for nothing and can get no explanation as to why they have been banned. I just don't understand the unfairness of all of this to myself and to models that are unfairly treated.

Something that sticks out to me about this post is, that you mention .."she asked me for financial help, which **I** (meaning you) , gave through Paypal. You initiated the external payment, without any prompting, per you. I been reading alot of posts here, as a guest, and i gotta tell you, whenever i read these types of posts, "custies" / users trying to ruin a models career b/c things go sour, it always grosses me out. You didn't have anything better to do? Find a new playmate, move on.

Upvote 0
I built up a "friendship" with a model. She asked me for financial help which i gave her through paypal. She has since asked me again for help, to which I said no. Things got unpleasant.

I reported her to Stripchat for asking me for money again, plus sent them a screenshot of the rude and abusive language she used to me because i said no. And she has now banned me from her page.
OK...have I got this right?

• You built a friendship with a model.
  • You helped her financially when she asked for assistance. (Even though it is against the rules, for BOTH of you I might add).
  • She asked for help again and you said no. (It is perfectly ok for you to say no)
  • She called you names and said bad things to you.
  • You reported her.
  • SC did nothing (as far as you know. they may in fact have given her a warning.)
  • She has blocked you from her room. (Understandable if she knows you reported her to SC)
  • You came here to complain about her.

I do not really see what you have to be so upset about. She called you names? And said bad things to you? Are you a child??? Just ignore and block here for crying out loud.

The rules state that a model must not ask for money other than with tokens, nor be rude and abusive. I have provided proof for both. Several emails have been sent and received between Stripchat amd myself, but despite the model's behaviour and the fact that she broke two rules, Stripchat are going to do nothing about it.
Seems to me that you are after some sort of revenge for her being "mean" to you. Yes, she broke the rules (SO did YOU by the way!) As I said before, get over it. Find another model, there are over 9000 online at many times of the day. And most o f them will not ask you for money off-site.

Sometimes i read posts where models are banned for nothing and can get no explanation as to why they have been banned. I just don't understand the unfairness of all of this to myself and to models that are unfairly treated.

You will rarely (never) see models on SC getting banned "for nothing". And they are always told why they have been banned/suspended (those who claim otherwise are being "creative" with the truth).

This situation involves no unfairness to anyone. How SC have responded to the situation does not affect you in any way at all, except that you have not been able to feel some sort of righteous power over a model by getting her banned from SC. But that is hardly *unfair*. Likewise it is not unfair to other models. How this model is treated has absolutely no affect on other models.

To summarise:

Yes she broke a rule.
So did you. Willingly.
You reported her.
StripChat did nothing (As far as YOU know. They may well have reprimanded her, which is none of your business to know)

Time for you to move on. Find another model to interact with (legally according to the site rules) there are many out there. Don't be petty because what happened to you is hardly life-threatening. (This is good advice for life in general)

Upvote 0
About Paypal: when I send help to a camgirl, I always use bitcoin. A lot of the colombian girls have a binance account, so that is easy. In my opinion paypal is not secure because the recipient gets your name and e-mail as far as I know. This can be a problem when things turn sour.
But I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.
Just my two cents.

Upvote 0

Was that discussion between you and the model regarding PayPal etc directly on the stripchat platform?

Reactions: mika_kedi
Upvote 0
I built up a "friendship" with a model. She asked me for financial help which i gave her through paypal.
If by then you moved to contact outside of Stripchat and that's where you were talking when she asked she didn't actually break the rules, because Stripchat is not and can't be controlling what's happening offsite.

Also everything what @Ozzie_ said. I meant to say something similar but he was way nicer and more polite than I would be, so let's leave it at that.

Upvote 0
Just to confirm, when she first asked me for help it was via an email. I made it clear it was a one off.
When she asked me for help again, it was on the page in private. That was when I said no. She got rude and abusive on the page in private.
All i was really doing was checking the rules. There was no need for anyone to get nasty.
When i said it was unfair on other models, I was just going by things i read and it shows an inconsistency in the rules, which is why i am confused.
If it is frowned upon to report abusive behaviour then there is no point having rules.

Upvote 0
Just to confirm, when she first asked me for help it was via an email. I made it clear it was a one off.
When she asked me for help again, it was on the page in private. That was when I said no. She got rude and abusive on the page in private.
All i was really doing was checking the rules. There was no need for anyone to get nasty.
When i said it was unfair on other models, I was just going by things i read and it shows an inconsistency in the rules, which is why i am confused.
If it is frowned upon to report abusive behaviour then there is no point having rules.
To be clear, it's not frowned upon to report dangerous behavior.. but someone having a go at you is just part of the internet. It sucks, but there's no reason to try to get someone fired from their job. Especially when you can just.. leave and don't come back??

Upvote 0
Fair enough, but you really weren't just checking, you showed that you know the rules. Personally I took the attitude I did because you came across as a petulant child who wanted to get back at someone who had called them names.

There is no inconsistency.

Well, as with most things in life actions are best weighed up against consequences etc. Yes what she did (Off-site payments) was against rules, and technically "abuse" is also against the rules, but when weighed against the possible consequence of losing a person their job, is it really necessary to report them just for saying bad things to you on the internet?

Upvote 0
I will say I have sometimes been surprised someone has been able to keep broadcasting to where I don't actually report any models anymore.. I have seen them show other people out in public on purpose, have had kids running around in the background when in public and some doing roleplay that should never ever happen.. and yet nothing ever happened, so I simply stopped reporting now..

but for this, yea I'd definetly just keep moving along...

Reactions: MarieElise and Agi
Upvote 0
the legal definition of abuse and different people's subjective opinions of what constitutes "abuse" are often completely different. I've called someone 'stupid" before, because something they did was stupid. It really was, and I pointed that out factually, and it was an unarguably, accurate descriptor for what they chose to do (while they were having a childish emo tantrum, because something never went their way fast enough for their liking). Then they complained to manyvids and tried to have me fired lol. "Abuse" 😆

You really do sound like a petulant child OP, that was a great way of phrasing it.
You chose to send a model money through paypal, wasn't a wise decision. Potentially breaks the TOS of paypal too. 2 sides to a story. I can gaurantee you probably were not perfectly behaved in this situation either. It never works that way. We just are not hearing the other side, or likely the full story.
Learn and move on OP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wuggie and Ozzie_
Upvote 0
I won't repeat the verbal abuse she gave to me, because it is very unpleasant. All of it came across as a tantrum. But she called my mother a w***e. There was no need to insult a member of my family.

Upvote 0
Obviously, we won't know exactly what was said or done, so how about you move on to another model who won't call you or your family insults for any reason (unless you pay them for it)?
There are so many other "fish in the sea", so go find one, there are a lot of amazing models out there.

Learn from your mistakes, from your side from how you speak to others and how you let them speak, and the actions you take (IE. sending offline payments - I think when you do it once some expectations can be set so just don't do it).
Stick with the cam sites you like and tip there.

I have a weird feeling you're just more peeved and angry at the fact she banned you from her room after you said no. The thing is, did you just say "oh no sorry, I already told you it was a one-off" or did you say it rudely and in a dick way? Obviously ultimately it doesn't matter, if she banned you, she banned you - follow the advice and move on, don't be so hung up on "oh no she banned me, I want revenge". Laugh it off as experience, and don't do it again. It's honestly THAT simple.

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
I won't repeat the verbal abuse she gave to me, because it is very unpleasant. All of it came across as a tantrum. But she called my mother a w***e. There was no need to insult a member of my family.
Lol what?

I'm sorry someone on the internet called your Mom a whore. I think that's a compliment though, not an insult.
Definitely move on, you two are clearly not a good professional match.

Unless you flesh this whole thing out which will take years. I don't know who was worst, and I'm not arguing you were, as I have not seen everything that happened. Moving forward, don't send cam models payments off sites. Something clearly went majorly wrong here.

I am sorry you are having a negative emotional experience.

Upvote 0
Oh FFS!!! Censoring the word "Whore"???? Grow up. *Is* your mother a whore? (and what is the big deal if she is, as long as she gives value for money?)

Did she call you "un hijo de puta" or similar? Saying such is a fairly standard insult in some cultures. And I believe, (my latino insult vocab is not 100%) is merely the same as calling you a "son of a bitch" .

Upvote 0
Lol

The abuse I get on a daily basis as a woman existing online - let alone a sex worker….

Look, name calling is not nice. But a woman being a bitch to you is not a reason to try and make her lose her income. This is survival for many models. Especially in some countries- the tactics you encountered while shitty are sometimes survival.

If you told us you verbally abused her in return that’s fine. but having someone call your mom a whore doesn’t mean she should lose her means of survival you absolute entitled twat. Women don’t have to be nice to you. Or your mom lol

She didn’t threaten you, or your mom, or your job.
Grow upppppp!!!

Upvote 0
Reporting her is vindictive. You gain nothing by doing this and she could lose everything. If you want to "punish" a model, stop tipping her. She blocked you so it doesn't really matter at this point. I know you were seeking validation for your feelings but it's unwarranted in my opinion.

Upvote 0
My two cents as a user I can see your point about stripchat support not being brilliant. As @Wuggie said above more "serious" things happen and it goes unpunished or punished and we don't know.

I would just take it as a lesson and move on. Technically you've both broken the rules and by the letter of the law, you both should have received a warning/punishment. We could argue all day about who's is worse or who broke the rules first but it's not the point. You shouldn't have sent money and she shouldn't have asked. Just leave it as that.

Yeah insults aren't nice and you are well in your rights to report that but don't wish ot expect anything to happen, just block and move on. For God sake too don't send models money offsite. It's in the rules to begin with.

If you knew the rules from the start, why do it as all this could have been avoided!!!

Upvote 0
The thing for us all to remember is that here we only ever hear one side of the story (whether it is a model saying "I got banned for no reason!!!" or a disgruntled user who has a model who "Done me wrong") When SC investigates, they get to se both sides and then act accordingly according to their rules.

I have to be contrary here in that I have never had a bad experience with SC support. But maybe that is because I always provide screenshots where appropriate and coherent descriptions of what transgression has happened etc and do not report silly things (Like "she called my mum names")

Once or twice I have had an obvious "Script reader" response to a technical issue, but that is life.... hardly a reason to condemn the entire support team.

Reactions: Agi and Wuggie
Upvote 0

This sounds very familiar. There was a guy on here not that long ago…who also posted about how a model called his mother a “whore.” Was that you, or someone else on here?

Upvote 0
Hey all
Not sure if my input is really needed but I just want to comment on a few points (other than all the breaches going on from both parties regarding offsite payments in the initial post).

Sometimes i read posts where models are banned for nothing and can get no explanation as to why they have been banned.
Not true.
We always provide models with clear explanations of why we have suspended them and which rules they have violated.

Not true.
We encourage and welcome reports on both users and models, as these reports help us keep our site safe, secure, and fair for all to use.

the legal definition of abuse and different people's subjective opinions of what constitutes "abuse" are often completely different.
True.
But we also have our own Rules and Definitions therefore, we always go by the Stripchat Guidelines.
A breach is something we clearly note as a violation, and this is what we expect all models and users to adhere to.

When SC investigates, they get to se both sides and then act accordingly according to their rules.
I always provide screenshots where appropriate and coherent descriptions of what transgression has happened etc
Very true.
We review reports and take all info into account, but will conduct our own investigation and take no sides between users and models.
Screenshots and evidence provided in reports are ALWAYS helpful with the investigations as they provide us with the point to start - so continue sending us evidence.

I will say I have sometimes been surprised someone has been able to keep broadcasting to where I don't actually report any models anymore..

As @Wuggie said above more "serious" things happen and it goes unpunished or punished and we don't know.

Consequences depend on the violations and the procedures we have in place for each individual breach.
Not all violations end up in immediate or permanent suspensions.
Also, with certain breaches, we try to be a little lenient and have warnings in place (sometimes a few) before a more serious action is taken.
Other breaches are severe, immediate and permanent.

Regardless, a report is never ignored (unless we find no evidence to support the report).
Some sort of action will always be taken - but we do follow procedures and processes.

Therefore, please don't be discouraged from making reports and continue to help us with users and models who violate our rules.

And if you feel that we have taken no action on a report you have made, I am always here to conduct another investigation on the matter to give you peace of mind.

Upvote 0