AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Custody battle?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2011
I found out my husband is cheating on me, and I plan to file for divorce.. He is currently at basic training for military..

My question is.. Will my job affect the judge's choice if I get custody of my child or not?
My camming area is on the other side of the house from his room, I never cam when he's awake or around, I'm not putting him in danger, but I'm worried that since it's considered an adult industry job, that the judge will look down on it..
I am in Mississippi, and it's the bible belt, so I'm kinda freaking out..

Any help would be great. Thanks.

As far as I know the military wont even accept you if you are a single parent (like have custody of a kid) so I'm not sure how that would work once you are already in the military, but I'm not sure he could keep his job and stay in the military. My guy tried joining the air force and they told him we would have to get married because he has custody of his daughter from a previous relationship. Of course that could just be the airforce....Or just a weirdo recruiting guy....

Also I worry about the same thing because me and my sons father will probably be in a custody battle soon and I live in such a small town I just don't see a judge understanding. I mean my sons father has no job and lives off government checks in the projects, but im terrified that the fact that I am a camgirl will somehow make a judge take his side over mine!

they could give him custody he'd just have to do a parenting plan to stay in, my bf has custody of his daughter and he's army.

I'd suggest getting a lawyer asap. they'll be able to help you SOO much more than us girls on this issue, I mean I'm somewhat educated on custody from one of my courses, but you'll have to get a lawyer at some point anyways, best to do it early on.

Mississippi isn't exactly the most open-minded state in the union, so I wish you luck. And yeah, get a good lawyer!

Don't let him know tell you get all your ducks in a row. And use that head start to get every single piece of dirt you can on him. That way if your job does come into question he looks way worse. That way the court no matter how bad your job looks will chose you. And be completly honest with your attorney so he will not be blind sided by anything no matter if you think it is bad and could hurt you he can spin it so it wont or at least be prepard when the hubby's side tries to use it against you.

Can the 2 of you can work out custody plans together with friend of the court (is that the right name?) agree and give them to the judge without having to put all the details out there? I'd try to keep parenting decisions between you and your husband as much as possible.

What all these ladies said, great advice, also research everything while he's away. Check laws, ask lawyers (consultations are usually free and can be done via the phone), find out everything you can before going forward.

I know that our jobs will be looked down on in court for these things, but honestly, he's proven that he's okay with your camming by appearing in your videos, right? Maybe that will prevent him from even using it against you? I know my ex won't use it against me since I have him on video with me.

Hope it all works out, beautiful.

Very good point that Allison makes. :) It even says on your profile that your husband is supportive of your job. I would probably take down the "fucking a fan" video however...just to be safe! That would probably confuse the boundaries a bit, and its better safe than sorry I say! :twocents-02cents:

edit: Your videos are awesome btw... ;)

in my experience he CAN try to use it against you but almost all of the time the courts favor the mother. As long as you have a job & can support yourselfs with food ect and you are DRUG FREE <-- thats a big one you should have no problems! Lots of people in the adult industry have children!

Are you trying for sole custody? that will be a knock down drag out battle but if your going to share custody then it shouldnt be that hard.

make a schedule and stick to it .. you may need to PROVE that you child is never in the area of you camming ect. Family court judges HATE bickering .. speak when spoken to if he starts fighting with you acting a fool stay quiet it will only look bad on him! HE ending the marriage bc of his infidelity and that should be your MAIN point in custody and divorce. Remember your the victim here.

best advice is to get a family lawyer! I did my sons step parent adoption by myself and it was HELL! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.