AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do what scares you - on dealing with anxiety

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilithvalentine

Cam Model
Jul 17, 2017
Twitter Username
@ghostgirl1_3
Chaturbate Username
ghostgirl1_3
Hey guys, I'm a very new model so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I just wanted to share what might help those who struggle with anxiety.

Do what scares you (within reason). That is to say when you have the impulse to crack a joke or assert an opinion or try a new sexy pose that you think people will appreciate, if you feel fear, but perhaps deeper down a desire to try, always, always, always do the thing.

It's basically exposure therapy, you're afraid that you'll get blowback or people don't want to hear what you have to say, and the only way to get rid of that fear and get to a more genuine, unfiltered self, is to take the leap of faith.

It will probably work better than you think, and as your filters fall away, you'll find a more genuine self to express both in talking and in sexy things. From all that I've read and lived, it's been clear that being yourself will draw the right people into your life.

Anyways, I know this may be trite, but this philosophy has taken me from being a loner for 10 years to actually living and having a life I enjoy.

Cheers.

Hey guys, I'm a very new model so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I just wanted to share what might help those who struggle with anxiety.

Do what scares you (within reason). That is to say when you have the impulse to crack a joke or assert an opinion or try a new sexy pose that you think people will appreciate, if you feel fear, but perhaps deeper down a desire to try, always, always, always do the thing.

It's basically exposure therapy, you're afraid that you'll get blowback or people don't want to hear what you have to say, and the only way to get rid of that fear and get to a more genuine, unfiltered self, is to take the leap of faith.

It will probably work better than you think, and as your filters fall away, you'll find a more genuine self to express both in talking and in sexy things. From all that I've read and lived, it's been clear that being yourself will draw the right people into your life.

Anyways, I know this may be trite, but this philosophy has taken me from being a loner for 10 years to actually living and having a life I enjoy.

Cheers.
Yeah the more a person feeds into phobias and anxieties, and avoids, the bigger they become. Then before you know it your whole life is really limited.

Like you said, within reason. There are some things we are mostly scared of that we should avoid for safety, but there are lots of other social things which aren't a true issue of danger.

Reactions: lilithvalentine
Status
Not open for further replies.