One musical project of mine is making an electronic track that is designed to be perfectly synchronized to sex toys. For this I have to find out a few things:
- How much variation inside the pattern is good?
- When does it get too much variation and a steady vibration would be better?
- Are pauses inside the pattern ok?
- I would need a way to create patterns on a timeline based software. I've tried Lovense media player and there you can only "record" hte pattern in realtime. It is displayed on a timeline but the SW doesn't let you use the mouse to draw the curves. It should also be possible to zoom into the display to get a real precise way to place the "events"
- I've sent a request to lovense but didn't hear anything yet.
- I've looked into https://buttplug.io/ but that's a world of its own as I'm not a coder.
- If there was an interested coder here there would be a super easy (AFAIK) way to integrate it as a plugin for Cockos Reaper
- I highly recommend this software for professional audio editing. It's free but very extensive and professional.