AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Constant streams of 1 token tips?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JerryBoBerry said:
JoleneBrody said:
I wrote this back on page one and I'm quoting because amazingly, since then my opinion has remained exactly the same on it (my thoughts on camming an opinions often change over time based on experience but this has been a constant) and I think it's super relevant to anyone who maybe didn't read the earlier posts.

It's like graphic dirty talk in public chat for all to see vs. a private tip note expressing ones arousal. They are obviously coming from the same place but have very different results.
While a 1 tok wall may be coming from a place of fun, if it's creating at atmosphere that others do not appreciate a heads up is nice, right?

It seems to me the only people who actually like 1 tok yellow walls are the people who like to make 1 token yellow walls... that should say something.

I think it's also a matter of perspective. You're looking at it through rose colored glasses, so to speak. Many of the models who share that opinion usually have lively chat going on, tipping that's fairly consistent and can push toward those goals in a semi-reasonable time.

Go visit models who spend most nights with one or two people being the only ones chatting the whole time they are on every night. Who spend hours trying to get to their first goal on a regular basis. Have no one tipping for hours... They tend to feel differently about 1 token walls. It livens up the room, actually increases chat instead of hindering it and it means they are making more than they were.

Just perspective. When you spend a couple hours trying to get to a '600 token to bra off' goal and you haven't made a show goal all week, a couple hundred 1 token tips are quite fun. (especially when combined with the other reasons I outlined previously)
I can obviously only speak from personal experience and how it affects me and my room and the reasons why. I'm just saying, if you think a model might not like it, many don't like bringing it up... why continue? If you know for a fact that she does like it, then rock on.

But don't you think that model will be 10 times more ecstatic if that goal she's been working for days for (and likely already feels a sting over) and you want to tip away, was gone just a little quicker? I'm not saying your model friend doesn't like the 2 tok tips but I bet you anything a larger single tip towards that countdown would make her feel even MORE appreciated and special.

Just food for thought. Do what you want obviously. I can only share perspective and thought, and anyone can take it as they will.

Speaking as a model with a lower CAmscore, low room counts and few people talking, I would much rather have a 100 tkn tip followed with chatting for 2-3 minutes than a 2-3 minute wall of 1-5 tkn tips. I'm very grateful that someone is tipping and Definitely like it better than 0 tipping and talking. It somehow feels as getting $5 all in pennies. I would feel ungrateful to express this to someone who was doing the wall and just go along with it was lots of fun and enjoyable to avoid hurt feelings of unappreciation )

spankamber said:
Speaking as a model with a lower CAmscore, low room counts and few people talking, I would much rather have a 100 tkn tip followed with chatting for 2-3 minutes than a 2-3 minute wall of 1-5 tkn tips. I'm very grateful that someone is tipping and Definitely like it better than 0 tipping and talking. It somehow feels as getting $5 all in pennies. I would feel ungrateful to express this to someone who was doing the wall and just go along with it was lots of fun and enjoyable to avoid hurt feelings of unappreciation )

I seldom do 1tk walls, although I do 5 tokens walls fairly often, but they also never bother me as a member.
But I do have a related question. If it is slow night with not many tippers, would you rather have one 100 token tip from a frequent visitor, or say ten 10 token tips spread out over 15 minutes? Or some other pattern?

Tipping is contagious, in my experience if someone wants to inspire others to tip and starts a yellow wall for whatever amount I'm a happy bunny because people almost always join in.
A fellow model helped me out a couple of times by doing this and starting a tip flow! (Thank you). I'm all for 1 token yellow walls, maybe it's not a big sum in the end but still makes me smile big and exciting and lifts up the room. (Just my opinion, could imagine with a higher CS it's different)

HiGirlsRHot said:
spankamber said:

I seldom do 1tk walls, although I do 5 tokens walls fairly often, but they also never bother me as a member.
But I do have a related question. If it is slow night with not many tippers, would you rather have one 100 token tip from a frequent visitor, or say ten 10 token tips spread out over 15 minutes? Or some other pattern?
Sometimes those larger tips (100 or 200, w/e) can inspire more tips. But in my opinion any tip over 10 is fine in any pattern or however you choose to. It's just tips under 10 that can feel sort of insulting (and make the countdowns harder to finish).

This has happened to me before:

Fine night, people are talking/tipping, the countdown is getting cleared at an appropriate rate, etc. Someone comes in and does a 1-token wall.

Everyone who was tipping 20, 50, 100 tks all join in on the 1-token wall. For the rest of the shift, 1 token is the new standard as opposed to 50, and everyone adjusts their tips accordingly.

I sign off frustrated because the countdown, which would have been finished in another hour at the rate it had been going earlier, practically halted. And feeling guilty because people were still tipping me. Nobody wins, besides maybe that first guy who got to (negatively) influence a room for 40 tokens.

HiGirlsRHot said:
spankamber said:

Well I personally do 20 tkns for 2 spanks 30 tkns tit flash and 100 tkns pussy flash so any of those tips 20 tkns 5 times get me spanking my butt a hotter screengrab of what's happening in my room which would would bring more people and possibly tippers in. So any of those tips a 30 tkns tip for tits or 20 tkns a couple times or even 100 tkn tip for explicit pussy shot would all be more helpful then a wall of 5 tkns tips. 5 tkns tips don't get anything except a thank and smiling. Again grateful and happy for whatever makes the tipping member happy and enjoys doing but if the subject is what is best for me as the model that is my reply. ;)

I think Natalia hit the nail on the head with "just use common sense." Get a feel for what's going on in the room, and think about how your 1-token wall might impact it. Frankly, as a member, 1-token walls annoy the crap out of me in a room with any kind of chat at all going on in it. It just kills the chat. I love to see the models getting tipped, but come on, just tip what you wanted to without obliterating the chat. If there's chat but no tipping, I usually feel like I can stimulate more tips with a single tip (doesn't have to be a big one) than a bunch of 1s. The bunch of 1's does disrupt, and a single tip will serve to remind the other folks that tipping is a thing without derailing the room.

It might be different in a very quiet room with virtually no talk or tips. I could see a model appreciating having some energy added to the room then. Even then though, if I'm there on my own, I'd rather just tip a single decent amount (not saying it's disrespectful to tip a small number if that's what you can give, but I feel better about it if my tip is not tiny). In a very quiet room like that, 1-token tip raids can be nice. It really will add up to more than the model was getting, and she gets several new people in to meet her. In a room where things are going decently though, I agree that it may actually work against the model. The chat is spammed away, and anyone who was planning to tip more than 1 might want to wait it out because their 20 or 50 or whatever could get lost in the sea of 1's, and while they might not expect a medal, most tippers would like to at least know that the model noticed their tip.

I love going on tip raids, but if it's going to be a bunch or 1's, I try to lobby for going to a very slow room, so it's actually exciting and nice for the model. If it's going to be a more popular model, I feel like it needs to be a larger number, even though (or maybe even *because*) that will last a shorter time, because otherwise we're probably not doing her any favors. If we're doing 10's or something like that, it can work out well since most of the regs in the room won't be bugged by the amount and some may be inspired to join in. Also, common sense again, it's best to pick a relatively quiet time for the room, certainly not in the middle of a show or a game. That was a slight detour, I know. I find tip raids kind of interesting.

I saw this on Chaturbate and I thought it was pretty fuckin' lame. I mean, when there are 3000 people in a room, and only a few people tipping 1 token tips when there is a good show going on, that says a lot about the quality of traffic on the site.

This has NEVER happened to me on MFC. The lowest tip I ever got was 5 tkns and that was my first night. Which is why I can't bring myself to try Chaturbate. There are so many freeloading assholes on there, I think it would royally piss me off. My camscore is low right now on MFC but I have a nice group of regulars who tip well and whom I enjoy talking to.

/End rant

I'll give my input since I usually get a 1-token tip wall 5 out of 6 days. Like, REALLY often. Since my room is non-nude and purely chat, it tends to scroll by extremely fast. I often lose new people just because they can't keep up on a normal day. I don't mind tip walls at all. Especially the rare times when chat gets slow. However, there is always ONE person who decides to tip wall a small number (say, 1-4) for literally minutes at a time. And they almost always choose to do this while we're conversing about something fun, exciting, and interesting. The worst is when they have a tip note of an emote with each tip. So instead of one line of text for each tip, they're now taking up 3 (or more, depending on the size of emote/gif). This REALLY makes things frustrating. While, yes, of course I appreciate the tips, I am stuck. Now I'm only able to see YOUR tips and am unable to see what little chat is actually going on.

Because, as hard as it is for members to believe, one small line of regular text sandwiched between two larger, yellow-highlighted tips, is almost IMPOSSIBLE to read. So basically, while you're doing your "look at me, I'm tipping you 30 tokens! But I'm gonna take up 3 minutes to do it!" no one else is able to say anything that can be read/responded to. You're basically saying (inadvertently or on purpose), "Hey, other people in chat! My tips are more important than whatever you have to say! Sorry, not sorry!"

Some people do use common sense, though. They tip their tip walls (of whatever size) in a REASONABLE amount of time. Like back-to-back with no amount of time in between them, and they only do it in increments of 10 or less. This is perfect. This allows the model to get excited, show her appreciation, and it still allows chat to continue. Just don't be the jackass who is making the other regulars leave because they're bored while waiting for you to finish.

@Jerry Don't worry, you usually don't make yours stop chat entirely. :lol:

I_Am_Iris said:
I'll give my input since I usually get a 1-token tip wall 5 out of 6 days. Like, REALLY often. Since my room is non-nude and purely chat, it tends to scroll by extremely fast. I often lose new people just because they can't keep up on a normal day. I don't mind tip walls at all. Especially the rare times when chat gets slow. However, there is always ONE person who decides to tip wall a small number (say, 1-4) for literally minutes at a time. And they almost always choose to do this while we're conversing about something fun, exciting, and interesting. The worst is when they have a tip note of an emote with each tip. So instead of one line of text for each tip, they're now taking up 3 (or more, depending on the size of emote/gif). This REALLY makes things frustrating. While, yes, of course I appreciate the tips, I am stuck. Now I'm only able to see YOUR tips and am unable to see what little chat is actually going on.

Because, as hard as it is for members to believe, one small line of regular text sandwiched between two larger, yellow-highlighted tips, is almost IMPOSSIBLE to read. So basically, while you're doing your "look at me, I'm tipping you 30 tokens! But I'm gonna take up 3 minutes to do it!" no one else is able to say anything that can be read/responded to. You're basically saying (inadvertently or on purpose), "Hey, other people in chat! My tips are more important than whatever you have to say! Sorry, not sorry!"

Some people do use common sense, though. They tip their tip walls (of whatever size) in a REASONABLE amount of time. Like back-to-back with no amount of time in between them, and they only do it in increments of 10 or less. This is perfect. This allows the model to get excited, show her appreciation, and it still allows chat to continue. Just don't be the jackass who is making the other regulars leave because they're bored while waiting for you to finish.

@Jerry Don't worry, you usually don't make yours stop chat entirely. :lol:

I think it might also make a difference that you don't do countdowns. Maybe? I think part of what makes it frustrating is the fact that it's impossible to count them but it probably wouldn't go over well if we just ignored them and didn't put them towards the countdown. But if you don't have a countdown going on, it's just an awesome pile of tokens.

Yes, that EXACTLY, Steph. If I ever do have a countdown, I have a regular that uses the countdown helper thing (it's been linked quite a few times) and I just have to tell him when I get ninja tips to subtract from it. That is a LIFESAVER.

Although most of you girls don't like it when your guys help with the countdown, so I'm guessing you could just open up your room in a different browser and use the countdown helper thingy yourself.

ComicOzzie said:
I have NO qualms about breaking 1 token walls, BTW. :twocents-02cents:
I think a lot of people are hesitant to chat during a tip wall for 2 reasons:

1. there are so many "shhh don't break the yellow wall" emotes and people who guilt folks who do.
2. the model won't likely see their comment anyway because a tip wall scrolls too quickly.

I'm grateful for tips in whatever form they come in usually but there always seems to be one person who'll start or join a yellow wall just for the sake of taking the piss out of my "terrible maths skills" because apparently following a constant flow of yellow text should be easy for someone with a degree :shhh:

So yeah I agree, there's a time and a place. Preferably one where I don't have to count :lol:

I agree that tip walls can be disruptive to some rooms.
All in all, I think the guys that do tip walls are just trying to help the MFC model in general.
But, there is a huge difference between a two minute tip wall of one token tips verses a tip wall of 10-20 tokens for one minute. Just my :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: hapa74 and JimsX
I_Am_Iris said:
Yes, that EXACTLY, Steph. If I ever do have a countdown, I have a regular that uses the countdown helper thing (it's been linked quite a few times) and I just have to tell him when I get ninja tips to subtract from it. That is a LIFESAVER.

Although most of you girls don't like it when your guys help with the countdown, so I'm guessing you could just open up your room in a different browser and use the countdown helper thingy yourself.

I have a guy who helps me everyday with countdown, when he is not around i open the helper. Only my visible tips go towards countdown, so it helps A LOT. I dont bother about it.

BUT (always a but) when i am having a slow night, and seems the countdown isnt going down quickly enough, a 1 token tip yellow wall bothers me a lot. It takes 2 minutes, people go "WOW" and the countdown goes down..100 tokens. :(

Reactions: SexySteph
Status
Not open for further replies.