AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Constant streams of 1 token tips?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NoelleBright said:
JerryBoBerry said:
To clarify so you'll understand the situation of the day. It wasn't a 'yellow wall' exactly. It was a tip, then wait anywhere from 20 to 30 seconds or so before the next depending on how fast chat was moving, sometimes it was more often and sometimes less. It's purpose wasn't to create a solid wall of tips but to ensure that the lady had a tip on her screen at all times throughout the day for her birthday. It was also semi planned with most of her regulars as a way of birthday gift and pretty much everyone was joining in sporadically from time to time to make it even more tips. I was just the only one who planned out the timing so that the tips would keep going, even when there were lulls in tipping from the rest of the room. If I remember right it was her best day on cam she's ever had in terms of tokens. And it in no way impaired her vibe because the vibe that day was one massive party. So it was overall laughing and everyone having a good time, and joking about the tipping became part of the vibe itself.

I don't mean to nitpick, but the math doesn't even add up for that.
You said you tipped her four 3775 token packages that night, thats 15,100 tokens. That would average out to approximately 1888 tokens per hour since she worked 8 hours. Since you tipped in 2s that's about 944 individual tips per hour consisting of 2 tokens each. There are 3600 seconds in an hour, which means on average she had to have been getting a tip every 3-4 seconds for those numbers to work out.
Haha, yes your math is correct. On average, if I had actually tipped at an average rate, that works out to be one 2 token tip every 3.81457 seconds. However I didn't say I tipped at an average rate. If you'll look again I mentioned the rate went up and down depending on how fast the chat was flowing; with the overriding theme being toward keeping yellow on her chat at all times. As you can well imagine over the course of that much time on a models birthday there were also several yellow walls, which i participated in at a faster rate. Sometimes i let loose a bunch in rapid successions. On the flip side I also had to go to the bathroom several times so there were a few times when I didn't actually manage to tip for several minutes. And combine all that with the fact that at the end of the night as she was logging off I just tipped her what I had left so she would get the full amount I had bought that day.

All of this happened over a year and a half ago so the exact timing of each of the 15100 tokens eludes my mind. Had I foreseen the nitpicking I would have screencapped my tip history and presented it in a nice spreadsheet format.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Shaun__ said:
Sevrin said:
Note that Mila referred to her *dignity* being violated, not to her *person* being violated. There is a difference. The first is an insult, the second is rape. She felt insulted by 2 token tips, not raped.

Why are you bringing up that? I never specified anything of the sort, sad that your mind went there of all places. I have never understood how being given money is insulting, especially in a website where you can see almost anything for free.

I don't think you possibly could understand unless you were in our shoes. I can't put my finger on it, but there is something insulting about being given extremely tiny tips, especially when the person tipping is capable of more appropriate ones. I understand completely the feeling of having your dignity being violated, and if you don't it may be because you've never had your sexuality on display in front of hundreds of people hoping someone will find worth in it. I don't know that it's necessarily "logical" or "rational" but honestly sometimes things make me feel a certain way regardless of how Spock-like I try to be. I'm sure you have those sorts of reactions to specific things in your life; everyone does, we're only human. But, to try to rationalize it: when someone is freeloading, you can justify it almost by saying that it's THEIR problem of not understanding they should tip. When someone tips you just a token or two, you are aware that they are aware that they should tip but can only be bothered by a couple nickles. It makes some girls feel cheap. And there is nothing more humiliating than feeling like a cheap whore.

:twocents-02cents:

(not really arguing either way, just trying to explain why some girls feel insulted by it)

PlayboyMegan said:
Jerry, are you just playing devils advocate here? Because you tip me 5's and 10's usually, if I remember correctly. Maybe I'm just really special. :) :p
I do tip other amounts too. I just said most of my tips in the past have been those. Because just looking at the numbers they have. I still tip bigger too, especially for the games and videos. Maybe occasional panties. Paintings. Posters. Privates. Raffles. Hell, just about everything. But this thread was just geared toward the smaller tips and in particular to what I was talking about, the tip minimum feature.

VeronicaChaos said:
when someone is freeloading, you can justify it almost by saying that it's THEIR problem of not understanding they should tip. When someone tips you just a token or two, you are aware that they are aware that they should tip but can only be bothered by a couple nickles. It makes some girls feel cheap. And there is nothing more humiliating than feeling like a cheap whore.

When I was in high school my friends and I used to go to this restaurant often. They had a few waiters, most of them were nice, but there was this one waiter who was rude to us and nice to everyone else. We knew it was because we weren't adults so I guess he felt like he didn't have to bother with good service. So what we would do is when we got the check we would tip him a nickel. Not tipping anything means you are cheap or forgetful. Tipping a nickel tells them "its not me, its you". It means you didn't forget, you tip this because you find his work lacking. It is the same difference between blinking and winking, one is intentional and the other one is not. Freeloaders are a pain in the ass, especially for premiums, but I don't feel insulted by them. I feel insulted by the member who saw me naked and thought I was worth a dime. And thank god you can't tip fractions as I bet some members would tip 0.1 token walls.

Couple of things here.

First, I never knew it was a thing to thank every tip in a yellow wall. But I don't consider a true yellow wall to be one guy tipping while everyone else does nothing. Maybe that's just because of the rooms I frequent, I don't know. From what I've seen, it's more of a community participation event. Not one guy hogging the attention. But then again, it may just be the rooms I tend to be in.

Second thing, on minumum tips. Really, smallest tip I would ever give a model initially is 10. Usually 20. So to me a 5 token minimum tip does not seem obnoxious. That being said, I have tried to tip models who have had minimum tips set at 25 or even 50. Sorry, but I'm not dropping 50 on a model I just met. I have PMed said models (remarkably PMs were open, guess that had to do with the 450 scamscore, but I digress), saying I would like to tip but not that much. Mostly the response has been something along the lines of "go to hell". Click next.

I can sympathize, but not empathize, with the models who have said that the small tips are insulting, or at the least, demoralizing. I can see the point. But as a member, I'm there to have fun. Sometimes my fun involves small tips. Not to insult, degrade or demoralize, but leading to something else. And only in rooms in which I have been several times. Like progressive tipping. Starting at 1 token and increasing by one each time up to a certain point. Sometimes other members join in, sometimes not.

Yeah, well, that's my opinion, take it as you will.

A bit off original topic but since everyone seems to be talking about it, I'll give my personal two cents on small tips, when not associated with a yellow wall.
Now my opinions are completely based on personal experience and MY emotional response, everyone is different.
The members who tip me smaller amounts most often (below 5) have ALSO tipped me very generously when they've been able and are valued members of my room. It really doesn't bother me if they tip smaller amounts throughout the night because I assume this means they don't have many tokens but would like to at least inspire the positive atmosphere that the yellow jingle creates.

I'll add again I only dislike 1 token walls while working towards a show because of the disruption and time factor. I'm a stickler for time. The longer a countdown takes, the less I feel like doing a show. Every single time I've logged off without completing a show, I could have technically stayed but I would have had to fake it and I would hope nobody wants that.

JoleneBrody said:
A bit off original topic but since everyone seems to be talking about it, I'll give my personal two cents on small tips, when not associated with a yellow wall.
Now my opinions are completely based on personal experience and MY emotional response, everyone is different.
The members who tips me smaller amounts most often (below 5) have ALSO tipped me very generously when they've been able and are valued members of my room. It really doesn't bother me if they tip smaller amounts throughout the night because I assume this means they don't have many tokens but would like to at least inspire the positive atmosphere that the yellow jingle creates.

I'll add again I only dislike 1 token walls while working towards a show because of the disruption and time factor. I'm a stickler for time. The longer a countdown takes, the less I feel like doing a show. Every single time I've logged off without completing a show, I could have technically stayed but I would have had to fake it and I would hope nobody wants that.

I agree that it's completely different when a valued member of the room who has tipped/is tipping/will tip larger amounts does small 1-2 token tips as opposed to someone who has never before supported me.

And also yes, Mila, you hit the nail on the head. Guys used to come into the stripclub and put quarters on the stage as a way to be a douche.

Re: the "I'm worth more than a tip of x amount" thing; I don't think when members tip, they're making an explicit comment on your "worth". If a model is tipped 50 tokens, it's not because their company or their naked body or whatever is worth exactly $5 to the member. It's because, at that moment in time, that's the amount the member decided to tip. There are hundreds of things that can factor into that decision, ya know? On another day, that same member might only have 10 tokens left and he might decide to give them to that same model. It doesn't mean the entertainment provided by that model is suddenly "worth" 80% less than it was yesterday.

No good can come from assuming that a small tip is intended as an insult. Individual tips are not review cards. A small tip doesn't mean you're not valued. And if we do assume that, then where is the line drawn? Why is being told that you're worth 20 cents to someome offensive, while being told you're worth 25 cents to someone else is perfectly okay?

mynameisbob84 said:
Re: the "I'm worth more than a tip of x amount" thing; I don't think when members tip, they're making an explicit comment on your "worth". If a model is tipped 50 tokens, it's not because their company or their naked body or whatever is worth exactly $5 to the member. It's because, at that moment in time, that's the amount the member decided to tip. There are hundreds of things that can factor into that decision, ya know? On another day, that same member might only have 10 tokens left and he might decide to give them to that same model. It doesn't mean the entertainment provided by that model is suddenly "worth" 80% less than it was yesterday. No good can come from assuming that a small tip is intended as an insult. Individual tips are not review cards. A small tip doesn't mean you're not valued. And if we do assume that, then where is the line drawn? Why is being told that you're worth 20 cents to someome offensive, while being told you're worth 25 cents to someone else is perfectly okay?

Like Miss Chaos said above, emotions don't have to make sense. Maybe if you exposed yourself naked in front of hundreds of people every day and some of them throw quarters at you, you wouldn't find it depressing or insulting. I do.

I also think most people tip according to the way they found the service. That is what tips are for. Its a way to show appreciation for a job well done. If I go to a restaurant and the waiter is awesome I will tip him more than 20%. If he is a jerk I will tip him the minimum. Sometimes, when I was a teenager, I would tip them quarters if they were rude, but I don't do this anymore because I consider it infantile. What this means is services have a value and this is what you remark on the person who provides it with your tips.

Each person decides how they tip. But there is also a line to be drawn by each model. Someone might not draw it. I draw it at 5 tokens. Others draw it at 20. The state of FL draws it at 18% of the bill for restaurants.

MilaE said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Re: the "I'm worth more than a tip of x amount" thing; I don't think when members tip, they're making an explicit comment on your "worth". If a model is tipped 50 tokens, it's not because their company or their naked body or whatever is worth exactly $5 to the member. It's because, at that moment in time, that's the amount the member decided to tip. There are hundreds of things that can factor into that decision, ya know? On another day, that same member might only have 10 tokens left and he might decide to give them to that same model. It doesn't mean the entertainment provided by that model is suddenly "worth" 80% less than it was yesterday. No good can come from assuming that a small tip is intended as an insult. Individual tips are not review cards. A small tip doesn't mean you're not valued. And if we do assume that, then where is the line drawn? Why is being told that you're worth 20 cents to someome offensive, while being told you're worth 25 cents to someone else is perfectly okay?

Like Miss Chaos said above, emotions don't have to make sense. Maybe if you exposed yourself naked in front of hundreds of people every day and some of them throw quarters at you, you wouldn't find it depressing or insulting. I do.

I also think most people tip according to the way they found the service. That is what tips are for. Its a way to show appreciation for a job well done. If I go to a restaurant and the waiter is awesome I will tip him more than 20%. If he is a jerk I will tip him the minimum. Sometimes, when I was a teenager, I would tip them quarters if they were rude, but I don't do this anymore because I consider it infantile. What this means is services have a value and this is what you remark on the person who provides it with your tips.

Each person decides how they tip. But there is also a line to be drawn by each model. Someone might not draw it. I draw it at 5 tokens. Others draw it at 20. The state of FL draws it at 18% of the bill for restaurants.

I agree that emotions aren't governed by logic. And it's absolutely your right to set a minimum token amount if that's what you want to do.

I think we're gonna have to agree to disagree on small tips being fundamentally rude though :) . I don't agree that small tips are a reflection of the model's worth to the member. There are obviously exceptions, and just as you have passive aggressively tipped in the past, I'm sure there are occassions where members do the same. But by and large, I still think small tips are just that. Tips from members who want to contribute, who want to give the model something for their time and effort, but simply can't afford to give them as much as some models would like at that moment in time. So instead of giving them nothing, they give them something - a small tip :twocents-02cents:

Anyone who buys tokens EVER AT ALL, especially those who buy tokens past the 200 that it takes to become premium in the first place are already in the minority on MFC.
If someone comes through and wants to tip me 4 tokens, I'm gonna say thank you. That's 4 tokens more than most of the people who come through my room have ever given me or ever will give me.

When I probably have some weirdo named Clarence hanging out in his basement and creepin in my room every night as Guest475684 without ever having the desire to give me anything, I'm gonna have a hard time being mad at BigDik4U74547 for giving me 4 tokens.
:confusion-shrug:

That's just how I feel about it, though I can see where models who feel otherwise are coming from.

All tips - big or small - will get a "Thank you, Elijah!" from me, and will get subtracted from the countdown. If it's a yellow wall, I spread out my thank you's to avoid repetitive silliness. A 5 token tip with the tip note "Let's see that ass" gets a thank you and gets subtracted from the countdown, but it will not get an ass flash...sorry. My room topic clearly states how many tokens are required for a flash.

I love the name Elijah. :)

A while back a banned member left me like 5 or 6 pages worth of 1-token offline tips on MFC. It was really weird. And you have to go to each one and click 'read'...otherwise that "You have new MFC Mail" alert will remain on the screen until you finally do read each message.

Interesting thread, and I've gleaned some useful information from it. I'm a relative newcomer to MFC and here, so it's probably not surprising that I have yet to see a 1-token tip. If I had before reading this, I'd have been surprised as hell. That's a nickel! I agree that's 5 cents more than the non-tippers are giving, but it's still a nickel! I think I learned a lesson about this when I tried to offline tip a favorite model 1 token as a joke and got a prompt something like this: "Are you sure you want to do this? Some models might find a 1-token tip demeaning."

We're all different and have varying amount of money we are able to give or are comfortable giving. Some guys might like to spread what they're able to give around and give 5- and 10-token tips to a number of favored models. Great. Some might like to give 100-token tips to a select few. And we all know that some whales are able to drop huge sums on favorites. It's all good from my perspective, but that perspective isn't that of a model's and I'll never be able to truly appreciate that perspective. If a model doesn't want tips of less than 20 tokens, then I'll respect that. I might give 20; I might give 100. But only if I like her and was motivated to tip her in the first place.

But the biggest lesson I've learned here is that yellow walls mean different things to different people -- models and members alike. I've done some in an effort to please a model, but it seems that perhaps I was really doing it to draw attention to me. I regret that. They can be disruptive to the flow of a room. And, as one poster commented, they're really only most effective if it's a community effort and not generated by one tipper.

But I will add this. I've never tipped a model who did not acknowledge it. And I've never tipped a model who didn't seem pleased that I did so, regardless of the amount. Seems to me if it's offered with respect, it will be treated that way.

It's a learning process, as most things are.

PlayboyMegan said:
There's now a way to tip 1tkns really fast in one bunch. They all show up in a few seconds instead of 1 by 1. I don't mind this way so much as long as they tell me how much they tipped in the end so I can apply it to the countdown. I try to remember intentions. If they seem good, my reaction is always grateful.
I like doing the tip chat commands in a bunch and I will always tell you what I tipped. It's also handy when someone does an undesirable emote and I covered up the screen really fast with 1 tokens. Either way, I truly appreciate you giving me the freedom in showing my appreciation to you. I've never get a complain from the models but sometimes from a member who thinks my way of tipping is wrong.

One thing I'd like to mention is that I think it's completely reasonable for different people to have different feelings/ideas about tipping on camsites. Tip culture is very misunderstood even in established industries like the restaurant biz or in stripclubs. What one person may think is a good tip, another might feel is a bad one. Since I've worked as both a server and a stripper, I tend to tip extremely well. If I don't have the money to tip extremely well, I don't use that service. If I ever were to leave a smaller tip, it would most definitely be as an insult. That attitude has in the past affected how I view tips on MFC.

But they're not the same. Camsite tipping culture is something completely new, something that we're creating RIGHT NOW. There is no right or wrong. No established etiquette...but we're working on that. I really love this thread because I really don't see how anyone could take it personally that we all have different concepts of something currently being built. It's really fascinating reading that you guys tip based on what you can afford, not how much you like the service, considering that in MOST tipping industries, tips are supposed to be indicative of the service received. That's what it stands for: To Insure Proper Service. That makes sense though; sometimes I'll be in my sweats and no makeup and not doing anything interesting and everyone is tipping, and sometimes I'm juggling chickens and nada. I guess as a model you hope to have more control over your income in that if you're not making goals you can step it up a notch and get more tips for providing a better service but it doesn't always work that way.

But yeah, I just wanted to point out that if anything I think it's wonderful we can talk about these things because we are talking about a completely new tipping culture that is currently and constantly evolving and defining itself, and WE'RE the ones that are building it, which is pretty cool!

Most of what I wanted to say has already been said.

If you are not intersted in low tips, no problem--just send those people to me ;)

So after reading this I kinda got curious. Taking a look at this months tips (for me) as an example...It seems I make MOST of my MFC income with tips under 50tokens.
I'm ok with this.

curvyredhead said:
Taking a look at this months tips (for me) as an example...It seems I make MOST of my MFC income with tips under 50tokens.

I think that is the case with most models, especially since most models have a camscore south of 1k. If there are few members in a model's room, it doesn't make sense for members, even regulars, to blow their wad with one or two big tips, and then not tip for two hours. A model is better served with 10 or 20 token tips, if only to receive an indication of interest every now and then.

Sevrin said:
curvyredhead said:
Taking a look at this months tips (for me) as an example...It seems I make MOST of my MFC income with tips under 50tokens.

I think that is the case with most models, especially since most models have a camscore south of 1k. If there are few members in a model's room, it doesn't make sense for members, even regulars, to blow their wad with one or two big tips, and then not tip for two hours. A model is better served with 10 or 20 token tips, if only to receive an indication of interest every now and then.

Word! I think for most models, even those with 1k+ camscores, its better to have a busy room with a constant stream of 10s or 20s from several different members than a quiet room with a nuke by a single guy. Keeps models motivated and the room engaged.

yummybrownfox said:
A while back a banned member left me like 5 or 6 pages worth of 1-token offline tips on MFC. It was really weird. And you have to go to each one and click 'read'...otherwise that "You have new MFC Mail" alert will remain on the screen until you finally do read each message.

I did something similar just to pick on a model friend. I think I had about 50 or 100 tokens I planned on offline tipping her with. Started off with 1's but it was taking forever, so after about 20 of them I upped the amount to 10, and then another with the rest of my tokens.
Thought sure she was going to hate me for it but she replied with a "Thank you." :lol:

emptiedglass said:
yummybrownfox said:

I did something similar just to pick on a model friend. I think I had about 50 or 100 tokens I planned on offline tipping her with. Started off with 1's but it was taking forever, so after about 20 of them I upped the amount to 10, and then another with the rest of my tokens.
Thought sure she was going to hate me for it but she replied with a "Thank you." :lol:
At least there are check boxes and a "mark selected as read" button now.

VeronicaChaos said:
It's really fascinating reading that you guys tip based on what you can afford, not how much you like the service.

I suspect this was an implied factor in the discussion, because we wouldn't be tipping at all if we didn't like the model or the "service" being rendered and the "how much" is going to be a product of liking the service and ability to show appreciation. Once it's been established that a model merits a tip, then the level of the tip is determined by subjective consideration of value received and ability to pay from finite resources. Seems a little clinical to break it down like that, but I guess that's a component of capitalism at work. For example, I'd like to tip 1,000 tokens because I valued the entertainment a great deal, but I can afford to tip only 100.

I certainly agree that this tipping culture is a work in progress. So much of established tipping is based on a percentage of a set fee. Or an industry has evolved enough to have standard minimums, i.e., so much per bag, etc. And there definitely is an emotional factor at play here as well, because so many of us get personally involved with a model's career. And if you're loving what she's doing at a certain moment, you're damn sure not going to slow down and jump through all those economic hoops discussed above!! But a guy still has only so many tokens, so many paydays and a credit limit.

I wholeheartedly agree that having this forum to discuss things like this from both sides of the situation is a terrific deal for all involved. If more members were to read what models have to say here, perhaps they'd be inclined to open the purse strings a little more -- or for the first damn time! -- and stop siphoning your charms and talent for free and stop living off the willingness some of us have to pay for them.

ComicOzzie said:
I am so proud that nobody is this thread has claimed that one-token tips hurt your camscore. :clap:
I've been accused of that. But I've also been accused of whale tipping. Only by members, never by a model. I skipped the Tokens 101 course and used freestyle. :)

All in all, I have tipped a lot more money in the token environment, then I have ever tipped in a credit environment, one credit=one dollar. :twocents-02cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.