AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you believe that rape culture is real?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has turned into a real eyeopening issue.

I had a view of the mra movement as a bunch of nuts, women haters. Just got done watching the documentary "The Red Pill" (not the subreddit). Anyone else seen it?

There are a number of things I have noticed wandering around over the last few decades, things that struck me as unfair/bullshit, or just pissed me off. I won't bother detailing them unless anyone is curious. I have always just accepted them as 'the way things are'. This whole topic really has me thinking about them.

(ugly thread. depressing. demoralizing. time for a quick music break, found a good one)

Blowing up the thread, but I've been thinking about this girls don't really want nice guys/nice guys don't get girls thing. It's an easy thought to buy into, but the real problem is that "nice" is so vague that it's nearly meaningless. So, when a guy says he's "the nice guy" he wants your approval and whatever perks come with it. When a girl says she wants "the nice guy", she wants you to think she makes appropriate choices. If she was really looking for the type of guy she wanted you to hear about, she'd have more details.If a girl is looking for a genuinely decent man (and wanted to discuss it) she might say: "I want a man who is good with children, loves dogs, cooks and is responsible with money.". That is a man who will get women no "nice guy finishing last" about it. Now, will a man automatically have supermodels jumping on his junk because he saves money, coaches pee wee soccer and fosters pug puppies? No. But if he wants to find love, he will.

@LioraVox I totally agree that the whole chasing the girl after the no thing breeds issues, but I still think Jabba is a better representation of rapists. He's gluttonous, lacking compassion, abusing the little bit of power he has and in need of validation. Hence, my Jabba joke that seems to have fallen flat.

I never seen Star Wars soo.. #whoosh

c

I think this part of the problem with term Rape Culture. At one end of the spectrum we have ISIL and Muslim society that sanction honor killing, and grown men have 12-year-old boy toys. I think everybody agrees that a rape culture. On the other end of the spectrum, we have statements, that men starting at attractive woman, or men giving compliments to woman they don't know, or delivery guys hitting on girls are part of rape culture.
To me rape culture is excusing the kinda of stuff that Trump did with "grab them by the pussy", is just locker room behavior or boys will boys. I don't believe that behavior is tolerated in America any more (although admittedly Trump election is a counter example.) So IMO America is not a rape culture, but pockets of it exist within America.

A good thing to remember is that we shouldn't compare what happens in different societies/cultures as a means to invalidate another. Because somewhere out there, someone always "has it worse" but that doesn't mean that our own issues aren't bad. Culture is the collective norm of that society/group- so what would be considered american culture =/= muslim societies culture =/= austrailian culture. And it seems like, people often mention other societies to kind of minimize how impactful/detrimental our own issues are within this country.

This has turned into a real eyeopening issue.

I had a view of the mra movement as a bunch of nuts, women haters. Just got done watching the documentary "The Red Pill" (not the subreddit). Anyone else seen it?

There are a number of things I have noticed wandering around over the last few decades, things that struck me as unfair/bullshit, or just pissed me off. I won't bother detailing them unless anyone is curious. I have always just accepted them as 'the way things are'. This whole topic really has me thinking about them.

(ugly thread. depressing. demoralizing. time for a quick music break, found a good one)

I'm curious

say whaaaaa???

I did try!! twice- from the beginning (because I can't not watch things in sequence) fell asleep both times

Reactions: Gen
I've read a few pages. So, it's possible that I've jumbled something, but I am confused as to why we're equating men who assault women with powerful, assertive men. Most rapists are feeble, desperate creatures who see an opening (sorry, hehe) and exploit it. Men who rape generally aren't the Hans Solos of the world. They aren't even the Luke Skywalkers. They are the Jabba the Hutts. A quick look through your local predator database will show that.
I think it's probably easier to get away with rape if you're "good looking" (and rich of course). One of my former friends was accused of rape, and at the time I thought there was no way he raped her because he was good looking and lots of girls wanted to bone him. I thought, why would he need to rape anyone when he can get pussy? :facepalm:

c

I think this part of the problem with term Rape Culture. At one end of the spectrum we have ISIL and Muslim society that sanction honor killing, and grown men have 12-year-old boy toys. I think everybody agrees that a rape culture. On the other end of the spectrum, we have statements, that men starting at attractive woman, or men giving compliments to woman they don't know, or delivery guys hitting on girls are part of rape culture.
To me rape culture is excusing the kinda of stuff that Trump did with "grab them by the pussy", is just locker room behavior or boys will boys. I don't believe that behavior is tolerated in America any more (although admittedly Trump election is a counter example.) So IMO America is not a rape culture, but pockets of it exist within America.
Um, grown men in the USA have 12 year old victims who are forced to live with them... maybe fix your own country first... (and using the term "boy toy" to refer to child victims is kinda gross)

Um, grown men in the USA have 12 year old victims who are forced to live with them... maybe fix your own country first... (and using the term "boy toy" to refer to child victims is kinda gross
Really where are thousands of 12 years old victims living in the US? Not legally, with the exception of West Virginia and surprisingly Massachusetts. Marriages in the US aren't legal before the age of 14-18. Sex trafficking is a problem throughout the world but hardly epidemic in the US.

In contrast Bacha bazi, the Afghanistan practice of having 10-12 year old boys dress as girls and dance and typically then be sexually abused by men is common place in the country and part of Afghanistan culture. Since Bacha Bazi literally translate as 'boy play', calling them boy toys, while gross is also accurate.

Sorry, I'm quite comfortable saying this is practice is bad and this practice is ok and then debating the large area in the middle.

I'm curious
Sure. Spoilered to spare the eyes of the casual skimmers.

a harcore "GI Jane" type soldier, NCO, open lesbian. Was free to use sexist emasculating derogatory language against males. Openly and without question in front of superiors (she was nuts)

female soldier cozied up to a superior (fucking him). promptly put in charge of details. she was a mini-tyrant for no good reason, couldn't really say anything about it

female soldier cozied up to a superior (fucking him). shown favoritism within unit, given priority for advanced training over soldiers with more seniority. another mini-tyrant

female soldier, lesbian. In a barracks with 3 other females. Late night sex games started between the lesbian and 2 of the other females; the 4th female was pretty religious, didn't want to have any part of it. 4th soldier went to CO with harassment complaint after they kept pressuring her to join in, she wound up getting discharged

woman had 4 kids with 4 different men for child support. Had bragged openly about it for years, that was her plan. (amusing in a way, because I got to listen to a couple of other guys make fun of guy #5 who was madly in love with her while they tried to warn him)

man was talking about his support payments. Was working two jobs to get by, he was pointing out in his case she got to claim the kids for tax purposes, she didn't have to report the support as income, but support amount was based on his gross income

man was paying child support to ex. she was remarried, new husband had good income. started leaning on the ex for more money, she quit letting him see his daughter. He complained through legal channels, wound up having police show up at his house to question him about inappropriate behavior with his daughter. She also went after the man's live in girlfriend

woman cozied up to her boss (fucking him). started some bullying at work with other females, on again off again, using her relationship with the boss to get him involved "on her side". shit got pretty crazy

very openly promiscuous woman told female coworkers about sexual conquests. was all good, until she bragged to them about being a party girl for a frat after a wild weekend. after that, for whatever reason, they turned on her and harassed her until she quit.

woman supervisor engaged in workplace harassment (psychological). ran off a number of employees including a couple of really good ones, had numerous complaints filed against her. Used every trick in the book (including accusations of sexual harassment violations), for no apparent reason other than she needed some sort of chaos around her at all times.

Just a few of the more interesting things I have personally witnessed over the last few decades while observing female behavior. I left my stories out of it, they tend to make me write too much.

Idk if it matters, but since race has already been mentioned in this thread, all but one of the women was white.

I never really read too much into these things, some I haven't thought about for a couple of decades. I have always leaned a little toward the feminism side of things, now I am really starting to wonder how much more protection and equality this class needs.

Last edited:
  • Wat?!
Reactions: Booty_4U
Sure. Spoilered to spare the eyes of the casual skimmers.

a harcore "GI Jane" type soldier, NCO, open lesbian. Was free to use sexist emasculating derogatory language against males. Openly and without question in front of superiors (she was nuts)

female soldier cozied up to a superior (fucking him). promptly put in charge of details. she was a mini-tyrant for no good reason, couldn't really say anything about it

female soldier cozied up to a superior (fucking him). shown favoritism within unit, given priority for advanced training over soldiers with more seniority. another mini-tyrant

female soldier, lesbian. In a barracks with 3 other females. Late night sex games started between the lesbian and 2 of the other females; the 4th female was pretty religious, didn't want to have any part of it. 4th soldier went to CO with harassment complaint after they kept pressuring her to join in, she wound up getting discharged

woman had 4 kids with 4 different men for child support. Had bragged openly about it for years, that was her plan. (amusing in a way, because I got to listen to a couple of other guys make fun of guy #5 who was madly in love with her while they tried to warn him)

man was talking about his support payments. Was working two jobs to get by, he was pointing out in his case she got to claim the kids for tax purposes, she didn't have to report the support as income, but support amount was based on his gross income

man was paying child support to ex. she was remarried, new husband had good income. started leaning on the ex for more money, she quit letting him see his daughter. He complained through legal channels, wound up having police show up at his house to question him about inappropriate behavior with his daughter. She also went after the man's live in girlfriend

woman cozied up to her boss (fucking him). started some bullying at work with other females, on again off again, using her relationship with the boss to get him involved "on her side". shit got pretty crazy

very openly promiscuous woman told female coworkers about sexual conquests. was all good, until she bragged to them about being a party girl for a frat after a wild weekend. after that, for whatever reason, they turned on her and harassed her until she quit.

woman supervisor engaged in workplace harassment (psychological). ran off a number of employees including a couple of really good ones, had numerous complaints filed against her. Used every trick in the book (including accusations of sexual harassment violations), for no apparent reason other than she needed some sort of chaos around her at all times.

Just a few of the more interesting things I have personally witnessed over the last few decades while observing female behavior. I left my stories out of it, they tend to make me write too much.

Idk if it matters, but since race has already been mentioned in this thread, all but one of the women was white.

I never really read too much into these things, some I haven't thought about for a couple of decades. I have always leaned a little toward the feminism side of things, now I am really starting to wonder how much more protection and equality this class needs.

So, those instances you listed combined with your own are making you reconsider feminism/ reconsider your empathy for the feminist movement?

So, those instances you listed combined with your own are making you reconsider feminism/ reconsider your empathy for the feminist movement?
Definitely. Got me wondering anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand discrimination and bigotry. I am all for equality in terms of liberty, freedom, etc. And I think the system is rigged against the little people for sure. But I am starting to see a very disturbing side to feminism. Before I might have been "Feminism? Sure!"; now I'm thinking "Hold the fuck up; what are we talking about here?"

Issues not too much. I am definitely pro-choice as far as abortion goes (certainly with rape/incest/life of mother). But I have a better understanding now of why a slightly older female family member has become so anti-feminist. I am also starting to understand why another 20 year old family member has spouted some disturbing anti-pc rhetoric. They both went for Trump, incidentally.

And to be clear, it is not these experiences necessarily. More than anything, I am wondering "Why is all this given a free pass?" especially in light of the "hug rape" nonsense, which I had not heard about until this thread.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Booty_4U
I agree. If a guy has gotten to a point of planning extravagant dates for a girl trying to get her to be more than friends, and she is exploiting him by accepting the dates but still shutting him down...there comes a time when He has to realize he needs to either stop pinning after her or to make his desires clear. Women who exploit the friendzone, are shitty but these dudes equally participate under the guise of being a "nice" guy.

Every body just needs to learn how to ask for what they want.

Pretty sure we share the same overall message but I don't believe the friendzone can be exploited. Mostly because the friendzone is an imaginary place that people put themselves in when a friend doesn't reciprocate similar feelings. Never fully understood its meaning but always disliked the people that would complain about their friends being able to magically transport them to imaginary zones. How big of an ingrate must one be to not appreciate their friends using magic powers on them?

Hoping you don't mistake my dislike for the concept of friendzones as hostility towards you or as being argumentative. Just three sheets and wanting to rant about the friendzone.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand discrimination and bigotry. I am all for equality in terms of liberty, freedom, etc. And I think the system is rigged against the little people for sure. But I am starting to see a very disturbing side to feminism. Before I might have been "Feminism? Sure!"; now I'm thinking "Hold the fuck up; what are we talking about here?"

Issues not too much. I am definitely pro-choice as far as abortion goes (certainly with rape/incest/life of mother). But I have a better understanding now of why a slightly older female family member has become so anti-feminist. I am also starting to understand why another 20 year old family member has spouted some disturbing anti-pc rhetoric. They both went for Trump, incidentally.

And to be clear, it is not these experiences necessarily. More than anything, I am wondering "Why is all this given a free pass?" especially in light of the "hug rape" nonsense, which I had not heard about until this thread.
Tbh, some women act that way or do those things as a reclaimation of female power. What I've heard from females that do this it's a way to "turn the tables of the patriarchy" in their eyes because men get away with doing similar things all the time, so when these women get into a position of "power" they kinda mimic the male/masculinity power play standard and then it just happens to work out well for them for any length of time.

I've also noticed an increase of women who are "anti-feminism" but have the same approach/mind set as you where they mostly focus on the issues. And then there's the "anti-feminist" who share anti-pc rhetoric because they see other feminists as super whiny "we aren't equal-even though we've come a long way from the sufferage/women's rights era" so they distance themselves from feminism as a whole to not be associated...or oddly enough they do it to align closer with men- but I've never fully understood why that happens.

There's so many subsets of feminism though like it's better to focus on where you stand on issues rather than which group you associate with.
Pretty sure we share the same overall message but I don't believe the friendzone can be exploited. Mostly because the friendzone is an imaginary place that people put themselves in when a friend doesn't reciprocate similar feelings. Never fully understood its meaning but always disliked the people that would complain about their friends being able to magically transport them to imaginary zones. How big of an ingrate must one be to not appreciate their friends using magic powers on them?

Hoping you don't mistake my dislike for the concept of friendzones as hostility towards you or as being argumentative. Just three sheets and wanting to rant about the friendzone.

I also view the friendzone as an imaginary place of bullshit and tears so there's no hostility.
ETA: its really just a concept that was created so people could feel better about rejection and place the blame on the person they were presueing rather than accepting that that person just wasn't into them.

Last edited:
Tbh, some women act that way or do those things as a reclaimation of female power. What I've heard from females that do this it's a way to "turn the tables of the patriarchy" in their eyes because men get away with doing similar things all the time, so when these women get into a position of "power" they kinda mimic the male/masculinity power play standard and then it just happens to work out well for them for any length of time.
Don't know if I would buy into that.

For one thing, dogs. I had an alpha female once, you better believe she ran shit, and if it was the male dogs fault, I don't ever remember her mentioning it to me. More likely, she just was because she was. :hilarious:

I really don't buy into this macho bullshit that you can have your manhood stolen from you. It only buys into the idea that your masculinity is to do with power and strength.

which definition of masculinity do you prefer?

Really where are thousands of 12 years old victims living in the US? Not legally, with the exception of West Virginia and surprisingly Massachusetts. Marriages in the US aren't legal before the age of 14-18. Sex trafficking is a problem throughout the world but hardly epidemic in the US.

In contrast Bacha bazi, the Afghanistan practice of having 10-12 year old boys dress as girls and dance and typically then be sexually abused by men is common place in the country and part of Afghanistan culture. Since Bacha Bazi literally translate as 'boy play', calling them boy toys, while gross is also accurate.

Sorry, I'm quite comfortable saying this is practice is bad and this practice is ok and then debating the large area in the middle.
Saying people elsewhere have it worse, does nothing to help the victims in your own country. Glossing over the fact that there are millions of child rape victims in your own country, is what I consider part of "rape culture" in the West.

I feel "The Red Pill" people ignore that most of the issues they're bringing up, are the result of patriarchy, gender expectations (created by men), and toxic masculinity. Historically men had the social, political, and financial power to make laws, "social norms", and have owned nearly all forms of media & advertising. Sure there are examples of women pushing fucked up ideas (like Queen Victoria or Ann Coulter) but for the most part, the women in these stories are minorities (compared to how many men with power agreed with the ideals) and they are parroting or mimicking ideas that already exist and were almost entirely created by men in the first place.

http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/06/never-force-child-hug-people/
http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/01/h...awkward-daughter-hug-example-of-rape-culture/

Blowing up the thread, but I've been thinking about this girls don't really want nice guys/nice guys don't get girls thing. It's an easy thought to buy into, but the real problem is that "nice" is so vague that it's nearly meaningless. So, when a guy says he's "the nice guy" he wants your approval and whatever perks come with it. When a girl says she wants "the nice guy", she wants you to think she makes appropriate choices. If she was really looking for the type of guy she wanted you to hear about, she'd have more details.If a girl is looking for a genuinely decent man (and wanted to discuss it) she might say: "I want a man who is good with children, loves dogs, cooks and is responsible with money.". That is a man who will get women no "nice guy finishing last" about it. Now, will a man automatically have supermodels jumping on his junk because he saves money, coaches pee wee soccer and fosters pug puppies? No. But if he wants to find love, he will.

What is usually meant by the term "nice guy" is the same as "sweet guy"... a man who is deferential, who will carry your bags when you go shopping, will bond with your mother, pay for your meals when he takes you out on a date, who will ask for permission before kissing you, who complies with every shit-test you throw his way, the kind of guy who does the right thing instead of the thing he wants to do. In short, nice guys are not assertive, not dominant, and therefore are boring because you know you have them in your pocket and nothing dries up your panties more than that.

Consider the following interaction.

Nice Guy: "You are beautiful..."

Woman: "I bet you say that to all the girls"

Nice Guy: "No, I actually rarely say it... you are just so beautiful I had to say it to you"

That interaction up there is called a "shit-test" it's a kind of phrase women use unconsciously to figure out if a guy is dominant enough to be worth their time. If a guy replies like the example above he loses points with her because he is conveying that he cares about what she thinks of him, on top of complimenting her he now has to convince her that he meant it. With every so interaction the girl is closer and closer to tucking him away safely in the Friendzone Chest.

This is how an assertive man handles the same situation:

Assertive Man: "You are beautiful..."

Woman: "I bet you say that to all the girls"

Assertive Man: "Yeah but I usually forget their faces"

Woman: "Are you saying you will remember mine?"

Assertive Man: "Maybe, if you give me a reason to"

He flipped the script on her. Not only did he show that he is stronger than her because he doesn't need her approval, he is asking her to show him that she is worth remembering. This is an example of a dominant man, and something no Nice Guy does. This doesn't mean that he is a bad man, that he will go out of his way to hurt others, it just means that he is not afraid to be himself, that he calls the shots, that he is capable of leading the woman he is with. Which is sexy to women.

An Assertive Man will do what he wants, he will not follow you around when you go shopping, he will not carry your bags, he wont spend his entire afternoon chatting about curtains with your mother, and he will probably ditch you if you don't respect him or if you act like a crazy person. Nice Guys will put up with all of the above and their girlfriends resent them for it.

Women change their approach as they age too. Young women want to bag the Assertive Man, and they even go as far as to date guys who are actually Assertive and BAD, men who just want to hook up with them. They think they can be the woman who will make them commit or settle. Many women spend their youth chasing after guys like this. But once a woman starts to age and realizes she is no longer attractive or she is running out of time to get married and have kids, she will look for a Nice Guy to settle with, a guy she can trust will never leave her. She starts looking for security instead.

Edit: oh, and the Friendzone is very real, any honest woman will admit to it... that (if she is pretty) she has had many men in her orbit at any given moment either waiting for her to break up with her man, or trying to win her affection by being "the nice guy". And in 99% of the cases you know what is up, you are perfectly aware that the guy likes you and you exploit it because it feels damn good to have that kind of attention and all the perks that come with it. I have done it many times. Not every woman is honest to themselves and especially to other people though so she might trick herself into believing that this is just a "terrific friendship". Make no mistake: no male friend will buy you dinner, be available to you 27/4, listen to your relationship dramas carefully, and smile like an idiot when you greet him unless he wants you.

Last edited:
I feel "The Red Pill" people ignore that most of the issues they're bringing up, are the result of patriarchy, gender expectations (created by men), and toxic masculinity. Historically men had the social, political, and financial power to make laws, "social norms", and have owned nearly all forms of media & advertising. Sure there are examples of women pushing fucked up ideas (like Queen Victoria or Ann Coulter) but for the most part, the women in these stories are minorities (compared to how many men with power agreed with the ideals) and they are parroting or mimicking ideas that already exist and were almost entirely created by men in the first place.

http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/06/never-force-child-hug-people/
http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/01/h...awkward-daughter-hug-example-of-rape-culture/
I KNOW no documentary (or doctrine) shows you the whole picture. I also KNOW there are some toxic females. Majority/minority does not matter when you find yourself entangled with one.

But thank you for sharing your feelings.

I KNOW no documentary (or doctrine) shows you the whole picture. I also KNOW there are some toxic females. Majority/minority does not matter when you find yourself entangled with one.

But thank you for sharing your feelings.
I didn't just mean the documentary; I mean "red pill" people in general, judging from what I've read them say on FB, Medium, Twitter, and Reddit during the past few years.

I didn't just mean the documentary; I mean "red pill" people in general, judging from what I've read them say on FB, Medium, Twitter, and Reddit during the past few years.
What are your thoughts on the documentary?

I may have heard something about it a while back, never bothered to watch it. Pretty much only watched it yesterday to try and get a better understanding of "rape culture".

What are your thoughts on the documentary?

I may have heard something about it a while back, never bothered to watch it. Pretty much only watched it yesterday to try and get a better understanding of "rape culture".
I didn't watch it and I have no plans on ever watching it. I see enough "red pill" ignorance daily on social media.

"Anyone who disagrees with me is ignorant"
Not at all! I just see a lot of misconceptions (that could easily be googled) being spewed specifically from those who proclaim they are "red pilled" or whatever. (ie: "Red pill" people saying "women are more privileged than men" whilst ignoring or dismissing the fact that men still own and run the majority of everything, still are the majority of lawmakers and politicians, and have had much more influence within society due to their historical wealth, education & power.)

Not at all! I just see a lot of misconceptions (that could easily be googled) being spewed specifically from those who proclaim they are "red pilled" or whatever. (ie: "Red pill" people saying "women are more privileged than men" whilst ignoring or dismissing the fact that men still own and run the majority of everything, still are the majority of lawmakers and politicians, and have had much more influence within society due to their historical wealth, education & power.)

I don't think you know what the term "red pill" means.

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
I didn't watch it and I have no plans on ever watching it. I see enough "red pill" ignorance daily on social media.
I pretty much assumed that is what I was in for. Not really. Probably not for you though.
Make no mistake: no male friend will buy you dinner, be available to you 27/4, listen to your relationship dramas carefully, and smile like an idiot when you greet him unless he wants you.
Overall I agree with you on the friendzone issue, and you are touching on an important dynamic (which some would point to and shout "emotional manipulation!!! toxic femininity!!!"). It is only the extremist "none" idea I take issue with.

I had two female friends over the years (long term), lot of talking/phone calls, went out to dinner together, put a shoulder out there for them when they needed it (boo hooing about the SO). I had absolutely no interest in going any further with them.

Both of them wound up trying to move things into the romantic sphere.

I don't think you know what the term "red pill" means.
'Red pill' has become a popular phrase among cyberculture and signifies a free-thinking attitude, and a waking up from a "normal" life of sloth and ignorance.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The term (as I see it being used) has mainly been adopted by MRA types... "taking the red pill" is what they use to describe when they became "awoke" to the fact that the world is fucked up... but a lot of them seem to blame women for society's shortcomings.

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...ed-pill-reddit-modern-misogyny-manosphere-men
(read the comments)
(read the comments)

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/inside-the-global-collective-of-straight-male-separatists
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/li...anti-feminist-group-who-know-what-women-want/

[Edit: tried to make the links non-media but it wouldn't let me, sorry!]

Last edited:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The term (as I see it being used) has mainly been adopted by MRA types... "taking the red pill" is what they use to describe when they became "awoke" to the fact that the world is fucked up... but a lot of them seem to blame women for society's shortcomings.

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...ed-pill-reddit-modern-misogyny-manosphere-men

(read the comments)
(read the comments)

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/inside-the-global-collective-of-straight-male-separatists
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/li...anti-feminist-group-who-know-what-women-want/

This, is precisely why I said...
Just got done watching the documentary "The Red Pill" (not the subreddit). Anyone else seen it?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol

Do you agree with the concept of rape culture?

I googled "rape culture" and the definition that came up was: a society or environment whose prevailing social attitudes have the effect of normalizing or trivializing sexual assault and abuse.

If I go with that I would have to say that I believe rape culture exists and I believe in the concept.

I see the likes of Bill Cosby, Jerry Sandusky/Penn State, Brock Turner/Judge Aaron Persky, the Catholic church, the Boy Scouts and it just seems as if the crimes were trivialized. I've heard men on the street interviews with men defending Bill Cosby--shit, the guy got away with the same routine for at least 30-40 years because he could sue a person into submission and he was so popular. Penn State alumn rallied for JoePa (maybe an innocent bystander from some reports) but the guy who "snitched", broke the case open, and maybe saved some boys from harm got flak from Penn State officials and had to eventually sue them in order to make a living and no Penn State alumn rallied to his aid. Judge Persky gave Turner a rather light sentence because the judge didn't want to ruin his life. The Catholics and the boy scouts hide their heads in the sand.

Even one of the most egregious serial rapists (and eventual murderer) in the United States is someone no one has heard of ( http://www.thequesterfiles.com/night_predator_files_--_case_o.html ) with law enforcement not really working together or with a concerted effort to bring justice to the victims and their families after so many years (I guess no one currently investigating has even contacted the former lead investigator which seems odd).

There are also tons and tons of sexual assaults as part of sports hazing. I'm not sure what is up with football, but, damn, I've heard about two instances just this year, but apparently it is a thing for many years: http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/17507010/otl-investigation-trend-sodomy-hazing.

From what I see there is a rape culture in this country. Of course these are just a few examples. This whole thread is amazing insight into what one might consider rape and rape culture, but it sure seems like there is a rape culture.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(read the comments)
(read the comments)

[Edit: tried to make the links non-media but it wouldn't let me, sorry!]

Red Pill is not MRA, and most people who would describe themselves as "red pilled" reject feminism as well as MRA completely. MGTOW is another group that will describe themselves as "redpilled" while being mocked and rejected by the rest.

"Red pill" are supposed to be "bites of truth" that you tell someone in order to "wake them up". Being "red pilled" means that you are aware of what the predominant ideology is, you are capable of identifying it, and you reject it because you understand that all ideologies are opposed to the truth and you can see the points in which the truth is in conflict with the ideology.

Since the predominant ideology right now is a special blend of capitalist progressivism, being "redpilled" usually means rejecting at least some portion of it. You can be red-pilled about feminism, about environmentalism, about capitalism, about racial equality, about globalism, universalism, democracy, or any blend of the aforementioned.

Note that "redpilled people" don't reject one ideology and adopt another, which is why redpilled people mock libertarians and atheists. And "redpilled people" consider MRA "purple pilled" in the sense that they are not quite "there" yet because while they see some practical problems with feminism, they still accept the notion that the genders are equal, they simply disagree in how to make that equality happen. Redpilled people reject feminism at it's core, they don't believe in the equality of the sexes.

So when you say that you understand what the redpill is and proceed to quote MRA articles you are showing that you don't know the subject at all. And calling all Red Pill "ignorant" when you don't even know what the term means just goes to show how liberally you use that term.

There are very interesting and intellectual approaches within the Red Pill umbrella. I suggest anyone interested in it do some research on the NRx movement, particularly Leddinh, Nick Land and Mencius Moldbug.

Maybe some people are just assholes?

Saying people elsewhere have it worse, does nothing to help the victims in your own country. Glossing over the fact that there are millions of child rape victims in your own country, is what I consider part of "rape culture" in the West.
Do you have a source for that claim or does that fall into 93% of all statistic on the internet are made up?

Status
Not open for further replies.