AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Create own Website / Word Press recommended Theme(s)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2019
Twitter Username
@Aurora_911
Hello everyone,

I would like to create my personal website with Wordpress and am looking for a suitable theme that you can recommend to me.

I would like to integrate my affiliate links to the campsites I use.

Set up a blog where I provide information about my career as a camel model and if possible also include a newsletter.

What can you recommend to me here about themes that are suitable and can also be customized?

My site uses a page builder (Brizy) to do the main pages and then a theme called diary blog for blog pages.
KingMarti.com is the address if you want to take a look.
I havnt been happy with the design since I did it, but the main point of the website for me was just to grow the mailing list and since I dont push huge amounts of traffic to the site re-doing it from scratch never became a priority.

Anything you do with wordpress is never going to be highly customized unless you start getting themes and plugins custom made. I personally find wordpress as a platform to be extreamly restrictive unless you start diving into the actual sites code and editing it there.

Reactions: Aurora Luna
My site uses a page builder (Brizy) to do the main pages and then a theme called diary blog for blog pages.
KingMarti.com is the address if you want to take a look.
I havnt been happy with the design since I did it, but the main point of the website for me was just to grow the mailing list and since I dont push huge amounts of traffic to the site re-doing it from scratch never became a priority.

Anything you do with wordpress is never going to be highly customized unless you start getting themes and plugins custom made. I personally find wordpress as a platform to be extreamly restrictive unless you start diving into the actual sites code and editing it there.

Thanks KingMarti, how did you build your Website? Looks minimalistic and that's the direction I'm looking for

Modelcentro is the way to go... entirely free, built for models, has subscriptions payment plans already built in as well as many other features, entirely customizable website design + no coding skills required, and did I mention free? You could have no traffic for months - entirely free. When customers do subscribe, they take like 20% out of the total earnings and thats about it! And yes you still own 100% of your content, own all the rights of use, etc. They even have affiliate services for people who advertise your site, and even with themselves too haha.

God I swear I sound like I work for them! LOL in all seriousness, I don't! Just really admire the way the operate. :)

Modelcentro is only great for people who have no desire to ever branch out from their service. You will always be tied to their payment processor, terms of service and site limitations. Also MC websites are not that great for search engine optimization.

Free WordPress themes are far more customizable than people think. And you don't need to pay for fancy plugins to trick it out. You can of course do that if you choose, but keep in mind that some plugins stop working after a few wp updates. So if the plugin creator doesn't maintain the updates you will have wasted money.

A few things that can help when picking a theme:

-Choose themes with sidebars on the right. Right sidebars display better on mobile devices.
-Keep popups or floating buttons to a minimum. This can cause longer page loads. Google doesn't like that.
-Add call to action buttons to your widgets. Widgets can be placed in your sidebar. This is also where you can add a contact button, newsletter signups etc.
-Create a static page that tells people what your website is all about. This is the first page they see when they visit your site.
-Look at themes that have a carousel feature built in. This will show off your latest blog post on the static page.
-Look for themes that make it easy to change out the color scheme.

I can add more later when I'm on my desktop or hit me up on Twitter @tajaethereal The most basic WordPress theme can be amazing after a few tweaks. Once you have it installed in your hosting account you can do a search for all of the above from your dashboard. There's a tagging system.

Modelcentro is only great for people who have no desire to ever branch out from their service. You will always be tied to their payment processor, terms of service and site limitations. Also MC websites are not that great for search engine optimization.

Free WordPress themes are far more customizable than people think. And you don't need to pay for fancy plugins to trick it out. You can of course do that if you choose, but keep in mind that some plugins stop working after a few wp updates. So if the plugin creator doesn't maintain the updates you will have wasted money.

A few things that can help when picking a theme:

-Choose themes with sidebars on the right. Right sidebars display better on mobile devices.
-Keep popups or floating buttons to a minimum. This can cause longer page loads. Google doesn't like that.
-Add call to action buttons to your widgets. Widgets can be placed in your sidebar. This is also where you can add a contact button, newsletter signups etc.
-Create a static page that tells people what your website is all about. This is the first page they see when they visit your site.
-Look at themes that have a carousel feature built in. This will show off your latest blog post on the static page.
-Look for themes that make it easy to change out the color scheme.

I can add more later when I'm on my desktop or hit me up on Twitter @tajaethereal The most basic WordPress theme can be amazing after a few tweaks. Once you have it installed in your hosting account you can do a search for all of the above from your dashboard. There's a tagging system.

MC doesn't tie you down to them only, they encourage us to branch out and cross promote, they have always.. one of the reasons I like them, and have been with the platform from the beginning. I really think them being flexible has helped the platform grow like it has. It's easy to use and tweek without having to be too technical for the beginners, and good enough to set up and not have to maintain it much, for an extra stream of income.

Status
Not open for further replies.