AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fake Accounts to Help Boost Your Room

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
but what do you think?
for example, 10 violet nick or 10 light blu nick are the same?
or if you have 10 violet nick you stay before some model with 10 light blu?

a few words about "innocent" spanishcouple_ and realtoxxxmaria situation the same like year ago with innocent_doll1.
before i wrote these names i checked a week their activity. and they use own bot net in much smarter way. russian rooms are using bots too dumb and too easy to find such rooms.
i'm not a familiar with 2-nd or 3-rd page, but i know the first page of cb very well. and any unusual changes can see very fast.

a few statistics for the last 3 months - usually both of these rooms were on from third to fifth row (with disabled recomendations).
after got a new camera (or changed it settings - more bright color) position grows up slightly to the second or fourth row. and the first row was a little amount of times.
and only after they became to use bots both of them start to reach the first places without any problems everytime. show the same, room the same, quality the same. except of fake viewers.
also both of these rooms used bots a year ago also.

i wrote to cb support with fake user list and the next day she get the first row only after 4 hours (usually in less than 1 hour) and didn't get a first place. and almost all users from this list wasn't in the room. each previous days these users was always in the room.
but this is only the half measure. they can get more fake viewers and it will not take much time.

i will not write here how exactly i found the fake users, because it takes huge amout of time, and cheaters just did a mistakes that i found that users fast. without mistakes on bot owner side almost impossible to find fake users manually, only using neural networks on huge amount of data.

• Helpful!
Reactions: megafapper
I have only noticed this on one model I have visited a few times. I can't honestly say with 100% certainty that it is the case but I am 99.99% sure - but with no evidence/proof.

This one model always has the same 10 - 15 light blue members in her room. She is usually on for 10 hour shifts or close to that and these accounts are always there if I go in throughout the day. All 10-15 of them at the exact same time. Usually you could say it is a coincidence, there are a lot of users who will stay in a models room for hours and hours. But the likelihood of all 10-15 being there at different times of the day, different days of the week at the same time as one another... is just very very small.

Now I am definitely not bitching at the fact she (her studio) does this, I see the logic behind it to try boost your position and room and hopefully get more people/tippers.

I was just wondering your position and stance on this type of thing? Is it something that happens regularly in a lot of rooms or no? Do you have no opinion on it, or does it annoy you for models that do it - or simply, like me, you don't care one way or another? Does it actually work in a positive way, or does it negatively impact the room?

Her room very rarely exceeds 50 users (right now: those 15 blues + her + 14 guests + 2 other colour + 4 greys). So I don't think it helps, how they want/intend for it to.

The likelihood of this happening is low. All of the users would need to be from different I P addresses for it to do anything. It's more likely that she has some fans who leave their Chaturbate tab open and always on her, so it appears as if they are always there, when more often than not they are AFK.

The likelihood of this happening is low. All of the users would need to be from different I P addresses for it to do anything.
Yes, that's how denial of service attacks work. I have something that blocks an IP address from my website server when the address tries to hack into it. Many times I've seen several dozen IP addresses hit the server at about the same time. It looked like they were coming from huge server farms in Europe, and it wouldn't surprise me if the bots use the same servers. So far I've blocked 686 IP addresses.

I'm tired. Right now on CB site more than 30% of the first page are using fake viewers for room promotion and about 30% or more denoted by other bots (bad bot visible by anticheat system).
Because @punker barbie don't answer I will not spend my time for any investigation - this is totally useless.

And a little advice for the models:
If last month or slightly more you get much less visitors - it does not your fault.
Don't be sad! When you are sad you receive less tokens! You have a hard work and you are doing a great shows.
Right now you can't do anything with the unfair competitors who cheats the cb system.

Because @punker barbie don't answer I will not spend my time for any investigation - this is totally useless.

It is not likely that any company will discuss such issues on a public forum, unless there was a mass exedus of users...

But that is not to say that what you are doing is useless and not being read by the CB team behind closed doors. They would be aware that in the long term such cheating is detrimental to their long term performance. The solution to the problem just might not be that easy and quick to fix.

Reactions: dark_mermaid
The likelihood of this happening is low. All of the users would need to be from different I P addresses for it to do anything. It's more likely that she has some fans who leave their Chaturbate tab open and always on her, so it appears as if they are always there, when more often than not they are AFK.

Off topic, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

one more words about spanishcouple_
usually she starts show (usually about 30 minutes) with looped recorded advertising video (previosly cb doesn't allow to broadcast recorder video, but don't know about now). and she receives more than 700 viewers in less than 6 minutes.
this is impossible to reach lot of users in less than 10 minutes just broadcasting looped recorded video!
firefox_2019-03-08_11-44-58.png firefox_2019-03-08_11-47-50.png

after all my reports cb just ban/block fake members, but it can not help a lot. infinity amount of the fake members can be registered in fully or half automatic mode.
bots are still used for promotion and shadow bans of competitors.

• Helpful!
one more words about spanishcouple_
usually she starts show (usually about 30 minutes) with looped recorded advertising video (previosly cb doesn't allow to broadcast recorder video, but don't know about now). and she receives more than 700 viewers in less than 6 minutes.
this is impossible to reach lot of users in less than 10 minutes just broadcasting looped recorded video!
View attachment 80262 View attachment 80263

Actually I don't think this is cheating. I have models on my friends who definitely don't cheat and they will login and instantly have a few hundred. It's some kind of cache problem or something. Not sure exactly, but I honestly just thought it was from the point they last logged off, they had that amount of users in their room and it has then cached that (remember the front page is usually what, 10mins or so behind real live - I mean, you can click on someone on the front page, and they have been signed out for a good 10mins).

So whilst they MAY cheat some other way, I don't think this is it, as those models on my list, I have absolutely 100% no doubt they would do it.

cache problem - maybe. sometimes old counters can be shown just after room online. but it's only for a few minutes (1 or 2) and showing counters from the previous session (for the spanishcouple_ it's more than 2k)
and if you saw my screenshots, the number of viewers is changed and the online time is changed too. and time 7 and 9 minutes. so it can't be a cache problem. just a cheating.

cache problem - maybe. sometimes old counters can be shown just after room online. but it's only for a few minutes (1 or 2) and showing counters from the previous session (for the spanishcouple_ it's more than 2k)
and if you saw my screenshots, the number of viewers is changed and the online time is changed too. and time 7 and 9 minutes. so it can't be a cache problem. just a cheating.

Spanishcouple have hundreds of thousands of followers. They CAN have 700 legitimate fans that arrive as soon as the push notification pops up on their browsers.

Reactions: NotYou
Spanishcouple have hundreds of thousands of followers
Sorry, but it's impossible only with 226980 followers.
Rooms with much more followers exist and they also do notifications, but only this room, that use looped video with some advertisings magically and instantly gets almost 800 viewers right after show started.

Sorry, but it's impossible only with 226980 followers.
Rooms with much more followers exist and they also do notifications, but only this room, that use looped video with some advertisings magically and instantly gets almost 800 viewers right after show started.

I am not ruling out the bots, but I also don't rule out that it might be legitimate, I have 200k followers and when I do special shows like a Lush show I do get 500-700 viewers in the first 15 minutes.

Reactions: NotYou
You also need to consider the fact that a lot of models and web masters use the signup link which will redirect to a random model, which is more often than not a model on the first page; so if you have hundreds or thousands of people doing this all over the place, it's quite easily possible to achieve. I am not sure how the "redirect to random model" works, but this could be a factor you are over looking.

Not the random model, most webmasters redirect to the best converting room (the first 3-5 places). The first receive much more traffic. And this is totally guests and guests don't affect to the position on the main page. As result the first places always get much more visitors. But without fake viewers the firsts places are changing to fast. Any change of view in one of the first 3 places can change order. Right now model who uses fake viewers is sticked to the first place.

Right now I see a few cheap botnets for russian/romanian rooms and one VIP botnet for the spanish rooms (mostly spanish). Problem still exist. And chaturbate only bans a fake viewers, but its a totally useless - fake viewers can be registered more and more.

And dumb fake viewers are used for shadow bans. So for many model situation is really bad. Without cheating they can not get top position (especially for the niche models), but with cheating they can get shadow ban.

Unrelated to the 'fake account' thing. If CB were to remove anon viewers from the room counts for 1 or 2 weeks, I'm curious what the results would be.

But the big counter affects to the position in non direct way: some registered members go to the rooms with the bigger counters and these members affect to the position. But usually it works only for the top positions.

Reactions: sugar_bonnie
On the long run it will hurt cb having a front page with an overly big amount of empty rooms, faceless girls (except the legend letsrockthatpuss) and non engaging girls, who just don't have to worry about losing position at all. How does that look for new users seeing cb for the first time? Does it make it more or less likely he signs up and buys and spends tokens?

And I've been asking myself for a while now, why can I not just chill and sit around on cam? Or leave my room empty? Or play with my phone? Or hide my face? When I did these things I lost viewers at once and it makes sense that I lost viewers. Human users don't want to see that over a longer period of time. All the while there are girls with 200 to 1,000 viewers now barely losing viewers or even gaining viewers with this kind of behaviour. It's against logic, even more so when there is not even a chat or a conversation going on. The only comforting thing is, that these rooms do not attract sooo many tips despite there fantastic position on cb. On the other hand on the long run, cb can't have so many low performing rooms on their front page.

I am not ruling out the bots, but I also don't rule out that it might be legitimate, I have 200k followers and when I do special shows like a Lush show I do get 500-700 viewers in the first 15 minutes.
you sure did have the bots turned on in your last stream. You go from having 2,000 max viewers yesterday to over 20,000 bots today.

That is something else entirely. The top room on cb gets embedded on several chaturbate partner sites (like you can embed a youtube video basically). That's why THE top room always has 20,000 or more viewers.

Reactions: NotYou and Mila_
can all we in this forum send report abuse to chaturbate
about spanishcouple
we write.... she send video reply....

you sure did have the bots turned on in your last stream. You go from having 2,000 max viewers yesterday to over 20,000 bots today.
You’re gonna post this ^^
That is something else entirely. The top room on cb gets embedded on several chaturbate partner sites (like you can embed a youtube video basically). That's why THE top room always has 20,000 or more viewers.
and then make a report to the moderator that this ^^ is harassment?

I think you May be a child that doesn’t belong on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.