AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Did MFC just EXPLODE?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One more time people !!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DaddyDominant said:
Once More.....With Feeling?

I've got a theory! That it's a demon! A dancing demon! Meh, something isn't right there.

I've got a theory! Some kid is dreaming and we're all stuck inside his wacky broadway nightmare.

Reactions: ComicOzzie
UncleThursday said:
DaddyDominant said:

I've got a theory! That it's a demon! A dancing demon! Meh, something isn't right there.

I've got a theory! Some kid is dreaming and we're all stuck inside his wacky broadway nightmare.
I'm turning in my man card by suggesting it may be bunnies.

Reactions: UncleThursday
Kradek said:
UncleThursday said:
DaddyDominant said:

I'm turning in my man card by suggesting it may be bunnies.

Bunnies aren't cute like everybody supposes! They've got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses! And what's with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for anyway? Bunnies! BUNNIES! IT MUST BE BUNNIES!

Or maybe midgets...

UncleThursday said:
Or maybe midgets...

:think:

You know... MFC got this green theme going on all over it...

87ETK.jpg

:eek:

images

killer rabbits .....has to be. :think:

Looks like it has exploded again.

Models must love it since it is the last day of the pay period and they trying to earn all the tokens they can before midnight.

Edit: It's back online again.

It never ceases to amaze me how dickish and bitchy people become in the face of an MFCFail. Even after the site has provided them $1000's of dollars a month, and 100's of hours of pleasure, they forget all the plusses and become so hateful.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Reactions: JoleneBrody
while i understand what you're saying amber, It's not so much the crashes i believe many people are responding to. It's the lack of transparency that mfc admin are providing that rankles me.

Does this mean I'm not grateful for my paycheck? No.
I just wish they were upfront about what is going on.

Reactions: 1 person
Miss_Lollipop said:
while i understand what you're saying amber, It's not so much the crashes i believe many people are responding to. It's the lack of transparency that mfc admin are providing that rankles me.

Does this mean I'm not grateful for my paycheck? No.
I just wish they were upfront about what is going on.
And frustration is understandable (many people convey this) but I'm talking about the people who turn in to hateful name-callers publicly on Twitter and such.

I do think MFC is getting *slightly* better at realizing they should announce to their audience sometimes when things are going wrong that they are sorry, etc. I do wish they'd make a Tweet acknowledging when the site crashes or when bugs are happening. Definitely.

Reactions: SNATCH
AmberCutie said:
It never ceases to amaze me how dickish and bitchy people become in the face of an MFCFail. Even after the site has provided them $1000's of dollars a month, and 100's of hours of pleasure, they forget all the plusses and become so hateful.

It doesn't irritate me too much, except a couple weeks ago when it happened mid private. It puts both the model and the member in a weird situation. That's really one of the hazards of life on the internet though; people lose connection.

I remember raiding a few years back and one of our key players just dropped off the face of the earth. Turned out half of Brazil lost power. What are you gonna do?

AmberCutie said:

It's also ludicrous to see all these "experts" spouting off on their expertise on how they would fix the problems. Just because you added RAM to your PC or customized your tumblr page doesn't mean you know the first thing in standing up and maintaining a high-traffic and high availability website/business. The infrastructure and underpinnings are enormously complex and expensive. When you add in trying to maintain three nines (or greater), that adds more expense and complexity.

That being said, although they have improved some, I too wish they would be more open and forthcoming. But you have to know that they are working very hard to resolve the problems. If the models aren't making money, they aren't either ;)

That part about being open and forthcoming is huge. Since us customers are not paying for a contract, and there are no service level agreements, with MFC, they really don't have to answer to us, but still, some email detailing what is going on (maybe an email message to premiums at least), and what they're doing to fix it, and maybe an eta for when the service should improve... that would go a long way to decreasing my frustration level. Some of us here do actually have IT experience with high availability sites, 99.9 uptime, etc, and the crap MFC is getting is nowhere near what we get, lol (root cause meetings for 5 minutes of system inaccessibility, ugh).

A crash or two every couple of days wasn't a huge problem, but it seems that what has been going on recently is way worse.

schlmoe said:
AmberCutie said:

It's also ludicrous to see all these "experts" spouting off on their expertise on how they would fix the problems. Just because you added RAM to your PC or customized your tumblr page doesn't mean you know the first thing in standing up and maintaining a high-traffic and high availability website/business. The infrastructure and underpinnings are enormously complex and expensive. When you add in trying to maintain three nines (or greater), that adds more expense and complexity.

That being said, although they have improved some, I too wish they would be more open and forthcoming. But you have to know that they are working very hard to resolve the problems. If the models aren't making money, they aren't either ;)

hisexdrive said:
That part about being open and forthcoming is huge. Since us customers are not paying for a contract, and there are no service level agreements, with MFC, they really don't have to answer to us, but still, some email detailing what is going on (maybe an email message to premiums at least), and what they're doing to fix it, and maybe an eta for when the service should improve... that would go a long way to decreasing my frustration level. Some of us here do actually have IT experience with high availability sites, 99.9 uptime, etc, and the crap MFC is getting is nowhere near what we get, lol (root cause meetings for 5 minutes of system inaccessibility, ugh).

A crash or two every couple of days wasn't a huge problem, but it seems that what has been going on recently is way worse.

schlmoe said:
AmberCutie said:

I would imagine MFC works hard to fix things but it would be nice if they'd let people know what is going on. Also I have never noticed other sites having that problem? It seems it has been crashing a lot lately. I think it is really hurting the traffic at least for the non top models.

Ursavannah said:
I would imagine MFC works hard to fix things but it would be nice if they'd let people know what is going on. Also I have never noticed other sites having that problem?

I think Streamate has a lot of tech issues too, and that's another very popular, high traffic cam site.

In my years of online existence, every massive online community I have been a part of goes through these issues. Everyone has the same complaint, why don't they tell us wtf is going on? I have never seen those questions answered. My own suspicion is that they are patching security holes (caused by site updates?) so they don't want that information publicized.

MFC news and wiki update refers to problems with mail including a temp change of email address

nzhere said:
MFC news and wiki update refers to problems with mail including a temp change of email address

That was solved some time ago, they've gone back to their original e-mail address.

Model News said:
Update: Our original e-mail address has been restored. Thanks for your patience.

Lately, whenever I first turn on my cam, I get a message saying that Flash is not working, and then I find myself banned from every model room. When I log off and come back on, everything then works fine.

:woops:

ComicOzzie said:
Lately, whenever I first turn on my cam, I get a message saying that Flash is not working, and then I find myself banned from every model room. When I log off and come back on, everything then works fine.

:woops:
You using Chrome, by chance?

Chrome's built in version of Flash has been being an asshole for MONTHS now. Even their newest update sucks, as it crashes every few minutes when I test my broadcaster with it.

Disable built-in Flash and use the system's Flash.

Or use a different browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.