AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Doing a studio right

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then there is the attitude that only other models can train new models. How dare a man try to tell me how to do my job!? Well, ladies, it is men who provide the revenue and I think what they like and dislike is pretty goddamn important. If you choose not to cater to your demographic (men 45 to 60, who have the money to spend), you are losing earnings.
I don't think that the problem is men telling them how to do their job but people who have no idea how the camming business actually works tell them how they should do their job. I have some limited knowledge about camming but you don't perform for a target demographic you perform for the audience that comes into your room. Camming isn't like most other forms of entertainment, you don't have a script where stuff is laid out how things should be done, you might have some bulletpoints laid out like countdown to topples, countdown to naked and countdown to cumshow, but it is mostly going to be based on improvisation derived from audience interaction. This is something that has to be learned from experience and most men doesn't have that experience since there are fewer men that can provide for their families on their own through their camming.

I don't know if you are going to open a virtual or physical studio but both have their advantages for models. They take away all the off cam stuff from models: social media promotion, filtering Email, sending and receiving gifts, editing and promoting videos on multiple platforms, etc. All that stuff is handled by staff, when a studio model logs off at the end of her shift, her time is her own.
What they take away is not the cam stuff although it is stuff that can be important to varying degrees depending on the model, this is the side things that the studio people might actually have some knowledge and hopefully some experience of, but it is not the most important part of camming. You can cam without all those things and if you have them you might make more money, but the most important part of camming is always going to be the camming itself and that is not something a non cam model will be able to help them with.

I was trying make a couple of points and I must admit made a rather poor effort.

First, studios are not some sort of evil sexual dungeon. They serve as a valuable resource for women from eastern Europe and Russia who wish to to become cam models. If anyone thinks otherwise, they are wrong, plain and simple. I can not name a single studio that does not treat their employees fairly and with respect.

Secondly, to the OP, if your expertise is in IT and photography, you are not prepared to manage a studio. You have to have "people skills", and that includes managing day to day and securing financing for a start up studio.

Lastly, this an MFC forum and MFC is a dying platform. No innovation and a stagnant atmosphere, the same models doing the same lame countdowns night after night. I find it funny that MFC models want to school every other model on how to run her room when their earnings decline month after month.

PS. MFC is the only major cam site that does not offer gay, couple, and trans rooms. Why?, i suppose Mr. Leo is intolerant of alternative sexual lifestyles.

Then there is the attitude that only other models can train new models. How dare a man try to tell me how to do my job!? Well, ladies, it is men who provide the revenue and I think what they like and dislike is pretty goddamn important.

Usually, men giving advice on camming, only give advice on what they specifically like. We've had guys come on the forum going on and on about how if models want to make "loads of money", we should all be doing this one very specific type of show (anyone remember the orange boyshorts + pigtails + pov bj show guy?). More often than not, many models have tried that type of show, and were met with a less than enthusiastic response, which is why dude can't find anyone doing it and should actually take a girl private to satisfy his preferences.

I've been told by a man that "no guy likes" certain body parts (belly) or outfits (things that show my belly) that are actually very profitable for me. I will tell women with a similar body type to capitalize on that, because my business experience tells me that it's a smart move, whereas a male studio manager who might not be into that body type may tell a model to wear things that cover her belly, or to never show it, which could lead to her missing out on money.

Also, your "target age group" may be who you THINK make up the majority of customers, but I personally have a lot of customers in their 20's and 30's, because they have more disposable income than you think.

working for a studio is akin to modern slavery and models can always do better on their own

non-compete clause is some sort of evil trickery, it is standard in all entertainment contracts.

I could be wrong, but I think most of the frustration and anger towards non-compete is that it's not practical for a model to take a year off just because they want to cut ties to a studio.

So how do you make a contract that agreeable to models and studios? Is it let them buy out the contract? or is it a yearly contract with the option to renegotiate at the end of the year?

I'm not sure what it should be, but there should be a way to make a contract that's amicale and acceptable to both parties.

Reactions: Gen and Vera
First, studios are not some sort of evil sexual dungeon. They serve as a valuable resource for women from eastern Europe and Russia who wish to to become cam models. If anyone thinks otherwise, they are wrong, plain and simple. I can not name a single studio that does not treat their employees fairly and with respect.
I know a former model from Poland who wasn't treated fairly by her studio so she left and was an independent model for a couple of years before earning enough money to start up her own business in a different field.
Lastly, this an MFC forum and MFC is a dying platform. No innovation and a stagnant atmosphere, the same models doing the same lame countdowns night after night. I find it funny that MFC models want to school every other model on how to run her room when their earnings decline month after month.
I think you are very wrong about this, this is a cam model forum with models from all the bigger cam sites and clip sites. I disagree with your notion that MFC is a dying platform with no innovation. I have been on MFC for a little over two years and I have seen some significant changes that have been positive for the models. The first one that comes to mind is MFC buying Charlesbot, making it free to all the models and continuing to develop it and add features. Then we have the whiteboards which is in my opinion a better way to display tip menus than the profiles were, it is easier for the models to edit, she can also add members to help her edit it and it feels quicker and easier to read to find out stuff as a member. In this time MFC also has released CamYou which is basically a PG reskin of MFC were a model can stream non sexy stuff with out having to worry about camscore, it might not see a lot of use now but I can see some potential in the future for it. A year ago MFC launched MFC Share have allowed models to sell content through the site and they are still making improvements to it. This year MFC started testing HD streaming through OBS which is still in beta, this an indication that MFC is investing in the site infrastructure which means that the site is not dying.

That models are doing the same countdowns night after night isn't something that is wrong it is something that they should do, that way when they do some thing out of the ordinary it becomes more special and will have people more excited. If you do new stuff every day then people will expect it and then nothing becomes special. New models join MFC every single day so if you don't like any of the current models on the site perhaps you should join a new models room. From what I have seen the models here haven't been telling new models how they should run their rooms, but they have freely given new models advice based on their own experiences to help them starting out. Also how do you know that their earnings are declining month after month? I believe that you once again have made a poor effort of proving your point.

Lastly, this an MFC forum

thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. can you point to the SM forum, MV forum, C4S forum, CB forum, and NF forum? seems we have models, myself included, who joined the wrong forum. @AmberCutie can you delete all posts not relating to MFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.