AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

European Studios Questions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm just really amused but how everybody is trying to proof me wrong on one topic by mixing it with another one.

To explain it - I don't advocate studios at all. i would agree that financially speaking it's more interesting for an model that plan a long modeling career to work independently rather then in a studio.

However I'm a part time model that plan to stop the whole camthing after my diploma next year. I could invest to make my (rented) apartment more appealing for caming, buy professional light, heavily invest in a sexy wardrobe that I wont ever wear outside of work, sex toys, make up, various fetishes objects. And end with a ton of useless stuff that I'll have to trow away in one year.

So in this case having a prepaid solution makes sense.

Another important resource is time - I'm pretty sure that all of you made some beginner mistakes while you started. Just look at the number of threads "I'm a new model. and it doesn't work at all" on this forum.

So having a counselling that gives you a kickstart in a studio may worth it. If you remain for years in this studio, obviously the cost of this counselling will become way higher then the money that you saved at the start.

Finally there is social reasons that I've already wrote about - I started as an independent model, and I would have probably quit it if I didn't switched for a good studio at some point.

So I'm not advocating studios at all, but I'm not bothered by what they take from me in my current situation. But I'm bothered by the percentage taken by camsites, whether models are from studios or independant.
I will check back in on this later. I'm about to get my ass chewed out, for not having done my weeding and shit on this Goddamn Animal Crossing Island, where all of a sudden I'm like 60K bells in debt, for a one way flight, and a fricken tent. Lol. Seriously tho, my roommate is Lord of the Island, and he takes this extremely seriously.

I'm too lazy for doing post searching now. But if you could link my post that indicate that i think that

Previously you've made comments (hence the "stockholm syndrome" post reference) that insinuate that you think non-studio models are silly for doing it how they do.

I would be very grateful.

I spoke about Stockholm syndrome only related to webcamsites that concerns all models - studio or independent one.

I also have a good recalling of a post where I said that I'm ok with studio percentage because that cover my lazyness, and that was multiply quoted "ur ok with pay fr lazyness but not to websites LOL"

I will check back in on this later. I'm about to get my ass chewed out, for not having done my weeding and shit on this Goddamn Animal Crossing Island, where all of a sudden I'm like 60K bells in debt, for a one way flight, and a fricken tent. Lol. Seriously tho, my roommate is Lord of the Island, and he takes this extremely seriously.
I was stuck in debt a while back thanks to fucking zipper. That damn rabbit and his eggs ruined my resource gathering to progress most of last month.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
We'll take MFC for example (or CB which is similar in pricing).

MFC charges ~$20 for 200 tokens. They then will give a model $10 if that member tips all the 200 tokens to her (Comes to 50% of customer's money). If it's a STUDIO account, the STUDIO gets the $10, then the ACTUAL model gets whatever is left after the studio takes their % of that $10. Say Studio takes 40% of it.... The model now gets... what is that $6?

So an MFC model would make $10 per 200 tokens, a Studio MFC model would make $6.

I'm not sure how this doesn't bother you. Because they give you a stipend for that $15 dildo you could have written off on your taxes had you purchased it yourself as a direct/non-studio model? Because they helped you with your wifi connection? Or what?
Math is correct if the studio takes the 40% cut of what an independent model would get. Hell to the no. All the toys, lingerie, costumes, laptops, cams, crops etc that I get for camming I write off at tax time (I have 2 custom PCs just for camming) Adds up but noooowhere near 40%. Screw that. That 40% is already my taxes and that's such a hard thing to fork over. Plus I like time flexibility. Could never do 8 straight hours camming with a lunch break. Or have to deal with a boss again. I'll never go back to a corporate environment again!

Shouldn't studios also somehow work with camsites to get better tokens to cash conversion?..

So if a studio cut is 40%, from 100$(20 is not a convenient number) member's dollars:
- 30$(and %) is going for model
- 20$(and %) is going for studio from their 40% cut on a model

Also if studio is working with camsites directly, and have additionally n% from default 50% cut; for example if camsite would take 40% and share 10% to studio, then studio will get additional n%, and camsite will get (50-n)%...

(but idk how generous is that additional % is for studio from camsites... More or less then 10%?..)
((if more then 10%, and 40% cut, then studio will get even more member's money then a model...))

Btw, a little bit of numbers magic...

If someone camming at a studio that cut's 40%, that's mean that if they were to choose to cam solo, they actually would get a 67% more money from tipped tokens... (although, you may earn less tokens in total without studio benefits)

... this is because how to us is more intuitive to represent relations in addition and substraction, other than in multiplication and division. So a -40% cut, actually means 1.67 times less. And without that cut you would get 1.67 times more money from tokens, which is 67% more...

.... you can abuse if, to get bigger or lesser numbers... Like "33% less price" feels less exciting than "50% more chips!!11!"... or "we'll take only 40%" feels not that worse than "you would get 67% more by working alone". "(although, you may earn less tokens in total without studio benefits)"

No it doesn't work like that at all and this is mostly nonsense. Sites do not handle payouts at all for studio models first of all. Let alone direct contact.
It goes member spends > site takes their percentage > pays out studio > studio takes their percentage > studio pays model.

I have sometimes found that some see the 50% that the studio receives from the site as a new 100% further down the chain, adding to the percentage confusion. So:
1000 tk (100%) tipped -> site keeps 500 (50%) -> 500 (50%) to studio -> studio keeps e.g. 200 (20%) -> e.g. 300 (30%) to model
is the same as
1000 tk tipped -> site keeps 500 -> 500 to studio (100% of studio 'income') -> studio keeps 200 (40%) -> 300 (60%) to model

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I have sometimes found that some see the 50% that the studio receives from the site as a new 100% further down the chain [...]

Well, this is how supply chains work all over the world in all economies. Each link in the tipper -> site -> studio -> model chain adds value to the service, so it makes economically sense for everyone involved. At least when you consider the bigger picture. I have no idea about the real numbers involved, but I assume the expense of setting up yourself as a 100% independent cam model is not something everyone can afford (PC, cam, room, lighting, connection etc. etc.)

Maybe the 1000 tk tip that ends up as 300 tks in the model's pocket isn't such a bad deal for those who aren't rock stars in the cam world. There is "management overhead" either way. Someone has to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.