AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Daily Thoughts

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
On a more positive note... some of my favorite movies are funeral related: The Big Chill & Death At A Funeral come to mind.

Life is short... you better get busy living or get busy dying.
Thanks for them inspiring words Boce. If I had read them yesterday when it was an issue, who knows, they might have made all the difference.

But I didn't. I had already worked through that crap and moved on by 8 p.m.

Today is a whole news set of issues, mainly where that socket set I had wandered off to. Looks like shortly I may be having to navigate myself around the insides of a few pawn shops in the hopes of finding a suitable replacement.

I got quite smashed at my local pub last night and drank till last bell. I wanted to leave earlier but I was in a round with some mates. My stomach was all over the shop this morning. I started commuting at 5am and took a bus to get to a train station. I was still half cut. It was pretty packed with commuters being central London. I decided to play a game on my iPhone to kill time and put my JVC headphones on. They have a nice ear plug that blocks out all external sounds dead. They can be dangerous when crossing a road. So I got really into the game and forgot where I was for a sec. I was running on auto pilot and cocked my ass to the side to release a fart so loud that I heard it through the JVCs...

I paused the game and looked around. People were looking at me like "really?"

I was 'that guy' this morning.

• Funny!
Reactions: aurakitty
My all-time favorite movie...
Very on point too, not so much for my last crisis, but for the one that is upcoming tomorrow, seeing how I am in a prison; not a physical prison mind you, but a mental prison of slight worry and mild anxiety...

I got some pet/cig/unknown odors that have to be dealt with. Now I called the pros, but they all wanted an arm and a leg for their services. So I said what the hell and bought a cheap ozone generator, going to try and do it myself. Spent most of yesterday cleaning fabrics, searching nooks and crannies to see if they needed to be cleaned, etc. Tomorrow the ozone generator is supposed to arrive.

We will see how it goes. Frankly, I don't know what is going to happen. I guess worst case scenario, I am out the 60 bucks I paid for the ozone generator, and I will still have to pay for the pros to come and do it right.

Scary times we live in.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Very on point too, not so much for my last crisis, but for the one that is upcoming tomorrow, seeing how I am in a prison; not a physical prison mind you, but a mental prison of slight worry and mild anxiety...

I got some pet/cig/unknown odors that have to be dealt with. Now I called the pros, but they all wanted an arm and a leg for their services. So I said what the hell and bought a cheap ozone generator, going to try and do it myself. Spent most of yesterday cleaning fabrics, searching nooks and crannies to see if they needed to be cleaned, etc. Tomorrow the ozone generator is supposed to arrive.

We will see how it goes. Frankly, I don't know what is going to happen. I guess worst case scenario, I am out the 60 bucks I paid for the ozone generator, and I will still have to pay for the pros to come and do it right.

Scary times we live in.

That really sucks to have to deal with, and spend money on...even the $60.

I’m still surprised at how calmly my son (on the autism spectrum) handled it when we moved into our apartment, and it reeked of smoke (I was told the previous tenant smoked weed a lot, and even sold it to people). There had also been cigarettes out on our balcony...so a cigarette smoker too.

I realized it’s just the smell of someone currently smoking - or who’s just smoked - that agitates him.

I had to kindly decline someone’s offer to have their couch they were getting rid of, because she had cats, and I’m allergic.

I had to kindly decline someone’s offer to have their couch they were getting rid of, because she had cats, and I’m allergic.
I just got a pretty decent couch and matching huge loveseat, either leather or an awfully convincing imitation. When I got it inside, the lady that gave it to me brought the cloth throw pillows in and arranged them for me. Patted them and smiled and said "There you go...". I smiled back and thanked her.

She left, and soon as she was out of sight them pillows walked right down to the dumpster. It's a hard and fast rule I have when dealing with used/donated furniture, NO CLOTH. I don't need some stranger's ancient love juices being an issue when I am tired and want to plop down.

• Funny!
I’m still surprised at how calmly my son (on the autism spectrum) handled it when we moved into our apartment, and it reeked of smoke (I was told the previous tenant smoked weed a lot, and even sold it to people). There had also been cigarettes out on our balcony...so a cigarette smoker too.

I realized it’s just the smell of someone currently smoking - or who’s just smoked - that agitates him.
Speaking of cigarettes...

Family member had their car totaled, replaced it with a used late model from some dealership. After she had it a couple of weeks, started smelling stale cig smoke. The dealer had used some scent bomb to cover it up, but apparently the previous owner of 3 years smoked in it regularly, and my family member is highly attuned to that stuff. Said she has taken it 2x now to get it cleaned and odor treated, but a couple weeks later the smell is back.

• Wat?!
I'm going to start intermittent fasting again tomorrow. One meal a day at 2pm. I'm seriously considering fruitarianism. 75% of my diet is chilled fruits. Most of that is watermelon and peaches.

I like it spicy so I fried some marinated pork strips and mixed it with Samyang kimchi song song ramen. I double doused that with habanero hot sauce.

JNO104lg.jpg

You have to fill it with hot water for 4 minutes then drain it, then add the hot, spicy syrup sachet and mix well.

They were on a promotional offer for a week at a local Korean superstore. 8 for 99p instead of £7.82! It's a good plan by Samyang. Get the customers addicted to their sweet, spicy goodness and then they'll come back and pay full price. I went ahead filled a trolley with them and went to checkout. I walked out with 4 large bags and thought, "I'm going to get addicted to these and suddenly run out in a few months. Better double up". I went back and refilled a trolley. The staff were talking about me in Korean and pointing. They were not amused.

Yes, I'm an offer abuser, but I've also got about 6 months worth of song song ramen :cat:

For twenty years now, myself and another family member have approached this individual, trying to get them to turn the pictures over so we can make digital copies for everyone to have. We have both explained the sentimental value they hold for all of us, and it seems it has only fueled this individual's tightfisted refusal to share.

I'm in a similar, yet exact opposite, situation. After my mom died I'm now in possession of all the old family photos. As in all the extended family, aunts, uncles, cousins... all going back to early photography days. (some were made with the glass plate method)

I've tried finding someone in the family who wants them. Brothers don't, none of their children. I don't have kids. I've even offered to digitize them all and put them on the cloud to just send them a link. No one is interested. I'm looking at throwing them all away. Entire generations of photos, meaningless trash it seems.

I'm in a similar, yet exact opposite, situation. After my mom died I'm now in possession of all the old family photos. As in all the extended family, aunts, uncles, cousins... all going back to early photography days. (some were made with the glass plate method)

I've tried finding someone in the family who wants them. Brothers don't, none of their children. I don't have kids. I've even offered to digitize them all and put them on the cloud to just send them a link. No one is interested. I'm looking at throwing them all away. Entire generations of photos, meaningless trash it seems.
That's a crying shame.

I'm in a spot similar to your extended family. I have a few pictures of me when I was a kid, and about 20 years of digital pics. Nearly all, I don't want so I have been slowly deleting them. I keep any which may have some value. But, for the most part, I wind up coming back deleting them. To me, most of it is just taking up space whether in closet or in hard drive. Aside from me, no one else will really see them. There will be few I want to keep just because of key points in life.

I bet if you were holding onto old china, flatware, etc you'd have a fight on your hands because of monetary value.

It's amazing how petty and mean-spirited people get. Sorry you're going through that now.

They can't take your memories - enjoy them for the rest of your life, and pass them on.
I so agree when I lived near Chicago it was so alarming to me that I lived near the mob & the amount of racism that I did & I felt uuntil recently that I felt turned off by certain things because of behavior but now I enjoy things more as it's happened within the last couple months but know it's a slow process for me

Joe Wilkins, Author of Gates of the Arctic National Park - Twelve Years of Wilderness Exploration claims to know the difference between a bear's bluff charge or if it's going to maul you and/or possibly eat you alive.

Of course, you have to read his book to find out what I already know, but he has pictures.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those penguins capable of changing their sex?

They came up on the ‘Animals who change sex or reverse sex roles’ list, since the males stay behind to care for the eggs while the females go out to get food to bring home. When I Googled it just now, I stumbled across another article I wasn’t prepared for...about disturbing penguin facts involving necrophilia, rape, kidnapping, etc. Yikes.
https://m.ranker.com/list/terrifying-penguin-sex-mating-facts/cynthia-griffith

I think that’s enough internet for me this morning. It’s almost time for me to clock into work anyway...

Last edited:
Can't help but really feel like I walked right into a good bargain yesterday.

Finally replacing a laptop that died a couple years ago; looked at all the in-store stuff at Fry's, BestBuy, plus been keeping tabs on a couple local pawn shops...pretty much had figured for something decent, I wasn't going to get off for less than 300.

Got a laptop on clearance from Micro Center for 180 brand new.

Can't help but really feel like I walked right into a good bargain yesterday.

Finally replacing a laptop that died a couple years ago; looked at all the in-store stuff at Fry's, BestBuy, plus been keeping tabs on a couple local pawn shops...pretty much had figured for something decent, I wasn't going to get off for less than 300.

Got a laptop on clearance from Micro Center for 180 brand new.

Hopefully a decent performing one, and just throw $50 worth of extra memory into it and it's good.

Hopefully a decent performing one, and just throw $50 worth of extra memory into it and it's good.
so far so good. light on memory w/ 4 gb, only a 250 gb hard drive no ssd.

Also doesn't have a built in webcam/mic, but I consider the lack of that a feature. Monitor is only 14", would have preferred 15.6 at least, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Left the Win 10 on there for familiarization purposes, but it sucks badly. Most of the hard drive is Linux partition now.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/508988/EliteBook_8440p_14_Laptop_Computer_Refurbished_-_Black Here it is, website says refurb, but they aren't. Had like 10 in stock never opened, clearance.

Also doesn't have a built in webcam/mic, but I consider the lack of that a feature. Monitor is only 14", would have preferred 15.6 at least, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Left the Win 10 on there for familiarization purposes, but it sucks badly. Most of the hard drive is Linux partition now.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/508988/EliteBook_8440p_14_Laptop_Computer_Refurbished_-_Black Here it is, website says refurb, but they aren't. Had like 10 in stock never opened, clearance.

For that price someone could pony up the extra $80 for a 256gb SSD and clean up all the bottlenecks with that laptop. The one thing that makes win10 great is you just need a USB drive to reinstall and it will active itself after it's been down once.

That's not too bad. I have a similar spec one but it's a Lenovo ThinkPad with 256GB SSD and a 13" screen. I bumped it to 8GB ram and it's slow but works. I formatted drive and put Fedora on it, as it is a traveling system. My primary workstation is Win10 due to some requirements.

Truth be told, my primary laptop is a 17" which is too big IMO for portability. The 13" is just a tad undersized. I do prefer a 14" screen for portability and still being able to see the screen since I use an external monitor.

For that price someone could pony up the extra $80 for a 256gb SSD and clean up all the bottlenecks with that laptop. The one thing that makes win10 great is you just need a USB drive to reinstall and it will active itself after it's been down once.
Dicked around with Win 10, do not care for it at all. Toying with the idea of putting a SSD in it now, put my oem copy of windows 7/ubuntu on it. I want to keep a version of windows just so I dont feel the need to mess around with Wine.

The lower end models such as these are pretty decent for web systems. But, not much else due to lower specs. I bought my Thinkpad and a Macbook Air with both being under $200. The Macbook Air is an older, refurb model, and I can't upgrade it. But, it's okay since I have no experience with MacOS and wanted a cheap one to learn on. Be nice to have 4GB ram. But, only has 2GB soldered on board. No dice...

Dicked around with Win 10, do not care for it at all. Toying with the idea of putting a SSD in it now, put my oem copy of windows 7/ubuntu on it. I want to keep a version of windows just so I dont feel the need to mess around with Wine.

I actually like Win10 much better than I do Win7. Also, Win7 is going away with no further updates within a year IIRC. I say stay with Win10 and learn it to stay supported with updates. Win7 is old trash...

Win7 is old trash...
Maybe, but is my favorite MS os so far. Win2000 Pro probably my second favorite.

Perhaps a stupid reason not to like it, but I use Networx to monitor internet traffic, doesn't look like I can run the graph in the toolbar on win 10 like I can on 7.

Maybe, but is my favorite MS os so far. Win2000 Pro probably my second favorite.

Perhaps a stupid reason not to like it, but I use Networx to monitor internet traffic, doesn't look like I can run the graph in the toolbar on win 10 like I can on 7.
Win7 was good, no doubt. But, if you only fired up 10 and ran it without pulling down all of the updates, it's an inaccurate assesment since they have added a lot of features since its initial release. If you sign up for the early access develop stuff, even better. Admittedly, I despised 10 the first time I saw it. But, after a couple of days, I grew to like it much better than I did 7.

Sounds like you need to update your toolset. ;)

Sounds like you need to update your toolset. ;)
Looks like the issue was user headspace and timing. Forgot there was a toolbar I had to enable for it, been so long since I installed it.