AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

European Studios Questions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried going to the smaller rooms and I just find it kind of sad and I don't like giving my tokens out because I am feeling sorry for them.
The only sad person here is you, man.

And I enjoy when the whale shows up and does drop the 300 or 500 at a time - have seen a 1,000 token tip - was like wow - and that model murmered his name for a while.
I've seen quite a few posts where you stated that you enjoy when some whales show up so you don't feel obligated.

Total white knight for me and I had to stop going. No lie.
A small room can be very cozy and welcoming. Established models with smaller rooms usually are the ones who only do private shows.
They don't wait for you to tip out of pity. They're here for a private shows.

So they actually offer their services and you pay for it if you want an 1-1 interaction. It can't be considered a white-knighting. You're getting the service. You're paying for the service.

And if it makes you feel obligated or sad, LMAO.

I probably should have ignored but your posts annoyed the fuck out of me. Sorry not sorry.

I don't dislike larger rooms as I used to frequent and tip a lot, but if a models getting tipped 500 tkns say every few mins it takes me out of the experience and I'm not gonna break the bank to get a little interaction since she has no incentive unless I give like 1000 tkns to stand out. The veiwbot thing is theory it happens on a lot of sites like twitch yet some lady's probably just got a massive following. I'll never discount hard work for I've seen some Women grinding for years to get 50 views and 1 or 2 regulars.

Smaller rooms can be depressing yes, however, as a tipper you can change that and it's good to mix things up. Most of the Women who I tip the most I found on page 2 or 3 not cause a bang for buck but they're the ones who usually do the best PVTS.

I know nothing about white knighting so can't help you fellas there, nevertheless it can be easy to get caught up so yes just enjoy yourself at the end of the day!

It really depends on the model and her room with how things go. Some top models won't recognize the occasion 20tkn tip, while others do well to acknowledge them and say thank you. Many models won't say "thank you" to every 1tkn tip, especially in a wall or large group. They will usually say "Thank you for the tips" in a general sense.

But, I've found that if you tend to tip relatively often and are active in their room, models will interact with you. It isn't all about being a whale in a model's room to get her attention. Some guys like that ego trip though.

White knighting is where members feel like they need to "save" a model because they think she's poor, needs food, etc. so they step in and try to be their protector. Their "knight in shining armor" if you will.

A small room can be very cozy and welcoming. Established models with smaller rooms usually are the ones who only do private shows.
They don't wait for you to tip out of pity. They're here for a private shows.

One of the models that I visit is usually in the top ranks and she doesn't do privates, nor does she even get naked. But, she has a pretty small room, and is really inviting to people. Like you said, it's cozy and welcoming. Great change of pace from the more publicly explicit models. I've never had an issue tipping in public for whatever reason, and it's usually "just because". though, if I do tip for anything on the menu it's usually a song request.

The models with smaller rooms who I do privates with are enjoyable both in and out of privates, and it's nice to have that connection with them more than just doing privates.

For me, it's more about feeling welcome and having some level of connection with a model. Usually that's built up in the room before I take her private.

The models with smaller rooms who I do privates with are enjoyable both in and out of privates, and it's nice to have that connection with them more than just doing privates.

For me, it's more about feeling welcome and having some level of connection with a model. Usually that's built up in the room before I take her private.
Yeah, and it doesn't seem like a white-knighting.
You pay because you enjoy the interaction with them in and out.
I got a strong feeling from his posts that he considers almost any small room sad and boring by default. I.e. once he's in a small room, he starts being sorry for a model (just because she has a small room) and, therefore, feels obligated to tip. That's not the case.
Cam-rooms shouldn't elicit pity just because these rooms are small.

I'm not gonna lie, some of his posts in other threads were pretty annoying to me too. I just don't like the ideas he represents, I guess.

It really depends on the model and her room with how things go. Some top models won't recognize the occasion 20tkn tip, while others do well to acknowledge them and say thank you. Many models won't say "thank you" to every 1tkn tip, especially in a wall or large group. They will usually say "Thank you for the tips" in a general sense.

But, I've found that if you tend to tip relatively often and are active in their room, models will interact with you. It isn't all about being a whale in a model's room to get her attention. Some guys like that ego trip though.

White knighting is where members feel like they need to "save" a model because they think she's poor, needs food, etc. so they step in and try to be their protector. Their "knight in shining armor" if you will.

Hm, I've tipped 400 tkns to a bigger room and it was brushed off like it was nothing special, yet when tipping 400 to a smaller room the girl went nuts and was genuinely shocked. To me a thank you is nice but some top models don't even PM or show zero interest. But I get it they got a lot of people in the room impossible to get to everybody.. I don't even gotta be a regular or active tipper in a smaller room to get some conversation going. I agree its more than about Pvts although my golden rule is not to get overly attached cause that often leads to overspending.

As for white knights just gotta say wow so how do they go about protecting them exactly like scare off all the other guys ?

Yeah, and it doesn't seem like a white-knighting.
You pay because you enjoy the interaction with them in and out.
I got a strong feeling from his posts that he considers almost any small room sad and boring by default. I.e. once he's in a small room, he starts being sorry for a model (just because she has a small room) and, therefore, feels obligated to tip. That's not the case.
Cam-rooms shouldn't elicit pity just because these rooms are small.

I'm not gonna lie, some of his posts in other threads were pretty annoying to me too. I just don't like the ideas he represents, I guess.

Yep, I enjoy my time with the models I visit and like to show appreciation. I don't tip out of pity, though on occasion might tip for something they say they're saving up for or the like. But, it's pretty rare to do.

There's been times he's made comments about waiting for the whales, and strikes a chord with me too. I don't like to be in rooms if I don't/won't/can't tip because I feel like I'm freeloading. But, who knows, he might have changed as he did say he tipped previously as well. I try not to pass judgement too much.

Hm, I've tipped 400 tkns to a bigger room and it was brushed off like it was nothing special, yet when tipping 400 to a smaller room the girl went nuts and was genuinely shocked. To me a thank you is nice but some top models don't even PM or show zero interest. But I get it they got a lot of people in the room impossible to get to everybody.. I don't even gotta be a regular or active tipper in a smaller room to get some conversation going. I agree its more than about Pvts although my golden rule is not to get overly attached cause that often leads to overspending.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen where models aren't appreciative. Hell, I tipped 1500 to a mid/low-ranked model and she just said thanks. So, it goes both ways. We all have our preferences, so what works for one isn't necessarily going to for the other.

As for white knights just gotta say wow so how do they go about protecting them exactly like scare off all the other guys ?
What I mean by protecting is it's not so much about scaring off the other guys. It's more about saving the models from what they perceive as being this poor, broke, desperate and destitute woman who's being taken advantage of. So, these white knights tip like crazy trying to "save" their damsel in distress. Admittedly, some models play this well as a con game and will take full advantage of these kinds of guys. Other times, it's just how the guys perceive things.

These are also the guys who get obsessive about "their" models. If you've read any of the "I'm in love with a camgirl" threads, you'll also notice that it's a common theme.

Yep, I enjoy my time with the models I visit and like to show appreciation. I don't tip out of pity, though on occasion might tip for something they say they're saving up for or the like. But, it's pretty rare to do.

There's been times he's made comments about waiting for the whales, and strikes a chord with me too. I don't like to be in rooms if I don't/won't/can't tip because I feel like I'm freeloading. But, who knows, he might have changed as he did say he tipped previously as well. I try not to pass judgement too much.
I tip roughly $25 an hour so that's 250 and if am around for the squirt show and not have to leave etc then I'm in for $100 and at chaturbate room i go to is a 1,500 goal so i am usually 1/2 to 2/3 of it =) So I tip. I have not dropped anthing over 100 at a time thus my refersense to the whales who I see drop 300 and up in 1 tip =) Saw a 1,000 once - and they guy left so ya not sure how and why that was. I am there to see a show and if isn't many tippers then there is no show - sadly =) And I've been hustled in pvt in the small rooms - the lush is in - paying by the minute but need some lush for the show - a $30 deal turns into $60 =) Lesson learned =)

I tip roughly $25 an hour so that's 250 and if am around for the squirt show and not have to leave etc then I'm in for $100 and at chaturbate room i go to is a 1,500 goal so i am usually 1/2 to 2/3 of it =) So I tip. I have not dropped anthing over 100 at a time thus my refersense to the whales who I see drop 300 and up in 1 tip =) Saw a 1,000 once - and they guy left so ya not sure how and why that was. I am there to see a show and if isn't many tippers then there is no show - sadly =) And I've been hustled in pvt in the small rooms - the lush is in - paying by the minute but need some lush for the show - a $30 deal turns into $60 =) Lesson learned =)

For clarity, I wasn't saying you never tip. Just remembered some of your posts saying you prefer not to, or wait for the whales to show in some instances. I think that's how you worded it?

I think the lush issue you described can happen in any rank of model. I know some who provide it included with the private, and I know some who leave tipping activated. The models I visit, only one uses it on occasion and when we go private she takes it out. But, then towards the end, she'll use it as external stimulation.

As to the cum show, I'm one of those who doesn't matter if I make it to the end show or not. I'm not always there long enough, and can't make a regular time work for me. Sometimes I prefer not to see the cum show, too many wankers making public comments instead of hidden tip notes to the model.

For clarity, I wasn't saying you never tip. Just remembered some of your posts saying you prefer not to, or wait for the whales to show in some instances. I think that's how you worded it?

I think the lush issue you described can happen in any rank of model. I know some who provide it included with the private, and I know some who leave tipping activated. The models I visit, only one uses it on occasion and when we go private she takes it out. But, then towards the end, she'll use it as external stimulation.

As to the cum show, I'm one of those who doesn't matter if I make it to the end show or not. I'm not always there long enough, and can't make a regular time work for me. Sometimes I prefer not to see the cum show, too many wankers making public comments instead of hidden tip notes to the model.
oh no worries- just saying I tip - not huge amounts at once but lots over time =) Is a room for all for all of us and a every model has own look and personality so someone for everyone. And I am new - only been watching cams a month now - quarantine locked me in my house hahaha So now I've found what works for me and has helped me to manage to budget the tokens =) So whatever works for sure. And the show I hang out is a squirt show with a big cum at the end so yep - if in a rush and want to see the squirt then 200 to 300 token will get the squirt as long as some have been tipping before you got there. I put almost 700 in today - technical difficulties there but saw 2 or 3 squirt and spent almost 3 hours there so was all good - is like going to a stripper bar to hang with the gang =)

Yes, that's why I gave the description the first time as I did. These studios are in Ukraine. Though, I know a few other studios who operate similar to how you described in other areas of Ukraine.

As I said, it's the manager/admin who is coaching them for a while until the new model is ready to be on her own. The idea is that the models are then self-sufficient to be on their own and not have to rely on others for interaction. Once the model is able to work on her own, without someone guiding her, the manager/admin will work with others or walk the area to make sure nothing's wrong.

The interesting part of all of this is that of the two managers I got to know, they both were previously models and had active accounts so if they were seen on screen it wasn't a violation. Once I got to know one of them pretty good, she'd come in and sit down next to the model when I'd be in the room. She wasn't fully on screen but could see part of her. On occasion she'd lean into the camera and joke around. Or, if she knew I was in a private with one of the models, she'd show up in the private and both would be there for the duration. She'd also send me pics via app. The other manager only showed her face a couple of times on screen, and most times I only saw a hand or part of the body. Though, she did do a couple of privates with me, as well as send pics via messenger apps. The first one is who left the industry, and I no longer have contact with her. The second is the one who I still keep in contact somewhat regularly.

Managers (Admins are always former or actual experienced models, I never seen a studio working otherwise. Through all may not have active accounts. or not in the same sites as models. Through I'm surprised that urkrainian studios mix operator and admins work. Now that you said I recalled that I actuallt never saw a studio from Ukraine during my work as an operatot - most of studios were from Kyrgizisthan. Kazakstan and Russian countryside.

Can I ask why YOU prefer to work as a studio model over working as an independent model?

I have three sets of reasons
The first is the social one. I started as an independent model. and I hated that job badly, and would have probably quit it if i didn't joined a studio. I felt myself horribly by staying indoor and streaming for half a day, without human contact (members don't count). While i work in the studio, we all have a voice and writting chat opened, with models, operators and admins, and chatting, commenting members (models usually stalk in each other rooms), and I can take a break at any moment, chatting in the kitchen with others models. and finally take a beer in the local pub with coworkers speaking about the job (which isn't exactly easy with other people). It helps during empty room blues, and usually models which had a good day tip those who had a bad one (mostly to push members to tip too, but that's still pleasant).

The second is the mentoring one. Having insight about former models that have been on the top of any site and that are willing to share their insight is quite precious to me. most of internet advices are geared toward big sites as MFC and Chaturbate, but it's easier for a new model to climb to the first lines of lower traffic sites. And Anyway there is a lot of knowledge that isn't really findable (like - how to manage a situation when you got into two simultaneous pvt and such). Studios also share all model notes about big users, so if i get one in my room I have a lot of information about his tastes, what he likes or dislikes etc. I didn't had big lamguages issues but i really appreciate the time while I worked with an experimented operator who taught me how to behave with members, how to avoid time consuming low tippers, PM fantasists etc. Now I'm more the one giving advices to the models in my studio, but I love that part too.

The third is financial, I don't plan a web model career, so anything i have to buy for it is a net loss for me. I could remade my flat, buy and install professional lighting, top notch camera, a huge wardrobe. a collection of sex toys, but i have no idea what to do with this when I'll stop this job. There I have it for free, and even more as a professional make up artist, hairdresser, gym and such.

So I guess it's a different mind set from independent model but it fits way more to me.

In the studios where you worked, how often were operators assigned one-to-one to a model, versus how often did one operator help multiple models at the same time?

Nope, I never saw an operator leading several models at the same time - as usual operator lead models work on 6-7 sites at the same time he would have no time do so. Usually an operator works with only one model overall. When he starts his work he change quite often as it's hard to find a good operator-model couple that's works (most operators as models are specialized into some sites, fetishes and such. and they have to fit each other).

Big studios have test models - models that receive a wage and that are working to train new operators.

The third is financial, I don't plan a web model career, so anything i have to buy for it is a net loss for me. I could remade my flat, buy and install professional lighting, top notch camera, a huge wardrobe. a collection of sex toys, but i have no idea what to do with this when I'll stop this job. There I have it for free, and even more as a professional make up artist, hairdresser, gym and such.

What % did the studio get? 30 to 40% or ?

So a studio just buys sex toys for one model then throw them away? Or reuse for other models?

Reactions: SaffronBurke
What % did the studio get? 30 to 40% or ?
Depending from the studio type. Online studios that give you only online support and counselling takes 10%. House studios that provide you only a place to stream take about 20-30%. Full studios, as the one I described and where I work usually have a degressive % depending of the earning. In my case it's 50%, 40% for work periods above 1500$, 30% for work periods above 3000$, 20% for work periods above 4500.

So a studio just buys sex toys for one model then throw them away? Or reuse for other models?

It's a bit different - the studio give you a fixed sum of money to buy toys each month and you use it as you wish (except that you usually buy the lush first). THen you are the owner of the toys, even usually keep them in the case you quit the studio.

I had to come back say - tried the big rooms for a while - enjoyed it but then started to notice the model is coming and going - guess doing privates or skype on another site. I ended up today with a great lady in a room with 25 people - she was doing the sexy talk and looking good and was one of the best cam days I had in while. So yep - big or small room - is lots of great ladies doing this =)

Depending from the studio type. Online studios that give you only online support and counselling takes 10%. House studios that provide you only a place to stream take about 20-30%. Full studios, as the one I described and where I work usually have a degressive % depending of the earning. In my case it's 50%, 40% for work periods above 1500$, 30% for work periods above 3000$, 20% for work periods above 4500.
The thing that will ALWAYS get me is that this percentage that the studio takes is AFTER the amount that the cam site takes from the customers.

In essence, a cam model is getting used for a much larger percentage than might meet the naked eye. Thus, I will always advocate for models working directly on the cam site vs. using a studio to be a middle man.

I had to come back say - tried the big rooms for a while - enjoyed it but then started to notice the model is coming and going - guess doing privates or skype on another site. I ended up today with a great lady in a room with 25 people - she was doing the sexy talk and looking good and was one of the best cam days I had in while. So yep - big or small room - is lots of great ladies doing this =)

Not all of the top models do privates. I think most of the top models on MFC typically stay out of Privates, especially when their room is pretty active and relatively steady with tokens as doing a private can be a money loser for them. If you're not familiar with it, a Private on MFC is 60 tokens/minute a TruePrivate is 80/min. If on average they are bringing in more than that, it's a net loss for them. Even if they break even, it might be a net loss simply because it takes time to build a room back up again when they return.

The thing that will ALWAYS get me is that this percentage that the studio takes is AFTER the amount that the cam site takes from the customers.

In essence, a cam model is getting used for a much larger percentage than might meet the naked eye. Thus, I will always advocate for models working directly on the cam site vs. using a studio to be a middle man.
I didn't get you idea here. The studio has to take his % at the same time as the cam site? THe model will receive barely anything in this case.

If you take a theoretical model with a camsite taking 60% and a studio taking 20%

She earns 1000. 600 is retained by the site. The studio receive 400. and leave 320 to the model in the current situation

If both take their earnings from the initial 1000. the camsite will take 600 and the studio 200. leaving the model with 200.

It seems like paying taxes over your turnover rather then your profit for a company.

• Wat?!
Reactions: MarieElise
I didn't get you idea here.
We'll take MFC for example (or CB which is similar in pricing).

MFC charges ~$20 for 200 tokens. They then will give a model $10 if that member tips all the 200 tokens to her (Comes to 50% of customer's money). If it's a STUDIO account, the STUDIO gets the $10, then the ACTUAL model gets whatever is left after the studio takes their % of that $10. Say Studio takes 40% of it.... The model now gets... what is that $6?

So an MFC model would make $10 per 200 tokens, a Studio MFC model would make $6.

I'm not sure how this doesn't bother you. Because they give you a stipend for that $15 dildo you could have written off on your taxes had you purchased it yourself as a direct/non-studio model? Because they helped you with your wifi connection? Or what?

If both take their earnings from the initial 1000. the camsite will take 600 and the studio 200. leaving the model with 200.
And to go off of your math, you're ok with only making %20 of your member's money?

We'll take MFC for example (or CB which is similar in pricing).

MFC charges ~$20 for 200 tokens. They then will give a model $10 if that member tips all the 100 tokens to her (Comes to 50% of customer's money). If it's a STUDIO account, the STUDIO gets the $10, then the ACTUAL model gets whatever is left after the studio takes their % of that $10. Say Studio takes 40% of it.... The model now gets... what is that $6?

So an MFC model would make $10 per 200 tokens, a Studio MFC model would make $6.

I'm not sure how this doesn't bother you. Because they give you a stipend for that $15 dildo you could have written off on your taxes had you purchased it yourself as a direct/non-studio model? Because they helped you with your wifi connection? Or what?

Is that post is about if that bothers me or not? If that's the case I already answered to this several post above.

And to go off of your math, you're ok with only making %20 of your member's money?

I'm amazed by you math skills.

But nope, I'm not ok with making around 30% of my real earning before studio % while I work on Imlive. Streamate or Flirt which are my main sites outside SP. You know that pretty well from another thread, so why asking again?

Is that post is about if that bothers me or not? If that's the case I already answered to this several post above.

I'm amazed by you math skills.

But nope, I'm not ok with making around 30% of my real earning before studio % while I work on Imlive. Streamate or Flirt which are my main sites outside SP. You know that pretty well from another thread, so why asking again?
Because I think your Stockholm syndrome might have messed with your reality in how much income you miss out on using a studio.

Because I think your Stockholm syndrome might have messed with your reality in how much income you miss out on using a studio.

Said by a person who missed a percentage calculation.

Thank you. your opinion matters a lot to me. I'll deeply ponder it before recontacting you for an answer.

Thank you. your opinion matters a lot to me. I'll deeply ponder it before recontacting you for an answer.
I may be off slightly on the calculation. Maybe someone smarter than me can break it down for me.

Either way you are making far less than a direct to cam site model would.

I may be off slightly on the calculation. Maybe someone smarter than me can break it down for me.

That is correct. The site pays out the studio the full earnings, then it's the studios job to pay the model, after taking out their portion and your math is beautiful like your face!

Like this is how it works for every camsite.

Last edited:
I didn't get you idea here. The studio has to take his % at the same time as the cam site? THe model will receive barely anything in this case.

If you take a theoretical model with a camsite taking 60% and a studio taking 20%

She earns 1000. 600 is retained by the site. The studio receive 400. and leave 320 to the model in the current situation

It seems like paying taxes over your turnover rather then your profit for a company.
I didn't follow your math here, but I was able to follow Amber's. Putting the past conversations, and your attitude aside, I don't understand how you can be OK with this percentage?
Presumably you have to get up and either travel by car or by public transit to this studio (therefor costing you lots of $$, especially if by car). Then you have to be somewhere at a predetermined time, rather than being able to adjust to your current energy levels and mood, and "go with the flow". On top of this, you have to deal with not having the control of which coworkers you work around, and are forced to interact with on a shift basis, plus social pressure on God knows what else. I just don't get why you are so gung-ho on studios. I feel you must either by lying to yourself, us, or both.

ETA; I'm also assuming, I guess, that you're doing all of this with a huge purse full of dildo's on your arm. Because I sure as Hell, wouldn't be leaving mine laying around, for a potentially disorganized coworker to be grabbing in a jiffy.

Based off this post, the rate is variable depending upon how much a model makes in a pay period:

In another post, she also commented on reasons why she is in a studio, verses being on her own. I kind of understand her reasoning on it. But, I see the benefit of being independent more. I know a few cam models who stick with studios because they don't have a place to cam due to other family members, kids, etc as well as reasons such as not wanting to deal with the pay issues.

I by no means know enough on this subject to be helpful on this. In a sense, it's kind of like the argument of type of employment in the vanilla sector. Do you want to be an employee of a company for lower wages yet get some benefits, be a subcontractor, or go out on your own and try to make it. Each has their pros and cons, as well as various risks associated with it. One might be right for some, while the other isn't viable for others for various reasons.

Reactions: Beawaresweety

I didn't follow your math here, but I was able to follow Amber's. Putting the past conversations, and your attitude aside, I don't understand how you can be OK with this percentage?
Presumably you have to get up and either travel by car or by public transit to this studio (therefor costing you lots of $$, especially if by car). Then you have to be somewhere at a predetermined time, rather than being able to adjust to your current energy levels and mood, and "go with the flow". On top of this, you have to deal with not having the control of which coworkers you work around, and are forced to interact with on a shift basis, plus social pressure on God knows what else. I just don't get why you are so gung-ho on studios. I feel you must either by lying to yourself, us, or both.

ETA; I'm also assuming, I guess, that you're doing all of this with a huge purse full of dildo's on your arm. Because I sure as Hell, wouldn't be leaving mine laying around, for a potentially disorganized coworker to be grabbing in a jiffy.

Well I'm just really amused but how everybody is trying to proof me wrong on one topic by mixing it with another one.

To explain it - I don't advocate studios at all. i would agree that financially speaking it's more interesting for an model that plan a long modeling career to work independently rather then in a studio.

However I'm a part time model that plan to stop the whole camthing after my diploma next year. I could invest to make my (rented) apartment more appealing for caming, buy professional light, heavily invest in a sexy wardrobe that I wont ever wear outside of work, sex toys, make up, various fetishes objects. And end with a ton of useless stuff that I'll have to trow away in one year.

So in this case having a prepaid solution makes sense.

Another important resource is time - I'm pretty sure that all of you made some beginner mistakes while you started. Just look at the number of threads "I'm a new model. and it doesn't work at all" on this forum.

So having a counselling that gives you a kickstart in a studio may worth it. If you remain for years in this studio, obviously the cost of this counselling will become way higher then the money that you saved at the start.

Finally there is social reasons that I've already wrote about - I started as an independent model, and I would have probably quit it if I didn't switched for a good studio at some point.

So I'm not advocating studios at all, but I'm not bothered by what they take from me in my current situation. But I'm bothered by the percentage taken by camsites, whether models are from studios or independant.

Well I'm just really amused but how everybody is trying to proof me wrong on one topic by mixing it with another one.

To explain it - I don't advocate studios at all. i would agree that financially speaking it's more interesting for an model that plan a long modeling career to work independently rather then in a studio.

However I'm a part time model that plan to stop the whole camthing after my diploma next year. I could invest to make my (rented) apartment more appealing for caming, buy professional light, heavily invest in a sexy wardrobe that I wont ever wear outside of work, sex toys, make up, various fetishes objects. And end with a ton of useless stuff that I'll have to trow away in one year.

So in this case having a prepaid solution makes sense.

Another important resource is time - I'm pretty sure that all of you made some beginner mistakes while you started. Just look at the number of threads "I'm a new model. and it doesn't work at all" on this forum.

So having a counselling that gives you a kickstart in a studio may worth it. If you remain for years in this studio, obviously the cost of this counselling will become way higher then the money that you saved at the start.

Finally there is social reasons that I've already wrote about - I started as an independent model, and I would have probably quit it if I didn't switched for a good studio at some point.

So I'm not advocating studios at all, but I'm not bothered by what they take from me in my current situation. But I'm bothered by the percentage taken by camsites, whether models are from studios or independant.
I feel like this is the first time you've spoken in such a manner that we understand WHY you make the sacrifice of income for convenience and don't argue that it's a better situation for models.

Previously you've made comments (hence the "stockholm syndrome" post reference) that insinuate that you think non-studio models are silly for doing it how they do.

If you'd like to post direct links to your exact posts that indicate you feel as you do in the quoted statement that might help some of us understand you. But previously, it would seem that all you've done is defend studio camming as the best option.

Cam site takes 50% of the initial $20
20 x 0.5 = 10
20 - 10 = 10

Studio takes 40% of $10
10 x 0.4 = 4
10 - 4 = 6

Model gets $6 out of the original 20.

The only thing wrong with Ambers math is that 6 is 30% of 20, not 20%, but
1. That could have been a typo
2. It literally doesn’t matter and in no way detracts from her argument, so bringing it up is an obvious deflection. Besides saying 6 out of 20 is a much clearer way to illustrate a point than just using a percentage, so pointing out the percentage when the rest of the math is fine is an especially pointless statement to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.