Besides the Robo Dwarf Hamster I had several years ago and adored (R.I.P., Gabriel)...and a couple of parakeets and some goldfish I had during my childhood, I've never really considered myself an animal person. Though this year I've found myself suddenly talking to the neighborhood cats, buying cat dishes and cat food to leave out for them, and bringing my chair outside so I can hang with them for a lil' bit. A former neighbor left her calico cat Trixie behind with the other people she'd been staying with next door, and after she'd moved out I'm pretty sure the other people in that house weren't even feeding Trixie at all.

I texted the chick and told her that after I get home from work I was bringing Trixie inside, and letting her stay the night here until I get a ride to take her to The Humane Society the next day. I fed her and let her watch General Hospital, etc. with me

'til she fell asleep. A friend of mine came by with her pet carrier the next day...we got her into it, and she gave me a ride to/from The Humane Society so that I didn't have to Uber/Lyft there. I kept the pictures and videos of Trixie in my phone.
I've started liking/following Facebook pages of different people who rescue/foster kittens, and I'm "Awww!"ing at all those videos. And when I happen to be near a pet store when I'm out and about, I do like to walk in to just peek at the hamsters, and peek at the cats in the adoption center in the back.
Speaking of dreams...a while ago I had a bad dream of my teeth falling out.


And then sometime after that, I had a dentist tell me I need to get a mouth guard because I'll break my teeth if I continue grinding them.