AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do Non-English Speaking Rooms Discourage You?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
Maybe it's just me. It's not all the time but sometimes it definitely does discourage me because I really do enjoy the aspect of chat and bate now (definitely didn't used to).
Sometimes if I go to a room and all I see is the public chat full of a foreign language (literally any) by the model and her mod(s), it will definitely discourage me and make me back out. Sometimes I will try to engage to see if they do speak English (even with a translator, I don't mind). I don' think I am the only one who does this, and I think it's the simple fact English for a place like CB is the universal language with there being so many. I do understand that lots don't/can't speak English (I have met some that are amazing and have learned English only through doing camming as a job - and they got great at it (using google translate, or from other people helping them with words here and there).

I do have google translate extension installed and don't mind using that, BUT I don't want to be using it all the time to try communicate..

Are you a model and do you (and your mod) do as I have described? Maybe you have a "no english" policy (genuinely, I have seen some want only French).
If you're not a model, what are your rules for this kind of thing? I mean, does it bother you? Does it turn you away? Will you TRY to talk in English, and wait to see how long it takes for them to respond?

I surely can't be the only one to be discouraged by this... right? Please.. lol

I feel like I am coming off as an ass hole in this message, but that's not the intention at all.

Of course you aren't. There is a reason why many foreign models use qtranslate and attempt to learn basic english. Many also avoid entering their country name and put up a different location or phrase instead. I also recommend they avoid foreign music because some people run as soon as they hear the music playing. They are just trying to buy a little bit of time enough for the user to stay and make an attempt to communicate before giving up and running.

Not a model and not a native english speaker so, personally, I don't really mind. I can communicate/hold a conversation in 3 languages in "passable" way so to speak, so I'm quite confident I'll find a language as "common ground" most of the times. That said, based on my personal experience as a cb member, I can totally tell that English is not the first language but tokens are. The vast majority of the models there, native english speakers included, don't really care either if English is a member's first language or not, as long as you tip/take them in pvt. Just my experience and my 2 cents.

Guess it depends on what you mean by 'discourage.'

I don't hang out in foreign-language rooms, but only because I'm there for the social interaction, and I want to be able to participate. Can't do that very well if I don't speak or understand the language, so I just go to a room where I can.

However, the fact that foreign-language rooms exist doesn't bother, or discourage, me. Cam sites are international. We're all just doing our own thing.

Guess it depends on what you mean by 'discourage.'

I don't hang out in foreign-language rooms, but only because I'm there for the social interaction, and I want to be able to participate. Can't do that very well if I don't speak or understand the language, so I just go to a room where I can.

However, the fact that foreign-language rooms exist doesn't bother, or discourage, me. Cam sites are international. We're all just doing our own thing.

I meant exactly like you said.: to participate.
I will sometimes use translator to try join in, or see if I can, but if it's a whole room of a different language, it gets difficult. And usually ones like that the model is also verbally speaking the language and people responding.

Its not like I automatically decide not to go into a room because the model is from a non english speaking country, but if after being in the room and talking to her its really obvious that she doesn't speak any english and could use better translating software, I dont usually hang around too long. I think more of that is on me though, I make a lot of dumb jokes that either dont translate, or are hard to understand if english isnt your first language.Or maybe my jokes are just worse than I realize, who knows lol

As a model it is a bit tricky for me. My native language is french but I can (almost) fluently speak english, which is good and bad at the same time. I usually speak english in my room but when a french customer enters my room, I greet him in french - while talking in english to the others. It's fine as long as everybody understand english and french, but it's quite difficult to get everyone's attention when you speak 2 different languages if they can't understand everything I say. I'm happy to read customer's opinions :)

Sometimes I think it's good to have camrooms that don't just have English in the main chat. Not everyone who visits camsites speak English, so I see those models as catering to a niche.

As a model it is a bit tricky for me. My native language is french but I can (almost) fluently speak english, which is good and bad at the same time. I usually speak english in my room but when a french customer enters my room, I greet him in french - while talking in english to the others. It's fine as long as everybody understand english and french, but it's quite difficult to get everyone's attention when you speak 2 different languages if they can't understand everything I say. I'm happy to read customer's opinions :)
Have you actually had complaints? Can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with a bi-lingual room.

Have you actually had complaints? Can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with a bi-lingual room.

Well actually no, it's a personal feeling. I would like everybody to understand what I say, if somebody asks me a question, I reply in both languages, to be sure everybody understands (in vocal of course, I don't type that much). I've had customers who used a translator, so I guess it's more used than I thought!

With French models particularly it can be lucrative to keep your chatroom exclusively French. This country has a low spender/viewer ratio, the French take a lot of pride in their language and will rarely speak English so you actually have a niche right there.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Status
Not open for further replies.