AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Elgato Stream Deck- One key to rule them all!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starling

Cam Model
Aug 17, 2013
Twitter Username
@YourStarling
MFC Username
YourStarling
Hey y'all. I'm just popping out of the abyss to say that if you're looking for an easy way to streamline a lot of your repeated actions with streaming/clipmaking, you should definitely look into the Elgato Stream Deck. I've been streaming music full time on Twitch for the past year but am getting back into clip-making behind the scenes, and it just occurred to me how many things can be done with the push of a button.

For streaming, you could have one key that does all of the following:
  • Opens your streaming software
  • Opens your streaming dashboard
  • Opens Spotify and starts playing your playlist
  • Rescales and positions all of the windows to fit one screen, or whatever arrangement you prefer (instructions in this tweet)
  • Changes your name on Twitter to a custom "Live Now" display name and posts a "live now" tweet
  • Any other customizable/macroable action
or for clip-making:
  • Ends recording, opens editing software
  • After you complete your editing, one key resizes, names, exports, opens Handbrake, compresses your files (tutorial on how to do this found here), and opens the upload pages for each site you use
I use my Stream Deck so often that I literally can't imagine having to open my Spotify window to skip tracks or switch scenes. Each button can have multiple actions programmed to it, you can have folder buttons that contain multi-action buttons (so one folder for your stream, one folder for clip-making, etc.), and different profiles (for instance, I use an entirely different set of hot keys on my Mac than I do on my PC).

Anyway, I'm not affiliated with Elgato or anything, I just remembered how much STUFF there is to do with camming/clipmaking, and didn't see any threads about it.

Hope you've all been well!

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Hey y'all. I'm just popping out of the abyss to say that if you're looking for an easy way to streamline a lot of your repeated actions with streaming/clipmaking, you should definitely look into the Elgato Stream Deck. I've been streaming music full time on Twitch for the past year but am getting back into clip-making behind the scenes, and it just occurred to me how many things can be done with the push of a button.

For streaming, you could have one key that does all of the following:
  • Opens your streaming software
  • Opens your streaming dashboard
  • Opens Spotify and starts playing your playlist
  • Rescales and positions all of the windows to fit one screen, or whatever arrangement you prefer (instructions in this tweet)
  • Changes your name on Twitter to a custom "Live Now" display name and posts a "live now" tweet
  • Any other customizable/macroable action
or for clip-making:
  • Ends recording, opens editing software
  • After you complete your editing, one key resizes, names, exports, opens Handbrake, compresses your files (tutorial on how to do this found here), and opens the upload pages for each site you use
I use my Stream Deck so often that I literally can't imagine having to open my Spotify window to skip tracks or switch scenes. Each button can have multiple actions programmed to it, you can have folder buttons that contain multi-action buttons (so one folder for your stream, one folder for clip-making, etc.), and different profiles (for instance, I use an entirely different set of hot keys on my Mac than I do on my PC).

Anyway, I'm not affiliated with Elgato or anything, I just remembered how much STUFF there is to do with camming/clipmaking, and didn't see any threads about it.

Hope you've all been well!
HEY HI!

I use a streamdeck when I'm in my pc gaming room for gaming streams on MFC, but I got one for my regular MFC camming laptop before I realized... I don't have enough USB ports, and adding a USB hub to allow for more inputs would render my laptop sorta useless as I want to be able to move it around freely. So I am sad. I have a streamdeck mini just sitting in my closet now. May give it to a friend who streams on Twitch sometimes so it won't go to waste.

They're super handy little thingos and any cam model on a desktop computer should have one!

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Starling and Mila_
I second Amber... I am on a MacBook Pro (latest model) we only get 4 usb-c ports one of which is already taken for power so in the other 3 I plug my DSLR and mic. Can’t spare a port for Streamdeck unless I sacrifice the mic, power, or cam. My streamdeck has been sitting in my desk since May last year

• Hugs
Reactions: AmberCutie
Bummer about the ports- I stream from a PC now but before I was using my Macbook and I have a little USB hub dongle about the size of a tampon. I think it's this one here. Sorry to hear you guys haven't been able to use yours- I didn't even think about the port issue! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.