AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Constant streams of 1 token tips?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JerryBoBerry said:
Jessi said:
I think the reason tips are such a big deal in the US is because in a lot of states, minimum wage is depressingly low.its expected that employees will try to make enough tips to make up enough income. I think for tipped positions in some places they can actually pay you less than minimum wage, but Im not sure. I know here, you have to pay at least mini/hour regardless of tips, but most of the people I know who work as servers work at more than one restaurant to make enough to live on.

They can pay WAY below minimum wage in some states. Most of them have a tip plus wage minimum that must be met. Some don't. Some states the employer doesn't have to pay anything if the tips meet the requirement. Some states the minimum wage is down to $2.00/hr. Here's the breakdown by state.
http://www.paywizard.org/main/minimum-wage/tipped-workers

I looked at this less than a month ago. It's a crazy system. The Restaurant industry has gotten away with a lot IMO. When I used to work at fast food places, I'm glad I didn't have to worry about tips.

Long time no post - but I couldn't pass up this topic.

As a frequent guy-who-does-the-whole-tiny-token-tip-wall-thing, I only do it for two reasons;

1) When I see a lot of people in room (a lot = say a dozen or so Premium members) and no tipping
2) To encourage others to tip.

I have to admit, I'm a fan of the 5-token tip-wall, though.
I like to get my "evil grin" faces in there.

P.S: It's also really fun to get a group of members together, find someone who's obviously having a bad day (tokage-wise) on MFC, and go make it rain. Some of the best times have been had with I_Am_Iris and the gang.

as a member who sometimes helps models keep track of the count. i'm surprised i didn't see anyone mention having to count up/figuring out what the count is at. it can get tedious with the smaller tip yellow walls.

Reactions: SexySteph
Ive tried to get members to ive me a yellow wall but unfortunately it hasn't happened for me yet. i think it would be neat

Keeping track of one token tip walls is a pain in the arse. Even 5 token ones can get tricky, but with 1 token ones you really have to know what your token count was before anyone tipped. 5 token tip walls are fine because they're actually a fair sum of tokens and other members can join in. 1 token tip walls just scream "look at me! Look at me!!!" I mean only 100 tokens fills up my wall at least twice, it defeats the point of having a yellow wall. I like yellow walls because it means there is a fuck load of tokens coming in all at once. With 1 token yellow walls it just completely disrupts everything, takes ages, means I have to count up and I barely get anything. Tokens in all forms are obviously great, but these are bad form in my opinion.

Isabella_deL said:
Keeping track of one token tip walls is a pain in the arse. Even 5 token ones can get tricky, but with 1 token ones you really have to know what your token count was before anyone tipped. 5 token tip walls are fine because they're actually a fair sum of tokens and other members can join in. 1 token tip walls just scream "look at me! Look at me!!!" I mean only 100 tokens fills up my wall at least twice, it defeats the point of having a yellow wall. I like yellow walls because it means there is a fuck load of tokens coming in all at once. With 1 token yellow walls it just completely disrupts everything, takes ages, means I have to count up and I barely get anything. Tokens in all forms are obviously great, but these are bad form in my opinion.

http://mfccountdown.azurewebsites.net

Fay_Galore said:
if you start your countdown right at the beginning of your shift, you can just subtract the 'total tokens this session' (which you can keep track of in the info screen) amount from your goal.
What Fay said. If you base your countdown off of your total it's very quick and easy math.

That is also part of the reason I personally do not care to have members track my countdowns.

JoleneBrody said:
Fay_Galore said:
if you start your countdown right at the beginning of your shift, you can just subtract the 'total tokens this session' (which you can keep track of in the info screen) amount from your goal.
What Fay said. If you base your countdown off of your total it's very quick and easy math.

That is also part of the reason I personally do not care to have members track my countdowns.
And on the modelweb broadcaster, you can "reset" your token count, too.

Or have your husband build you a completely custom token tracker based on space aliens called Cooties. Actually please don't do that. If I ever see another model using Space Cooties I might just have to smackaho.

AmberCutie said:
Or have your husband build you a completely custom token tracker based on space aliens called Cooties. Actually please don't do that. If I ever see another model using Space Cooties I might just have to smackaho.

Some of the model husbands seem so talented and/or hard working in the little bit that I see them.

I just read through this whole topic; so much drama! Gotta love it. :lol:

Anyway, I think a tip of any size is great because there are literally thousands of other girls online at the same time you are that a member could have given that one token to, and they chose you. That being said, 1 token walls irritate me.

Not quite the same, but I just saw a room where a guy did a 10-token yellow wall for at least 3 full minutes on his own. A few others just in briefly including 1 guy who filled the wall once on his own.

For sure it was a lot of tokens, but I don't understand why guys who want to tip a large amount go for lower-token walls. He could easily have done that same thing in 100s and had the same or better effect. Seems like he was getting off on the attention, but as an outsider of sorts I found it completely shut down the chat in her room.

JimsX said:
Not quite the same, but I just saw a room where a guy did a 10-token yellow wall for at least 3 full minutes on his own. A few others just in briefly including 1 guy who filled the wall once on his own.

For sure it was a lot of tokens, but I don't understand why guys who want to tip a large amount go for lower-token walls. He could easily have done that same thing in 100s and had the same or better effect. Seems like he was getting off on the attention, but as an outsider of sorts I found it completely shut down the chat in her room.
Is she there to chat or make money? Seems like it was a good thing. As someone who likes doing 2 token walls I'm good with it.

Reactions: Gen
JerryBoBerry said:
JimsX said:

Is she there to chat or make money? Seems like it was a good thing. As someone who likes doing 2 token walls I'm good with it.

I agree, but this one (from my perspective) was excessive. I'm serious about it being minutes long. It was wall after wall after wall. I dunno, just felt he was saying "yup, i have cash!"

JimsX said:
JerryBoBerry said:
JimsX said:

I agree, but this one (from my perspective) was excessive. I'm serious about it being minutes long. It was wall after wall after wall. I dunno, just felt he was saying "yup, i have cash!"
It's a bit attention hungry. And reactions like yours are a big reason why many of us models feel so strange about tip walls. Of course we appreciate the tokens SO MUCH, but if it's turning away a handful of newcomers who may have tipped well, we think to ourselves "gosh, tipperxyz is awesome for that wall, but did that hurt my room in the long run?!"

AmberCutie said:
JimsX said:
JerryBoBerry said:
JimsX said:

It's a bit attention hungry. And reactions like yours are a big reason why many of us models feel so strange about tip walls. Of course we appreciate the tokens SO MUCH, but if it's turning away a handful of newcomers who may have tipped well, we think to ourselves "gosh, tipperxyz is awesome for that wall, but did that hurt my room in the long run?!"
I can understand that. From my perspective I've usually only done it when it's been really slow anyway. So there wasn't much tipping going on for quite some time. And pretty much every single time i've done it one of two things happen. Either someone, [or more than one] join in with the wall, or some other person gets annoyed i'm tipping so little amounts that he feels it necessary to show me up by tipping a bigger amount and showing everyone he's the man. Joining in people I like and usually have fun with. The one's showing me up I laugh at on my side of the monitor, because they're trying to show me up for being cheap yet it was so easy to manipulate them into tipping. And in the long run I usually ended up tipping more in 2 tokens than they did in their one big tip.

Either way it pans out the model got more than she was making, probably would have made during that time if I hadn't done a wall, and also made more than just my tips with the others joining in. I've yet to have a model I've done this to tell me they didn't like it and would rather I not do it again.

Like I've said before. If a model lets me know they don't like it I'll respect that and find someone else who'd like the tokens. It's not a problem at all.

Reactions: Gen and JimsX
AmberCutie said:
JimsX said:
JerryBoBerry said:
JimsX said:

It can also be uncomfortable for us. One tipper might do a wall that adds up to about 50 some odd tokens with others joining in. And then when we can't figure out how many tokens the wall was in the first 5 seconds we get a bunch of "math is hard" type emotes. (Red text on a yellow background that is constantly moving is hard to track. Imagine having to count a box of toothpicks but you weren't allowed to remove any from the box. It's sorta like that.)

Plus, it feels like a way to get a lot of attention ("thank you member257, thank you member257, etc") for often very few tokens. (Idk about other girls but about 85% of my yellow walls add up to 60 tokens or less).

SexyStephXS said:
It can also be uncomfortable for us. One tipper might do a wall that adds up to about 50 some odd tokens with others joining in. And then when we can't figure out how many tokens the wall was in the first 5 seconds we get a bunch of "math is hard" type emotes. (Red text on a yellow background that is constantly moving is hard to track. Imagine having to count a box of toothpicks but you weren't allowed to remove any from the box. It's sorta like that.)

Plus, it feels like a way to get a lot of attention ("thank you member257, thank you member257, etc") for often very few tokens. (Idk about other girls but about 85% of my yellow walls add up to 60 tokens or less).

I feel an evil plan coming along... :mrgreen: Getting on cam tonight Steph? :think:

Reactions: Leon_Omega
Maybe I'm too optimistic but I think most people who do yellow walls or big tips are just guessing what would make the model happiest. I've never had a yellow wall and it'd be cool to have one obviously but I'd rather get a big tip. As far as helping the atmosphere of the room and encouraging other tippers I'd rather have less people see a huge tip than more people see a yellow wall. Just like the model can't keep up with how many tips she is getting neither can the members and the members are probably more likely to think she got more tips than she actually did.
Just my :twocents-02cents:

As far as one token tips that aren't part of a yellow wall. Ugh. I had a regular would tip me one token every five minutes or so the entire time I was online. I would thank him at first and eventually stopped because I'm sorry but I feel ridiculous thanking someone that often for a nickel. Even though I am thankful for all tips, I just felt it actually took away from my room by me having to halt conversation and say thank you so often. It was giving him more attention than he deserved basically. He was getting a ton of thank yous when someone who tipped literally ten times as much was just getting one thank you. At a certain point that just isn't fair.

Once I went into another model's room when she had one of those vibrators that buzzes every time someone tips I was tipping some one tokens tips (and several higher token tips) and I saw that it warns you that the model may find it rude. Then I was pretty annoyed that someone would see that and ignore it.

About the only time I do yellow walls, of any token rate is if the room is pretty dead and I like the model...in that context, it's giving a bit of life to a room. Normally though, tip walls are terribly annoying if there's already active conversation going.

Sometimes, though uncommon, a model will ask for a tip wall. Yeah, then it's cool.

MelodyFaye said:
Once I went into another model's room when she had one of those vibrators that buzzes every time someone tips I was tipping some one tokens tips (and several higher token tips) and I saw that it warns you that the model may find it rude. Then I was pretty annoyed that someone would see that and ignore it.

If a model is ever offended by me giving her money, all she has to do is let me know. I am Southern, and politeness courses through my veins.

MelodyFaye said:
No models are saying they don't appreciate certain tips. All tips are appreciated, certainly by all models here. We are commenting on which are most and least helpful to the atmosphere of the room.
And a stream of 1 token tips is like tossing a stream of nickels onto the stage of a stripper. Kind of rude in some contexts.

Nordling said:
MelodyFaye said:
No models are saying they don't appreciate certain tips. All tips are appreciated, certainly by all models here. We are commenting on which are most and least helpful to the atmosphere of the room.
And a stream of 1 token tips is like tossing a stream of nickels onto the stage of a stripper. Kind of rude in some contexts.
MFC keeps a running count of the tips, but if they are truly offended by it they can set their minimum at 20 tokens. I personally would not, but I am not a model.

Reactions: Gen
JerryBoBerry said:
AmberCutie said:
JimsX said:
JerryBoBerry said:
JimsX said:

I can understand that. From my perspective I've usually only done it when it's been really slow anyway. So there wasn't much tipping going on for quite some time. And pretty much every single time i've done it one of two things happen. Either someone, [or more than one] join in with the wall, or some other person gets annoyed i'm tipping so little amounts that he feels it necessary to show me up by tipping a bigger amount and showing everyone he's the man. Joining in people I like and usually have fun with. The one's showing me up I laugh at on my side of the monitor, because they're trying to show me up for being cheap yet it was so easy to manipulate them into tipping. And in the long run I usually ended up tipping more in 2 tokens than they did in their one big tip.

Either way it pans out the model got more than she was making, probably would have made during that time if I hadn't done a wall, and also made more than just my tips with the others joining in. I've yet to have a model I've done this to tell me they didn't like it and would rather I not do it again.

Like I've said before. If a model lets me know they don't like it I'll respect that and find someone else who'd like the tokens. It's not a problem at all.

I agree about slow times. I recently tipped 300 in 20-token tips, after I pmed another regular to join in. It did get the room going and more guys hopped on board. And the model just said "thanks guys" which I think is way more practical than thanking everyone over and over. I guess I somewhat sound like a hypocrite and it sounds like you are known by models for your signature tips, which is cool. I think some guys, however, do it for the attention (and I have to, I will admit).

Shaun__ said:
Nordling said:
MelodyFaye said:
MFC keeps a running count of the tips, but if they are truly offended by it they can set their minimum at 20 tokens. I personally would not, but I am not a model.

You never know when a yellow wall is going to start, so unless she clears it after every tip, MFC's counter doesn't always work. Most models don't count every single tip toward countdowns. Some members don't want it to, some things are for mailed items or fundraisers, some are for Skype, etc, etc. What if she did a deal where some tips counted for double? So she can't just use MFC's count.

Setting the minimum at 20 tokens would also eliminate people who ACTUALLY only have 1 token, or even 19 tokens. I don't think any reasonable model has a problem with small tips, they just have an issue with people disrupting chat with certain tipping methods when it would be far more kind of that member to use a different method, like tipping all at once.

Of course, this is assuming it's disruptive. I think some members here have posted some awesome reasons to yellow wall. Just... use common sense, I guess?

JoleneBrody said:
I say time and place are everything.
IMO, 1 tok yellow walls should be avoided if there is a current countdown. The goal of a countdown should always be to reach that goal as quickly as possible, and a yellow wall of 1 token tips can not only disrupt the flow and chat in a room but also give the false idea that the goal is actually going anywhere and likely stop others from tipping in the process. This is especially detrimental if the countdown is already dragging longer than normal, because a wall of 1 token will take up a lot of time with very little fruit.
However, as long as the tip noise isn't too loud, 1 token yellow walls can be awesome DURING shows to drown out the bloob chatter and keep an uplifting atmosphere. The goal has been reached, there is no longer a time limit and the cock emotes disappear in a flash!
When I'm working towards a show, I want to remove chunks from that number in my topic while still enjoying the company and chat of my friends. When I'm IN a show the tip noise for ANY amount is super exciting and encouraging!

Now this is only my thought on 1 token yellow walls, because I can't think of many times it didn't actually hurt me during a countdown. I know that's not the intention at all, actually the opposite, so I hope this thread might be enlightening. Yellow walls of 5, 10, 20, especially where lots of people are involved however are always awesome.
Not many people want to join in on 1 token yellow walls because a lot of members also don't care for them.

I wrote this back on page one and I'm quoting because amazingly, since then my opinion has remained exactly the same on it (my thoughts on camming an opinions often change over time based on experience but this has been a constant) and I think it's super relevant to anyone who maybe didn't read the earlier posts.

It's like graphic dirty talk in public chat for all to see vs. a private tip note expressing ones arousal. They are obviously coming from the same place but have very different results.
While a 1 tok wall may be coming from a place of fun, if it's creating at atmosphere that others do not appreciate a heads up is nice, right?

It seems to me the only people who actually like 1 tok yellow walls are the people who like to make 1 token yellow walls... that should say something.

JoleneBrody said:
I wrote this back on page one and I'm quoting because amazingly, since then my opinion has remained exactly the same on it (my thoughts on camming an opinions often change over time based on experience but this has been a constant) and I think it's super relevant to anyone who maybe didn't read the earlier posts.

It's like graphic dirty talk in public chat for all to see vs. a private tip note expressing ones arousal. They are obviously coming from the same place but have very different results.
While a 1 tok wall may be coming from a place of fun, if it's creating at atmosphere that others do not appreciate a heads up is nice, right?

It seems to me the only people who actually like 1 tok yellow walls are the people who like to make 1 token yellow walls... that should say something.

I think it's also a matter of perspective. You're looking at it through rose colored glasses, so to speak. Many of the models who share that opinion usually have lively chat going on, tipping that's fairly consistent and can push toward those goals in a semi-reasonable time.

Go visit models who spend most nights with one or two people being the only ones chatting the whole time they are on every night. Who spend hours trying to get to their first goal on a regular basis. Have no one tipping for hours... They tend to feel differently about 1 token walls. It livens up the room, actually increases chat instead of hindering it and it means they are making more than they were.

Just perspective. When you spend a couple hours trying to get to a '600 token to bra off' goal and you haven't made a show goal all week, a couple hundred 1 token tips are quite fun. (especially when combined with the other reasons I outlined previously)

Status
Not open for further replies.