AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

End of pay period

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2013
Midwest USA
Twitter Username
@pg2400
MFC Username
pg240
Searched and didn't see anything about this, so since once again my curiosity has been aroused I'm going to ask:

Do you work the last day of a pay period or do you avoid the crowds? Obviously, the question sort of answers itself since a lot of models are on cam. But do some of you purposely log enough hours and try to hit enough goals earlier to avoid having to cam when the traffic is so high? Or is it actually a good time to cam because traffic is also high on the other side of the cam?

I suppose it's a moot question for models in the running for end-of-month cash rewards on MFC. I'd expect them to be protecting or trying to improve their positions.

I often have a good time at the end of the month. I don't avoid it, I think I enjoy working under pressure to some degree. Most tippers have been paid and it's nice to finish the month with a boost. Working the 15th is just like any other day. I try not to think about the millions other chat rooms available and just focus on mine. :D

Same, I rarely find the end of the pay period to be much different than other days, except that maybe the initial room build up is a tad slower.
Heck the 15th of June had less than 1,000 models online!

It's usually either dead or amazing for me. It's either my regulars competing for highest tip/tipper of the month, or if they're not there (or unable to tip), then it's terrible because the random members who pop in and out aren't going to stop by my room when there's so many other girls on. I'm not able to get on all that often, so I get on when I can get on, even if I think it will be a bad day. I get offline if after an hour it isn't working out, but I almost always try.

I normally get on but most of the time I have to give up by about the 30 minute mark because it's too dead. :/

Reactions: pg240
I thought this was gonna be about models' money running out when Aunt Flo shows up.

I'm quite adamant about sticking to my schedule so I wont ever let the pay period days change if I log on or not, if it's not during my weekend (Tues and Weds) then I am logging on!

I will say that there have definitely been times, especially the end of the month, where it's been a bit slower for me but I generally try to just remain optimistic and always do my very best. I DO have those dates circled on my calendar though to help remind me to perhaps hold back as far as incredibly special shows, however I've recently been rethinking that idea because I believe I should ALWAYS be trying my best to put on a great show.

I've experienced nights where I wore a fabulous costume that I worked hard on and then agonized through trying to progress the show, and I think those couple times concerned me and so I held back on a few other "end of pay period" shows. But I think it's also a great opportunity to take advantage of potential increased exposure and just attempt to be so amazing they don't want to leave. :-D

For the first time, last night, I had the perspective of trying to achieve a rank goal and I can see how it is TOTALLY different being online during that experience! It's very exciting for everyone and having a goal that everyone can work towards and help with is pretty invigorating. It was a neat experience that I'd like to have again at some point!

I been on mfc for over a year now and never tipped during that end of the pay period. I really need to set aside some tokens to do that since it's guaranteed that most models will be on that day :-D

I pretty much always work these days. They're touch and go, I've had some of my best nights around then and some of my worst. A lot of people get paid at the end of the month rather than on the 1st so I find a lot of people have money. But the reason I tend to cam is because often I haven't cammed enough at the beginning of the pay period and am trying to make up for it.

Reactions: pg240
monkeytatz69 said:
I been on mfc for over a year now and never tipped during that end of the pay period. I really need to set aside some tokens to do that since it's guaranteed that most models will be on that day :-D

I always run out of tokens a few days before the end of the month, so I'm never tipping then.

Reactions: monkeytatz69
I feel you there ComicOzzie but luckily I get paid at the end of the month :-D but now my problem is when I get paid is right about the same time or after the new month begins :crybaby:

Reactions: ComicOzzie
Generally I don't unless I'm feeling adventurous or am like really behind on my goals. Usually it's pretty dead for me bc I'm never competing for a spot in Miss MFC so even some of my regulars will be out visiting their other fave models who are.

On the last day I either do really well or absolutely nothing at all.... although that may just be my overall cam style... :whistle:
But I've definitely had a few of my best days ever on the last day of the month or pay period so I try not to let them intimidate me too much.

More than 1,300 models on MFC at 10:30 this morning (July 31). Is that higher than usual for this time of day? Seems like whenever I glance at that number it's more than 1,000, so maybe not much higher than normal.

pg240 said:
More than 1,300 models on MFC at 10:30 this morning (July 31). Is that higher than usual for this time of day? Seems like whenever I glance at that number it's more than 1,000, so maybe not much higher than normal.

There were almost 1,700 online yesterday, so 1,300 seems pretty normal to me.

Reactions: SoTxBob
ComicOzzie said:
pg240 said:
There were almost 1,700 online yesterday, so 1,300 seems pretty normal to me.

makes me take a brief trip in the wayback machine with Prof. Peabody... When a busy last day of the period or even a fri/sat was 800-900... and guys actually tipped instead of sat in silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.