AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fake jobs?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaCharlotte

Cam Model
Jul 13, 2019
Twitter Username
@avacharlotte13
MFC Username
avacharlottex
Chaturbate Username
avacharlottex
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1002596770/AvaCharlotteX/
Hey! Sorry for two posts within the same short period, but I have a second pressing issue. My parents don't know I webcam and we live in the same area, and basically I just need job ideas to tell them I'm working to explain the apartment I'm renting and the things I'm buying. Originally I was thinking waitress, but they would probably try to come visit me at my job. I'm currently in college. Please hit me with ideas :)

Ratracerebellion.com has a lot of work at home job listings. Pick one or two part time listing, and Bob's your uncle. Most of them listed are customer service and keying in forms.

That was my cover story/actual second job for most of my camming career. It's a good site to keep in your back pocket during burnouts and when camming isn't making ends meet. Also did it college as well. I was slammed with college and not enough time for a part time gig, so it's a great resource if your schedule doesn't meet up with most work schedules.

Also covers why you are always home and doesn't want unexpecting visitors. Explain that you will get fined for unwanted background noise or your QA score will drop.

Last edited:
I do part time transcription for sites like rev. It's boring enough that when people ask, their eyes glaze over and the topic changes quickly. It requires me to be at home, alone, without any interruptions.

You could also do poshmark/ebay/mercari/depop. You would probably have to have a profile etc if your parents are nosy- but as a part time work at home vibe, I have quite a few friends who do this as their side hustle for vacation money etc.

i told a guy i did medical coding and billing and he asked way too many questions, like how did i get that job without "college courses" which i wasnt even aware were required?? i told another guy i did transcribing and he said my typing speed was sub par for the job lol. idk like F all these nosy dudes. i'm out of ideas. i'm about to just say i get naked for money, maybe theyll think im kidding and we can both laugh about it :rolleyes:

Honestly, my story is that I do customer service stuff? I sorta made it up on the spot. I describe it like I freelance, and my job is to take down notes on what's wrong with the customer's product and send a report in. The only questions I've gotten are if it's like a legit job and not a scam lmao.

i told a guy i did medical coding and billing and he asked way too many questions, like how did i get that job without "college courses" which i wasnt even aware were required?? i told another guy i did transcribing and he said my typing speed was sub par for the job lol. idk like F all these nosy dudes. i'm out of ideas. i'm about to just say i get naked for money, maybe theyll think im kidding and we can both laugh about it :rolleyes:

Transcribing jobs only *need* you to be able to do 65 words per minute, which isn't that bad and a lot of people can probably do that. I bet more can do it than they think Besides, for freelance ones, it's not a requirement, it just means you will be able to earn more money; get bigger/longer files/videos etc to transcribe.

I think there are at-home jobs like data entry clerks, proof readers, and technical writers on freelancing sites such as Fiverr or Upwork. Some people apparently make a decent living as a freelancer off those sites.

Reactions: Kiki Jane
I tell people I do web design, content creation for web masters. If they pry too much I tell them I do web management for an adult site and I don't feel comfortable sharing more lol. That usually gets them to back away because they don't want to sound like they "want" to know what site. It's a comfortable middle to what I actually do and what they don't really need to know.

SEO/Data Evaluation for Leapforce or Lionbridge, which are companies that scroll google to ensure the ads that show up with search results are relevant, etc. I've worked in tech a fair amount and it's so boring as soon as I even start describing it you just see their eyes glaze over.

The only problem is it doesn't totally explain why I can never work in a coffee shop or anything (I have lots of freelance friends who are like, lets get together and work someplace!) . I just say I get a lot more done with zero distractions because it's SO boring?

Your town might also have at-home phone jobs for local pizza places. Then, you could be totally unavailable between certain hours because you are on shift taking calls (it's like a remote call center, taking orders for pizza)

Status
Not open for further replies.