AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Constant streams of 1 token tips?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2011
:thumbleft: or down? Obv. your getting tipped, but it can be distracting. I suppose it depends on the models camscore? Or is it always good?

It depends on the model's income, I think. For a lower-camscore model it can be a nice gesture. For someone who's used to making way more I can see how it would be really, really annoying.

A constant stream of 100tk tips would probably ease the annoyance factor though B)

All tips are nice, but as it has been mentioned by some other models, a ton of tiny tips can create the illusion that the model is making a ton of money, when in fact she is not.

This becomes an issue when the room begins to expect the model to behave as if she just received a huge tip. If a model gets a three-minute long yellow wall of 1 token tips, people may be expecting her to jump out of her skin with gratitude - even though she perhaps only received 350 or 400 tokens (or far less). Or some people in the room may start saying, "wow, look at all those tips, time to get naked!" when the model received 50 tokens in total. A member who wants to spend a few minutes flooding the chat with tiny tips may also be disrupting chat with potential big tippers or making it difficult for the model to entertain or be engaging. Many members complain about models being "too happy", and when I was on MFC, I found it very stressful to decide whether to act excited at the 20th 1 token tip, or to not act (and be labeled ungrateful or a bitch).

On the other hand, I can easily see how in some situations it would be fun and appropriate to do 1 token yellow walls.

In the end, dudes can spend their money however they want, but erasing the chatroom with an endless stream of nickels can be just as irritating and disruptive as it can be fun and enjoyable.

I agree with Evvie. Obviously all tips are good, but it's almost like, "OK, I have 50 tokens...how can I get THE most attention out of them as possible?" And then after the 10th one I'm wondering if I'm supposed to say thanks at every single token, or am I just supposed to giggle the entire time, what? It is inevitable that I won't know how to respond, especially in a way that's appropriate for the actual token amount.

I think 5 token tip walls are a lot more practical, because they add up, and you can still get a good 10 block wall out of 50 of them, so it's not as if it's disrupting the chat for a long time, but you can still fill up the screen.

Of course, the current mood of the room is a big factor. If it's super slow and nobody is saying anything or tipping, there's very little you can do to annoy me that involves tipping. ;)

I say time and place are everything.
IMO, 1 tok yellow walls should be avoided if there is a current countdown. The goal of a countdown should always be to reach that goal as quickly as possible, and a yellow wall of 1 token tips can not only disrupt the flow and chat in a room but also give the false idea that the goal is actually going anywhere and likely stop others from tipping in the process. This is especially detrimental if the countdown is already dragging longer than normal, because a wall of 1 token will take up a lot of time with very little fruit.
However, as long as the tip noise isn't too loud, 1 token yellow walls can be awesome DURING shows to drown out the bloob chatter and keep an uplifting atmosphere. The goal has been reached, there is no longer a time limit and the cock emotes disappear in a flash!
When I'm working towards a show, I want to remove chunks from that number in my topic while still enjoying the company and chat of my friends. When I'm IN a show the tip noise for ANY amount is super exciting and encouraging!

Now this is only my thought on 1 token yellow walls, because I can't think of many times it didn't actually hurt me during a countdown. I know that's not the intention at all, actually the opposite, so I hope this thread might be enlightening. Yellow walls of 5, 10, 20, especially where lots of people are involved however are always awesome.
Not many people want to join in on 1 token yellow walls because a lot of members also don't care for them.

These girls have already summed up my feelings on the issue quite nicely:

Evvie said:
A member who wants to spend a few minutes flooding the chat with tiny tips may also be disrupting chat with potential big tippers or making it difficult for the model to entertain or be engaging. Many members complain about models being "too happy", and when I was on MFC, I found it very stressful to decide whether to act excited at the 20th 1 token tip, or to not act (and be labeled ungrateful or a bitch).

In the end, dudes can spend their money however they want, but erasing the chatroom with an endless stream of nickels can be just as irritating and disruptive as it can be fun and enjoyable.
It can definitely make holding my usual conversations difficult. Some people won't say anything because they don't want to "interrupt the wall", and that leaves me just sorta standing there/sitting there/doing whatever without any interaction other than the jingle of tokens as a soundtrack.

I find it stressful in the sense that I purposefully don't thank every tip in a tip wall (even tip walls of tips larger than 1 token, because it's tedious) and then in my paranoid mind chatter, get the constant "I hope they don't think I'm not thankful... omg maybe I should be acting differently... but no they know they're being repetitive and don't expect...."

My inner dialogue kills me sometimes. I so badly want to make nice people happy that I stress over it.

VeronicaChaos said:
Obviously all tips are good, but it's almost like, "OK, I have 50 tokens...how can I get THE most attention out of them as possible?"
Then of course there's that part of my inner dialogue that is saying "This guy has 20 tokens but is giving them 1 at a time to be dramatic... a little attention whorey, aye?" And the worst part is that it's usually really sweet people doing this, but I can't help but think they're trying to get attention.

JoleneBrody said:
I say time and place are everything.
IMO, 1 tok yellow walls should be avoided if there is a current countdown. The goal of a countdown should always be to reach that goal as quickly as possible, and a yellow wall of 1 token tips can not only disrupt the flow and chat in a room but also give the false idea that the goal is actually going anywhere and likely stop others from tipping in the process. This is especially detrimental if the countdown is already dragging longer than normal, because a wall of 1 token will take up a lot of time with very little fruit.
And there's been a few times that in the midst of a tiny tip token wall that I miss a big one because the noise and the yellow get so overwhelming. It feels terrible to miss someone's extremely generous 1000 tip in the middle of so-and-so's wall of 15 1-token tips. Because while I appreciate the 15 tokens, clearly the person who just dropped a chunk like that deserves recognition, and if that opportunity is missed, I feel terrible.

I really appreciate the fact that my regular tippers seem to really "get me" and do their token walls in a brief and generous way. Since I have a special way to keep track of my countdowns (my Cootie board, in which you kill Cooties with certain sized tips and your scores are tracked on a score board) I know I am openly inviting handfuls of smaller tips (usually 10 or over) but my regulars never make it feel stressful of daunting.

I once saw a model get 500 tokens given to her in one tip increments and it was just awkward for every one involved.

The model thanked every tip and after about 200 you could tell her enthusiasm was waning but she didn't want to appear rude or ungrateful so she carried on thanking each tip as if it was the first, even though it was obvious she was getting annoyed by the whole thing (and I can't say I blame her).

The guy tipping - while giving the model a really generous tip - annoyed the room by disrupting the chat (and probably dissuaded people from tipping in the process); put the model in an awkward situation; and made himself look like a bit of a tit, taking five minutes or so to do something that could have been achieved in five seconds.

And it put the rest of the room in a position where they just had to sit their twiddling their thumbs while this guy got it out of his system or look like a complete dick by saying something to the guy. Or I guess they could have hit next model (and many did), but either way, them be some less than excellent choices :twocents-02cents:

I personally would never tip only 1 token (MFC user now and past XHam user) unless I was trying to get to a certain countdown number like 69 or something like that and even then I would have to know the model pretty well to do that. Otherwise I prefer to tip in a larger amount and I don't think I have ever tipped anything less the 10 or 20 tokens at a time. I also have entered a room just to say hi but didn't because the model was engaged with an actively tipping member. Just no reason to interrupt and it's easy enough to pop back in some other time to say hi.

But everyone is different so I certainly would never tell someone else how to tip. And as long as the model is OK with it then it is not my business. I know all tips are great and that they add up but in my mind (which is a scary place) it is like going to the market and buying one apple 20 times in succession rather then just buying the entire bag in one transaction. Hopefully that makes sense.
:thumbleft:

There's now a way to tip 1tkns really fast in one bunch. They all show up in a few seconds instead of 1 by 1. I don't mind this way so much as long as they tell me how much they tipped in the end so I can apply it to the countdown. I try to remember intentions. If they seem good, my reaction is always grateful.

I had a 1-token problem in my room for a while.

I had some guys who would tip 400+ tokens in one token walls. Sometimes they'd drop a huge bomb after the 1 token wall, which was how this all started. I'd get excited for the 1's because I knew 1800 was gonna drop in a few minutes. But then other members of my room noticed I was excited for the 1 token walls and began tippping like.. 10 tokens at a time in 1 token walls and getting kinda upset that I wasn't SUPER excited. I'd say thank you, then move on. Pretend it was a single 10 token tip and not a whole wall. I am pretty sure I had one guy who only tipped 6 tokens in 1 token walls because he wanted to hear me say thank you all the time and that got annoying.

Once a guy tipped me 1500 tokens in a one token wall and it was seriously awkward. I had to say thank you all the time and it's like.. Can I move on? Can the conversation differ or do I have to keep my whole attention on this for the next hour? Yeah, it took over an hour.

I'm not going to deny 1 token tips because one of my biggest tips ever came after a long wall of them, but they can definitely get annoying.

This makes me feel like I sound ungrateful, I am extremely thankful for every tip I get, I just had an epidemic for a while in my room where 1 was the majority of my tips.

OH NOES!!! I feel terrible! I like to tip-raid other models' rooms with my regulars sometimes, and I actually encourage them to do one-token walls so that EVERYONE can participate. Granted, a raid usually only lasts 5 minutes or less, and the models always laugh and blush and seem to really enjoy it... but now I'm wondering if I'm just making them feel obligated to put up with it?!?! Oh, the inner turmoil!!! :character-bowser: :character-mario:

emptiedglass said:
ComicOzzie said:
I am so proud that nobody is this thread has claimed that one-token tips hurt your camscore. :clap:

I guess they don't directly affect it, but perhaps if a stream of them has deterred someone from making a bigger one... ;)

:sarcasm:

But every time you tip 1 token an angel dies, I read it in a book somewhere

:/sarcasm:

I agree with all the ladies. In the right context it's fun but mostly it's annoying.
"Let me give you a measly 50 tokens but make sure it takes forever and dominates the whole room so all the attention is on me."
No, sir. Fuck off. Better things to do than glorify your shit tips for several minutes.

I_Am_Iris said:
OH NOES!!! I feel terrible! I like to tip-raid other models' rooms with my regulars sometimes, and I actually encourage them to do one-token walls so that EVERYONE can participate. Granted, a raid usually only lasts 5 minutes or less, and the models always laugh and blush and seem to really enjoy it... but now I'm wondering if I'm just making them feel obligated to put up with it?!?! Oh, the inner turmoil!!! :character-bowser: :character-mario:

THAT'S DIFFERENT!

I have been tip raided by models and their guys and usually it's so sudden and exciting, it's all new people tipping and you find out what is happening and feel really really flattered. Usually a lot of guys are helping and some 5s and 10s are thrown in too. All good!

I suppose in general, tip walls of small tips are okay if a lot of guys are helping but if one dude is stretching out his tokens 1 by 1 it's ridiculous.

GingerAnn said:
I agree with all the ladies. In the right context it's fun but mostly it's annoying.
"Let me give you a measly 50 tokens but make sure it takes forever and dominates the whole room so all the attention is on me."
No, sir. Fuck off. Better things to do than glorify your shit tips for several minutes.
See, I think 50 tokens is a nice tip. It lowers the value of it on a generosity level if a person doles it out in 1's, though.

So what to do about regulars who consistently do this? I feel like actually saying something might upset them/make me seem ungrateful but it sure gets awkward sitting there laughing and trying to carry out a conversation and wait until its over to thank them so they might hopefully get the hint and just tip in a less attention whoreish style next time. Not that all tokens aren't equal and I don't appreciate them all, it's also a pain in the bum for the counter guy if you have someone helping you.

AmberCutie said:
GingerAnn said:
See, I think 50 tokens is a nice tip. It lowers the value of it on a generosity level if a person doles it out in 1's, though.
In regards to this post and ones above, I think there is a huge difference between certain exciting and funtimes 1 token tip walls (like room raids), and a member attempting to drag out his tokens for as long as possible to capitalize on attention.

50 tokens is a nice tip, but it may easily turn in to a shit tip if the member tries to make it in to an overblown ordeal. A 50 token tip is nice, but it's not 5000 tokens. There is no need to make it in to something it isn't. If the model you want to tip won't care about or appreciate a single 50 token tip, then find a woman who will. A model who won't care about a single 50 token tip is probably not more likely to appreciate fifty 1 token tips.

And I think the average model can tell the difference between room raids/member surprises and a single member trying to stretch out tokens/earn extra attention.

HollieCakes said:
So what to do about regulars who consistently do this? I feel like actually saying something might upset them/make me seem ungrateful but it sure gets awkward sitting there laughing and trying to carry out a conversation and wait until its over to thank them so they might hopefully get the hint and just tip in a less attention whoreish style next time. Not that all tokens aren't equal and I don't appreciate them all, it's also a pain in the bum for the counter guy if you have someone helping you.
Send them a link to this thread. :mrgreen:

I don't think there is anything wrong with a model setting her minimum tip to the mid-single figures to eliminate the scourge of 1 token tips. It's a tricky subject, but I don't see a lot of members complaining about having to tip 5 tokens at a time.

Brad said:
I personally would never tip only 1 token (MFC user now and past XHam user) unless I was trying to get to a certain countdown number like 69 or something like that and even then I would have to know the model pretty well to do that.

This is a little bit off topic, but I don't mind one-token tips in general. I don't even mind one-token walls as long as they are like...ten tips or fewer. That way they can still happen in rapid succession, I don't have to fake too much enthusiasm over a small but thoughtful contribution, and the wall usually encourages as least one or two other people to jump in (and many times they tip in higher increments.) Any one-token wall over ten or so gets excessive though.

The only time I get really salty about one token tips is when someone makes a request like "Show me ur pussy bb?" and I say they should tip for requests, and they tip one token. :angry4: That's just rude!

GingerAnn said:

I have no idea what you earn and for you, a 50 token tip might feel "measly" or "shit" - you might be used to much bigger tips, I don't know - but a 50 token tip is still $5 (to the member). That's more than some people in the world earn in an hour, and it's still $5 that someone could have chosen to spend elsewhere, ya know? Maybe I'm being naive but annoying one-token-at-a-time distribution aside, I'd still think of a 50 token tip as generous, and not "measly" or "shit". :twocents-02cents:

LilyEvans said:
The only time I get really salty about one token tips is when someone makes a request like "Show me ur pussy bb?" and I say they should tip for requests, and they tip one token. :angry4: That's just rude!

Yeah, that's exactly why models need to be specific in their room topics about how much they require per flash/request. If a model simply says "Tip for your request," she's probably gonna get a lot of 5-token tips with requests to "finger ass, bb"..."dance for me, bb"..."howl at the moon for me, bb." Same thing with Streamate...if you don't specify in your topic that you want 5 Gold per flash, you're gonna have people tipping you 1 Gold (the minimum) to see boobs.

GingerAnn said:
I_Am_Iris said:

THAT'S DIFFERENT!

I have been tip raided by models and their guys and usually it's so sudden and exciting, it's all new people tipping and you find out what is happening and feel really really flattered. Usually a lot of guys are helping and some 5s and 10s are thrown in too. All good!

I suppose in general, tip walls of small tips are okay if a lot of guys are helping but if one dude is stretching out his tokens 1 by 1 it's ridiculous.
I could not agree more one person doing a super long one token wall is a waste of everyone's time.

mynameisbob84 said:
GingerAnn said:

I have no idea what you earn and for you, a 50 token tip might feel "measly" or "shit" - you might be used to much bigger tips, I don't know - but a 50 token tip is still $5 (to the member). That's more than some people in the world earn in an hour, and it's still $5 that someone could have chosen to spend elsewhere, ya know? Maybe I'm being naive but annoying one-token-at-a-time distribution aside, I'd still think of a 50 token tip as generous, and not "measly" or "shit". :twocents-02cents:

In her defense, it sounds to me like the "shit tips" part refers to the one-token-at-a-time tips, not the 50 tokens total. And 50 tokens might not be a measly tip but when it's stretched out like that it's almost definitely used to gain more attention than it's "worth"-- it takes several minutes of thanking and pausing conversation/flow of the room to give attention to the tipper. It's kind of like if you're at a strip club and someone gives you five dollars-- hey cool, five dollars! Thanks! But if that guy wants to be like, "Hey baby I got something for you!" And he starts stacking dimes on stage, one by one, counting them out as he goes. And you can't walk away or look bored, because that's rude and he IS tipping you, which is nice. But everyone else starts watching him stack dimes instead of watching you and it really throws off the hustle and flow of your whole thing. Measly is relative.

Yeah, that's exactly why models need to be specific in their room topics about how much they require per flash/request. If a model simply says "Tip for your request," she's probably gonna get a lot of 5-token tips with requests to "finger ass, bb"..."dance for me, bb"..."howl at the moon for me, bb." Same thing with Streamate...if you don't specify in your topic that you want 5 Gold per flash, you're gonna have people tipping you 1 Gold (the minimum) to see boobs.

I always do have it specified in my topic (as much as will fit), that's part of why it hacks me off so much. But even if I didn't, I'm like 'did that guy really just tell me he thinks seeing my pussy is only worth ten cents? GTFO dude!'

I have a couple of guys who will flood my room with smaller tips, it doesn't bother me because it's not as disruptive as it used to be.

I'm not sure how they do it, but they seem to show up in clusters instead of individually with a few seconds in between. Instead of the tip noise sounding for every single one it will only go off once and a wall of 5-10 of them will appear, then it will go off again for the next wall of 5 to 10 tips, etc. I guess they do it so fast that MFC just displays them all at once? I really have no idea but small token walls are definitely more fun this way.

LilyEvans said:
mynameisbob84 said:
GingerAnn said:

In her defense, it sounds to me like the "shit tips" part refers to the one-token-at-a-time tips, not the 50 tokens total. And 50 tokens might not be a measly tip but when it's stretched out like that it's almost definitely used to gain more attention than it's "worth"-- it takes several minutes of thanking and pausing conversation/flow of the room to give attention to the tipper. It's kind of like if you're at a strip club and someone gives you five dollars-- hey cool, five dollars! Thanks! But if that guy wants to be like, "Hey baby I got something for you!" And he starts stacking dimes on stage, one by one, counting them out as he goes. And you can't walk away or look bored, because that's rude and he IS tipping you, which is nice. But everyone else starts watching him stack dimes instead of watching you and it really throws off the hustle and flow of your whole thing. Measly is relative.

Exactly!

Oh geez, you guys, I didn't mean that 50 tokens is a shit tip, but 50 one-token tips is a bunch of shit tips.
I am happy and grateful for any stand alone tip, EVEN 1 token. I just don't want to have to thank you over and over for several minutes when it's only totaling 50 tokens in the end. I REALLY feel like guys who do this are just trying to get more of the models positive attention than they could otherwise afford. They want to seem like they're tipping like crazy.

I should've worded my first post better.

Status
Not open for further replies.