AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Doctor Who

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those (like me) who can't wait, the BBC has issued a short webisode (1:57) to whet our appetites a little more (or frustrate us a little more, not sure).

Nothing integral to the plot happens, but I recommend it anyway, don't want to say why (spoilers)....

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/08/15/new-doctor-who-minisode-the-lets-kill-hitler-prequel/

From the same site, there's also a bit about a new special on Who, including a link to a song about the Doctor from Amanda Palmer (from the Dresden Dolls and wife of Neil Gaiman -he who wrote "The Doctor's Wife",amongst many other things) & Reggie Watts (whose name rings a bell but won't answer my brain door). I haven't watched this yet, but I figure enough people in here care that I posted it anyway...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/08/15/a-song-about-doctor-who-from-amanda-palmer-and-reggie-watts/

God damn it! I just saw a spoiler in this thread, which is why I haven't completely read this thread or posted in it until now. i'm just going to stay out of here, but let the record show i'm a huge Doctor Who fan.

So, a spoiler free nice link for those behind the current series - I found a couple of deleted scenes from Series 5 (we're in the middle of Series 6 if you're up to date).

These were nice scenes, helping explain some of the mythology of the show - one's mostly about why the TARDIS looks like it does while the other has Amy interrogating the Doctor about previous companions... recommended for old and new Who fans alike (probably particulary new ones). Funny, fast and informative.

2 cool deleted scenes from last year's Who

(There was a third, but it seems to have been removed from youtube - not sure how long the others will be up)

(very minor maybe spoiler, the top video is a trailer released before Series 6, skip that if you like but I doubt it reveals anything)

The wait is nearly over - 10 days to new Who episode :dance:

blackxrose said:
Awwww man! :( I'm going to have to wait forever, lol. Anyone want to dress up as the doctor and rp with me in the meantime?? :D
Believe it or not, I ordered a fez earlier today... ;)

Goal said:
blackxrose said:
Awwww man! :( I'm going to have to wait forever, lol. Anyone want to dress up as the doctor and rp with me in the meantime?? :D
Believe it or not, I ordered a fez earlier today... ;)
Lol sweet! :D I love his bowtie and suit though, got those? ;)

blackxrose said:
Lol sweet! :D I love his bowtie and suit though, got those? ;)
I think I do have a bowtie somewhere (and definitely have the sonic screwdriver). Will have to assemble the rest of the outfit though.

How did I not know Sarah died ? crapfish. :crybaby:
Oh well, life goes on....
IMOO [old opinion] even tho Tennant and the others do a fine job, Tom Baker will always be the best Dr in my book. maybe it was the quirkiness and the scarf combined. :-D

As for you 'Who Junkies' going through the shakes about now, do what my kids and I are doing this summer.... Go back and watch all the old ones you can find.

Lastly, I have seen small desktop sized tardis that light up from the inside and also have the light blinking on top. Anybody know from where those can be had ?

I have complete plans to build one somewhat larger but at this point, dont have the time.

ahahaa, I am finally caught up and take part in this thread! Although, that's assuming I get to see the new episode soon.

I'm loving the new addition to the "crew". Quite a hottie too.

SoTxBob said:
How did I not know Sarah died ? crapfish. :crybaby:

Hmm, not sure, seeing as there was a big dedication to her at the front end of "The Impossible Astronaut" and everything. That was huge news that week.

Argh. It ran like five minutes long here, and while I taped the companion special afterward, I watched it first and then forgot the first couple of minutes were the end of the actual episode and deleted it, so now it's missing the ending. Now I have to wait until Friday for it to show again.

If only I had a Tardis, I could go to Friday, watch it, and be back in seconds. Of course, then I'd have to avoid my own house for a while on Friday lest I jeopardize my own existence. On second thought, maybe it'd just be better to wait til Friday.

JustLooking said:
After Tom Baker & puberty Dr Who has been lame...

aka "how to make friends and influence people"

:hand: old Who fans who haven't been watching the last two seasons are missing out on solid gold - previously, new Who was great but didn't quite rival Tom Baker :twocents-02cents:

Just; try starting at "The Doctor's Wife", that one was virtually handmade for older fans.

But I loved the "Let's Kill Hitler" too, looking forward to next week, already dreading the time when we have a big break again.

Dazza235 said:
JustLooking said:
After Tom Baker & puberty Dr Who has been lame...

aka "how to make friends and influence people"

:hand: old Who fans who haven't been watching the last two seasons are missing out on solid gold - previously, new Who was great but didn't quite rival Tom Baker :twocents-02cents:

Just; try starting at "The Doctor's Wife", that one was virtually handmade for older fans.

But I loved the "Let's Kill Hitler" too, looking forward to next week, already dreading the time when we have a big break again.

Fair enough...I watched the recent episodes (mainly cos of Karen Gillan) they're ok, but I'm too old for Dr Who :violin:

:-o Pfffffffftttttt ... You're NEVER too old for Dr. Who !! :icon-lol: :icon-lol:

oh steven moffat you crass tarte you. what a perfect ending to the season :))))) wont spoil it for youse guys but squeee !

Jaydenrainey said:
oh steven moffat you crass tarte you. what a perfect ending to the season :))))) wont spoil it for youse guys but squeee !

I have to agree, although i kinda thought it would end like this. Just the Question itself got me once more :)

Can't wait for the Christmas Special :)

:dance: :dance: I just found a dl for the complete seasons 1-6. Yipee :dance: :dance:

Has everyone seen the 2011 Children in Need short & trailer for the 2011 Christmas special?

Reactions: godofgta
My mother the super geek watched Doctor Who religiously. I recall watching episodes with Jon Pertwee in black and white on our betacord (anyone else remember those?). She was so happy when the show came back! Watching the Christmas special is family tradition. This past Christmas I spent with the S.O.'s family, I snuck into the back room to watch it while geeking with my mom on the phone. Hehe.

I think people forget that while every Doctor is the Doctor he is never quite the same person. I liked Eccleston, and of course I :h: Tennant. It took me awhile to warm up to Mat Smith, but his facial mannerisms are jut super cute. Although it's like the Doctor is aging backwards? And Mat Smith is playing an overly large kid.

Blink was awesome. I want an Angel statue for the bend in my stairs...just to flip people out. I think Sally Sparrow would have made an AWESOME companion. I could have watched more of her.

I may have ordered a robe in the TARDIS damask fabric. Have you guys seen that? I got the robe from this store:http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheYarnmaiden?ref=pr_shop_more
She doesn't have the robes listed yet.

EDIT:
embeding fail.

Sorry if this is incoherent, my boss lady wanted to know what my favorite cocktail was...so I've had like 5 country toddys (whiskey and sweet tea).

adorkabelle said:
My mother the super geek watched Doctor Who religiously. I recall watching episodes with Jon Pertwee in black and white on our betacord (anyone else remember those?). She was so happy when the show came back! Watching the Christmas special is family tradition. This past Christmas I spent with the S.O.'s family, I snuck into the back room to watch it while geeking with my mom on the phone. Hehe.

I think people forget that while every Doctor is the Doctor he is never quite the same person. I liked Eccleston, and of course I :h: Tennant. It took me awhile to warm up to Mat Smith, but his facial mannerisms are jut super cute. Although it's like the Doctor is aging backwards? And Mat Smith is playing an overly large kid.

Blink was awesome. I want an Angel statue for the bend in my stairs...just to flip people out. I think Sally Sparrow would have made an AWESOME companion. I could have watched more of her.

I may have ordered a robe in the TARDIS damask fabric. Have you guys seen that? I got the robe from this store:http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheYarnmaiden?ref=pr_shop_more
She doesn't have the robes listed yet.

EDIT:
embeding fail.

Sorry if this is incoherent, my boss lady wanted to know what my favorite cocktail was...so I've had like 5 country toddys (whiskey and sweet tea).

I have not thought about the Doctor in a month. Now I am back to wasting too much time wondering what the answer is to the question they asked in the last episode last season, "Doctor who?".

Shaun__ said:
I have not thought about the Doctor in a month. Now I am back to wasting too much time wondering what the answer is to the question they asked in the last episode last season, "Doctor who?".

OOh, I have a feeling the next season is going to be all sorts of crazy-wonderful.
Am I the only one a little tired of the Ponds? Can we have (a) new companion(s) now? We've had to say goodbye to them, what 3 times now? Only for it to be a fake-out, and oh no, we're not done with them yet. It's a little exhausting. Make up your mind Moffat!

adorkabelle said:
Shaun__ said:

OOh, I have a feeling the next season is going to be all sorts of crazy-wonderful.
Am I the only one a little tired of the Ponds? Can we have (a) new companion(s) now? We've had to say goodbye to them, what 3 times now? Only for it to be a fake-out, and oh no, we're not done with them yet. It's a little exhausting. Make up your mind Moffat!

I think the Pond's story has been told. They will probably only return occasionally for special episodes. I would love to see these two for the next companions.

bIUl8.jpg

Reactions: adorkabelle
Status
Not open for further replies.