AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Dealing with Burn-Out as a Cam-Model

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaia_Mommy

Cam Model
Oct 26, 2021
The Interwebs
gaiamommy.cammodels.com
Twitter Username
@Gaia_Mommy
MFC Username
Gaia_Mommy
Streamate Username
GaiaMommy
Hi guys! I'm a new model without verified status, so I thought I'd post this here until now!
I just started a little over a month ago on MFC and was extremely fortunate to have rapidly grown my own following in a relatively small amount of time. At one point I was rank like 1313 or something- which is kind of crazy to me considering my actual online streaming time is probably consecutively like 2 weeks on camera. Anyway- with that said- I've never even really modeled at all before, so all the attention, albeit somewhat empowering, was very overwhelming for me. I guess at a certain point, once you reach a certain level of fame, you just get used to it. But right now, even as a baby cam model I am worn out lol. This job really does require your full undivided attention. It's definitely rewarding and can be a lot of fun sometimes- but honestly sometimes things just do get to you. At least that's true for me. And at this point, I really can't imagine how models with high traffic feel about burn-out lol.

So, how do you guys deal with it? Whether you're a new model like me or have been doing this for a while, what do you do? I feel like maybe burn-out is one of the biggest hurdles for new sexworkers no matter what they do.

Reactions: Onfirebigman
I don't understand what exactly means "burn-out", but guiding me on google translator... (sorry english it's not my main language)

Well I have an schedule, I rest 2 or 3 days at week, sometimes it's very exhausting be on cam 2 or 3 hours every night, and more when you cum up to 3 times, I finish exhausted. Some times I have not option and need to be online every day at week, that's happen when tips are low, and need to hit the CB goal to get my earnings

I don't understand what exactly means "burn-out", but guiding me on google translator... (sorry english it's not my main language)

Well I have an schedule, I rest 2 or 3 days at week, sometimes it's very exhausting be on cam 2 or 3 hours every night, and more when you cum up to 3 times, I finish exhausted. Some times I have not option and need to be online every day at week, that's happen when tips are low, and need to hit the CB goal to get my earnings
Burn-out essentially just means like getting bored of the job or feeling worn out by it.
I typically am online for 7.5 hours a day, and am trying to consistently do 4 days a week. That's about 30 hours a week, and then I rest for 3 days. I'm also a student though so I have school on the side, lol. It's just a lot, honestly.
Do you ever feel like you don't want to get on camera because you're in a bad mood? Where you ever at a point where you were so worn out when you first started?

Reactions: GraysonDrake
Do you ever feel like you don't want to get on camera because you're in a bad mood? Where you ever at a point where you were so worn out when you first started?

Yes and no, because it's money xD.

But sometimes I get bored of some dudes than cause me anxiety, but they tips very well. In my situation it's only fatigue, but I think I cannot endure more than 5 hours daily, with 2 hours its so tired for me D:

Yes and no, because it's money xD.
Lol I know right

But sometimes I get bored of some dudes than cause me anxiety, but they tips very well. In my situation it's only fatigue, but I think I cannot endure more than 5 hours daily, with 2 hours its so tired for me D:
It's so draining lol. I sit there 7 hours straight talking to dudes. It's a lot. It was a lot when I started as I kept getting some pretty bad trolls. But it wasn't that often. I'm a little more used to it but I feel like top models have to have nerves of steel or something to do this everyday. -Or maybe their army of followers wards them off from the annoying people on these sites lol
It can definitely be anxiety inducing- especially as a new model who doesn't really know how the site works/how it all works in general lol. It's easy to feel pressured by guys.

Burn-out essentially just means like getting bored of the job or feeling worn out by it.
I typically am online for 7.5 hours a day, and am trying to consistently do 4 days a week. That's about 30 hours a week, and then I rest for 3 days. I'm also a student though so I have school on the side, lol. It's just a lot, honestly.

I'd say 30 hours a week is on the high end of the amount of camming the average model does so no wonder you're feeling burned out! And combined with school-wow!

I keep my offline time as chill as possible. I don't interact with members outside of my time spent online. My best advice is find a balance with your real life and camming life. If I'm in a bad mood I don't go online and just shoot a clip or something. I find if I go on in a bad mood I gradually become more and more drained and unpleasant lol.

I'd say 30 hours a week is on the high end of the amount of camming the average model does so no wonder you're feeling burned out! And combined with school-wow!

I keep my offline time as chill as possible. I don't interact with members outside of my time spent online. My best advice is find a balance with your real life and camming life. If I'm in a bad mood I don't go online and just shoot a clip or something. I find if I go on in a bad mood I gradually become more and more drained and unpleasant lol.
I honestly thought that was normal lol! I have been hustling tbh. I have days set where I either cam the whole day or do homework haha. I'll be honest right now this is my only source of income so I'm trying to push it and grow as fast as I can so I get to a point where I know bills will be paid even if Im being lazy- hence being online so often.

But honestly yeah- I feel the whole mood souring as the week progresses lmao. I think my sanity is the most valuable thing here so I think I'm gonna cut back my hours for sure.

Ddaaaaamn, 30 hours AND school sounds like A LOT 😴 very understandable you're tired..
I never streamed 7,5 hours - think my longest stream was 6 hours and I was sooo exhausted afterwards, and I'm not even sure it worked 'better' than my normal 4-max 5 hours streams.
I would probably try to find out which hours are the most beneficial and fun (high traffic/tips/regulars etc), and do some shorter streams. Personally I become a giaaaant brat if I'm too exhausted, which can be fun BUT sometimes maybe not so charming.. 😱

Ddaaaaamn, 30 hours AND school sounds like A LOT 😴 very understandable you're tired..
I never streamed 7,5 hours - think my longest stream was 6 hours and I was sooo exhausted afterwards, and I'm not even sure it worked 'better' than my normal 4-max 5 hours streams.
I would probably try to find out which hours are the most beneficial and fun (high traffic/tips/regulars etc), and do some shorter streams. Personally I become a giaaaant brat if I'm too exhausted, which can be fun BUT sometimes maybe not so charming.. 😱
When I first started I would stream 9 hours haha... Damn I really had no idea I was doing too much lol. I honestly thought this was normal... but maybe Ive been comparing myself to top models too much lol. Yeah I'm definitely gonna take the advice and cut back for sure. I might be trying to overachieve lol.

When I first started I would stream 9 hours haha... Damn I really had no idea I was doing too much lol. I honestly thought this was normal... but maybe Ive been comparing myself to top models too much lol. Yeah I'm definitely gonna take the advice and cut back for sure. I might be trying to overachieve lol.
ufff yeah, I streamed 50 hours the first week, but then NEVER again hahaha! But I also get it, more hours means more tips, and more followers etc. Just have to find a balance :)

• Wat?!
Reactions: Gaia_Mommy
ufff yeah, I streamed 50 hours the first week, but then NEVER again hahaha! But I also get it, more hours means more tips, and more followers etc. Just have to find a balance :)
Goddam xD
yeah, More time=more money is how I see it right now, but you're right lol. I need to keep my sanity in check.

One thing that really helps me, if I'm not 'on the clock' in some way, I do not even think about work. I know MFC is different than SM, and that of course there's a ton of offline stuff to do! But spending every second of your day that isn't schoolwork focused on camming? You will go nuts! I try and block everything that makes me think about workif it's really bad, so no forums, no discord groups, no nothing!

I don't think I've ever streamed a full day like that. I would die lol. I would cut cam time in half. Use other hours that were spending camming on building up content and fan sites and social media. My end game is to not cam much at all and to make content so I can free up some energy and time.

I am a cam model in grad school, I intern, and I am a single mom of 3. I am burnt out in just about EVERYTHING lol. My advice is to create a schedule. Schedule every single part of your day, right down to the minute, and stick to it. That way, you aren't overextending yourself in any area and the job becomes routine.

Initially when I started camming, I got a huge energy rush and drain from it because I was naked for the world to see and it was new and novel. Then I started getting used to it, which made me feel like I was being boring, so i constantly stressed about show ideas and how to make it interesting. I am on my 3rd year now and I don't bother with much. I just show up. Sip my team, listen to tunes, chat with my room about topics i like, develop connections, and orgasm. I make it my chill time, my "me" time away from my busy chaotic life.

💗💗

One thing that really helps me, if I'm not 'on the clock' in some way, I do not even think about work. I know MFC is different than SM, and that of course there's a ton of offline stuff to do! But spending every second of your day that isn't schoolwork focused on camming? You will go nuts! I try and block everything that makes me think about workif it's really bad, so no forums, no discord groups, no nothing!
I've definitely been comparing myself to top models too much. I honestly thought I was supposed to be streaming even more! But I think that's just cause the models I've been looking at have schedules where they stream 6 days a week for like 12 hours. But those are models that have actually made this a full-time career. This thread definitely brought me to reality lol.

I don't think I've ever streamed a full day like that. I would die lol. I would cut cam time in half. Use other hours that were spending camming on building up content and fan sites and social media. My end game is to not cam much at all and to make content so I can free up some energy and time.

I am a cam model in grad school, I intern, and I am a single mom of 3. I am burnt out in just about EVERYTHING lol. My advice is to create a schedule. Schedule every single part of your day, right down to the minute, and stick to it. That way, you aren't overextending yourself in any area and the job becomes routine.

Initially when I started camming, I got a huge energy rush and drain from it because I was naked for the world to see and it was new and novel. Then I started getting used to it, which made me feel like I was being boring, so i constantly stressed about show ideas and how to make it interesting. I am on my 3rd year now and I don't bother with much. I just show up. Sip my team, listen to tunes, chat with my room about topics i like, develop connections, and orgasm. I make it my chill time, my "me" time away from my busy chaotic life.

💗💗
I have so much respect for models that are also mothers. And you're also a grad student! I really applaud you for being able to juggle everything that you're doing on your end, and from the sound of it, it seems you're doing so as efficiently as you can. Wowwow!!
That pathway sounds familiar lol. I think im also in that phase where I've gotten used to the adrenaline rush from camming and now I'm worried I'm being boring lol. But yeah, I guess I should just chill about it and cut my hours, seriously. The members that actually like us will be there no matter what anyway lol

I've definitely been comparing myself to top models too much.
I recommend stop paying attention to what top models are doing. Don't watch any cams. That way you don't compare yourself to them. Those models are on a different experience level than you. I don't mean to sound harsh, it's just they have been at this a lot longer than you. They have built an audience and reputation.

When I was new, watching cams definitely encouraged burnout. I would see people doing better than me and I would get really hard on myself for not being better, hotter, ect.

Focus on your room and your goals.

I recommend stop paying attention to what top models are doing. Don't watch any cams. That way you don't compare yourself to them. Those models are on a different experience level than you. I don't mean to sound harsh, it's just they have been at this a lot longer than you. They have built an audience and reputation.

When I was new, watching cams definitely encouraged burnout. I would see people doing better than me and I would get really hard on myself for not being better, hotter, ect.

Focus on your room and your goals.
No, you're definitely right. I don't think it's harsh at all, just real.
I would watch other cams just to get a feel for what they were doing and to get ideas for what to do for myself- which I don't think is entirely a bad thing. I like to watch girls my size just to see what they do, you know? It's actually really encouraging to see a chubbier girl like myself doing great! But of course I am not the models I've seen, and perhaps shouldn't let them influence my own business plan too much.
Still totally thought a 30 hour work week was normal because of that though lmao, and am glad I found out it is not.

Reactions: AudriTwo
No, you're definitely right. I don't think it's harsh at all, just real.
I would watch other cams just to get a feel for what they were doing and to get ideas for what to do for myself- which I don't think is entirely a bad thing. I like to watch girls my size just to see what they do, you know? It's actually really encouraging to see a chubbier girl like myself doing great! But of course I am not the models I've seen, and perhaps shouldn't let them influence my own business plan too much.
Still totally thought a 30 hour work week was normal because of that though lmao, and am glad I found out it is not.
oh yeah, show ideas, or get an idea of what others in your niches charge, or cheerleading your fellow models success. thats totes fine. once you start comparing yourself to them, jealous thoughts, or insecurity- get out of there.

it's also important to check out the models who aren't on the top too. around you in camscore, or a camscore you would like to achieve. success is measured differently.

or get an idea of what others in your niches charge
It was mostly this as I honestly had no idea of what I was worth lol. Which sounds bad- but my first like week of streaming I just wanted to do it and so dove in head-first without a tip menu and told people to just shout for what they wanted and Id give them an off the top pf my head price. It was fucking chaos lol. It was pretty fun though, and I figured I was new and had to be relatively cheap anyway so it worked for the time lmao.

But yeah- I mean watching other cam models making $$$$ while you sit there in your room with like 7 people can make anyone feel insecure. I just try to focus on how I can improve myself with pointers from this model whenever I watch someone lol. Watching other models in my camscore range is good advice though, and I didn't think of that!

Reactions: AudriTwo
When I first started I would stream 9 hours haha...

OMG D:

Only a few times I barely endure 4 hours and ending resting for 2 days D: , but I stayed so long because nights like that have a lot of tippers, that nights worth the effort. But when I'm for 2 hours and no tips, it's so frustrating and tired.

My end game is to not cam much at all and to make content so I can free up some energy and time.

x2

I still working in how to make content, but, I don't know how to do it :(. My photos my videos looks so awful for me, it's not for the photo quality, I think are the lights, set up and poses, need to improve that.

I'm worried I'm being boring lol

In depends of you attitude and mood, I have 2 years in this and I have not been bored of this, I like to express my sexuality in this way. I get bored of some dudes, but, it's normal for me, I get bored of people easily, but if they pay for speak me and interact with me, I think I can endure that boringness of people that I have (yes I don't have a lot of friends lol )

It was mostly this as I honestly had no idea of what I was worth lol. Which sounds bad- but my first like week of streaming I just wanted to do it and so dove in head-first without a tip menu and told people to just shout for what they wanted and Id give them an off the top pf my head price. It was fucking chaos lol. It was pretty fun though, and I figured I was new and had to be relatively cheap anyway so it worked for the time lmao.

But yeah- I mean watching other cam models making $$$$ while you sit there in your room with like 7 people can make anyone feel insecure. I just try to focus on how I can improve myself with pointers from this model whenever I watch someone lol. Watching other models in my camscore range is good advice though, and I didn't think of that!

Same here, I watch other cams to have ideas, my first weeks was the same, it's like research on what to do in your room and make a tip menu and know what prices you need to put in. I watch trans girls for the same reason, it encourage me and I learn of them on how to improve your show. But some models don't like other models enter their room, they kick it out of the room when they notice you're a model lol. But I have make some friends and we help each other to increase traffic on ours rooms.

Only a few times I barely endure 4 hours and ending resting for 2 days D: , but I stayed so long because nights like that have a lot of tippers, that nights worth the effort. But when I'm for 2 hours and no tips, it's so frustrating and tired.
I knooow. My first two mights I was twerking for like 6 hours straight! I had to reeesssst my body lol.

Same here, I watch other cams to have ideas, my first weeks was the same, it's like research on what to do in your room and make a tip menu and know what prices you need to put in. I watch trans girls for the same reason, it encourage me and I learn of them on how to improve your show. But some models don't like other models enter their room, they kick it out of the room when they notice you're a model lol. But I have make some friends and we help each other to increase traffic on ours rooms.
Watching cams is good inspiration lol! And I wish I could make model friends but yeah, it seems most models aren't into that lol.

Watching cams is good inspiration lol! And I wish I could make model friends but yeah, it seems most models aren't into that lol.
psst you are on cammodel forum. met lots of friends here and other cammodel forum communities. we just gotta get to know you. we models usually have high walls :D

I usually stream for about 8 hours 5 days/week, but tbh being a cam model is my only hustle. Sometimes, I even streamed for 12 hours if I caught good traffic throughout my shift. I started camming 3 years ago and during this time, there were obviously a lot of moments when I felt tired or bored.

Regarding exhaustion, you need to find your balance. It is going to take a while and it differs for everybody, but keep this goal in mind. If you are getting bored, try to reinvent yourself as much as you can - this can mean new outfits, new games, new room decor, new music, new approach regarding the users. Anything that would press the refresh button basically. :D

I usually stream for about 8 hours 5 days/week, but tbh being a cam model is my only hustle. Sometimes, I even streamed for 12 hours if I caught good traffic throughout my shift. I started camming 3 years ago and during this time, there were obviously a lot of moments when I felt tired or bored.

Regarding exhaustion, you need to find your balance. It is going to take a while and it differs for everybody, but keep this goal in mind. If you are getting bored, try to reinvent yourself as much as you can - this can mean new outfits, new games, new room decor, new music, new approach regarding the users. Anything that would press the refresh button basically. :D
Thank you for the reply! What do you do during slow moments?
I'm trying to find ways to attract people to my room currently...

Honestly I think I wouldn't mind doing like 3 long streams a week or something then hopping on here and there throughout, but MFC has a camscore feature... and every hour you sit there making no tips can really hurt you lol.

Thank you for the reply! What do you do during slow moments?
I'm trying to find ways to attract people to my room currently...

Honestly I think I wouldn't mind doing like 3 long streams a week or something then hopping on here and there throughout, but MFC has a camscore feature... and every hour you sit there making no tips can really hurt you lol.
It's hard, but I try not to lose my patience - I either try to dance/tease in order to attract more traffic to my room... or watch funny cat videos in order to lift up my mood. There are always going to be slow days and you can't do anything about it besides hanging in there. It's not you, it's the traffic.

Maybe try to change your profile picture since that is the first glimpse that users get of you. Or if you notice you are staging, change your schedule. Experiment with it a little bit... maybe if you will work during the night you will see an improvement.

It's hard, but I try not to lose my patience - I either try to dance/tease in order to attract more traffic to my room... or watch funny cat videos in order to lift up my mood. There are always going to be slow days and you can't do anything about it besides hanging in there. It's not you, it's the traffic.

Maybe try to change your profile picture since that is the first glimpse that users get of you. Or if you notice you are staging, change your schedule. Experiment with it a little bit... maybe if you will work during the night you will see an improvement.
Thank you, I do think I was doing better when I was streaming at night. I'm just curious though, have you streamed full 40hour weeks your whole time camming for 3 years? I know that takes a mental toll, and you definitely sound seasoned lol.

Reactions: MallorieReese
Walking in the fresh air, visiting interesting places (in my case museums, galleries, cinema,) the gym, watching films, pages, channels that would motivate to make money, or give inspiration for this work, ideas.
Sometimes shopping is the purchase of beautiful lingerie, which you then want to demonstrate.
All individuals who are rude and spoil my mood in the chat - immediately go to the ban!
I try to create that atmosphere in my chat to which I would like to return and do only those things that are interesting to me.
Once every three months, with hard work for 7- 10 hours per day (earlier this was my schedule, and soon I plan to return to it) vacation about week - it is advisable to pamper yourself with an interesting trip, SPA, full relaxation.
MFC really requires a lot more energy than other sites. If it is very exhausting - try Streamate.
When regular visitors appear, it becomes more pleasant to come back online - you know what they are waiting for you, they love you there and it is interesting with them - they know you and you know them.
An even quieter site - CamContacts. The site works offline, you are distracted only when a member calls you to your private room. A great option for students - you do your homework and are distracted only by a paid call.

Thank you, I do think I was doing better when I was streaming at night. I'm just curious though, have you streamed full 40hour weeks your whole time camming for 3 years? I know that takes a mental toll, and you definitely sound seasoned lol.
Haha yes, it was! But it was totally worth it, I think being online for so many hours really made me more visible on the site and subsequently, increased my earnings. Yes, I usually stream up to 40 hours per week. I had periods of time when I even did 12-hours shifts lol. Redbulls helped a lot, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.