AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2021
Hi! (Sorry for my english in advance, it's not my native language) :hi:

My name is Baby Milo and I'm brand new to camming. I'm in my early 20s' and I haven't even started camming yet since I'm saving up for a webcam. I'll be moving soon to a new apartment with my partner so I'll get my own dedicated camming space.

I really like the idea of camming, I used to be on sites like chatroulette (sfw) when I was younger but now I want really to try my luck on CB. I've researched, watched videos and forums for a couple of weeks now but most advice for newbies seem to be "be consistent, promote on twitter, always be happy/engaging and do. not. quit!" It's good advice but I really don't know how to succeed in this already saturated market as a completely new person with no following and no special talent apart from looking a bit different from the majority of girls from my country (Sweden). I have biiig feet, a split tongue, some piercings, tattoos, a ddlg lifestyle and I'm light-skinned. I really enjoy working in the adult industry because it gives me a bit of confidence (I usually don't have any due to mental health issues), but I don't even make 100$/month yet bf tax on my OF because of me being unsure and ending up basically giving away free content due to guilt of not posting enough.

I really want to become successful and earn a living on cam/snap/of together even if it's a small one. I know that it takes lots of time building your fan base but I don't even know where to start. I see all these absolutely gorgeous girls on CB with well designed bios, having fun talking to their supporters, doing all these cool (and somewhat extreme) sex stuff or just sitting and typing on their phone and the supporters tips them 2000-5000tk a show. I want that for myself in the end as well. I'm shy and I do have mental health issues (ptsd, anxiety, depression etc) so I'm a bit scared of failing and having nothing to turn to since I can't/won't get a "normal" job outside of the adult industry.

How do I attract supporters who's gonna like me for me and actually get them to tip?

How do I deal with the slowness I've heard about?

How do I get supporters to come back and want to watch me time after time?

How do I make a nice bio in html/css without a base code that I can modify?

How do I get the most out of my "new" status?

How much should I charge on my tip menu as a total newbie?

Should I allow grays in my room?

Should I get a Lush? Is it worth it?

Is CB worth it in 2021 or should I pick another site?

I'm sorry if my post is a common one here, I've searched and I didn't find anything more recent than a couple of years ago. I really need some guidance and people here seems so knowledgeable. :h:
Attatched some pics of me so you'll see what I look like.

Attachments

• 174157360_300329115027351_9128023890287417936_n.jpg
    174157360_300329115027351_9128023890287417936_n.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 174241650_510109833691434_4415519602002705084_n.jpg
    174241650_510109833691434_4415519602002705084_n.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 32
I am sorry I cannot answer your CB questions but in my eyes you are beautiful and I want you to know that looking unique is not a bad thing; maybe consider it more like being uniquely beautiful ... I like to believe that more people in our world crave authenticity so please trust just being your own look and finding a look you feel your best in will actually work. Sometimes it is a “fake it til you make it” kind of thing too.

I am sorry I cannot answer your CB questions but in my eyes you are beautiful and I want you to know that looking unique is not a bad thing; maybe consider it more like being uniquely beautiful ... I like to believe that more people in our world crave authenticity so please trust just being your own look and finding a look you feel your best in will actually work. Sometimes it is a “fake it til you make it” kind of thing too.
Thank you so much! :h: I'll just go with being myself and hope that people will come but I really want to maximize my chances at reaching potential supporters.

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
If you want to start sooner you could always start by using your phone as a webcam. Will most likely give you better quality and audio than any webcam and is the cheaper option. I'll try and answer a few of your questions
How do I attract supporters who's gonna like me for me and actually get them to tip?

Should I get a Lush? Is it worth it?

• There isn't too much you can do other than being yourself. You just have to trust that there is a wide variety of people on the site and that you will appeal to some of them.
  • Be as consistent as possible, so that your followers always know when they can catch you online.
  • Put in as many hours as possible to increase the amount of exposure you get
  • Being a newbie doesn't matter. It really just about how much people are willing to tip and what you are willing to do for a certain token amount. I'd just look at the menus from a few models who are not on the 1st/2nd page and use their numbers to come up with your own. Once you start camming you will most likely adjust those prices based on your experience. I also suggest you try to have a range of tip menu options going from low to high, just so that there is something for everyone to tip for.
  • Grey's aren't always bad, and sometimes they can help with a slow room. I'd mute them if they start to become a problem. They can also be managed with bots/apps.
  • Lush is worth it imo as it always gives your viewers something to tip for. It usually pays for it self.
  • CB is perfectly fine in 2021, however there is nothing wrong with experimenting with different sites or even camming on multiple sites at once to maximize time/revenue

To answer your general question... there is no way to predict how someone will do on a camsite. I think it is largely dependent on your luck: how charismatic you are, how playful you come across, how easily tokens flow from members to you, and other things that you are born with and have very little control over. I have seen the whole spectrum of interactions on first time models.. from gorgeous angels being completely ignored on the site, to girls who get everyone tipping them for apparently no reason and half the audience is simply scratching their heads and everything in between. To this day I find different models elicit wildly different responses from the audience even when doing and saying very similar things. You will never know until you try.

My best advice is this: be the most concentrated version of yourself you can be. What do I mean by this? Well.. "just be yourself" is a problematic piece of advice because for most people they are truly themselves plopped in a sofa watching Netflix or telling a friend what they dreamt last night, or eating a chicken wrap... all things that are good for your own private life but which don't happen to be interesting, entertaining or valuable.

What you want to do is use only the things about yourself that other people might find curious, amusing, exciting or interesting. There are many ways to do this, but a simple way to start is to imagine your perosnality was a graph... you should try to suppress the middle points and keep only the valleys and the peaks. So heighten the very best and the very worst of your personality and use that concentrated version when you cam. You want to put others at ease but you don't want to be too comfortable yourself.

There are several ways to deal with it. If you have enough fire in your makeup then you charge against it by coming up with ideas of things you can do to spice the room up and don't stop until you make it happen. If you are a chatty type of personality you talk to yourself about all manner of things until other people start talking back. If you are a pisces you just go with the flow and get slow yourself, and if you have little patience you simply log off and try again some other time.

It's where it's at right now. Chaturbate is at it's peak. I predict CB has about 2 or 3 years of peak left in it, and then it will start to decay... happens to every single site. This doesn't mean models will stop making a good living on the site, but there will be culture exhaustion from models copying each other's strategies and undercutting one another and molding members expectations that way. Then it will be time to perhaps consider another site. For now I would definitely put all my energy on CB to begin wtih and only try other sites if CB doesn't work for me or if I dont like it.

This is from my perspective as a viewer on CB.

I wish you all the best of luck, I hope starting out by joining this forum will give you some helpful advice.

Going by your pictures you have a distinctive look that will set you apart from a lot of other new models, and that is a good thing. If I was 'cruising' the New section and saw someone with your look I would be curious and join the room to check it out. I think if you show a genuine personality and if you are engaging supporters will tip you. Look at the different tags on CB and find 5 you think fit the room you want to create.
There are as many ways of dealing with this as there are models. It should, hopefully, not be an issue for you during the first 7 days after verification, when you have the 'new' label. But the best 'advice' I have for when/if slowness happens is to try not letting it show that it bothers you.
If you show a genuine personality and if you are engaging supporters will return.
How do I make a nice bio in html/css without a base code that I can modify?
This is also related to the matter of a webcam. Not having a too professional-looking room, webcam setup, bio, and so on, could be a plus for you as a new model. Some supporters will be suspicious if you start your career with an excellent picture and audio quality plus a very streamlined bio. But there are some bio templates you can use, @cbhours that is a member of this forum has one available at: https://www.cbhours.com/biomaker.php
Start streaming as soon as possible after being verified, stream as much as possible during that week.
Look at some of the models in the categories that fit you to see what they charge, price different items according to what you are comfortable doing.
Personally I would say yes, but be prepared to silence or ban if they cross your boundaries, that goes for supporters with tokens as well. And if you feel some control is needed there are several bots to control chat. Concerning appointing a moderator to help control the chat, I have nothing against moderators, I am a moderator in one room. But as it has been said in numerous threads, you should only choose one that you feel totally comfortable with, and one that has supported you in different ways, not only by being generous, and you should be completely clear with the moderator in what you expect to be done. A bad moderator can do a lot of harm to your room. And as a rule of thumb; never appoint someone as a moderator that asks for it.

Reactions: Billyboy
You are on the right path, knowing being consistent and looking for info on “how to”, but trying too hard thinking about “how” and not turning on the cam to just doing it, is a big difference. Like the commercial says...” Just do it”, turn on the cam to get your fan base started, the harder you try the more you are not being yourself, and your guest will see that. Being yourself, you will get your regulars, doing role play will get you the interest of some but as soon as you are done, they will move on and find another model role playing their likes.

I thought turning on the cam to satisfy whom ever comes to my room was what I need to do, yes I do need to earn, but I found out that moving from totally being nude to non-nude just teasing, I have earn good friends who comes to my room everyday to enjoy my room. It’s not the best, I’m not the prettiest, my bio is just what I learned from ACF postings, my english isn't proper as some wouldd crindge reading this, but I found out that, turning on the cam, being myself, I can earn a decent earning and I totally love my self for it, because I’m doing what I want.

In short, turn on the cam, be yourself, be consistent, if you see something from others YOU would like to do, try it out if that works for you. Your room your rules, and enjoy it.

If you want to start sooner you could always start by using your phone as a webcam. Will most likely give you better quality and audio than any webcam and is the cheaper option.
What software you recommending for that? I tested droidcam early last year and I dont recall the exact problem I had with it but I recall it was severely limited in its settings but as I understand it they have made some additional improvements in the last few months but i haven't given it another shot.

What software you recommending for that? I tested droidcam early last year and I dont recall the exact problem I had with it but I recall it was severely limited in its settings but as I understand it they have made some additional improvements in the last few months but i haven't given it another shot.
Droidcam OBS seems to work well.

• Helpful!
Reactions: cbhours
Thank you all very much for all your help! 🥰 I'm gonna try to not get inside my own head too much and just try it out and see how it'll go. I'm really glad thatI found this forum! 😌

Reactions: Nigerian Prince
I found ipwebcam works much better than droid cam and I just switched over to iriun webcam, and prefer it to ipwebcam so far and the picture quality seems to have a little less noise. IPwebcam has to be input as a browser source, with iriun it connects to a client on the pc and get's picked up in obs as a video capture device, which means you can push it through effects processors and crap without having to push the browser source to another application to make it show as a virtual webcam before doing that.

ETA: both of those are android apps, not sure if they are also on IOS

You can also just run an RMTP server directly from the phone to connect to cb, that also works really well from my experiance.

• Helpful!
Reactions: cbhours
Larix broadcaster is a free app that can stream directly to CB or other sites that support RTMP streams. Is a bit complicated to set up, but works very well. Then you can stream wherever you are. I've used it and an iPad for chatting. Super portable solution. ;)

You can also buy the NDI app to stream wirelessly to OBS, but it has some lag. And you need a fast and strong Wifi connection.

Your profile pic (I love it!) shows sense of humor. That is a very good thing and you could use that to your advantage if you want. Best thing is when you feel good about yourself. But If you don't, that's ok! Just give it time and try to find out whats bothering you.

Status
Not open for further replies.