AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Daily Thoughts

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Familiar with the American educational system it still comes as a surprise to see foreign teaching systems.

tumblr_m4t0vfJtZQ1r3rmmno1_500.gif

Reactions: SoTxBob
Just made shepherds pie for the first time. It was delicious!!! :happy: my tummy is so happy right meow.

Now I just need to wait until the bloating goes down a bit before I can log on. I'll be too full to move.

Reactions: Poison_Ivy21
Familiar with the American educational system it still comes as a surprise to see foreign teaching systems.

We need this 'discipline freedom' in the US ed. system badly. It used to be this way but then somehow society decided kids had more "rights" than the teacher did to teach and be respected and cooperated with in class. The difference from my generation behaving when getting swats in the principles office was an option, to my kids gen when you cant even touch them to make them leave the room and instead need to call on the school security to do anything, is quite apparent.

Reactions: TacoBelle
We need this 'discipline freedom' in the US ed. system badly. It used to be this way but then somehow society decided kids had more "rights" than the teacher did to teach and be respected and cooperated with in class. The difference from my generation behaving when getting swats in the principles office was an option, to my kids gen when you cant even touch them to make them leave the room and instead need to call on the school security to do anything, is quite apparent.
Hmmm, I know I never felt the need or desire to physically assault my students to get them to behave in my class.

The idea that a teacher should be able to lay a hand on a student for any reason is absolutely insane. There's a reason why that mindset is outdated, because it's been found to be psychologically damaging to children.

School kids are already cruel enough to each other, lets add in actual physical abuse from the adults in that situation, WONDERFUL IDEA. JFC that is seriously horrifying. :vomit:

Hmmm, I know I never felt the need or desire to physically assault my students to get them to behave in my class.

In an ideal situation that's good and should not be necessary. When respect and discipline isn't taught at home and you are continually disrespected and your authority challenged disrupting the ability of others in class to learn,....
These were also obviously somewhere they don't have school cops to handle all the internal issues and the kids mentality of "I can do anything i want and you cant do shit to stop me." Life is all about respect of the elders and your fellow man. You reap what you sew.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Eva_Sunshine
In an ideal situation that's good and should not be necessary. When respect and discipline isn't taught at home and you are continually disrespected and your authority challenged disrupting the ability of others in class to learn,....
These were also obviously somewhere they don't have school cops to handle all the internal issues and the kids mentality of "I can do anything i want and you cant do shit to stop me." Life is all about respect of the elders and your fellow man. You reap what you sew.
Yeah, I didn't have school cops to call, and I taught in a "rough" school. It was just me and 20+ teens. Had some tricky situations, but still never needed violence to settle them. My ego is not so fragile that people, especially children, can push me into that by being disrespectful. I mean, that's sort of what kids do.

If I didn't need to resort to violence to remove angry weapon-wielding men from the (public) library I worked at, I think it's generally always going to be uncalled for in a classroom.

As a child who witnessed my siblings being physically abused, and was daily threatened with it, I'm just going to say that shit needs to stay in the fucking past. Children deserve better than that. There's pretty much no reason to ever slap or punch a child. (And anyone under 18 IS a child.)

@SoTxBob
If someone can't figure out how to properly discipline a misbehaving child without physically assaulting them, they have zero business being a teacher. I went to school with a bunch of wealthy, entitled, rich kids who were convinced the world revolved around them and dealt with very little discipline at home. The teachers managed the excessively disruptive ones just fine with no cops and without assaulting any minors. It's really not that hard to figure out when you're not super small minded.

And I will never automatically respect someone just because they are older than me. Respect is earned, not granted simply because you've been on this earth a little longer. I live in the south, a huge chunk of the older population here is incredibly racist, sexist, homophobic and elitist. These people do not deserve my respect, considering this world will be a better place once they're out if it.

And I will never automatically respect someone just because they are older than me. Respect is earned, not granted simply because you've been on this earth a little longer. I live in the south, a huge chunk of the older population here is incredibly racist, sexist, homophobic and elitist. These people do not deserve my respect, considering this world will be a better place once they're out if it.

I fundamentally disagree with this mindset. I will respect everyone until they do something to lose that respect. Rather then respect no one until they have earned it and thats regardless of age.

I fundamentally disagree with this mindset. I will respect everyone until they do something to lose that respect. Rather then respect no one until they have earned it and thats regardless of age.

My circle is small, I keep to myself and tend to avoid extensive face to face interaction with random people as much as possible. I'm not rude to strangers for no reason. But for example, in my housing complex the are 4 different houses that have confederate flags in their windows/hanging off their balcony's. I've never interacted with any of these guys, but I sure as hell don't respect them. And I'd tell them they're dumb, racist asshole's to their dumb, racist faces.

Let's face it, bigots tend to make themselves known pretty quickly.

By the way, the dictionary definition of respect: "a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements."
Hell to the fuck no I don't respect everyone. I have common courtesy, but that's an entirely different thing. You have to do something worth respecting to truly gain my respect.

Had some tricky situations, but still never needed violence to settle them.
If I didn't need to resort to violence to remove angry weapon-wielding men from the (public) library I worked at, I think it's generally always going to be uncalled for in a classroom.

Thats awesome.
The world needs more teachers with your skillset.
From what I have heard from the local teachers assoc, it seems many of the good ones are leaving for better pay and less stressful areas of life.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Ok, first of all, we can have this discussion while staying civil and not resorting to name-calling simply because there are differing opinions. Things like this
It's really not that hard to figure out when you're not super small minded.
don't do anything to actually help the conversation advance. Thank you to those of you who have kept a level head throughout this. Because it IS a very personal subject, and it DOES have a big effect on our emotions, it's easy to slip up and say something hurtful without meaning to.

@AerynShade, you are a very calm and collected person. I can tell just from your posts on here. Obviously, you have a way to sort through things and internalize your emotions when needed in the midst of chaos. Armed assaulters at your library? SCARY SHIT. But you kept your cool. Not many people can do that naturally. That's why we need to focus more on alternative ways to discipline/get students' attention/handle a crisis for teachers so that they can remember what to say/do without letting their anger/fear take control.

No, I don't think that children should be beaten. BUT I do think that teachers are so afraid of the repercussions (getting fired) that they are forced to allow the hooligans to disrespect them and other students. One of my teacher friends frequently has "bad kids" throwing spitballs/books/desks at her for fun. They like to put ketchup in her chair. They pull a bunch of silly, albeit mean, pranks but also some genuinely dangerous ones. She is so afraid of being fired that she can't do anything besides yell at them to go to the principal's office. What does that do? It makes the "bad kid" laugh in her face. After multiple "verbal warnings" to the student, she is allowed to call for security. But by this time, the rest of the room is recording it all on their phones, shouting at her encouragement to hit the kid, yelling at her that she's a shitty teacher and she "better not touch [the student] or [her] ass is goin' to jail!!!!" and similar. When the officer finally gets to the room, apparently there are only a few ways that he can deal with the student. He's not allowed to physically harm the child. (One was fired for pulling on a kid's arm to get the kid to leave the room.) So the officer is afraid for his job. And the other students are egging it on and recording him.

This becomes a huge shitstorm. The other students see that hooligan #1 was able to get away with all of that and still not get punished. Then it causes a ripple effect. More and more children start to lash out/act up. And the teachers/security grow more and more scared for their sanity, safety, and jobs. This is, in my opinion, bullshit. There should be some way for the administration to deal with situations without having to "just take it." Yes, in times when a student is physically harming another student or a teacher, faculty members should be allowed to physically restrain the offending student or physically move him from the situation. Without fear of losing their job. (Obviously, I'm not talking about caning a student or punching his face or anything like that. Just reasonable physical touch to expunge the situation from worsening.)

Last edited:
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Ok, first of all, we can have this discussion while staying civil and not resorting to name-calling simply because there are differing opinions. Things like this

don't do anything to actually help the conversation advance. Thank you to those of you who have kept a level head throughout this. Because it IS a very personal subject, and it DOES have a big effect on our emotions, it's easy to slip up and say something hurtful without meaning to.

@AerynShade
No, I don't think that children should be beaten. BUT I do think that teachers are so afraid of the repercussions (getting fired) that they are forced to allow the hooligans to disrespect them and other students. One of my teacher friends frequently has "bad kids" throwing spitballs/books/desks at her for fun....

Just for the flip side of the coin, I have a niece and nephew who both went through years of private (christian) schools. My older brother did for a few years as well. Those schools had it in their contracts that the principal was allowed to spank the children should the need arise. The parents were free to disagree with that policy, but then they also couldn't have their children there. So it was unanimously agreed upon by every one involved.

The things you describe never occur in a private school setting like that. Even talking about the possibility of students behaving that badly and you'd just get quizzical looks.

Growing up, the public school I went to from 6th to 9th grade still had the spanking policy. But parents could specifically 'opt out' if they came in and signed a paper stating they would not allow the school to do spanking. Very few signed. Personally I think it was a mistake when public schools went away from that policy. I'm also a believer in spanking a child that needs it, so it doesn't seems so outrageous to me for it to be done at school if needed.

My patience for outdated thinking (especially ideas like this that have been disproven by real science) is very thin. Geographically, I'm surrounded by people who think it will be totally okay to beat their children with belts, simply because their parents did it to them. This line of reasoning is toxic and damages one of the most vulnerable classes in our society.

The fact that teachers used to be able to beat children with swats, paddles and/or an open hand is nothing but horrifying.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/moral-landscapes/201309/research-spanking-it-s-bad-all-kids

"In terms of whether parental aggression (spanking) decreases aggression in the child, the answer is no. In fact, spanking tends to increase child aggression. “Spanking predicted increases in children’s aggression over and above initial levels [of aggressive behavior]” and “in none of these longitudinal studies did spanking predict reductions in children’s aggression over time” (p. 134). Instead, spanking predicted increases in children’s aggression."

"Spanking is harmful for even more reasons, the review indicates:
  • Spanking destroys mental health.
  • Spanking increases delinquency and criminal behavior.
  • Spanking makes it more likely the child will be physically abused."
And personally, I believe that teachers or parents who lay hands on their children, are one of the reasons why so many men grow up and believe it's okay to beat their wives. "Oh we have a problem, lemme just backhand you to solve it."

Incredibly harmful line of thinking.

Here's all the references that article used. The title of the third source is particularly noteworthy.
References
Berlin, L.J., Ispa, J.M., Fine, M.A., Malone, P.S., Brooks-Gunn, J., Brady-Smith, C., et al. (2009). Correlates and consequences of spanking and verbal punishment for low-income White, African American, and Mexican American toddlers. Child Development, 80, 1403-1420.

Gershoff, E.T. (2002). Corporal punishment by parents and association behaviors and experiences: A meta-analytic and theoretical review. Psychological Bulletin, 128, 539-579.

Gershoff, E. T. (2013). Spanking and child development: We know enough now to stop hitting our children. Child Development Perspectives, 7 (3), 133-137.

Gershoff, E.T., & Grogan-Kaylor, A. (2013). Spanking and its consequences for children: New meta-analyses and old controversies. Manuscript under review.

Gershoff, E.T., Lansford, J.E., Sexton, H.R., Davis-Kean, P.E., & Sameroff, A.J. (2012). Longitudinal links between spanking and children’s externalizing behaviors in a national sample of White, Black, Hispanic, and Asian American families. Child Development, 83, 838-843.

Yeah, hitting your kids is one of those things that I personally feel has enough empirical research behind it to factually state "hitting kids messes them up". Even from a logical point of view, teaching them that violence is acceptable (especially from people in power to someone weaker) seems like a bad idea. I'm not a teacher or parent and maybe this is why I shouldn't be on (as in, I'm probably simplifying this next part), but I also think it's a bit lazy. Kids act out for a variety of reasons, obviously some more easily treated than others, but to just hit them and expect them to learn anything, let alone genuinely respect you, seems backwards.

Also it adds a slippery slope - is one spank okay? Five spanks? Using an instrument? A switch? Whipping them? I worry about stuff like that where everyone's line of punishment vs abuse is going to be incredibly personal & arbitrary. I don't say it out of judgement on people who do believe in spanking, just on a broader level, like where should/could we draw the line.

My patience for outdated thinking (especially ideas like this that have been disproven by real science) is very thin. Geographically, I'm surrounded by people who think it will be totally okay to beat their children with belts, simply because their parents did it to them. This line of reasoning is toxic and damages one of the most vulnerable classes in our society.

The fact that teachers used to be able to beat children with swats, paddles and/or an open hand is nothing but horrifying.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/moral-landscapes/201309/research-spanking-it-s-bad-all-kids

Debated starting a whole new thread and dragging the last couple posts over to it, but decided to just reply here one last time on the subject. After this I'll just bow out. I think this pretty much sums it up for me anyway.
---------------------

Yeah, still support spanking as needed. So do the statistics.

Since we're throwing out studies, and I like the studies game because it's so fun, here's one, and a really good article on the subject..

I'll give the links for the actual papers at the end, but the first few quotes below are from an article summarizing the papers, since it makes the main points much more simply and without the massive statistical dumps in the studies.

Marjorie Gunnoe, professor of psychology at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
A study entailing 2,600 interviews pertaining to corporal punishment, including the questioning of 179 teenagers about getting spanked and smacked by their parents

Gunnoe’s findings, announced this week: “The claims made for not spanking children fail to hold up. They are not consistent with the data.”

Those who were physically disciplined performed better than those who weren’t in a whole series of categories, including school grades, an optimistic outlook on life, the willingness to perform volunteer work, and the ambition to attend college, Gunnoe found. And they performed no worse than those who weren’t spanked in areas like early sexual activity, getting into fights, and becoming depressed. She found little difference between the sexes or races.

Jason Fuller.
Article published in the Akron Law Review last year examined criminal records and found that children raised where a legal ban on parental corporal punishment is in effect are much more likely to be involved in crime.

A key focus of the work of Jason M. Fuller of the University of Akron Law School was Sweden, which 30 years ago became the first nation to impose a complete ban on physical discipline and is in many respects “an ideal laboratory to study spanking bans,” according to Fuller.

Since the spanking ban, child abuse rates in Sweden have exploded over 500 percent, according to police reports. Even just one year after the ban took effect, and after a massive government public education campaign, Fuller found that “not only were Swedish parents resorting to pushing, grabbing, and shoving more than U.S. parents, but they were also beating their children twice as often.”

After a decade of the ban, “rates of physical child abuse in Sweden had risen to three times the U.S. rate” and “from 1979 to 1994, Swedish children under seven endured an almost six-fold increase in physical abuse,” Fuller’s analysis revealed.

Note: The following quotes are now directly from the Jason Fuller study itself.

For instance, after Sweden outlawed spanking, violent behavior did not decrease. Instead, there has been substantially more violence in Sweden than ever before—violence by children, violence by parents, and violence by society in general.

So, the ban has not made youth behavior any better. And now, it seems that many Swedish parents feel they can “neither control the child’s behavior nor tolerate its effect upon themselves.” Some even appear unable to resist “explosive attacks of rage” against their own kids. Within ten years of the ban, physical child abuse had risen to three times the U.S. rate. And in the thirty years since the ban, child abuse has increased by over 1400%, even though the Swedish population has only increased by about 11.5%. Thus, Sweden’s experience since outlawing spanking has been largely inconsistent with its nonviolent goals.

The opposite is also proven. Singapore allows corporal punishment in schools. Crime rates are lower there than countries who outlaw it.
At the other end of the spectrum is Singapore. It is common to hear spanking opponents claim that, “although physical punishment may produce conformity in the immediate situation, in the longer run, it tends to increase the probability of deviance, including delinquency in adolescence and violent crime inside and outside the family as an adult.” Some even say that “corporal punishment disadvantages children cognitively.” If true, we would expect to see these problems where spanking is prevalent, like in Singapore. There, schoolteachers corporally punish unruly students, parents cane their children, and the government whips adults as criminal punishment. If the anti-spanking position were valid, Singapore would be one of the most violent and academically deficient societies on the planet. Instead, it is the opposite. Despite the fact that Singapore’s population has risen by 27% in the past ten years, their crime rates have dropped—both per capita and in total.

At the same time, Singaporean schoolchildren have done very well on international academic tests—taking second and third place in math, and first place in science.

Granted, Singapore’s authoritarian culture may not interest everyone. But it does show that the spanking-is-always-harmful position does not stand up to casual scrutiny.

He pretty much sums up what's wrong with most of the anti-spanking studies out there with this.
The contrast between Sweden and Singapore may be somewhat confusing, because of widely advertised claims that corporal punishment is “associated with higher rates of aggression . . . .”

The problem is that these claims, though widely advertised, are seldom based on sound scientific research. Rather, professional methodologists have found that anti-spanking studies are often structured to support the researcher’s personal philosophy, instead of being structured to fairly analyze the results of physical discipline.

To start, many anti-spanking researchers begin with a conclusion, not a hypothesis. Take Dr. Murray Straus, one of the world’s leading spanking opponents. He admits that his goal is to prove that physical discipline, “by itself, has harmful psychological side effects for children and hurts society as a whole.”

Similarly, a review of the research indicates that over 80% of the corporal punishment articles are “merely opinion-driven editorials, reviews or commentaries, devoid of new empirical findings.” Thus, when methodologists try to gain a comprehensive understanding of the research, they have to filter out most of the articles.

Many of the remaining studies are still unreliable. Some have not passed peer-review. Others do not compare corporal punishment to any other punishments, which does not allow for meaningful analysis. Still others mainly research extreme violence—like beating someone with a strap—and then assume that the results apply to a mild slap on the hand.

The studies that do not have these problems show “no evidence for unique detrimental effects of normative physical punishment.” Instead, they tend to show that spanking is either harmless or beneficial, depending on the context. That is, the effects of physical discipline depend on things like the overall parenting style, the accompanying use of explanation and reason, and the child’s age.

"tl:dr" Yeah, still support spanking. Many anti-spanking articles start with an agenda and just don't stand up to real world stastics. The bottom line is I was raised in a setting where spanking was a normal part of parenting and it was done responsibly. Not only by my parents but most of those around me. I never saw the problems attributed by the anti-spanking fear mongering going on in society. The people I did see have more problems over all had no such discipline from their parents growing up.

Marjorie Gunnoe study.
http://www.amsciepub.com/doi/pdf/10.2466/15.10.49.PR0.112.3.933-975
Background stuff to begin, but pertinent stuff begins on page 10 of the web page, page 942 on the documents paging system.

Jason Fuller Corporal Punishment and Child Development
https://www.uakron.edu/dotAsset/1820605.pdf

Just wanting to vent how shitty of a day it was for me.
First fight in my room happened today so that was awkward and a bummer. And on top of it today was the third day in a row I didn't make anything which bums me out a little bit so I might take a day off to restore my positive outlook and recharge. Also while I grieve for the recent lost of my baby girl Ava who was my precious little guinea pig.

But then I think of how keeping a consistence schedule will help me in the long run! So I think I'll go back on with a new face and try again!

@JerryBoBerry
I wonder why crime rates are super low in Singapore.....Oh wait, because you could get a year in jail for just having CHEWING GUM. Their laws are incredibly strict with excessive punishments, thats why people behave. Not because they were spanked as children.

My parents never ever laid a hand on me and I never acted up excessively as a child. Hell, the first time I got drunk was at my high school graduation party. My mother can't remember a single instance where I was throwing a crazy tantrum, especially not in public. I was an incredibly well behaved child/tween/teenager. Why? Because my parents treated me like a human and not a goddamn animal. They used logic and reason instead of literal violence. There's your fucking case study. And for every single scientific study that says one thing, there's another that say the complete opposite. So who's benefiting from not slapping kids? What agenda is that? Don't hit your kids because it fucks them up....who's is directly profiting off that?

I could never imagine hitting a child. I'd feel disgusting if I did something like that.

You quoted yourself that since the ban in Sweden, more parents are beating their children even more. This is not the solution. This solution is to stop laying your hands on your children AT ALL. Tell people to stop spanking their kids and now they're beating them more? What the hell? In what world does that make any sense? I wonder if increased rates of hard child abuse have anything to do with the increase in crime? The point is to eliminate ALL CHILD ABUSE.

This was taken directly from the article you cited.
The United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child, meanwhile, challenges laws permitting any physical punishment of children and has called on all governments in the world to prohibit every form of physical discipline, including within the family.

In the U.S., the National Association of Social Workers has declared that all physical punishment of children has harmful effects and should be stopped; social workers are being trained to advocate against physical discipline when they visit homes. And in 2007, San Francisco Bay area Assemblywoman Sally Lieber unsuccessfully proposed legislation imposing a California state ban on spanking children under the age of four.

The parental guidance website contends that “Spanking teaches children that the larger, stronger person has the power to get his way, whether or not he is in the right.” DrSpock.com concludes that “The American tradition of spanking may be one reason that there is much more violence in our country than in any other comparable nation.”

Of like mind is the American Academy of Pediatrics, whose official policy says: “Despite its common acceptance, spanking is a less effective strategy than timeout or removal of privileges for reducing undesired behavior in children. Although spanking may immediately reduce or stop an undesired behavior, its effectiveness decreases with subsequent use.”

The academy adds: “The only way to maintain the initial effect of spanking is to systematically increase the intensity with which it is delivered, which can quickly escalate into abuse. Thus, at best, spanking is only effective when used in selective infrequent situations.”

So we have The United Nations Committee on the Right of the Child, The National Association of Social Workers, and the American Academy of Pediatrics who are against. Then a professor of psychology at Calvin College in Grand Rapids and Jason M Fuller from the University of Akron who's qualifications I can't even find, that are for spanking. If you search him on the schools website, you find nothing. I have no idea who that guy is or why I should believe shit he says. He's not a professor or an expert, so he's far from a reliable source.

I'm gonna side with the actual experts here. Stop hitting kids.

Interesting subject. My parents spanked me a lot. My dad even one time took a tree branch to me. The thing is is that I knew it was coming if I didn't stop whatever it was I was vocalizing about or not doing what they wanted me to do, but for some reason I felt the need to press my ignorant case. I got warned. If I shut up, or did what they said, then no problems.

My experiences with schooling: Maybe in the 8 years I was in grade school during the 70's and early 80's (1,400 days or so total?), out of all those days, I have possibly 10 bad experiences that I still remember from that time. One of the worst was when I had to use the bathroom and the teacher wouldn't let me (because it was at the end of the day) and I ultimately just peed in my pants sitting there in my desk. It was even worse that it was a carpool day and had to get in to a car of another family. That one is kind of funny because it actually allows me to say that I actually pissed my pants out of fear (I was such a submissive kid to the outside world and really just put myself in their hands wholeheartedly because I didn't know what else to do). I was more messed up by the words of those who looked after me. Part of me wishes I would have been hit or something for wrong doing...as opposed to weird words, shaming, and madness for things I couldn't understand at that age. My dad remembers (almost fondly...he tells the stories with a smile) the nuns hitting his knuckles with a ruler.

High School was bit different. I only remember a few instances where shit went haywire. The best was a psychology teacher grabbing a kid in a choke-hold because the kid was a loud mouth and testing him. Kind of funny, in a sad way, that a psychology teacher couldn't control him using his knowledge of psychology. The teacher was let go and the principal of the school took over (Italian mafia woman) and the loudmouth shut up.

I have no answers or solutions...I am just reminiscing. :) Just kind of my daily thought.

Saw a picture of a model pretending to be a Thanksgiving turkey. Oiled up, hands and feet bound, apple in mouth, in a fake oven, with veggies all around and in her.

First thought? "Psh, who adds bell peppers to their roast turkey trimmings?"

I think I might be a bit desensitized to porn.

Saw a picture of a model pretending to be a Thanksgiving turkey. Oiled up, hands and feet bound, apple in mouth, in a fake oven, with veggies all around and in her.

First thought? "Psh, who adds bell peppers to their roast turkey trimmings?"

I think I might be a bit desensitized to porn.

Muki's Kitchen?
http://mukiskitchen.com/free1.html
:bored: That moment of self realization when someone mentions a woman being baked up for Thanksgiving dinner and you instantly recognize the website it probably came from. :bigtears:

• Funny!
Reactions: Gen
It was a retweet of a model, didn't say the site. But the table/oven setup looks the same. Huh. So this is a thing. Okay.

Clips4sale has categories for it too. Look under cannibalism or vore. Just a quick check shows a few that are very similar in style to Muki's site. So it may have been from there too.

I wonder if people who are that uncomfortable with gender distinctions in the English language brains' explode when learning or speaking Spanish... or Italian or French for that matter.

Imagine colleges being forced to close foreign language programs if they are deemed offensive. But maybe that's the direction everything really is going... scary thoughts.

¿Que pasa?
Queste sono oggi i miei pensieri.
Passes une bonne journée.

I think my most commonly said phrase is "I wonder...". I feel like I'm always wondering something. I'm glad to be alive in the time of Google so I never have to wonder for too long, though.

@LuckySmiles I am taking Spanish right now and I hate the gender distinctions just because they're so hard to remember! I have pink and blue sticky notes all over my household objects to try and help me remember! I also try to picture little mustaches or little pink bows on the items, hahah. Sometimes it helps but not always :D It makes English feel so simple although my friends who've learned English don't seem to find it so easy!

Also speaking of language, in retrospect I kind of wish I'd chosen a language that one of my friends spoke, just for practicing. There is a language club at school that matches you with native speakers but they never have enough Spanish speakers to balance out all of the English speakers, haha.