AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Desktop Pc configuration

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2017
Romania
Twitter Username
@SophiestiqueX
MFC Username
SophiestiqueM
Chaturbate Username
Sophiestique
Hello! long story short, i upgraded my OS to windows 10, trying to broadcast thru OSB at 1080 on chaturbate, also on MFC and bongacams but not with OSB( using splitcam) and my CPU stays at 85ish% if i open spotify and maybe another webpage it goes straight to 100% . So I assume i need to upgrade CPU. Now the problem is i have no clue what type of CPU to get. currently i have I5 6600k so i assume ill have to go to an i7. well... from what i heard CPUs are compatible with some motherboards. how do i figure what CPU to get, to be ok with my motherboard? thank you

Reactions: SplitCam
A Windows 10 machine shouldn't use 85% CPU doing nothing, so changing the CPU probably won't help (much). When you check in the Task Manager, what process(es) is taking up so much processing time?

You probably need a $150 or so Nvidia card that has NVENC (x264 encoding in hardware). The oldest nvidia card with NVENC can do 1080i encoding just fine, the newest are rated to do good 4k encoding at several times real time speed. At 1080 you can pretty much turn on every high quality flag that exists and it will handle it just fine on just about any card with nvenc.

A card of this type (you could get a card that is about $30US cheaper, but it is a generation older, so not really enough cheaper).

About $200US: PNY NVIDIA Quadro T400 Single-Fan 2GB GDDR6 PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card

see: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/guides/broadcasting-guide/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_NVENC (the "T" in the above card is a 6th gen card).

The lowest card that will work is a geforce 730 DDR5 (make sure it is *NOT* ddr3, those will not encode) and costs about $70, I have one of these and it does a good job at 1080, and I have a really old weak cpu.

You probably need a $150 or so Nvidia card that has NVENC (x264 encoding in hardware). The oldest nvidia card with NVENC can do 1080i encoding just fine, the newest are rated to do good 4k encoding at several times real time speed. At 1080 you can pretty much turn on every high quality flag that exists and it will handle it just fine on just about any card with nvenc.

A card of this type (you could get a card that is about $30US cheaper, but it is a generation older, so not really enough cheaper).

About $200US: PNY NVIDIA Quadro T400 Single-Fan 2GB GDDR6 PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card

see: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/guides/broadcasting-guide/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_NVENC (the "T" in the above card is a 6th gen card).

The lowest card that will work is a geforce 730 DDR5 (make sure it is *NOT* ddr3, those will not encode) and costs about $70, I have one of these and it does a good job at 1080, and I have a really old weak cpu.
Thank you. I managed to fix CPU thing woth shine models browser. But yeah next step is a GPU so thank you so much for the advice. Gonna look into one that will allow me do 4k. It would be a pity not to use webcam at its full options.

Thank you. I managed to fix CPU thing woth shine models browser. But yeah next step is a GPU so thank you so much for the advice. Gonna look into one that will allow me do 4k. It would be a pity not to use webcam at its full options.

I would say the main perk of the brio is the 1080p 60fps rather than the 4k 30fps.

Reactions: Sophiestique
I'm not a trained IT tech, but around 15 years ago I had a second income hobby business buying and selling ex-corporate lease Lenovo and HP laptops and desktops.
Often buyers would request a RAM or hard drive upgrade, so I learned how to do all that.
While I've not kept up to date with latest hardware (or software for that matter), there is always a tipping point where the cost of upgrading a system item by item exceeds just buying a more recent device.
If you have deficiencies in performance of CPU, graphics card, RAM etc then each time you upgrade one area, that exposes the next weakest link in the chain, and so on.
Just a note of caution, consider cost of all necessary upgrades versus replacement - plus you may get a warranty, which could be a bonus when you rely on the device for your income.

I'm not a trained IT tech, but around 15 years ago I had a second income hobby business buying and selling ex-corporate lease Lenovo and HP laptops and desktops.
Often buyers would request a RAM or hard drive upgrade, so I learned how to do all that.
While I've not kept up to date with latest hardware (or software for that matter), there is always a tipping point where the cost of upgrading a system item by item exceeds just buying a more recent device.
If you have deficiencies in performance of CPU, graphics card, RAM etc then each time you upgrade one area, that exposes the next weakest link in the chain, and so on.
Just a note of caution, consider cost of all necessary upgrades versus replacement - plus you may get a warranty, which could be a bonus when you rely on the device for your income.
yeah well i figure its like a waterfall there, change one, figure other one needs upgrade. dunno how its in other countries but from what ive seen in romania is cheaper to get a configuration piece by piece and have it built( get waranty for each piece) than get an already built in, also already built in had waranty as whole. so u cant really replace one piece on ur own in case smth happens.

• Helpful!
Reactions: rockin_rod
i didnt understand that at all xD
haha let me try explain better.
i downloaded shine models browser. there is a page called broadcasting with a server and a stream key that you put in OBS. then on the browser new tab for each site( CB BC abd MFC for me). from each site, stream key goes in shine models broadcast page and they basically restream to each site using only one OBS. then in one page you have all members list, all public chat and pm's shine.jpg

@ShineModel is this normal behavior? is this a local rtmp split with a buffer perhaps?
Yes, it is normal.
As a rule, the delay is 5-7 seconds, but sometimes more. You need to check the settings in your OBS (there may be extra buffering). The quality of the Internet as a model, as well as the watching member, can also affect the delay.
If you write to us in support, then we will look at the parameters of the specific model, and perhaps we will find a solution that reduces the delay.

Yes, it is normal.
As a rule, the delay is 5-7 seconds, but sometimes more. You need to check the settings in your OBS (there may be extra buffering). The quality of the Internet as a model, as well as the watching member, can also affect the delay.
If you write to us in support, then we will look at the parameters of the specific model, and perhaps we will find a solution that reduces the delay.
thx will log on in a few minutes and will contact you on telegram! thx a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.