AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Elitism on MFC?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SO for those who don't know, I was a model on MFC awhile back, quit, and am back now on a new account. Fast-forward to last night. I logged on to do my thing, and decided to do my Rainbow Board, which is my own version of all the white-board games out there. (Clear the board, and in the process, tip a secret number to win a Skype or video but with my own twist... you all know what games I'm talking about). It was a little bit slow, but I did manage to clear the board after a couple hours and did my show.

ANYHOW, at one point a model came into my room, though I didn't realize at first that this person WAS a model since they were basically acting like one of the funny trolls that come into our rooms on occasion. But eventually the funny attitude disappeared and she wrote this in my public chat: "New models already doing games in their room. Ugh. What a bunch of BS." Naturally, this pissed me off and I banned the model. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but my public chat while working wasn't really the time and place for it, ya' know? THEN a few minutes later, a guest came into my room (I'd forgotten to "Mute" after coming back from "Away" status) and said something almost exactly the same!

I am not a new model per say, but it's been awhile and I did have the new model status and most definitely entered back into MFC with a lot more knowledge of the site than when I started on it before. I was totally lost last time!

So I guess this got me thinking about a few things:

~Do some veteran models feel threatened or insulted when they see new models log in who are seemingly "well-researched"?

~ Does it annoy them when they see brand spanking new models using similar public chat tactics that the top models use?

~Does anyone feel that being scammed into showing tits and ass for free and having to struggle for every possible token before our camscores rise is a rite of passage that all models should go through?

Along the same lines, I'd like to hear from some of the premiums on MFC:

~Do you think it's ridiculous when you see new models with incredibly high countdowns that seem almost inconceivable for a 1000 camscore?

~When new girls are playing otherwise popular games in their rooms, does the lack of hundreds of guys in the room make it boring or hard to follow?

I would be curious to hear what everyone on the forum has to say about this topic-- elitists or non, new models or senior, models or premiums!

MadiSin_Moon said:
~Do you think it's ridiculous when you see new models with incredibly high countdowns that seem almost inconceivable for a 1000 camscore?
I would think it a bit odd. I wouldn't be upset or anything, but I would worry that someone new could get discouraged because they just don't have the member numbers to warrant a high countdown. If your countdown is too high for the small number of premiums, then it is likely to not get met. The model may feel like people don't like her and the premiums feel like they contributed to something that was just not going to happen. A high countdown could also discourage a premium who thinks that their tip isn't going to count in the long run.

MadiSin_Moon said:
~When new girls are playing otherwise popular games in their rooms, does the lack of hundreds of guys in the room make it boring or hard to follow?
Boring? I'd say depending on the number of guys participating. I've seen rooms with 15 premiums playing a game, where only maybe 3-5 of those premiums are participating. The game proceeds slowly, and the room number seems to be kept low BECAUSE of this. I wouldn't say hard to follow though.

MadiSin_Moon said:

I think it is unrealistic, but you know what? Tell me to go fuck myself and prove me wrong. Never let someone like me tell you what you are worth, or what you can achieve.

MadiSin_Moon said:

Most games are just played by a few tipping members, so lack of numbers does not really matter.

MadiSin_Moon said:
I would be curious to hear what everyone on the forum has to say about this topic-- elitists or non, new models or senior, models or premiums!

Some people are just snobby. The models I visit tend to be nice people, and that is what attracts me to them.

"New models already doing games in their room. Ugh. What a bunch of BS." Naturally, this pissed me off and I banned the model.
It does sound like she thinks new models should not be attempting successful tactics, which imo is pretty ridiculous.

~Do some veteran models feel threatened or insulted when they see new models log in who are seemingly "well-researched"?
Some, yes, but not all. I watch new models often. Out of every 10 who are logged in, I usually see 0-1 models who are doing well, and the majority of those models already have a lot of experience from another site. A model who is threatened because a new model is doing well seems very, very insecure to me, and I would not be surprised if she was not exactly successful herself.

~ Does it annoy them when they see brand spanking new models using similar public chat tactics that the top models use?
It does not annoy me.

~Does anyone feel that being scammed into showing tits and ass for free and having to struggle for every possible token before our camscores rise is a rite of passage that all models should go through?
I was never scammed in to showing anything for free. Many models never are. Any model who is so uneducated about he job that she falls for basic scams shouldn't have signed up, imo.

I'm with Shaun on this one.

If your game requires hundreds of active participants, then yes. Otherwise, no.
No game should be hard to follow anyway.

MadiSin_Moon said:
Not really, I might think it was unrealistic but that's entirely her business. Obviously, and models are smart enough to realise this, if no one is contributing to countdowns, but the room seems popular then they might think about lowering their prices. Again though, that's no one's business but the model's and if people say something about it I suspect they have ulterior motives for wanting prices dropped.

MadiSin_Moon said:
Not at all, I like games, spinny wheels and such. I've never really thought about whether a new model "should" do this or that...she just does her thing. I suppose now that I do consider it, all I would say is that I would think games with short-term rewards and prizes would work better than ones that require a lot of work for a big prize/countdown, if there are only a few people in the room.

I will not reply to any of the questions specifically, but a rather general reply to the overall OP.

Crap like that happens in every job. "Who the hell is this new person coming in thinking they know ANYthing?"

It's just the nature of human beings. The easy (and correct) thing to say is don't let it bother you, they are just insecure, jealous, scared, whatever. However, I also realize it's not always just that easy to let it roll off. You've worked hard to get to this point in your career. To hear that kind of derision is hard to not take personally.

But ultimately, your connection with the members in your room will determine the level of your success, not the random detractor. If you and the members in your room are happy with what's going on, then go with it. Having been a member of this forum for some time, it seems as though what you are experiencing is not indicative of what most models think.

Maybe I'm delusional and spoiled because of the community feel of this forum (thnaks Amber), but in general, models (at least here) seem to be supportive of one another.

In conclusion, I would say in the words of Lzzy Hale: "if they give you hell, tell 'em go fuck themselves."

RogueWarrior said:
In conclusion, I would say in the words of Lzzy Hale: "if they give you hell, tell 'em go fuck themselves."
I'm with Rogue and Hale on this one. She's not going to pay your bills. Her opinion is moot. Also, I like saying moot. It's not going to help her bills get paid to run around commenting on the way other girls conduct their rooms. The length of time someone has been on MFC isn't a valid gauge of what they should or can do. Some girls hit the ground running while others are late bloomers or dud out pretty swiftly. No reason to let her bitterness get to you. :cool:

MadiSin_Moon said:
So I guess this got me thinking about a few things:

MadiSin_Moon said:

Not one bit! I'm actually impressed that they did their research.

MadiSin_Moon said:

I think, no matter how much research a camgirl does, she is going to get scammed at some point or another. But struggling for tokens isn't something I did as a new model, it's something I did when my room died after 6 months or so. And then it went away again when I took a break and came back.

But no, I don't think either things is a rite of passage.

(As a model with a premium account)

MadiSin_Moon said:

Depends on a LOT of factors. How many models with high camscores are on? If she's pretty high up on the page, then she could very easily get the countdown. How many premiums are in her room? That's another factor. Is the countdown it, or is she offering incentives for each small tip? Is she friendly? Does she count privates and groups towards the countdown? All of these factors influence how high I think she can set her countdown and be successful. If she has it where I doubt she'll get it, then I think it's sad, not ridiculous. I know what it is to have high hopes dashed by the silent masses.

MadiSin_Moon said:

I have never focused on the game or countdown, so I don't know.

Marokite said:
Boring? I'd say depending on the number of guys participating. I've seen rooms with 15 premiums playing a game, where only maybe 3-5 of those premiums are participating. The game proceeds slowly, and the room number seems to be kept low BECAUSE of this. I wouldn't say hard to follow though.

I cleared almost 3/4 of PlayboyMegan's game board, by myself, on Friday morning. Thankfully, I also won by doing so. :lol:

I was in the PM window, so I have no clue how many premiums were in her room... But I was the only one tipping for like an hour and a half. :(

MadiSin_Moon said:
SO for those who don't know, I was a model on MFC awhile back, quit, and am back now on a new account. Fast-forward to last night. I logged on to do my thing, and decided to do my Rainbow Board, which is my own version of all the white-board games out there. (Clear the board, and in the process, tip a secret number to win a Skype or video but with my own twist... you all know what games I'm talking about). It was a little bit slow, but I did manage to clear the board after a couple hours and did my show.

ANYHOW, at one point a model came into my room, though I didn't realize at first that this person WAS a model since they were basically acting like one of the funny trolls that come into our rooms on occasion. But eventually the funny attitude disappeared and she wrote this in my public chat: "New models already doing games in their room. Ugh. What a bunch of BS." Naturally, this pissed me off and I banned the model. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but my public chat while working wasn't really the time and place for it, ya' know? THEN a few minutes later, a guest came into my room (I'd forgotten to "Mute" after coming back from "Away" status) and said something almost exactly the same!

Bitches like that are part of the reason I block model accounts from visiting my room. I've had catty, conniving females in my room straight up tell my viewers that I'm ugly and to go visit their rooms instead. :lol: :lol: :lol: Of course, models can always visit me on their premium account or as a guest or basic (though I mute guests and basics).

But it's none of her damn business what game you decide to play. I don't know who started the whiteboard thing, but lots of models do it, and I even got myself a giant white board from Target...nothing wrong with that. It doesn't mean that you (or I) are trying to be a copycat and do things EXACTLY the way other models do it. It's even cooler when you add your own little spin to it, and you calling it the Rainbow Board sounds pretty cool. :cool:

I think new MFC models should just have fun, but at the same time learn to control their room and not let begging or demanding assholes talk them into giving FREE this and that. I've seen models being waaay too nice to guests and basics, trying to cater to all of their requests and answer all their questions, and at the same time driving away some of the premiums (prems get annoyed when a room has been "taken over" by rude guests/basics). I think any cam site that requires you to start out in free chat mode or public chat mode (as opposed to other sites where you can just stay in 'paid chat only' mode) is gonna be difficult and require a little more patience.

Good job for completing your Rainbow Board successfully, and I hope that you do awesome on MFC! :thumbleft:

JickyJuly said:
RogueWarrior said:
I'm with Rogue and Hale on this one. She's not going to pay your bills. Her opinion is moot. Also, I like saying moot. It's not going to help her bills get paid to run around commenting on the way other girls conduct their rooms. The length of time someone has been on MFC isn't a valid gauge of what they should or can do. Some girls hit the ground running while others are late bloomers or dud out pretty swiftly. No reason to let her bitterness get to you. :cool:

I thanked your post just for this line.

:lol:

Reactions: JickyJuly
MadiSin_Moon said:
Along the same lines, I'd like to hear from some of the premiums on MFC:

Its your room Who am I to tell what you are worth!
MadiSin_Moon said:
I don't its the number of players just as long as someone is playing.
I am really surprised at the models comments. I've seen many models pop into other models rooms but none with an attitude and if they did comment it was friendly.

Reactions: MadiSin_Moon
Thanks all for your replies. Yes, sadly I think I may just have to block models from coming into my room and just let them come in as basics/ premiums. I don't like to do that since generally I enjoy models coming to visit, but for some reason this time around on MFC I'm having waaayy too many gals coming into my room making weird, rude remarks. I've only logged in a couple times, too! (I'm doing one more month of SM to save some moolah before going head first back into MFC full-time again.)

@Brown Fox, I'm also getting a number or gals coming in and PM'ing my premiums for whatever reason. It's weird, I never had that happen when I worked on MFC with my old account (or I never noticed it) but this time it's crazy! Maybe since so many more new models have signed up there's more competition or something?!

I will admit that I was scammed the first time I logged into MFC last year but it was such a dick move on the perpetrators part that I logged off and then DID my research to make sure I didn't scammed again. Someone had sent me a "fake" tip with a yellow banner and everything for 900 tokens within my first 5 minutes of being logged in. The little bell didn't ring, of course, and I thought it was real. Since I thought I'd already made my countdown, I excitedly stripped all my clothes down and even showed everyone in my room some of the pink bits. It took 3 minutes for a premium to tell me that it wasn't a real tip. I was sooo humiliated.

My point is that I would never, ever wish that would happen to another model when they start, so I guess it really stuns me that someone would be upset enough at the way I was conducting my room the other night to come out and comment on it. I guess I should be flattered that I came across as competition in the first place, haha, instead of being all butt-hurt. :)

MadiSin_Moon said:
I will admit that I was scammed the first time I logged into MFC last year but it was such a dick move on the perpetrators part that I logged off and then DID my research to make sure I didn't scammed again. Someone had sent me a "fake" tip with a yellow banner and everything for 900 tokens within my first 5 minutes of being logged in. The little bell didn't ring, of course, and I thought it was real. Since I thought I'd already made my countdown, I excitedly stripped all my clothes down and even showed everyone in my room some of the pink bits. It took 3 minutes for a premium to tell me that it wasn't a real tip. I was sooo humiliated.

I had an emote denied the first time I submitted it, because of a drug related reference in the name I think. New name, and no problem. So if they do have some kind of rules about emotes why do they allow the fake tips?

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.