AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Could this really have worked or do i have to blame myself for distrust or being to anxious?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The texture of flan is kinda like a mix of pudding/custard and jello. At least the flan I’ve had. I’ve never really been a fan of it, though. The quiches I’ve had is more… dense? Like a scrambled egg pie.
Okn then I'm wrong it's not called flan. It's some kind of savory quiche wannabe with puff pastry, and a wetter cheese and egg filling. I'm not sure what it's called, but the puff pastry goes over the top too. It's a bit of a weird texture to me, I wasn't fond of it, but I tried it several times when I lived in Scotland.

Here's the recipe for the pie I mentioned. The pic isn't very appetizing but I promise it's awesome.

I NEED to try this when I get home that looks so good

Reactions: Vixxen81
Okn then I'm wrong it's not called flan. It's some kind of savory quiche wannabe with puff pastry, and a wetter cheese and egg filling. I'm not sure what it's called, but the puff pastry goes over the top too. It's a bit of a weird texture to me, I wasn't fond of it, but I tried it several times when I lived in Scotland.
Is it like a Greggs bake? Love a steak bake

Is it like a Greggs bake? Love a steak bake

Nope not that,. that looks good.

This thing was flamboyant and somewhat mushroom shaped, yet in a quiche dish.
But it wasn't a souffle, because it had a full raging puff pastry crust. And boy was it full, I'm talking over the top puff pastry here. Not nice and neat and managable like what you posted.

I NEED to try this when I get home that looks so good
Just a hint, unless you really love pretzels, grab an individual sized bag of pretzels. A family size bag will leave you with a ton of pretzels leftover.

My husband loves to add garlic powder to a couple of spoonfuls of cream cheese, mix thoroughly and use as a dip for pretzels. That's also an option.

• Hugs
Reactions: LilyBlueBBW
Just a hint, unless you really love pretzels, grab an individual sized bag of pretzels. A family size bag will leave you with a ton of pretzels leftover.

My husband loves to add garlic powder to a couple of spoonfuls of cream cheese, mix thoroughly and use as a dip for pretzels. That's also an option.
Having too many pretzels leftover is not a problem for me and that dip sounds amazing. Am I just hungry right now lol
Nope not that,. that looks good.

This thing was flamboyant and somewhat mushroom shaped, yet in a quiche dish.
But it wasn't a souffle, because it had a full raging puff pastry crust. And boy was it full, I'm talking over the top puff pastry here. Not nice and neat and managable like what you posted.
I'm so curious what this is I don't think I've ever seen it!

Reactions: Vixxen81
Ooooh! I bet he would like that with mascarpone cheese mixed with diced scallions.

One of my favorite little snackies is Mascarpone Croccantini
Take the the mascarpone/scallion mix above and spread it thick on bland crackers, like Saltines or similar.
Top with sun-dried tomatoes, radish slices and dressed greens . Top with lemon zest.

Yes, I made this one in the pic...

rs=w_360,h_271,cg_true.jpg

I love how this thread was hijacked into a food exchange
Where I come from (france) we call "quiche" a pie that is made with pastry and a filling made with a base of eggs, milk and sour cream, and "tourte" (which translates to pie apparently, but we have other words which translate to pie as well) a pie that has a pastry on top.
Flan is similar to a quiche but made with more eggs and milk, and usually taller.
There are thousands of variations of both, with meat or not, with cheese or not, salty or not.

These are only names and what a town calls a quiche will be called a flan in the next town and they'll have a fight over it

Ooooh! I bet he would like that with mascarpone cheese mixed with diced scallions.

One of my favorite little snackies is Mascarpone Croccantini
Take the the mascarpone/scallion mix above and spread it thick on bland crackers, like Saltines or similar.
Top with sun-dried tomatoes, radish slices and dressed greens . Top with lemon zest.

Yes, I made this one in the pic...

View attachment 96465
That is so colorful! I'll make the suggestion. He loves all of those things and I am guilty of eating mascarpone straight out of the container. 🧀 I love cheese. It's probably going to be the cause of my demise. Clog those arteries, bb! LOL

Ahhh ok, I think I'll make an attempt.

Here's the recipe for the pie I mentioned. The pic isn't very appetizing but I promise it's awesome.

Here we just call this a strawberry pie! I didn't know there was other type of strawberry pie lol

I'm so curious what this is I don't think I've ever seen it!
I can't find anything that looks like it on google images. It kind of looked like when a nuclear bomb goes off, but made of pastry. Maybe I assumed it was a widely available dish, and it was more a unique chefs experiment or something. Which wouldn't be a bad thing tbh. That thing shouldn't be widely available.

Here we just call this a strawberry pie! I didn't know there was other type of strawberry pie lol
In the US, a strawberry pie would be made with strawberries and rhubarb, sugar, and a regular pie crust like you would find on an apple or cherry pie.

This is really more of a no bake cheesecake but it's a Southern recipe so it was given the most deceptive name possible because we're weird like that.

If it wasn’t for the savory part, this would kind of remind me of an ooey gooey cake. Or maybe that’s because I haven’t had ooey gooey cake in years and always randomly crave it, haha!

• Funny!
Reactions: MarieElise
Dammit now I want some flan.
Mexican caramel custard would be the best descriptor, I think?
Screenshot 2023-05-23 173149.png

In the US, a strawberry pie would be made with strawberries and rhubarb, sugar, and a regular pie crust like you would find on an apple or cherry pie.
I feel like a strawberry pie vs. a strawberry rhubarb pie are normally worded as such. I dislike rhubarb so I avoid those ones. Weird texture! It's like almost sweet celery?

It's like rhubarb so I avoid those ones. Weird texture! It's like almost sweet celery?
It's actually extremely tart. You have to add a ton of sugar when you include it in a pie to balance it out. My grandma grew stalks of it in her garden and if you ate it raw it would pucker your whole face up unless you dipped it in honey or sugar.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Dammit now I want some flan.
Mexican caramel custard would be the best descriptor, I think?
View attachment 96467

I feel like a strawberry pie vs. a strawberry rhubarb pie are normally worded as such. I dislike rhubarb so I avoid those ones. Weird texture! It's like almost sweet celery?
Oh I didn't know this was Mexican, this is one of the most traditional sweets here! Definitely one of my favorites but sometimes a bit to sweet

I love Japanese style milk pudding too, it's less sweet and very light as a lot of Japanese sweets are

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
It's actually extremely tart. You have to add a ton of sugar when you include it in a pie to balance it out. My grandma grew stalks of it in her garden and if you ate it raw it would pucker your whole face up unless you dipped it in honey or sugar.
I don’t know if this is an old wives tale but I was always told it’s poisonous raw 👀

Reactions: inertvolcano
Since we are exploring different country specials, in Scandinavia we have this thing called a "sandwich cake" not a cake at all, but a giant shareable sandwich, often served at parties.

It is like a savory cake - your imagination is a limit to what you fill it with..Sliced bread makes the base, then smoked ham, cheese, salmon, shrimp, olives...whatever you feel like. Often coated in cream cheese and plenty of decorations. Decorations are always very fancy, much like in a normal, sweet, cake. But usually made to reflect what you might find inside the sandwich cake.

Here is just an example photo of a "greek salad Sandwich cake"

Screen Shot 2023-05-24 at 17.43.56.png

Since we are exploring different country specials, in Scandinavia we have this thing called a "sandwich cake" not a cake at all, but a giant shareable sandwich, often served at parties.
I made this once! There is a Swedish streamer a friend of mine really likes who mentioned it, and since she knows I do a lot of cooking and baking she asked me to try to make one. I followed a recipe I found online and I'm not sure how faithful it was, but it turned out delicious. I'd love to try one by someone who actually knew what they were doing lol.

Reactions: MarieElise

It is like a savory cake - your imagination is a limit to what you fill it with..Sliced bread makes the base, then smoked ham, cheese, salmon, shrimp, olives...whatever you feel like. Often coated in cream cheese and plenty of decorations. Decorations are always very fancy, much like in a normal, sweet, cake. But usually made to reflect what you might find inside the sandwich cake.

Here is just an example photo of a "greek salad Sandwich cake"

View attachment 96475
I would definitely fuck with that!!

In the Pittsburgh area we have steak salad. Its basically salad with steak, fries and whatever dressing you want. I like mine with blue cheese.
I have tried so hard to like blue cheese and I just...can't, I'm starting to wonder if it's similar to the cilantro/soap issue with people who love it and people who can't eat it. Cilantro tastes like soap to me.

Do you like cilantro?

Status
Not open for further replies.