AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Diablo 2/3

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess my fear was/is I've been playing mass effect 3 and I had connection issues with that, and I didn't want to go from one game that I could only play at my friend's house to another game that I couldn't play at all. That'd be 120 dollars in gaming at least that would frustrate me. If the connection issues are gone then that is great and gets me closer to buying the game, it took over three weeks but I finally fixed the issue with ME3 (no help from them) so I'm just enjoying the fact that I can play that game again.

I've been having a blast with it so far.

I beat Act IV on normal yesterday with a Demon Hunter, not sure if I want to keep playing him or start up a different class.

Sweep, if you wanna play on a Guest Pass before you invest the money into the game, I have 3 of them. You won't be able to group with anyone but others playing on the guest pass and you're limited to the content up-to and including the Skeleton King and a level cap of 13 but everything you do will stay if you upgrade to a full retail copy. Just let me know! The offer goes to others as well. :)

I now have 3 characters in Act II because a friend wanted to play a couple chars together so I neglected my Demon Hunter yesterday. Want to fix that later today but have some stuff I need to do first.

Ok, so we got disconnected last night after killing Maghda and when we returned, all our Rare drops were gone. That was a little sad. :( So far I'd say my favorite part was The Butcher fight. It was fast paced and the most challenging boss fight yet. Good shit!

Here's my adorable little head shrinker.

Attachments

• Diablo GrapeJelly Lvl 18.jpg
    Diablo GrapeJelly Lvl 18.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 127
SweepTheLeg said:
I don't get why people want to rush and finish the game right away. what to do you get out of it? What does the man that get out of being the first one to beat the game in 12 hours? was there a contest? is he knee deep in girl nerd poon? a tshirt? what?
It's like getting a chance to sleep with your favorite celebrity, and then trying to get off as fast as possible. LOL. Blizzard really knows how to build up a good storyline, and I enjoyed taking it all in playing normal mode. Then going through nightmare mode I sped through since I already knew the story. Now it's off to hell mode, and all the dying that goes with it. :p

We just got disconnected again... hmm. Starting to wonder if this will be a frequent occurrence, since we actually lost a tad of progress on that one. It's a bit disconcerting.

Hrm... I guess I've been pretty lucky. We had a series of restarts Friday night that were a little annoying but we knew they were coming 5 mins ahead of time. Other than that, shit's been stable for me. Here's my character select page. Took me several tries to finish Act IV. The Prime Evil was the toughest fight so far. About the only really challenging one in Normal. Belial took a pair of attempts because I just didn't realize how a mechanic worked till I was too low on health but otherwise I just chugged on through normal on the Demon Hunter. Working my way through Nightmare mode on the DH now. The rare mobs are definitely getting trickier now and SK was actually a longish fight. May try to get to Act II of Nightmare this evening. :)

Attachments

• Diablo3_Chars_05-21-2012.jpg
    Diablo3_Chars_05-21-2012.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 115
Howdy folks,

I've been playing Diablo 3 since last Tuesday, so that's a whole week of playing and approximately 20-40 hours that I've played (about 25~ hours on the European servers and 15~ hours on the American servers). I'd like to think I have a decent grasp on giving my initial impressions of the games and commenting on various aspects of the game.

I've played Diablo, I've played Hellfire, even, and I did the Diablo 2 thing and the Lord of Destruction. I didn't do it like a diehard and go through all the levels of difficulty and farm bosses, but I like to think that I enjoyed them enough to have a good grasp on what Diablo is about. So, as I dislike any kind of review/first impression that doesn't have a sum up paragraph, here it goes for the 'tl;dr':

Diablo 3 is a Diablo game through and through. It delivers everything that I wanted from the next installment in a franchise that I have loved for many years. It improves upon Diablo 2 and the changes it gives me only help it, rather than hinder it. While the Always-On Internet requirement is problematic for some, it has not been for me, save for some server lag while playing on the American servers (dues to being European), but I understand why this is a problem for people. There also seems to be a problem with end-game loot and some combination of abilities. But, I believe that the hours of enjoyment from just a week that this game has given me really make these flaws less of an impact to myself and I hope that any major problems with balance (items, abilities, etc) can be fixed at a later date with content patches, as most Blizzard games.

Now, on to the actual impressions and personal experience. I started off firstly as a Barbarian, levelling him up to the end of Act I. I enjoyed beating away at things, causing enemies to be blown to pieces as I cleave through them. I felt that this really encompassed the idea of Diablo gameplay; continuous hack and slash through enemies. The start of Act I really didn't have enough big packs of enemies, but I understand that this is just because it was Act I. As I got deeper in, passed the Skeleton King and on my way to the Act I boss, I started finding myself more challenged by mob packs and was having a really good time, leaping about and using my skills most likely sub-optimally. After defeating the boss, which was a bit of a hectic fight due to subpar equipment and not sure what the hell was going on at the time, I started a new character after deciding to see if there was a better class for me.

So, I started up a Monk. Now, the monk just felt... better. In every way, I couldn't for the life of me tell what made the Monk and the barbarian on an even playing field. I gathered myself some nice equipment, rings and the like, some things with +life on hit and dual-wielded, using the primary attack with the teleport rune. I could not be stopped, I ploughed through enemies at a great rate. I'm not complaining about this, but again it felt that the monk was a bit overpowered in comparison to the Barbarian. I defeated the Skeleton King so easily it was like he was just another mob pack and then I went on to just doing the same with the Act I boss. The Monk did not leave me feeling unsatisfied, it left me thinking 'Huh, Barbarian was a bit weak'. I felt that the Monk was right for what I wanted to do (beat face), but I wanted to give the Demon Hunter a chance.

Starting up a Demon Hunter, I just felt the class was... so weak. I had no way to deal with packs of mobs early on, I had to constantly run away from enemies. I immediately switched back to Monk and went on to Act II to beat face.

The point I'm trying to make here is that I feel there is a disconnect between class balance at early level. The Demon Hunter is probably awesome later on, but at early levels it felt so slow. The curve at which I would get awesome abilities seemed to be different between the Monk and the Demon Hunter. I got to the Skeleton King boss fight and after running around a lot to avoid getting stomped in the face, I had made up my mind that the Monk was just better.

Gold seems to be a bit of a wavy point for me. On one hand, you get quite a bit from just picking it up off the floor (without clicking, which is awesome), but everything else you pick up sells for jack all coin. So you obviously just go and break down any magic items you have and don';t pick up any other items. That's fine, but you have to then waste your money on upgrading your blacksmith to justify the fact you're getting all this subtle essence. It's a bit of a trap, I think, that you sink all this gold into your blacksmith, but you can't use the shit you're investing in because it's too high level. Maybe that's just something I did, like a pillock. But, the Auction House is a feature I'm all on the upside for. If you don't go vomit money at your blacksmith, you can invest in really good gear from the Auction House. It does, however, mean that you may outgear the current challenge on normal, but it's really your choice to use the Auction House or not. Normal is about being able to just to cut a swathe through your enemies, rather than have any kind of challenge. It's normal mode, it's easy and fun.

The story wasn't bad. I think a lot of people complain about the story for trivial reasons. You don't go to Diablo to find a masterfully crafted story. It has a decent story, I didn't find it overbloated with people or have too corny lines. The premise was good and some of the characters were interesting. Sure, it was a bit predictable what was going to happen in Act III because it was obvious who you had to fight in Act IV, but I liked that there were a few subtle clues along the road with lore books and the like about some aspects of the story.

This leads on to Lore Books and Monster Lore. God damn, I love those things. I love collecting information where it talks to me. I find it fascinating and it just really adds a good depth to the game. Like there is something behind these enemies you're mercilessly slaughtering because they're disgusting demon scum.

Okay, I'm not really sure what I've rambled on about because I have a tendancy to write things from mind to screen and not actually remember what bullshit I've spouted. So, I'd like to go to the final point; community response. There has been a huge outcry by select members of the Diablo 3 community who are attempting to blow things out of preportion. Some of them have valid complaints and I'm not detracting from them, but they are not the ones shouting about it and spewing bile at the game and the developer. The Always-On Internet is a big problem with the game for some people because of their internet connection and because it's really shaky until Blizzard have fixed up their servers for a much more stable gameplay time. Having an offline single player would not have made the game better for me, but it would have been good for those people that wanted it. I can understand, however, why Blizzard didn't want an offline single player mode, due to wanting everything stored online and auction house, etc etc.

So, complaints about that, I can nod my head at and say, "Okay, that's' reasonable, if you use your inside voice and think about the shit you're saying before spewing hateful remarks". That's fine. I can understand that people are a bit disappointed that the end game items have balance problems. I'm sure if I got the Legendary Item of Coolness, I don't really want a Random Blue item being better, but hey. It's a patchable game and I hear that Blizzard patch games a fair bit. So, I hope that it will be fixed at the some point.

But, the worst complaints. I have had the misfortune of going to the Diablo 3 forums and seeing posts there. Posts that are filled with vitriol. Someone complained that after they had put 60 hours into the game, that Inferno Mode was just the same as Normal but harder. Those forums have so many posts like this that I am baffled as to what people want out of the game. These people put tens of hours into the game and then they complain that it cost £40. I don't know how much people think that their time is worth playing a game, but apparently it's more than £1.50 per hour. Maybe I just don't understand because I haven't played all the way though or maybe I just don't understand the general consumer now-a-days.

So... Yeah, that's about it. I really am enjoying Diablo 3. Like so much. I played 4 player co-op nightmare today and it was god damn awesome with so much going.

So, yeah. Level 37 Monk on Act II Nightmare. Some of the best times I've had in a long time.

~ Omnomicron

Attachments

• sylaan.png
    sylaan.png
    1,021.3 KB · Views: 105
You only have 2 posts but I believe you've already said more than me. ok going to go back to finish reading your post.

Good read, there is always going to be class imbalance especially at early levels and also sometimes how a person plays a class and how the class is supposed to be played also effect the outcome of a person's experience with a character. My friend and I enjoy watching each other play video games because we get to experience the exact opposite of what we would do and what we would play because our play styles are so different.

The people shouting are the people that would find anything to complain about and blow it out of proportion while I try to weave through the bullshit to find the quiet ones that are making the most sense. It's the same everywhere not just in video games.

I'm hearing barb has trouble at higher areas, and starting to feel it only half way through hell diff. I guess probly demon hunter next. My id is Khahla#6666 if anyone wants to play together

Attachments

• d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 94
Some pretty funny shit with a guy trolling in general chat today, saying how his wow guild cleared the latest heroic wow content in the first week, calling everyone noobs lol...

I asked what wow guild he's in cos I know a lot of the big guilds from back in the day, so he goes
"Blood Legion, scrub, I'm GM u heard of them I bet"
At this point I sprayed coffee all over my screen because - out of all the guilds he could have lied about being in he had to pick the number 4 guild in the world, number 1 in the US...one small issue, I was a main raider in Blood Legion, and know all the officers and many others and we still talk LOL, was grouped with their main tank yesterday in D3 hahahahhah.

Epic fail, lying about being in a guild I am/was a raider in, HAHHA! He stopped talking after that lol. Other funny thing is, BL doesn't really have a GM - GM is a placeholder, a shared account among officers lulz.

Jupiter551 said:
I'm hearing barb has trouble at higher areas, and starting to feel it only half way through hell diff. I guess probly demon hunter next. My id is Khahla#6666 if anyone wants to play together

Hah... as soon as I stepped into Act II on normal and had to chase down those stupid poison spitting wasps and leapers on my Barb I thought "Ehh... let's try a ranged class to gather up gear and level my smith." I've already swapped a lot of gear to Vitality + Strength on him and I suspect it would help dramatically but I think I'm going to keep trudging away on the Demon Hunter a bit more. Just took down Maghda on Nightmare this morning with her. Figure I'll get past Belial then work on another char some more to break up the monotony.

Reactions: Jupiter551
Mirra said:
Jupiter551 said:

Hah... as soon as I stepped into Act II on normal and had to chase down those stupid poison spitting wasps and leapers on my Barb I thought "Ehh... let's try a ranged class to gather up gear and level my smith." I've already swapped a lot of gear to Vitality + Strength on him and I suspect it would help dramatically but I think I'm going to keep trudging away on the Demon Hunter a bit more. Just took down Maghda on Nightmare this morning with her. Figure I'll get past Belial then work on another char some more to break up the monotony.
Yeah those poison wasps are horrible esp at higher diff, and similar ranged mobs called moloks on act III, for those sections you can spec into axe throw w/stun rune (has no cooldown) helps a LOT

I've been playing the game casually with some friends and the barb is my favorite class. I played the wizard a lot in the early beta so I decided to change it up. Once I finish inferno on my barb I think I'm going to attempt to play a monk through hardcore mode. I do find the game to be more challenging and enjoyable playing in co-op, but I've been experiencing latency issues.

I have to say that OmNoms review is pretty spot on with my own experiences. Also, everyone I know has complained about those poison wasps which I find hilarious.

ThePioneer said:
I've been playing the game casually with some friends and the barb is my favorite class. I played the wizard a lot in the early beta so I decided to change it up. Once I finish inferno on my barb I think I'm going to attempt to play a monk through hardcore mode. I do find the game to be more challenging and enjoyable playing in co-op, but I've been experiencing latency issues.

I have to say that OmNoms review is pretty spot on with my own experiences. Also, everyone I know has complained about those poison wasps which I find hilarious.
Those poison wasps (or anything with poison, essentially since I am a Witch Doctor and my damned dogs seem to love bathing/dying in any poison they can find) are the bane of my existence.

I am going to roll a Wizard tomorrow night, I think, when a friend of ours is coming to do a mini LanDiabloParty with us. :thumbleft: I played one briefly during the stress test beta and think it'll be fun.

Wizard looks like it would be tons of fun. screws it, I'm caving Mirra give me the guest pass. haha.

SweepTheLeg said:
Wizard looks like it would be tons of fun. screws it, I'm caving Mirra give me the guest pass. haha.
:dance: :dance: :dance:

DO IT!

Now to find my battle.net authenticator thingermajigger I haven't used in almost 3 years. this is going to be fun. nevermind found it in 2 minutes- THIS is why I don't clean. In my mess I know where to look.

Reactions: AmberCutie
NerdgasmGirl said:
*whimper* I neeeds it. But gonna have to wait a month or two. Le sigh. At least I have SWTOR
I can toss you a guest pass if you like

SweepTheLeg said:
Now to find my battle.net authenticator thingermajigger I haven't used in almost 3 years. this is going to be fun. nevermind found it in 2 minutes- THIS is why I don't clean. In my mess I know where to look.
It's called "organized chaos". :thumbleft:

Jupiter551 said:
NerdgasmGirl said:
*whimper* I neeeds it. But gonna have to wait a month or two. Le sigh. At least I have SWTOR
I can toss you a guest pass if you like

Thank you for the sweet offer, I might hit you up on that a little closer to me actually being able to buy it. Otherwise I'm going to get terribly addicted and spend money I don't have. :woops:

SweepTheLeg said:
I don't get why people want to rush and finish the game right away. what to do you get out of it? What does the man that get out of being the first one to beat the game in 12 hours? was there a contest? is he knee deep in girl nerd poon? a tshirt? what?

I didn't "rush" through the game, but I did play almost nonstop. I did this to get ahead and make money in the game. Acquiring good high level loot sells on the AH for a lot of money. That money can be used as capital to play the AH market. Thus getting me to about 3 mil and gear enough to farm inferno act 1 with ease right now.

However, I started with a monk as my first character and its really rough on act 2 inferno when you can get 2 hit killed. I'm stuck on act 2 inferno right now. But for act 1 the most viable build I found was to use my spirit ally as a spammable tank and use deadly reach to auto attack at range while using 3 defensive skills and overawe to burst things down. This doesn't work for act 2, though, when my ally dies pretty much instantly.

I have a witch doctor friend who can solo act 2 and i know wizards and demon hunters can solo even act 4 (although they just got nerfed). I see the melee classes (monk and barb) having the most trouble with inferno due to the amount of damage dished out and the fact that they have to run into enemies while the ranged classes can run away and shoot back, thus evading most attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.