AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Eve Phoenix. In a bit of trouble.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryBoBerry

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jul 6, 2011
Eve came to America on vacation and unfortunately she and a friend got robbed. Thought I'd post her tweets here in case anyone feels like helping out. Read from the bottom message up.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 7_4_2013 , 12_49_18 AM.jpg
    Screenshot - 7_4_2013 , 12_49_18 AM.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 445
  • Screenshot - 7_4_2013 , 12_49_33 AM.jpg
    Screenshot - 7_4_2013 , 12_49_33 AM.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 443
Jupiter551 said:
:/ Maybe some models in NY can check on her or something.
I originally thought that too. But I have a sneaking suspicion her phone charger was in the bag that got stolen and her phone is out of juice. She hasn't replied to any DM's on twitter this evening. Hopefully she just can't find a place to plug it in and is trying to get some sleep.

Payoneer just told me it could take 2 work days -.-
I've never loaded anyone's Payoneer card before, can someone please tell me it usually works faster? :(

Reactions: Alisa
In my experience loading a Payoneer card takes at least two business days--it's not exactly a super quick process. Unfortunately since today is the 4th of July, I'm guessing that won't count as a business day--and depending on how late the process started on the 3rd, it might not happen until Monday. I'm no expert or anything, but this has been my experience. :\ Hopefully you'll get lucky and they'll pick up their pace...

yeah couple days for payoneer :/ western union is a better bet, tho they charge fees

The only thing that I could suggest that would go 'quicker' (relative to human error, natural disasters, and other various things) would be if someone she knew/trusted in the US bought her a pre-paid card and sent it to a safe address/pick-up spot. Our mail still runs on Saturday (at the moment) so someone could send it Friday and get it to the address on Monday with express shipping.

Am I right in saying it was Eve's friend who was robbed and Eve still has her money but is now running out as she's having to pay her friend's way around New York while they get things sorted with her friend's passport? If so, the quickest way to get them money would be a bank transfer. Obviously it would have to be someone trusted to send the money as they'll need things like Eve's real name and bank details, so maybe a family member (of Eve's or her friend's)?

I would just MoneyGram her money if I knew I could get her details. I really don't have that much money to be sending (but fuck, it's Eve we're talking about) ... :(

I can't imagine how scary it is to feel lost and helpless like this. Even if it was her friend who was robbed, maybe her friend was carrying both their things. :/ We won't know exactly what happened until later, if at all, because 140 characters is not enough to properly explain things when you're going crazy with anxiety.

Edit: after reading her tweets I think it's this: Her friend got robbed, so she's staying in NY longer than expected to help her friend get through it, however she needs money to pay for the hotel and the cost of changing her flight tickets... Obviously if you're taking a vacation these unexpected expenses can get incredibly expensive, you can't plan for them, and so she doesn't have the vacation-funds to cover them. What is she to do? Leave her friend in New York alone to get it sorted out?

It read like that to me too, Bob. But the speed of the bank transfer depends on the bank she has. And if it's Euro-exclusive/non-global, it may take even longer than Payoneer.

After doing a little research on my own, I found 2 possibly quicker options.

1) Wal-Mart offers an American Express pre-paid card called Bluebird. It's supposed to act as an internet based bank account but you can not activate it and use it like a gift card except that it's American Express (which some vendors don't take but big ones do). But she can set it up with an e-mail account and people can send her money through that address to reload the card. All she would need is the numbers off the card and she could use it like the gift card or the temporary bank account.

https://www.bluebird.com/

2) Green Dot is another option.

https://www.greendot.com/greendot/accou ... e-getacard

She could pick up a card from somewhere close to her and friends could load her up a card via a MoneyPak (which are available at the same places the Green Dot cards are). They would send her the code on the back of the MoneyPak (through a trusted source) and she could load the card herself via internet or phone.

Hey everybody! First of all, thank you for your concern and help! I am really touched.
Let me tell you what happened. There were four of us on the 2nd of July in New York - me, my bf, his sister and her bf. The guys left yesterday morning to meet some friends in RI. Us girls were supposed to leave yesterday evening for Boston to meet them there today evening at the chosen place. So half an hour before our bus got there I went to the restroom and the friend got robbed in the meantime. That was in front of the McD on 34th St and 10th avenue. She said a guy ran past her and just grabbed the backpack she left at her feet while standing there and waiting for me. She had all our stuff there except for my passport, metro card, my phone, and my wallet with $36 and my payoneer CC with 146$ on it.
Now, only my bf knows that I cam and I have no intention on telling his family about that. The guys were unavailable, my bfs phone was off and her bfs number was in her phone and I don't even have it. We sent them a msg on fb right away but it still says they haven't read them. Also, my relationship with my parents does not allow me to ask them to help me with money, especially not at 4 am and from another country and with a evephoenix4u@gmail.com address to send money to.
So we were there, only my CC in mu purse and a bit of cash. We didn't even contact her parents as they would be unable to help (or so I thought, not knowing there are ways to get money through other means, like some of you suggested), our boyfriends unreachable. I guess they will notice when we are not in Boston today evening...
We spent the night at the Penn station sleeping on the floor.
In all the panic I completely forgot that its a holiday and Payoneer may take even longer to deliver money.
We went to Starbucks in the morning and asked somebody for a charger to charge my phone before we went to the embassy. We found out that she needs to pay a $120 fee for the lost passport and a certificate that she is a citizen of our country. So we paid that and now we don't have the money for the bus and Megabus we were supposed to take is on holiday today.
I guess we will wait for our guys to notice we are gone. We have enough cash for one meal I guess. I will look at the bluebird thing!

That sucks. Sorry to hear about your predicament, ma'am. I'm guessing it's already been done, but if your friend had credit/debit cards stolen and she hasn't cancelled them yet, be sure to do that as soon as you can. If you have travel insurance, you can also report the theft to them and may or may not be able to get the money/stolen property reimbursed.

The story ends here: we went around asking for some change on Times square, it was kind of fun. :D
After we got 90 bucks (took us 3h 20min) we bought a ticket for the bus and got to Boston around midnight.
We smell bad and look a bit rumpled and look forward to a shower.:)
I would like to thank everybody who helped, especially those who sent some money or gift cards for food and Starbucks.
I wish you guys never end up in a situation like this! :)

@Eve: I'm glad that everything worked out! :thumbleft:

Re: Payoneer private loads: Lately a lot of cam girls are getting this e-mail from Payoneer: "Our records show that you are promoting our Private Loading Service on your website/blog. Please note that Payoneer is not a payment processor, and we do not support promotion of our Private Loading Service as an official payment method for your online business. We ask that you kindly remove any links or promotion of the Private Loading Service from your website."

Re: Western Union: Going that route usually means you'd give the sender your full name and city/state of the Western Union location. So I don't think it's a good idea for cam models.

Status
Not open for further replies.