AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Empty and Silent Room

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2019
Okay so I'm originally an MFC girl, but that cam score man. And the lack of inclusivity man. Sooooo I decided to try out Chaturbate, BUT DAMN. We have a couples account and even when I'm on with my partner and we have like 30-100 people in our room NO ONE TALKS. Like they literally say nothing. And tipping, jeez forget out it. And if I log on without my partner, it's even worse. No one in my room, no tips, and no talking.

I know from experience that being consistent is a huge part of camming. But damn I don't know.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Does it pick up?
Is there light at the end of this silent, nontipping tunnel?
SOS help lol

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Capryce
You need to learn how to break the ice with the viewers.. if you have 100 people in the room, get the conversation going yourself.. how? bring a conversation piece and talk about it.. ask them questions.. talk about something shocking that happened recently, ask them for help on something or their opinion on an issue..

Upvote 0
Okay so I'm originally an MFC girl, but that cam score man. And the lack of inclusivity man. Sooooo I decided to try out Chaturbate, BUT DAMN. We have a couples account and even when I'm on with my partner and we have like 30-100 people in our room NO ONE TALKS. Like they literally say nothing. And tipping, jeez forget out it. And if I log on without my partner, it's even worse. No one in my room, no tips, and no talking.

I know from experience that being consistent is a huge part of camming. But damn I don't know.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Does it pick up?
Is there light at the end of this silent, nontipping tunnel?
SOS help lol

You have to take it upon yourself to talk first! A lot of users can be shy, and it can take several greetings too before they might reply. I had someone yesterday who was dead silent for most of my stream but kept popping in and out, but by the third or fourth time of me greeting him he finally chimed in and we had a great convo and he was my biggest tipper for the day. It takes some persistence.

I greet users by name as they enter, and there's some strange user names out there, so usually I can start going off of that. If it's reference I get, like Lord of the Rings or something, I'll bring that up, or if it's a funny name I'll laugh and make jokes, or if I really don't get it I'll ask where it's from. Asking questions is big too, even just a "so what's every body up to? *wink*" sort of thing, or "what do you think of this bra" etc. Also, not complaining when it's quiet to the room. Guilt doesn't work on the internet, they just log off. I don't have a very big room but it's still quite chatty, so I'm sure with 100 users and some persistence you can get there!

Upvote 0
Sometimes a conversation can start from anything! A few days ago I was drinking coffee from a mug with Negan's face on it (you know the big badass in The Walking Dead) and I started to ask if there were any TWD fans around and it woke up the room! The trickiest thing to do then is slowly and diplomatically reorient the topic toward you and your show. Good luck, I've been there, we all have :shame:

Upvote 0
I've noticed that with couples accounts that you tend to get a lot more viewers, but the interact to total viewer ratio is usually quite a bit lower. As for things that haven't been said already, (I agree with what everyone said above me!) I would say make sure your webcam scene is something you find interesting! I know that for most people, the space you have to actually cam in can be super limited, but with some creativity you can definitely draw people in with the preview window (more viewers) and give something to talk about (more engagement).

Like for example, I just moved into a new house and the room I originally thought was going be where I set up, turned out to be ugly as fuck on camera lol. I moved my setup into the living room, got the stone fireplace in the frame, threw in a vintage chair I got from a yard sale, and an end table from goodwill that ties it all together. So like I said, just creative use of your space can go a long way and you don't have to spend a lot of money :)

Reactions: Capryce
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.