AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Deciding on Cam Career

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

itsfaye

Cam Model
Jul 15, 2018
usa
Streamate Username
missshoale
Chaturbate Username
cucpham
for those of you who cam full-time and rely on it for your main source of income, how did you decide it was the right choice for you? Was it all money based? Or personality based? Like, you enjoy being your own boss or you enjoy talking to people mainly through a screen or something.

It’s a mix of everything for me. It’s flexibility it offers, the ability to make a lot in less time, genuinely fun and enjoyable most of the time etc. Working online gives me the freedom to take time off so I don’t get overwhelmed or neglect my mental health as I have a long history with mental illness. My old vanilla jobs were very draining mentally and physically and it felt like I never had time to take care of myself. Now I can make x2 to even x4 times the amount in half the time and allows me to live the lifestyle I want. I love being my own boss and being able to call the shots. I also oddly enough, developed an interest in sex work when I was 13.

I think money draws a LOT of girls in, and once you stick with it for a few weeks, a lot of girls give up because it takes a lot of time and a decent amount of luck to really "lift off". I do this full-time and it's WORK. More than I expected, and I felt pretty prepared going in. It takes a whole lot of emotional energy, physical strength (from muscles you never thought would become sore) and patience. It's easy to get down on yourself, become discouraged, and want to give up or take the day off or do something that wouldn't be beneficial for your business- because being a camgirl is really running your own business. You have to build your platform, gain a following, and advertise yourself. My point is that money should probably be one of your smaller focuses, or, you should focus on something more immediately-rewarding.

That being said, I'm happy. I'm struggling and I've been at it for a little over two months now, but I've been able to pay my bills and carry on regularly. I also have been lenient with myself as a big part of my push to start was focusing on listening to my personal needs. If I put more days and hours in, I would be more successful- and I intend to. It's really easy to slack off and get off track. If you are up to the task, it really is rewarding.

It’s a mix of everything for me. It’s flexibility it offers, the ability to make a lot in less time, genuinely fun and enjoyable most of the time etc. Working online gives me the freedom to take time off so I don’t get overwhelmed or neglect my mental health as I have a long history with mental illness. My old vanilla jobs were very draining mentally and physically and it felt like I never had time to take care of myself. Now I can make x2 to even x4 times the amount in half the time and allows me to live the lifestyle I want. I love being my own boss and being able to call the shots. I also oddly enough, developed an interest in sex work when I was 13.
I’ve only worked parttime so far waitressing and it’s always been so mentally draining for me. There have been so many days where dragging myself to work seemed like the hardest thing ever and sometimes I would get my shift covered just because I didn’t think I could handle going that day. Like you said it’s great to be your own boss. Thanks for the reply :)

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
I think money draws a LOT of girls in, and once you stick with it for a few weeks, a lot of girls give up because it takes a lot of time and a decent amount of luck to really "lift off". I do this full-time and it's WORK. More than I expected, and I felt pretty prepared going in. It takes a whole lot of emotional energy, physical strength (from muscles you never thought would become sore) and patience. It's easy to get down on yourself, become discouraged, and want to give up or take the day off or do something that wouldn't be beneficial for your business- because being a camgirl is really running your own business. You have to build your platform, gain a following, and advertise yourself. My point is that money should probably be one of your smaller focuses, or, you should focus on something more immediately-rewarding.

That being said, I'm happy. I'm struggling and I've been at it for a little over two months now, but I've been able to pay my bills and carry on regularly. I also have been lenient with myself as a big part of my push to start was focusing on listening to my personal needs. If I put more days and hours in, I would be more successful- and I intend to. It's really easy to slack off and get off track. If you are up to the task, it really is rewarding.
It’s good to hear everything’s going well for you for the most part. I think taking a day or so off from anything is okay so I don’t think you should be hard on yourself for it! I get what you mean about it hurting your business though. Good luck and you can do it!

• Hugs
Reactions: aurakitty
Status
Not open for further replies.