AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Daniele Watts cuffed and detained for being in public maybe?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Daniele Watts cuffed and detained for being in public ma

Nordling said:
The argument, "if you're not doing anything wrong, then..." sounds an awful lot like some folks' attitude toward government wiretapping, and other snooping by the NSA and other such agencies.

There's a world of difference between an agency unlawfully using subterfuge to gain personal information about me that I wouldn't consent to sharing and me deciding to hand over my ID to a police officer because I've been wrongfully accused of something and would rather co-operate, be quickly found innocent of any wrongdoing and go about my day than kick up shit and purposefully make things difficult for the both of us because of some vague distrust of "the man"

LilyEvans said:
So doing lewd acts on a street when children could be passing by has no victims? If someone could see what they were doing clearly enough to call the police it's obvious that someone saw it who did not want to see it. Exposing yourself to someone who has not consented is sexual assault and sexual harassment.

You are on record as saying.

LilyEvans said:
You shouldn't be getting your tits out when random kids are around anyway, especially not with a webcam on. Camming in a library: tread carefully. Camming at a playground: probably a really fucking stupid and irresponsible idea.

That sounds like you are okay with video taped lewd acts in libraries, do you just have problems with streets? Also there is still no proof of anything lewd going on either, I could not see anything in those pictures.

mynameisbob84 said:
Nordling said:
The argument, "if you're not doing anything wrong, then..." sounds an awful lot like some folks' attitude toward government wiretapping, and other snooping by the NSA and other such agencies.

There's a world of difference between an agency unlawfully using subterfuge to gain personal information about me that I wouldn't consent to sharing and me deciding to hand over my ID to a police officer because I've been wrongfully accused of something and would rather co-operate, be quickly found innocent of any wrongdoing and go about my day than kick up shit and purposefully make things difficult for the both of us because of some vague distrust of "the man"

I get in forum of primarily young people involved in a outside the mainstream rebellious industry there is strong libertarian and general "fuck the man" attitude. I share the outrage over the crap the NSA and other government agency have done. But it is important to make a distinction between the NSA and average beat cop just trying to their job. This case is clearly the latter.

Anarchy makes for better TV shows than it does in real life.

Shaun__ said:
LilyEvans said:
So doing lewd acts on a street when children could be passing by has no victims? If someone could see what they were doing clearly enough to call the police it's obvious that someone saw it who did not want to see it. Exposing yourself to someone who has not consented is sexual assault and sexual harassment.

You are on record as saying.

LilyEvans said:
You shouldn't be getting your tits out when random kids are around anyway, especially not with a webcam on. Camming in a library: tread carefully. Camming at a playground: probably a really fucking stupid and irresponsible idea.

That sounds like you are okay with video taped lewd acts in libraries, do you just have problems with streets? Also there is still no proof of anything lewd going on either, I could not see anything in those pictures.

It isn't the cops jobs to figure out if there is proof of something, that is what we have a court system to resolve. There was a complaint and couple in a car doing more than just talking. That is ample cause to ask the folks for IDs. What do you think the cops should have done differently?

He should have arrested them both for lewd behavior, if he believed there may have been substance to the unknown (so far) witnesses complaints. Their identity should not even be an issue. Random tourists, street people, john and prostitute, hollywood actor and her chef boyfriend...none of this should matter if the cop had strong enough convictions to pester two people...either arrest or move on.

"Oh, you're Yahoody? Sorry to bother you ma'am."

I know this thread has died, which is prolly good, but I have one more thing to add. I just read something that makes me believe miss Watts was on her cell phone during part of the time of this interaction. I do not know if that was the case, but if so it was disrespectful IMhO. If you are on the phone when someone starts talking to you, you tell the person you will call them back, and you don't call someone while someone is talking to you. I'm big on respect, and when it comes to respect, you should not expect to get what you are not willing to give.

http://www.newser.com/story/206368/djan ... autotweet1

Django Unchained Actress Must Apologize to Cops
PLEA DEAL REQUIRES HER TO SAY SORRY FOR RACIAL PROFILING ACCUSATIONS

I said in an earlier post that if Ms. Watts was correct in her "racial profiling" accusations, I would come back here and post an apology. Looks like she will be the one apologizing. She's lucky that she's getting probation and that she does not have to pay the City's legal cost for this case, considering that if she acted like an adult the incident wouldn't have become an "incident" and would have ended that day.

schlmoe said:
http://www.newser.com/story/206368/django-unchained-actress-must-apologize-to-cops.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=autotweet1

Django Unchained Actress Must Apologize to Cops
PLEA DEAL REQUIRES HER TO SAY SORRY FOR RACIAL PROFILING ACCUSATIONS

I said in an earlier post that if Ms. Watts was correct in her "racial profiling" accusations, I would come back here and post an apology. Looks like she will be the one apologizing. She's lucky that she's getting probation and that she does not have to pay the City's legal cost for this case, considering that if she acted like an adult the incident wouldn't have become an "incident" and would have ended that day.

I personally think a court ordered apology is meaningless. It has to come unenforced to be sincere. But maybe it will help her realize what an idiot she was that day as she signs the apology her publicist writes up for her.

Do we live in a nation that can order apologies now? Fuck that. Charge her with slander if necessary, but a court ordered apology is a misuse of our judicial system. I don't even order my toddler to apologize for things. I respect her enough as a human to let her decide when she is or is not sorry.

JickyJuly said:
Do we live in a nation that can order apologies now? Fuck that. Charge her with slander if necessary, but a court ordered apology is a misuse of our judicial system. I don't even order my toddler to apologize for things. I respect her enough as a human to let her decide when she is or is not sorry.

Court-ordered apologies are nothing new, and, in this case, she agreed to apologize as part of a plea agreement.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE

JickyJuly said:

I remember having to make quite a few apologies as a kid, and also received more than few. I think the sincerity is beside the point. The pain of having to look someone in the eye and say you were right and I was wrong was pretty strong deterrent to doing it again. On the other side accepting apologies always was pretty cool.

Generally, judges give these unconventional punishment as alternative to jail time. So Ms. Watts would rather go to jail that's an option.

Reactions: weirdbr and Sevrin

HiGirlsRHot said:
JickyJuly said:

I remember having to make quite a few apologies as a kid, and also received more than few. I think the sincerity is beside the point. The pain of having to look someone in the eye and say you were right and I was wrong was pretty strong deterrent to doing it again. On the other side accepting apologies always was pretty cool.

Generally, judges give these unconventional punishment as alternative to jail time. So Ms. Watts would rather go to jail that's an option.
Should apologizing really be used as a deterrent for bad behavior though? I avoid the whole thing with my little monster because I don't want apologizing to feel like a punishment. Remorse is a feeling. Remorse should be painful, and apologizing should be an act to bring closure to it. I always felt SUPER awkward when people had to apologize to me though. So, no part of that scenario ever went nicely for me. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I think this woman should probably apologize for what she said. But, court ordered apologies seems insane to me. Treating the perpetrator of a crime as a child and acting like apologies fix anything other than feelings is just silliness.

JickyJuly said:
Should apologizing really be used as a deterrent for bad behavior though? I avoid the whole thing with my little monster because I don't want apologizing to feel like a punishment. Remorse is a feeling. Remorse should be painful, and apologizing should be an act to bring closure to it. I always felt SUPER awkward when people had to apologize to me though. So, no part of that scenario ever went nicely for me. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I think this woman should probably apologize for what she said. But, court ordered apologies seems insane to me. Treating the perpetrator of a crime as a child and acting like apologies fix anything other than feelings is just silliness.

Interesting, yours is a different perspective. It work on both sides for me, its made it pretty easy for me to apologize even when I think I'm only mostly to blame and it was hard for me to stay really angry at someone if they apologized (even if I suspected it wasn't 100% sincere.

While public shaming is somewhat unusual it has been around for centuries. This picture from this article is an example. http://www.nationaljournal.com/dome...-shaming-be-good-criminal-punishment-20130909 Perhaps its silly, and experts are divided how effective it is. I think compared to the alternatives it is a good idea. The judge could fine her more which for disturbing the peace is probably only $500 or $1,000, a few hours pay for high profile actress. Give her more community service doubtful that would do much good, and putting her in California overcrowded jail system clearly is waste of resources. Public shaming is probably too sensitive a topic to bring up on this forum. I'll just point out what she did is illegal and what camgirls do generally isn't.

Reactions: PunkInDrublic

Listen, all of you are looking at the "apology" from the wrong angle. When we (normal, rational people) hear the word "apology", the first thought is usually of a moral nature. I did wrong, so I apologize to the aggrieved party.

In the legal arena, it's totally different. The actress in question made claims against the police department that turned out to be untrue. So she agreed to "apologize" for making those untrue statements. We all know that it is not going to be a sincere apology. As someone stated earlier, she will sign a statement that a spin doctor wrote for her. That is unimportant and not really the point. The prosecution pushed for the "apology" for 2 reasons: the Police Department's reputation was at risk due to her statements AND it is on the public record that she lied.

The 2nd reason is a big deal. 2 years, 5 years, 10 years from now, if she makes similar claims, she will have zero credibility. In fact, if she brings a lawsuit against almost anyone for any reason, her opponent will be able to point to this court action. If she was a regular person (non-celebrity), this could very well impact her ability to land and keep a job.

This is the same reason when companies (and individuals) settle civil lawsuits, they almost always include a public statement that will have "we admit no wrongdoing..." in it. Companies and individuals do not want to have "I did wrong" or "I lied" in the public record.

Cassidy Nicole said:
The first page of this thread reminded me of this

Care to elaborate on that? I went back and reread the first page and didn't notice any conclusions being jumped to. Most comments about the case were spot on and supported by direct evidence that's never been proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.