AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do chaturbate broadcasters know the ip address of those watching?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2017
I wonder if there's some kind of app or code that chaturbate broadcasters use to know the ip address and location of users such as state and/or city that are watching even if they are anonymous and not even registered (anonymous user) ?

There's this girl I watch that says "hi" when I come in the chat (anonymously) She pointed at the camera in other occasions as if she knows im there, laughs when I laugh and it pretty much seems like she's aware of my presence and this makes me uncomfortable..so is there a way for them to know?

I wonder if there's some kind of app or code that chaturbate broadcasters use to know the ip address and location of users such as state and/or city that are watching even if they are anonymous and not even registered (anonymous user) ?

There's this girl I watch that says "hi" when I come in the chat (anonymously) She pointed at the camera in other occasions as if she knows im there, laughs when I laugh and it pretty much seems like she's aware of my presence and this makes me uncomfortable..so is there a way for them to know?

1) While I don't cam on CB I am 99.99% certain a broadcaster cannot see IPs/locations of any viewers. It'd be a major invasion of privacy on a site that thrives on anonymity.

2) This post feels INCREDIBLY familiar. Does anyone know what thread I'm talking about? :think:

Edit: Found it! https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/models-can-see-my-cam-when-its-off.26288/

(Slightly different but evocative!)

Last edited:
Well the girl has one of those "countries that visited me" thingies and the numbers of all countries visiting are visible to everyone..so maybe there's more to it...

Well the girl has one of those "countries that visited me" thingies and the numbers of all countries visiting are visible to everyone..so maybe there's more to it...

You can get one of those for any website from sites like this: https://flagcounter.com/. They don't stream real-time info. It's an embed that checks a user's IP, tallies how many hits they've gotten from various countries, and then generates an image with that information. I mean, sure, someone could sit there and constantly hit "refresh" to see which countries' counters are increasing, but why on earth would someone waste their time doing that while trying to be interactive? That sounds exhausting.

More likely answers: 1) She's split-camming and interacting with someone who is not you. 2) She's pretending to interact with someone in order to look more interactive and appealing.

Yes, stat/hit counters can be used to get specific IP info as well as a time and date stamp. A lot of models use them to determine what time of day they are getting the most visitors, and where they are from, and use that information in determining their schedules. But linking a specific IP to a specific user is next to impossible unless your ISP assigns you a static IP, which is one that never changes. Also, if you have a static IP and have ever e-mailed the model, she would be able to see your IP, which is located in the header information of e-mails. This is why sites have rules against contact occurring outside of the site. It's for the models protection.

Absolutely not, this becomes a privacy issue. All IP's are kept anonymous to protect models and members alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.