AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Daily Thoughts

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
i haven't been here in a while and everything is different! i need to get better at not taking breaks from things.

also it's cold and rainy af which my soul is loving but my sinuses are pretty damn upset about.

I sure wish I had a bag of popcorn while I'm sitting here watching this presidential debate!

I can't stop watching Rico Famosa Latina. I get to learn another language, and consume junky reality TV at the same time! It's so addicting! ... and it feels strangely productive.

I think ACF is trying to tell me something, but I'm not sure what 🤔😄
View attachment 85806
We had to upgrade the forum software this morning, and this is one of the new things that I'm not thrilled about. I wish the badge was only there if we had something new. I don't like the 0. And it keeps flashing on and off? Gonna look into it to see what's up.

We had to upgrade the forum software this morning, and this is one of the new things that I'm not thrilled about. I wish the badge was only there if we had something new. I don't like the 0. And it keeps flashing on and off? Gonna look into it to see what's up.

Just don't take away the ' You are ignoring content by this member.' thing.

It helps me to keep out of so many arguments with those who are 'never' wrong. :)

------

Ugh... Why did I have fast food for lunch. Never again.

Just don't take away the ' You are ignoring content by this member.' thing.
We aren't planning to take away anything. The new update just seems to have a different look and some different behaviors of buttons n' stuffs.

Also there's a new "similar threads" feature at the bottom of the page, and also auto-suggested when someone starts a new thread.

Yeah, okay. I eventually discovered some other new stuff and realized the forum had an upgrade while I looked the other way. +1 on not being thrilled. Seems a bit noisy, visually speaking.
But it's less than a nitpick in the grand scheme of things. Everything else here is just so polished 😊

@AmberCutie

In my main browser this is what I see (Opera, image attached)
In Chrome and Brave it looks like normal.

I cleared cache and cookies in Opera. Short of doing a browser reset, the forum looks all wonky.

6548.PNG

@AmberCutie

In my main browser this is what I see (Opera, image attached)
In Chrome and Brave it looks like normal.

I cleared cache and cookies in Opera. Short of doing a browser reset, the forum looks all wonky.

View attachment 85807
I had that this morning, too. (in chrome.) But a browser cache clear fixed it for me.

Reactions: DoD404
I think ACF is trying to tell me something, but I'm not sure what 🤔😄
View attachment 85806
Looks like there's a known issue and the developer is working on it, but for now, we have disabled it in a way that you'll only see a new alert badge there when you reload the page. Once it's fixed we'll reenable it so it alert-badges us in real time. :)

Reactions: CheeseMoon
I had that this morning, too. (in chrome.) But a browser cache clear fixed it for me.
same in firefox, clear cache fixed it fine (CTRL-F5)

and '0' notification disappeared today ;)

I use FF and MS Edge (the new version based off Chromium) and have noticed similar. It's really wonky on mobile FF and with the small screen it constantly looks like I have new alerts only to be severely disappointed there isn't. :p

A lot of people online are using the term gas lighting, when they get into minor disagreements these days. Even though, my understanding of the term was that it was originally from domestic abuse situations, where serious physical abuse, and mental manipulation are going on. Anyways, regardless of how it's now used, and what it now means, every time someone uses it I automatically get this picture in my mind, of a bunch of Frat guys, sitting around lighting their farts on fire. I wish I could get that association out of my mind, because now I can't participate in serious discussions, where people are getting upset, because of laughing, and having this stupid Frat boy image in my mind..

Sidenote; Idk if anyone has ever tried the fart thing, but I have it on good authority that sometimes the asshole sucks them partially back up, once they are already lit, and you can burn your butthole bad. Just saying. Lots of people don't know that. Lol, that's my high brow thought for the day.

Last edited:
A lot of people online are using the term gas lighting, when they get into minor disagreements these days. Even though, my understanding of the term was that it was originally from domestic abuse situations, where serious physical abuse, and mental manipulation are going on. Anyways, regardless of how it's now used, and what it now means, every time someone uses it I automatically get this picture in my mind, of a bunch of Frat guys, sitting around lighting their farts on fire. I wish I could get that association out of my mind, because now I can't participate in serious discussions, where people are getting upset, because of laughing, and having this stupid Frat boy image in my mind..

Sidenote; Idk if anyone has ever tried the fart thing, but I have it on good authority that sometimes the asshole sucks them partially back up, once they are already lit, and you can burn your butthole bad. Just saying. Lots of people don't know that. Lol, that's my high brow thought for the day.

That's been my understanding as well where the person uses the other's statements/arguments against them to second guess themselves which then becomes manipulative and controlling due to low self-esteem. Though, physical abuse doesn't have to occur. Like anything, people will twist the definition of it into something they don't fully understand. I'd say more. But, I don't want to get into a debate about a certain viewpoint.

As to the mental picture, here's a new one for you: Given 2020 is the year of the dumpster fire, picture someone lighting their farts on fire with that. ;)

• Funny!
Reactions: MarieElise
That's been my understanding as well where the person uses the other's statements/arguments against them to second guess themselves which then becomes manipulative and controlling due to low self-esteem. Though, physical abuse doesn't have to occur. Like anything, people will twist the definition of it into something they don't fully understand. I'd say more. But, I don't want to get into a debate about a certain viewpoint.

As to the mental picture, here's a new one for you: Given 2020 is the year of the dumpster fire, picture someone lighting their farts on fire with that. ;)

Just from my personal online experience I found that those who over use the terms gas lighting and gate keeping generally get themselves into a losing argument. So they usually resort to name calling or accusing you of being something negative of which you are not. They just need to admit when they are wrong, lick their wounds and learn to walk away from something that they have no understanding of. Or better yet, do some factual research first before getting into a topic or issue.

Just from my personal online experience I found that those who over use the terms gas lighting and gate keeping generally get themselves into a losing argument. So they usually resort to name calling or accusing you of being something negative of which you are not. They just need to admit when they are wrong, lick their wounds and learn to walk away from something that they have no understanding of. Or better yet, do some factual research first before delving into a topic or issue.

Yep, my experience as well in regards to people acting that way. That being said, it's not always them who have facts wrong. There's plenty of people out there who refuse to see they're blatantly wrong, even when you point out facts to them from very credible sources. In those cases, it can be a catch-22 status. You're better off just leaving the debate/discussion because you'll have better results bashing your head into a brick wall. But, on the other hand, if you do then you help to reinforce them feeling right/correct because you just gave up. BTW, I've seen this more in political discussions than I have anything else and the Red/Blue side doesn't matter because they both have them...

I am not as experienced as either of you with online forums and what these terms even mean in the online forum context, although now I have a partial understanding of dumpster fire, and maybe gaslighting (thanks), in these contexts. I think the issue is that I am obsessed with only looking at urban dictionary for my definitions of terms, and sometimes you get like 5 slightly different definitions of the same term. A few of which might not even be very correct at all. Hopefully, the owner (s)of Urban dictionary doesn't sign up to ACF now, and come accuse me of gaslighting, with that last statement 😆.

The literary/ linguistic struggles of anxious OCD are real. I'm so much more comfortable in the fart realm. For the rest of this year I refuse to talk about anything else serious, if it doesn't have to do with farts, aliens, food, sports, ridiculous jokes or boners, I'm not interested :haha:.

Yep, my experience as well in regards to people acting that way. That being said, it's not always them who have facts wrong. There's plenty of people out there who refuse to see they're blatantly wrong, even when you point out facts to them from very credible sources. In those cases, it can be a catch-22 status. You're better off just leaving the debate/discussion because you'll have better results bashing your head into a brick wall. But, on the other hand, if you do then you help to reinforce them feeling right/correct because you just gave up. BTW, I've seen this more in political discussions than I have anything else and the Red/Blue side doesn't matter because they both have them...

When it comes to politics I do my best to try to change the topic, especially in cam rooms. I'm known as the 'chef' in most rooms I visit as of late as I'm just full of food ideas and recipes. :D

When it comes to politics I do my best to try to change the topic, especially in cam rooms. I'm known as the 'chef' in most rooms I visit as of late as I'm just full of food ideas and recipes. :D
Yeah, you mentioned cheesecake here a few weeks ago, and I have not been able to get it out of my mind since. That's a good thing though, cheesecake is the best, and thinking about it puts me in a good mood💚I love how a lot of stores sell those variety packs now, where you can get say 4 different types of cheesecake in one pack. Pure genius on their part.

Anyone else ever had a headache that lasted 2 weeks? I hope I don't have corona again, and that it's something else. That was 4-6 weeks of pure Hell. I hope I'm just being overly anxious, but I read that people are starting to get it twice. I'm probably stressing for nothing. Ahhh I can't handle the stress......... That newest Weird Al Yankovich video is so me rn!

• Hugs
Reactions: mike_aussie
Yes, in late March, and for the same reason you apparently had it last time. One month gone from memory. Poof.
Sanitize. Wear a mask. Stay home. Keep your distance!
Oh definitely, that goes without saying. Only a totally selfish, irresponsible moron would do anything otherwise. I've barely left my house for 7 mos now (I have chronic lung disease). I wear a mask, properly (covering both my nose and mouth), every time I go anywhere (which is not very often).

ETA; I think it was late March for me too, the first time. I never had to go to the hospital, but boy, it was 4-6 weeks of HELL!

• Hugs
Reactions: CheeseMoon