AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

First night disaster

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2021
It was my first night of camming tonight and it was a disaster. I have watched some of the other girls shows and they seem to get nice men chatting to them but I was only on a few minutes and they were all arguing and trying to trick me into sending PMS and letting them become my moderator. Saying I have paid for a pm now you have got to do this else you will be banned etc. I have put in my bio that it was my first night, do you think I should remove it?. I wasn't expecting it to be like that as I thought they would be supportive. They said they couldn't see my tip menu. I also put non nude (as I want to gain confidence) but I couldn't tell what section I was in. It was saying this person and that person had tipped me but no tokens was showing on the bottom of my screen. What if they tip you for something you aren't prepared to do?. That was saying you have to do it now I have tipped etc. If it wasn't for the fact I have watched some of the other girls and seen how nice some of the other men are I would have given up. Help please!!.

Solution
I have viewed the other models from my laptop and it is a lot better than my phone. I have tested the speed and it is in the range of speed requirements at the lower end but still acceptable. I am trying to set up OBS broadcasting but theres too much technical stuff its asking for and I don't know what I am suppose to be putting in required boxes. It was a lot easier to set up on my phone. How did everyone else manage?. Help please!.
I was watching a first night for someone last night and her chat was the same..... horrendous.
It wasn't me was it?😂.
Perhaps a positive sign :)
Least you didn't launch to an empty room, and only hear the crickets outside.

There is a segment of users on CB that seems to make it their goal to chase new models off. As all the commenters here have said, don't be afraid to enforce your boundaries, just because someone tips you doesn't mean you have to comply, of course if the tip is for something from your tipmenu it is advisable to do it, but any tips, even with requests, feel free to see them as a gift to you.

One thing puzzled me; you mentioned that you put tags in your bio? Did you mean 'Room headline'? Because that is where they are supposed to go. And you can put 5 tags that will be active, only rule is to not use capital letters, but the best way is to use tags that are already in use on the site.
I am not sure but it was where you fill your details in like your name and location etc. I have put I haven't cammed before on there which I will take off as i think it's making me vulnerable.

Upvote 0
I am not sure but it was where you fill your details in like your name and location etc. I have put I haven't cammed before on there which I will take off as i think it's making me vulnerable.
That is not the right place to put tags, they were not active. This is where you set your tags:

22-33-01.jpg

And browse this to find some tags that you think apply to you:

22-34-45.jpg

The 'new' label you will get no matter what in your first 7 days after verification

Upvote 0
Actually, she's on now

Last night she appointed a couple of mods and they sorted the room out very quickly. Tonight, it is quite civilised, so I wish her and yourself more luck and success. I'm off to bed
On no that's me. I never went on last night as it was too late by the time I got back. I am trying again today though.

Upvote 0
On no that's me. I never went on last night as it was too late by the time I got back. I am trying again today though.
Do you know what her name was?. I have just had a look but there are quite a few new girls on there.
That is not the right place to put tags, they were not active. This is where you set your tags:

View attachment 87940

View attachment 87941

The 'new' label you will get no matter what in your first 7 days after verification

Upvote 0
Do you know what her name was?. I have just had a look but there are quite a few new girls on there.
Looks like I have put them in the wrong place then. I will change it?. What button do I press to broadcast from the laptop?. I had a look last night but I couldn't see one unless it because it's set up to mine and i have to remove that first? Thank you.

Upvote 0
As a top model, I can tell you that these guys will never stop asking you to do free stuff. There will always make you someone trying to make you feel guilty about what you are doing; taking advantage of your vulnerability in this business. Remember that this is your show, not some horny broke guys show. Those guys do nothing for you so you don’t have to care about what they want. Ignore them and carry on.

Upvote 0
I have put I haven't cammed before on there which I will take off as i think it's making me vulnerable.

Yes, I agree that you should remove that info. It's just gonna open the door for even more of the shitty unsolicited advice....and the phony "I'm just trying to help you succeed on here, bb" dudes with ulterior motives. Lol. More like trying to help themselves into getting some freebies.

Reactions: Diana_Devil
Upvote 0
I have viewed the other models from my laptop and it is a lot better than my phone. I have tested the speed and it is in the range of speed requirements at the lower end but still acceptable. I am trying to set up OBS broadcasting but theres too much technical stuff its asking for and I don't know what I am suppose to be putting in required boxes. It was a lot easier to set up on my phone. How did everyone else manage?. Help please!.

Reactions: StoneyDog
Upvote 0
Solution
At the moment its asking for Stream infomation?.

View attachment 87940

View attachment 87941

I haven't got that option anywhere. Do I need to set up OBS broadcasting first?.

Upvote 0
Finally sorted. It was easier just to update my browser. I don't think it's that difficult to set up but my equipment isn't that brilliant. It seems okay now. Thanks everyone for the advice.

Reactions: StoneyDog
Upvote 0
Hi. I am a CB award's nominated developer. I wrote Tip Menu 50 over 2 years and it is has been a trending bot the entire time. It will offer you options to control your grey chat (it's very effective at removing advertisements). The bot has been tested and is 100% fully functional, with 0 bugs! If a user says they didn't see your correctly configured tip menu when they joined (which would be a lie), you can publicly advertise your menu at any time by typing /menu. Tip Menu 50 was the 1st bot on CB to offer transitional color fades (styles), and has a lot of options to meet your advertising needs (sorting, arrangements, etc). You can try any app/bot you feel comfortable with, and I hope you give Tip Menu 50 a chance. https://chaturbate.com/apps/app_details/tip-menu-50/

With that said...

Bots to control grey chat...
https://chaturbate.com/apps/app_details/the-anti-spam-bot/
https://chaturbate.com/apps/app_details/silence-grey-chat/
https://chaturbate.com/apps/app_details/no-captcha-capture-bot-all-chat/
https://chaturbate.com/apps/app_details/type-the-passcode/

These will either filter/silence depending on how they are configured.

Bot that can respond to PM requests...
https://chaturbate.com/apps/app_details/auto-pm-responder/

This will publicly post your PM cost each time a user asks in chat. The bot is fairly intelligent and can respond to many types of requests (EG: PM me, Write me, send a message, etc, and even some Spanish terms).

Bot that offers recognition...
https://chaturbate.com/apps/app_details/every-tip-thank-you-bot/

This bot will say "thanks" for each tip given and you can configure which type of 'thank you' messages are active at any time.

Mods & Scams...
I mod for friends who have been camming for over 3 years and to this day I see users trying to scam for free PMs, asking personal information in chat, or attempting to get things for free. You just need to become aware of these things and filter them out mentally. Ignore the users that should be ignored! A trustworthy mod can help, which is why I only mod for friends and never for financial gain! If the mod isn't there for your interests, then they could be there for status or recognition, both of which make for really poor co-workers (useless mods who only flirt, talk over chat, and never help my friends earn more money!).

If you have any specific questions related to my bots please PM me here.

Whatever you do, don't get discouraged! It takes time to learn the subtle aspects of CB.

Cheers,
Cexmental
I was just going to message Chaturbate about this and saw this reply. I am getting unsolicited pms at present will this bot stop it?. Is there a way to charge per pm?. I have taken a couple of pms now just for a practice thing but I am finding once I answer they are messaging me all night which I am not getting paid for.

• Hugs
Reactions: Billyboy
Upvote 0
I was just going to message Chaturbate about this and saw this reply. I am getting unsolicited pms at present will this bot stop it?. Is there a way to charge per pm?. I have taken a couple of pms now just for a practice thing but I am finding once I answer they are messaging me all night which I am not getting paid for.
There are no bots to stop unsolicited PMs on Chaturbate. But you should not be afraid to ignore those, that is common practice, at least in the rooms I go.

The recognized way is to set a charge in your tip menu, but once you PM someone back the channel is open for the rest of the stream, so you should state if the tip amount is per PM or for the duration of the stream. Another option is asking viewers to use tip notes.

Reactions: BlueBelleBlue
Upvote 0
There are no bots to stop unsolicited PMs on Chaturbate. But you should not be afraid to ignore those, that is common practice, at least in the rooms I go.

The recognized way is to set a charge in your tip menu, but once you PM someone back the channel is open for the rest of the stream, so you should state if the tip amount is per PM or for the duration of the stream. Another option is asking viewers to use tip notes.
If you don't reply then they cant pm again?.

Upvote 0
If you don't reply then they cant pm again?.
Not sure what is happening here. A normal member should not be able to PM you, as per previous threads. They may say PM me in public chat. Exceptions are the Premium Members (Supporter), Fan club Members or Moderators. Any of those can PM at any time, even if you do not answer.

I just went to a random room I had not been to before. This is screen I get when I go to PM.
bandicam 2021-05-05 08-24-30-079.jpg

Sent Test in PM chat box. Got message back
bandicam 2021-05-05 08-24-39-550.jpg

Sent Test again in PM. Got message back.
bandicam 2021-05-05 08-24-47-738.jpg

I have no idea if the model saw the attempts.

If you are looking for a house trained member to help test your room, I am happy to help (or I'm sure you can find someone else). There has been a problem where I can just PM a model who I have previously had a PM with, even days later. Not sure if this has been fixed.

Upvote 0
I wonder why I am getting them then?. I think there should be a way to stop it too even if you have initially spoken to them. I will have another look next time I go on. Thanks for looking and I will give you a shout if I vant sort it. How do you pm on here?

Upvote 0
Hi.

Find a user profile and click on Start Conversation for PM.

In CB, I just tested and I could start a PM with a friend who I had previously had a PM with. She had missed a day, so was over 24 hours since we had chatted.

But with another friend I could not. She had been offline for a week. I got the below message.

1620337487429.png

I have not been a Fan Club member or moderator in either room. So there is a timing issue here.

But you should not be getting random PMs from regular users.

Cheers,
Billy

Upvote 0
Hi.

Find a user profile and click on Start Conversation for PM.

In CB, I just tested and I could start a PM with a friend who I had previously had a PM with. She had missed a day, so was over 24 hours since we had chatted.

But with another friend I could not. She had been offline for a week. I got the below message.

View attachment 88245

I have not been a Fan Club member or moderator in either room. So there is a timing issue here.

But you should not be getting random PMs from regular users.

Cheers,
Billy
I checked this last night and it comes up as press tab to start a conversation but the people I had a conversation with a few days ago could still pm me.

Upvote 0
I checked this last night and it comes up as press tab to start a conversation but the people I had a conversation with a few days ago could still pm me.
I have been able to start a PM with a friend after 24 hours and less than a week from previous message. Just don't know if it is up to 48 hours, 72 hours, or something different.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.