AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

D'oh!!! Should have Googled my cam name first....

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyRose003

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jan 6, 2015
Apparently there's a "Ruby Rose" who is an Australian model & will be joining the cast of Orange is the New Black next season! Damn!! What do you guys think? Should I change it up now? Such a shame, I love this name...

We also have an active model right here on the forum that goes by RoseRuby as well.

I would say it's probably best to change your name before you start really using it very much! Once your following is larger and you have all of your social media accounts under a name with followers, it'll be way more of a pain to change later!

I can totally foresee some confusion, not only with the model you're talking about, but with Rose Ruby as well, who JJ mentioned! This would be a great opportunity to figure out a name that you like that is also unique to you! I love that I can tell people to Google me and I know that they're mostly going to actually find my sites and pictures and things, it's a huge bonus!

Hopefully neither model is offended by my saying this...

Both Rose and Ruby are used in a lot of model names, which can be both a good and bad thing depending on what you're trying to do. Ever wonder why some models have names like Facebook and Skype? I didn't get it until someone explained that it helps avoid their content being found, it makes them heard to search for, which is a good thing if that's what you want!

Branding is also important to a lot of models though, so if your goal is to stand out and be easily found in searches, it's better to pick a unique name.

TallulaBlythe said:
Hopefully neither model is offended by my saying this...

Both Rose and Ruby are used in a lot of model names, which can be both a good and bad thing depending on what you're trying to do. Ever wonder why some models have names like Facebook and Skype? I didn't get it until someone explained that it helps avoid their content being found, it makes them heard to search for, which is a good thing if that's what you want!

Branding is also important to a lot of models though, so if your goal is to stand out and be easily found in searches, it's better to pick a unique name.

Exactly this! If for some reason someone irl comes across the name Gracie Hart and searches it Miss Congeniality comes up top of the searches, not my cam persona :) However if a member is smart with google search terms and adds cammodel or streamate in the search term they can easily find my website, twitter etc. I wanted it exactly that way. Other girls will want to be even more annoymous so that their caps etc are almost impossible to find.

If you Google my name, my twitter and Tumblr are up at the tippy-top of the results. But there's also a lady in Australia and another in Ireland with the same name. :? I'm pretty sure anyone googling me can figure out which one they're looking for.

There's also a crazy amount of recipes involving the spice saffron. Those make up at least 75% of the results.

If you Google my old cam name, SweetSaffron, you get nothing but recipes, pretty much.

Many wanna hide and be hard to find but if you wanna stand out pick a new name for sure and google it. Many wanna have just @camname on twitter, camname.com website later on, camname@gmail.com, and camname on MFC/SM/CB. No numbers, no having to add xxx or something else to it since their name is unique alone and available to take. Its good to look ahead and see what you want and will want to be.

Also, simply running your desired name past Name Check is a good way to quickly see if you'll be able to do anything on social sites with that name.

Taking RubyRose for example.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 1_7_2015 , 4_42_16 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 1_7_2015 , 4_42_16 PM.jpg
    772.5 KB · Views: 152
Ruby Rose is massive here, and with her getting landing that spot in oitnb it looks like she's just going to get bigger and bigger! (watch her short 'break free' if you're curious as to why people are so into her :p) What that means for you is that search engines won't put your pages anywhere near the top when people search for you. That can be a good thing! It was part of the reason I chose a character name for my own cam name, actually. But if you're wanting people to be able to find you easily with just a name you're probably gonna want to change it

Reactions: Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.