AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fake Accounts to Help Boost Your Room

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I have some free time now I watched the cb front page often. Yes, there are tons of unusual rooms that pop up with hundreds of users after only a very short time of broadcast for no apparent reason. The "user" names that push these rooms are always the same, light blue users.
Apart from more visibility to casual bypassers, there is a second effect that came to my mind in the night. The list of the followed rooms of the users is sorted in the same way as the cb page, by number of registered viewers in the room, so these room also shoot straight to the top of the "followed" rooms of the cb users further increasing visibility. If the followed list is long enough, this can have a big effect too, might even outweigh the appearance on the front page for girls with many followers.

Reactions: megafapper
I am quite sure I've also seen cb countermeasures. Some of these rooms that get hundreds of viewers quickly, especially these light blue users, lose them again after some minutes. In the same moment the anonymous viewers increase. So it seems as if these users get indeed disconnected from the room. Some minutes later they all join the room again.

I'm also somewhat sure the girls are aware of them using bots. Many rooms were actually empty (girl left the room), before the bots came or she was doing her makeup. When bots got disconnected they take a break, leave the room again and clearly wait until the bots return or rather are allowed back in. This also shows how indeed this can be used to hurt a room of another girl.

I think some old bot promotion service is up again. And it sent emails for all old customers. Because I see a lot of low quality rooms that was offline last few months.
Right now not only models from the Spain and Russia are using bots, but and from other countries.
As example
nolimitscoupl3 (right now online) does not from Russia or Spain (maybe from Romania? I don't know)

Reactions: forumkeeper
spanishcouple_ is online, recorded advertising video is showing and more 250 users online in less than 5 minues

bossbae is online since lot's hours
she have full of strong violet and normal violet nick
....i think all is true with her

@cattynaty Even pretty girl must do something not just chatting in the phone (and it does not cb chat)!
@forumkeeper I found this room a few days ago. And this is system problem, not only one model do it. Bots are used by model on the 2-nd and 3-d pages of CB, and by models on the first places.

Right almost all first pages are controlled by cheaters. Bot are used for promotion of one models and denotion of another.

@cattynaty A few weeks ago she usually can not reach the first raw. But right now she has 6K viewers with empty room.

Thats why I wrote that is system problem. Bots are used by many and many models - top and niche model. And even if models don't use fake viewers, they have been denoted by bad fake viewers from competitors (bots visible by anticheat system)

Situation right now is totally the same like 1.5 year ago, when the first bot plague was. Right now the second one. And it just begins and continues.

Yes, even if other model can find these rooms, cb support can find them much faster.

I hope the next words I will write understandable:

Bots are problem for the first places of the first page and for places from the second and other pages.
Because the first places are what common member see when he comes to the site. Also many models try to do something like the first places to get more tips.
But most every model (not all) at the first places uses bots a lot. And position does not depend of quality of show, what they do in the room (even nothing) and other things - depends only on counter of fake viewers.
The second and the third pages are more for the good niche models. But right now it is totally flooded by low quality rooms with fake viewers.

Also they are remove competitors by denoting them by fake viewers seen as bot by cb system. I saw it many times (about 500-1000 of bad bots is enough to drop down any model).

Right now positions of the models on the main CB page controlled anyone, by not chaturbate.

I tend to agree, didn't expect it and feel naive now.

I hate to say model names but she is the one where I really noticed it for the first time. There were days where the bot army did not come and she was stuck with 20 viewers then (and no tips) the whole day.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: forumkeeper
I just a viewer and I can't imagine how it feels for the model when she starts to understand about situation on cb. She can do anything, but it can be nothing for her position, because she is competior of some agency.

This thread is turning into the campolice.

meme-kermit-drinking-tea-but-thats-none-of-business.png

yes, nesessary. i wrote just typical examples. the full list is much longer.
it can helps other models to decide what to do in the own room, and don't copy these models.

Lose lose decision. Without names it go into the conspiracy direction. With names it's campolice.
No first couple examples were were enough to show. But people are also being falsely labeled for having bots, so it's turning into policing. Mila was wrongfully accused, so im not sure if others are as well. See my point?

yes, nesessary. i wrote just typical examples. the full list is much longer.
it can helps other models to decide what to do in the own room, and don't copy these models.

I think giving reasons why you shouldn't boost and how it negativly affects the site instead of compiling a list of models who boost would help models decide what to do for themselves better.

I think giving reasons why you shouldn't boost and how it negativly affects the site instead of compiling a list of models who boost would help models decide what to do for themselves better.

I don't see how they're blaming the models. For the moment they're just saying which rooms are being affected. Unfortunately you can't separate the room names from the models. There's no proof WHO's at work here just who might be benefiting and I agree any direct blaming really can't be done at this point unless someone literally saw a model managing a botnet on their stream which is unlikely. At the same time if they can understand HOW this actually is affecting the system it puts more on CB to make changes.

The one thing that's obvious is how CB allow the same user into multiple rooms makes something like this efficient. Maybe making the ability to view multiple models at once part of the subscription would deter some of this since the same thousand bots can't just open multiple rooms.

But I can see how tinfoil hat this appears just reading it.

I don't see how they're blaming the models. For the moment they're just saying which rooms are being affected. Unfortunately you can't separate the room names from the models. There's no proof WHO's at work here just who might be benefiting and I agree any direct blaming really can't be done at this point unless someone literally saw a model managing a botnet on their stream which is unlikely. At the same time if they can understand HOW this actually is affecting the system it puts more on CB to make changes.

The one thing that's obvious is how CB allow the same user into multiple rooms makes something like this efficient. Maybe making the ability to view multiple models at once part of the subscription would deter some of this since the same thousand bots can't just open multiple rooms.

But I can see how tinfoil hat this appears just reading it.

You are too missing my point. I'm not saying they are blaming models for doing it when it could be someone else, its wrongfully accusing models of doing it when it turns out they were having a special event planned and that's why they had a lot more viewers than normal.

You are too missing my point. I'm not saying they are blaming models for doing it when it could be someone else, its wrongfully accusing models of doing it when it turns out they were having a special event planned and thatg's why they had a lot more viewers then normal.

Megafapper is clearly not a native speaker of English. The words were accusing the intention was clearly not.

For most girls it will take months, maybe years of consistent and creative camming to get the kind of traffic of girls that just push the "bot army" button (or someone studio does). Many will give up until they even get there, frustrated. Viewers get rooms presented who apparently need bots to get traffic and not the creative girls. CB has rooms on the front, second and third page with a low "entertainment" factor. Everyone loses here except the cheaters.

You are too missing my point. I'm not saying they are blaming models for doing it when it could be someone else, its wrongfully accusing models of doing it when it turns out they were having a special event planned and that's why they had a lot more viewers than normal.

From the looks of the thread it's not merely, 'LOOK AT THE NUMBERS' being the sole criteria. There seem to be common usernames involved. I'm sure it'll reach a point where the model rooms won't be as important and certain list of 'known' names that confirms a botnet is viewing the room (this is how it's usually done with twitch for example).

But yes I also agree you can just leave up a models room on a computer and when they model returns you're poofed back into the room. So they can't discount lazy users as well since CB system has a lot of permeability to it compared to other sites. But it's always going to start out vague and messy till they find some pattern of names or times.

I'm pretty sure if things get too crazy @punker barbie will chime in herself when people start losing their minds or maybe get them in touch with a support person to look into the patterns and maybe do something. Though in reality the only outcome to this is probably a rigid camscore system which a lot of models come to CB to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.