AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Desperately attempting to understand Clips4Sale's profile editor

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2022
Twitter Username
@faelarue
So uh, hey guys! I've been lurking for a few months now on this forum. I intended my first post here to be a little more introductory, but I'm finding myself really confounded by something, and I don't know how to fix it.

I searched around the forum for an answer to this specific problem, read several guides, everything-- and absolutely nothing has been said on this. It might just be something very simple that I am missing, but I am completely bamboozled by it.

So I changed the background and text colors on my Clips4Sale studio. No problems there, worked fine. Then I added some top text and a top banner just to get things started, and...

... Nothing. There is zero content. No image, no text. Nothing.

Here is a picture of what I see in the studio editor (please ignore my corny text, I'm really just using it to test):

30987a6e068a1c37b780b8a56590cad4.png

Aaaaand here, by contrast, is what I see on my page in the area where all that should be.

22be36087a88af28a170cc4de6500c68.png

A whole lotta nothing.

I'm verified and able to receive payments and everything-- I double-checked with staff just to make certain I was live after uploading my first clip.

So, uhm, yeah. What is... going on? Does it just take a really long time for the website to process images and top text? The only thing it indicated had a 24-hour delay was changing the video listing format. What am I screwing up here?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, or if it's been answered before. 😬 I really scoured the web and the forum before I posted but there was genuinely nothing, as if no one's ever had this problem.

Oh I had no idea! You saying that is the first I have heard of grid view hiding profile information in all of my research. Thank you.

And thanks for the advice! I've seen some people say that graphics on c4s are really vital for branding and seen others say it doesn't matter at all. I figured I'd at least slap something visually interesting up there to split the difference between both schools of thought without making it too much of a focus (the startup process of online sex work is stressful enough as it is). A lot of the info saying graphics were important was a bit outdated, though, so I'll favor your advice here.

Oh yeah, about gifs. The preview I constructed and the gif I downloaded from C4S prior to uploading had the gif starting at the place that my preview started, which is where I wanted it-- and then for some reason, now that it is on my store-front, it is starting not on the scene I chose but instead is just playing the first ten seconds of the video upon hover. What could have happened there?

Oh yeah, about gifs. The preview I constructed and the gif I downloaded from C4S prior to uploading had the gif starting at the place that my preview started, which is where I wanted it-- and then for some reason, now that it is on my store-front, it is starting not on the scene I chose but instead is just playing the first ten seconds of the video upon hover. What could have happened there?
It sounds like it's using the auto generated gif instead of yours. Under list clips edit your clip and check that it looks like this - your file should be under "image name"

wait when you say you downloaded the gif from c4s? Are you using their generator? In general i always have better luck making my own
Screenshot_20220713-183258_Chrome.jpg

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
I was indeed using their generator! I thought I had clipped a specific enough space of time for it to produce a more interesting gif, but in the future I'll definitely just put in the little bit of extra time to make my own gif. I appreciate your advice here a ton!

Okay, I have more Clips4Sale questions and thought I would just go ahead and re-use this thread to do so because I am having an embarrassing problem.

When I debuted my studio I got 27 hits, initially. That hit count dropped to 0 hits after about two weeks.

And stayed there.

I can't seem to find anyone else who has this situation. I have uploaded two more clips since dropping to zero, both of which feature tags both broad *and* niche, and neither of them have moved my hit count up. I even had a day where I had one sale, but no hits the day of that sale. Uh. What? How can that be true?

I would understand only getting like, a couple hits on an upload day-- it takes a while to build a reputation, after all-- but... zero? No matter what you upload? Is this normal when you're starting? I'm starting to get pretty frustrated and discouraged. People have complained of getting hundreds of hits and no sales, but I haven't seen anyone complain of getting one sale and NO hits. I've scoured the entire web trying to find even one person talking about never receiving any hits ever, not even after they upload, not even when uploading at prime hours. I don't do this badly on Twitter-- I am seen in the tags I use and my clickthrough rate is alright for a beginner-- so I am really confused. Even people who talked about doing this part time and barely ever uploading didn't seem to have consistently 0 views, every single day without variation.

I realize I am just starting, and I don't have a massive content bank, but even with that being true, 0 views whether you've uploaded that day or not doesn't seem normal.

Is there some secret time of day that it's better for beginners to post at, and I'm just missing it or something? I've posted both in the wee hours of the morning and square at 5pm EST, and the needle never moves.

Okay, I have more Clips4Sale questions and thought I would just go ahead and re-use this thread to do so because I am having an embarrassing problem.

When I debuted my studio I got 27 hits, initially. That hit count dropped to 0 hits after about two weeks.

And stayed there.

I can't seem to find anyone else who has this situation. I have uploaded two more clips since dropping to zero, both of which feature tags both broad *and* niche, and neither of them have moved my hit count up. I even had a day where I had one sale, but no hits the day of that sale. Uh. What? How can that be true?

I would understand only getting like, a couple hits on an upload day-- it takes a while to build a reputation, after all-- but... zero? No matter what you upload? Is this normal when you're starting? I'm starting to get pretty frustrated and discouraged. People have complained of getting hundreds of hits and no sales, but I haven't seen anyone complain of getting one sale and NO hits. I've scoured the entire web trying to find even one person talking about never receiving any hits ever, not even after they upload, not even when uploading at prime hours. I don't do this badly on Twitter-- I am seen in the tags I use and my clickthrough rate is alright for a beginner-- so I am really confused. Even people who talked about doing this part time and barely ever uploading didn't seem to have consistently 0 views, every single day without variation.

I realize I am just starting, and I don't have a massive content bank, but even with that being true, 0 views whether you've uploaded that day or not doesn't seem normal.

Is there some secret time of day that it's better for beginners to post at, and I'm just missing it or something? I've posted both in the wee hours of the morning and square at 5pm EST, and the needle never moves.
Maybe your view tracker is glitching too, I would write to support if you suspect that. I think it was broken and showing every store 0 views for a bit there.

ETA; Some stores get glitches on that site and some don't. Not all stores will experience the same glitches at the same time. For a while my new uploads weren't showing on the first page, and most other people here were. I contacted support, and eventually, it was resolved. But that site is notorious for having glitches that affect some stores and not others. I know for a fact from chatting here, and because I have 2 stores there.

Last edited:
Maybe your view tracker is glitching too, I would write to support if you suspect that. I think it was broken and showing every store 0 views for a bit there.

ETA; Some stores get glitches on that site and some don't. Not all stores will experience the same glitches at the same time. For a while my new uploads weren't showing on the first page, and most other people here were. I contacted support, and eventually, it was resolved. But that site is notorious for having glitches that affect some stores and not others. I know for a fact from chatting here, and because I have 2 stores there.
It would be such a relief if that turned out to be true! I thought I was just making some kind of critical mistake. It seems plausible, since I checked the analytics on a Twitter post where I'd plugged my store and confirmed that I'd gotten some clickthrough on my links. I'll shoot support an inquiry and see if that might be what's going on. Thank you for your insight.

Reactions: MarieElise
Status
Not open for further replies.