AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Could use expertise for buying adult toy as gift

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2013
fresh out of the oven
I've sifted through the threads but i could use more info...

Currently in a long distance relationship so i'm thinking of surprising her with a toy on my next visit. She already has an Hitachi and couple cheap dildos, so i'd like to get something of high quality. I was looking at Lelos, seemingly the Mercedes Benz of toys, among other brands. I'm willing to spend up to 180 USD.

1. Since she has a Hitachi, i was wondering if many of the other vibrators (especially from Lelo) would be too redundant.

2. Maybe i'm overthinking but i remember reading somewhere on ACF that not every woman get's the same stimulation effect from the same toys. I'm wary that i'll get her something that turns out to be a dud. I dunno. Is this worth considering? Am i overthinking it?

3. Personal recommendations on which toy from which brand would be greatly appreciated. :)

4. Lastly, do i need to worry about TSA stopping me about a mysterious object in my bag when i go through airport security? (Another irrational worry)

Thanks a lot in advance

If she has a couple cheap dildos, get her a nice one. The two most-enjoyed brands of dildo aficionados are:

Tantus - All of their dildos are amazing, and the O2 line is a selection of dual-density toys that are absolutely incredible. They also have a grab bag option, where you can get a random color of a toy for a great deal. I personally own nine Tantus toys, and highly recommend them.

Vixen - Another high-quality company, their VixSkin line in particular is highly recommended by anyone who's used it. I've had one used on me in a strap-on, and it is fan-fucking-tastic.

Reactions: ExcellaExe
My favorite toy of all time is the Satisfyer. This thing is fantastic for clitoral stimulation. It kinda sucks on the clit and pulsates and vibrates all at the same time. It fully lives up to its name lol. Mind blowing! So similar to getting oral, i love it. There are a few different models at different price points, so go check it out. If you want you can buy it where I bought mine online through my link:
PinkCherry

Just search for the term"satisfyer" on the site. I bought the Satisfyer 2 Clitoral Stimulator, which uses batteries, but the higher model is usb charging. I can honestly say it's the best money I've ever spent on a toy!

Honestly, I'm not sure that surprising a woman with an expensive sex toy is always a good idea unless you've discussed sex toy preferences a lot beforehand. They can't be returned, and there's a ton of room for error. As you say, every woman's preferences are slightly unique.

You might have a lot of fun taking some time together on Amazon (or a high quality sex shop). She could have input in the toy selection, and even the things you don't end up buying could get you talking about naughty fantasies. If the toy has to be shipped, that's not so distressing because you are her sex toy when you're there. She doesn't need a new toy until you leave!

Does she like her Hitachi, and does she have the one that has to be plugged in? If so, you might consider upgrading to the cordless Hitachi (officially it's made by Vibratex, but it's NOT a knockoff). The original is great, but the cordless really surpasses it. 100% worth it in my opinion.

In terms of dildos I would recommend, I'm very fond of glass wands that are curved. They aren't super filling, but if she likes g-spot play, they hit the spot. Dildos with a handle are a nice touch because they are more user friendly. Vixen and Tantus make great silicone toys, especially the Vixskin and the Tantus O2 lines. I believe the Vixen toys tend to run a bit larger, which may or may not be a good thing. One thing to look out for is that cheap dildos are usually a lot squishier than quality silicone toys. If she has a cheap toy that she feels is just the right size, any silicone toy you buy should be somewhat less girthy because it will have less "give."
I would caution against Doc Johnson toys. They have a line of silicone toys that technically qualify as body safe, but they are terrible. I could rant for hours about how poorly designed they are.

Don't worry about TSA too much. Don't wrap the toy in wrapping paper, and leave enough time for a bag search just in case, but most of the agents have seen toys go through before and do not classify them as a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.