AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fishy person. I wont rehash whats been said but will offer, since your tank is so small. get yourself one of those 5 gallon water bottles and use that as your premade water supply. That way you can dechlorinate it and let it age some and have it sitting there for when needed.

All of your info. was incredible helpful, but I especially love this idea!

Currently I am down to 3-75g and a 125g tank for the Cichlids. I have 5 other tanks in storage. I decided to cut back for awhile bc i wanted a break. When they were all up and running capacity was a little over 750 gallons.

Pictures!!!

15 Gallon Fresh water Tank update:
I started the 15 gallon tank knowingly wrong to see if I could. Well, I lost 19 out of the 21 Zebra Danios and one Cardinal Tetra. I didn't lose a single Neon Tetra, which is totally strange. The heartiest fish were the fish I lost the most of and the weakest fish, I lost none.

Not cycling the tank caused my Nitrite levels to stress the fish and until I was able to get it down (daily 10 - 13 gallon water changes for 2 weeks and Adding API's Nitra-Zorb to the filter for a week) The Nitrite levels have dropped to zero.

Once the water parameters were good, I was able to add more fish. I added 6 - Plattys. A week later I added 2 Cory Cats and 3 Angels. The following week I added 2 Ottos and 3 more Angel fish. This week I added 4 Marbled Hatchet Fish. I still have 24 Neons and 5 Cardinals along with 2 remaining Zebra Danios.

The Live Plants that I have are 4 bunches of Purple Cabomba, 2 packages of
Cryptocorynereen Flamingo which I have separated in to 8 individual plants, 4 stalks of El Nina Fern, and 4 stalks of White Ribbon Draceaena Sanderiana, and one Marimo Moss ball. The tank is pretty much set for fish I may add a few Zebra Danios to get them back to a nice school of 12. I will probably add some more live plants such as grasses but it will require me to change the lighting which is not in the budget right away.
here are a few of the fish that I have added to the tank.
image4.JPG Marbled Angel fish
image3.JPG a Platty that needs a thin mint (Monte Python reference) or full of fry
image2 (1).JPG another Platty full of fry
image3 (1).JPG
Marbled Hatchet Fish
image2 (2).JPG
An Otto in front of the Marimo Moss Ball
image1 (2).JPG

The plant near front left is a Marimo Moss Ball and the bunch to the near right Cryptocorynereen Flamingo

image1 (1).JPG

Plant on the left are White Ribbon Draceaena Sanderiana and on the right are the Purple Cabomba. The Angelfish are small but they always were one of my favorites.

I have been using these two websites for information on the plants and fish care lately. Getting information on foods to feed them and general care. http://www.aquariumcarebasics.com and http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/fresh.htm

I hope your tank is going well. I'll keep you posted

Last edited:
a Platty that needs a thin mint (Monte Python reference) or full of fry

Ahh, no thin mint needed just the birth of 26 fry. I saw the # 5,6 and7 pop out then went to bed. I don't know how many she cannibalized in the birthing process, but 26 new Plattys are now living in the fry trap while Momma swims with the other fish in the tank once again.

Mother's day excitement
image1 (3).JPG image2 (3).JPG

15 Gallon Fresh water Tank update:
I started the 15 gallon tank knowingly wrong to see if I could. Well, I lost 19 out of the 21 Zebra Danios and one Cardinal Tetra. I didn't lose a single Neon Tetra, which is totally strange. The heartiest fish were the fish I lost the most of and the weakest fish, I lost none.

Not cycling the tank caused my Nitrite levels to stress the fish and until I was able to get it down (daily 10 - 13 gallon water changes for 2 weeks and Adding API's Nitra-Zorb to the filter for a week) The Nitrite levels have dropped to zero.

Once the water parameters were good, I was able to add more fish. I added 6 - Plattys. A week later I added 2 Cory Cats and 3 Angels. The following week I added 2 Ottos and 3 more Angel fish. This week I added 4 Marbled Hatchet Fish. I still have 24 Neons and 5 Cardinals along with 2 remaining Zebra Danios.

The Live Plants that I have are 4 bunches of Purple Cabomba, 2 packages of
Cryptocorynereen Flamingo which I have separated in to 8 individual plants, 4 stalks of El Nina Fern, and 4 stalks of White Ribbon Draceaena Sanderiana, and one Marimo Moss ball. The tank is pretty much set for fish I may add a few Zebra Danios to get them back to a nice school of 12. I will probably add some more live plants such as grasses but it will require me to change the lighting which is not in the budget right away.
here are a few of the fish that I have added to the tank.
View attachment 62539 Marbled Angel fish
View attachment 62543 a Platty that needs a thin mint (Monte Python reference) or full of fry
View attachment 62545 another Platty full of fry
View attachment 62541
Marbled Hatchet Fish
View attachment 62540
An Otto in front of the Marimo Moss Ball
View attachment 62542

The plant near front left is a Marimo Moss Ball and the bunch to the near right Cryptocorynereen Flamingo

View attachment 62544

Plant on the left are White Ribbon Draceaena Sanderiana and on the right are the Purple Cabomba. The Angelfish are small but they always were one of my favorites.

I have been using these two websites for information on the plants and fish care lately. Getting information on foods to feed them and general care. http://www.aquariumcarebasics.com and http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/fresh.htm

I hope your tank is going well. I'll keep you posted

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING AND FOR STOPPING BY MY ROOM YESTERDAY IT WAS SUCH A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU. Yes I was yelling, I was excited, okay?

Reactions: WildFingers
Ahh, no thin mint needed just the birth of 26 fry. I saw the # 5,6 and7 pop out then went to bed. I don't know how many she cannibalized in the birthing process, but 26 new Plattys are now living in the fry trap while Momma swims with the other fish in the tank once again.

Mother's day excitement
View attachment 62926 View attachment 62927

So that's what a pregnant Platty looks like. I think my girl is just fat then. Lol

This is so cool to see! I can't wait to watch them grow. What do you plan to do when they are all grown?

What do you plan to do when they are all grown?

I will take them back to the fish store where I bought them and trade them in for credit. It is going to be an experience trying to raise these fry to a saleable size. I will not make any money off of them.

I may have to buy a 1o gallon tank another heater, lid, light, and an air pump to raise them. Plus I am trying to hatch Brine Shrimp eggs to feed them.

So making money isn't going to happen. I bought 6 Platties for $7. Yes, I don't even think I will cover the cost of the food I am feeding these babies 5 times a day. But like I said, I am doing it for the experience.

So Sunny, my sunburst platy passed away last night. I'm very upset about it. It was one of the sadder fish deaths I have seen. I've still got that feeling in my throat like I'm going to cry.

Anyway, I tested my water and everything came back perfect.

As a human, we get lonely... So it's hard for me to accept having a fish live alone even if they may be totally fine with it, or furthermore prefer it. Regardless, I went to the pet store, even though I had no clue what my next course of action was going to be.

It really hurts my heart that I was unable to care for my platy. So I picked out 4 tetra glofish, since I am used to dealing with zebras and danios and have had a lot of luck giving them long, happy lives.

While I was looking at all the fish, I saw something I must have missed the first time - gallon per fish ratio, and it says platys need 10 gallons. My tank is obviously only 2.5 so if this information is accurate, I was being a terrible fishy momma. As I was talking with the pet store lady, it became clear that she knew way more about fish then they average person I've interacted. She reiterated that platys need more space but that mine should still be fine if I add the tetras. So I bought them and headed home.

Upon adding them too the tank... Flare, my remaining platy was hiding in the corner. I may be over reacting, but I now have him in his own separate tank. If they really do need that much space then he will be much happier on his own. This is not where I intend to keep the tank, but I just wanted to monitor him a bit.

flare.jpg

The only issue I have now is the same one that I started the thread with, LIVE PLANTS but I'm going to make a separate post for that.

R.I.P. Sunny, I'm sorry I let you down.

NOW ABOUT LIVE PLANTS.

I currently don't have any plants in my glofish tank, and a kind of dirty fake one in my platy tank. I've got two issues at the moment, I have no money to spend on real plants, and I don't have enough knowledge to integrate them into my tank, but I can't find where I put the remaining package of fake plants... so I'm kind of freaking out.

WildFingers, I have to admit, I haven't had the time to read your links yet because of my work schedule, but I do intend to tonight.

I also found this super basic link: http://www.worldofwater.co.uk/pages/filesaquarium/aquarium.pdf (page 22-23 is about plants)

So far from my little bit of reading and talking to people I've learned I need to have a substrate fertilizer underneath my gravel. I added new gravel, the fertilizer, and more fish food to my amazon wishlist (link below) if anyone here is sweet enough to help.

Now the questions...

What is this Seachem Flourish Excel 500ml is it necessary, is this the same as the Co2 booster pictured below? Is plant food necessary? Is there anything I'm missing? And lastly, which plants would you recommend?

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Good news! Flare seems to be thriving in his own tank. I'm so stoked to see him this happy. And all my new glow fish made it through the night, so that's great news too. I haven't named any of them yet except the orange one, his name is Jumper because at the pet store he jumped out net while being transferred to the bag.

Now the questions...

What is this Seachem Flourish Excel 500ml is it necessary, is this the same as the Co2 booster pictured below? Is plant food necessary? Is there anything I'm missing? And lastly, which plants would you recommend?

View attachment 63014View attachment 63015View attachment 63016View attachment 63017View attachment 63018

Plant food? I haven't used any yet But, I have spent some time researching the SeaChem's Flourish line. I just haven jumped to the point of making a purchase. Isn't the fishes wast enough of a fertilizer?? I would think so. I am still looking into it.

I use the Excel to add CO2 to my tank. I do not have a CO2 "bubbler" for the tank I think the small ones are about $100. The CO2 is used by the plants to live in their biology. Takes (inhales) CO2 and gives off O2. the plant uses the Carbon. Is it necessary? I have never heard of it 20+ years ago when I had tanks. I have noticed the plants are doing better now that I am adding it. I also need to get a stronger light and I have discussed this with the store I frequent (not a big box store).

When I look to add plants I always ask him for the easy to grow plants that do not require Strong lighting or the addition of the CO2 bubbler.

I do not have a gravel base in my tank. I chose to have a sand base thinking that it would be better to add plants. Some plants are already planted in soil pots and are just added to the tank. I have never had any experience with them. I ask a lot of questions at the shop I frequent.

I had Purchased the White Ribbon plant then I researched the plant and the website that I have listed above did not recommend using that plant since it is not a "true underwater" plant and is best suited for a terrarium. I have had no issues at all with this plant No leaf rotting thus far. I am happy with it. The other plant I purchased from Pets mart was also not recommended for the aquarium for the same reason. This plant has sent out shoots of new growth and is also doing well the El Nino Fern. The leaves are a little black spotted but that is how they were when my daughter brought it home from the store.

I now will research the plant before I purchase it. Even though you might find out that the source may not recommend the plant for an aquarium it still may work out for you. And by paying attention to the plant you will see if it was a god decision or bad through observation. You can always pull it out if it doesn't work out for you. If you feel adventurous.

The Purple Carabomba that I have had some issues and I took them out and put the bases of the plant together and wrapped them with cotton thread then re-wrapped the lead strip around the stem's base and this seems to have stopped the plants from floating to the top and shedding its fine leaf "puffs' all over. I think the CO2 helped We will see it only has been a week.

I've read the more Red the leaves have the stronger the light source need to be used. The Crypts that I have in the tank are Red and are situated directly under the light. They are doing very well. i would like to get some type of grasses and add some moss to the drift wood in the tank. But then again, those plants require a stronger lighting source. SeaChem has carbon 'tabs" that will help establish the plants roots. These tabs last 3 - 4 months, and are placed 4 inches away from each other on the base of the tank. DO they work? The Crypts root system is stronger. The Carabomba not so much but, that also could have been that the CO2 levels were not high enough in the tank and they kept floating to the surface. I will keep monitoring their growth and over all health I was ready to throw them out 2 weeks ago, But they have improved with using the Excel.

I hope this information helped I know that I wrote a book here. But, I am learning as I go along re acclimating my self to a hobby that I had set aside to raise my kids. Now that I have time I am able to spend time learning and watching my baby Plattys grow.

I also saw your MFC mail. I have not had a chance to think about a response to your questions. I will work on something that may help you. Most of that knowledge what I have has just been plucking around on here. JBB (JerryBoBerry) may be the person to contact to answer those questions I think he has tons more posts on here than I do.

I hope this made sense I did not proof read it and I hope it is not too rambling.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Cutie_Kisses
Plant food? I haven't used any yet But, I have spent some time researching the SeaChem's Flourish line. I just haven jumped to the point of making a purchase. Isn't the fishes wast enough of a fertilizer?? I would think so. I am still looking into it.

I use the Excel to add CO2 to my tank. I do not have a CO2 "bubbler" for the tank I think the small ones are about $100. The CO2 is used by the plants to live in their biology. Takes (inhales) CO2 and gives off O2. the plant uses the Carbon. Is it necessary? I have never heard of it 20+ years ago when I had tanks. I have noticed the plants are doing better now that I am adding it. I also need to get a stronger light and I have discussed this with the store I frequent (not a big box store).

When I look to add plants I always ask him for the easy to grow plants that do not require Strong lighting or the addition of the CO2 bubbler.

I do not have a gravel base in my tank. I chose to have a sand base thinking that it would be better to add plants. Some plants are already planted in soil pots and are just added to the tank. I have never had any experience with them. I ask a lot of questions at the shop I frequent.

I had Purchased the White Ribbon plant then I researched the plant and the website that I have listed above did not recommend using that plant since it is not a "true underwater" plant and is best suited for a terrarium. I have had no issues at all with this plant No leaf rotting thus far. I am happy with it. The other plant I purchased from Pets mart was also not recommended for the aquarium for the same reason. This plant has sent out shoots of new growth and is also doing well the El Nino Fern. The leaves are a little black spotted but that is how they were when my daughter brought it home from the store.

I now will research the plant before I purchase it. Even though you might find out that the source may not recommend the plant for an aquarium it still may work out for you. And by paying attention to the plant you will see if it was a god decision or bad through observation. You can always pull it out if it doesn't work out for you. If you feel adventurous.

The Purple Carabomba that I have had some issues and I took them out and put the bases of the plant together and wrapped them with cotton thread then re-wrapped the lead strip around the stem's base and this seems to have stopped the plants from floating to the top and shedding its fine leaf "puffs' all over. I think the CO2 helped We will see it only has been a week.

I've read the more Red the leaves have the stronger the light source need to be used. The Crypts that I have in the tank are Red and are situated directly under the light. They are doing very well. i would like to get some type of grasses and add some moss to the drift wood in the tank. But then again, those plants require a stronger lighting source. SeaChem has carbon 'tabs" that will help establish the plants roots. These tabs last 3 - 4 months, and are placed 4 inches away from each other on the base of the tank. DO they work? The Crypts root system is stronger. The Carabomba not so much but, that also could have been that the CO2 levels were not high enough in the tank and they kept floating to the surface. I will keep monitoring their growth and over all health I was ready to throw them out 2 weeks ago, But they have improved with using the Excel.

I hope this information helped I know that I wrote a book here. But, I am learning as I go along re acclimating my self to a hobby that I had set aside to raise my kids. Now that I have time I am able to spend time learning and watching my baby Plattys grow.

I also saw your MFC mail. I have not had a chance to think about a response to your questions. I will work on something that may help you. Most of that knowledge what I have has just been plucking around on here. JBB (JerryBoBerry) may be the person to contact to answer those questions I think he has tons more posts on here than I do.

I hope this made sense I did not proof read it and I hope it is not too rambling.

So helpful, thank you! Take your time responding. I look forward to keeping you guys updated as I start to integrate the plants which should be soon due to a generous donor. My only fear is that if I mess up I might harm or kill one of the fish, how likely is this?

And hey, like my grandma always said, "You'll learn something new every day, but never stop striving to gain new knowledge." :D:bookworm:

I had to break down and buy another 10 Gallon tank for the fish babies.
View attachment 63143

And all 26 babies are growing. The newest thing is the white iris' of their eyes have come in. No lager are they all black.
View attachment 63142
They are almost 2 weeks old now.

I recognize the heater, but whats that giant thing in the middle?

Also omg little squee!

"Giant thing in the middle" is a type of filter. :) Also, general rule for most fish is one gallon per inch of fish minimum.
If you want to try having fishies and don't want to risk a large investment on livestock until you have some experience, most LFS have what they classify as feeders. Primarily a goldfish mix but if you look, you can find some nice ones. I ended up with 6 "fancy" goldfish that i sold for a nice profit after they had grown and aged. i think my cost was 10/$1.

When I was 500 gallons deep in tanks 10 years ago, I decided to make a 90 gal. live tank with varied types of plants and underwater mosses. They are gorgeous and can transport you to a lush green world if you get trippy or focus meditation on the tank. There was a LFS that gave me a break on the plants, so while it was semi expensive, it wasn't too bad. I left it barren with the exception of a 10" pleco so everything could root. After a few months I wasn't happy with the progress so I added a home made CO2 bubbler. WoW ! What a diff it made. It was like putting miracle grow plant food on your outside plants. Got to the point I started trimming some of them and letting the LFS guy sell the trimmings. [better than tossing them] That tank really thrived for a couple years. Mr Pleco was very happy. Then, I decided to introduce a new batch of cichlids. Another fish guy I knew was going to get out of the business so he gave me a lot of fish that I had been wanting, 3 ruby haplochromis , 3 aulonocara yellow sunshine peacocks, 3 german red peacocks, and 4 red empress haps. All was fine for a few weeks then the slow deterioration started. Stupid me, I had forgot cichlids are diggers and plant eaters. They loved the fresh greens and were happy enough to make lots of babies, about 40% survived. I finally just pulled the remnants of the live plants and made it another artificial tank. ;~/

but whats that giant thing in the middle?

Bob got it right it is a very inexpensive filter. I had bought it 3 weeks ago and had it running in the 15 gallon tank along with the hang on filter. I wanted to get some bacteria growing in the filter so when or if I needed to get a quarantine tank up and running I would have already established a "cycle" for the new tank. On Friday I did my water change of 8 gallons for the 15 gallon tank I added the first 5 gallons to the new 10 gallon tank and then put in the air filter and topped the tank off with de-chlorinated tap water to fill the tank then transferred the fry to the tank. They are happy little babies and should grow faster,

I stopped by the LFS and checked out his Platty fry that the said were about a month ago. in which he feeds them once a day and uses regular flack which he just smashes down to a powder. His fry are about the same size as mine and mine are just two weeks old. I guess me feeding them live freshly hatched brine shrimp 5 times a day is the best way to go even though this science experiment of hatching brine shrimp eggs is starting to wear on me. As I will be starting my 3rd batch of brine shrimp eggs.

• Helpful!
Bob got it right it is a very inexpensive filter. I had bought it 3 weeks ago and had it running in the 15 gallon tank along with the hang on filter. I wanted to get some bacteria growing in the filter so when or if I needed to get a quarantine tank up and running I would have already established a "cycle" for the new tank. On Friday I did my water change of 8 gallons for the 15 gallon tank I added the first 5 gallons to the new 10 gallon tank and then put in the air filter and topped the tank off with de-chlorinated tap water to fill the tank then transferred the fry to the tank. They are happy little babies and should grow faster,

I stopped by the LFS and checked out his Platty fry that the said were about a month ago. in which he feeds them once a day and uses regular flack which he just smashes down to a powder. His fry are about the same size as mine and mine are just two weeks old. I guess me feeding them live freshly hatched brine shrimp 5 times a day is the best way to go even though this science experiment of hatching brine shrimp eggs is starting to wear on me. As I will be starting my 3rd batch of brine shrimp eggs.

I'm was so impressed, and excited when I read this.... *just stares in awe*

Reactions: WildFingers
"Giant thing in the middle" is a type of filter. :) Also, general rule for most fish is one gallon per inch of fish minimum.
If you want to try having fishies and don't want to risk a large investment on livestock until you have some experience, most LFS have what they classify as feeders. Primarily a goldfish mix but if you look, you can find some nice ones. I ended up with 6 "fancy" goldfish that i sold for a nice profit after they had grown and aged. i think my cost was 10/$1.

When I was 500 gallons deep in tanks 10 years ago, I decided to make a 90 gal. live tank with varied types of plants and underwater mosses. They are gorgeous and can transport you to a lush green world if you get trippy or focus meditation on the tank. There was a LFS that gave me a break on the plants, so while it was semi expensive, it wasn't too bad. I left it barren with the exception of a 10" pleco so everything could root. After a few months I wasn't happy with the progress so I added a home made CO2 bubbler. WoW ! What a diff it made. It was like putting miracle grow plant food on your outside plants. Got to the point I started trimming some of them and letting the LFS guy sell the trimmings. [better than tossing them] That tank really thrived for a couple years. Mr Pleco was very happy. Then, I decided to introduce a new batch of cichlids. Another fish guy I knew was going to get out of the business so he gave me a lot of fish that I had been wanting, 3 ruby haplochromis , 3 aulonocara yellow sunshine peacocks, 3 german red peacocks, and 4 red empress haps. All was fine for a few weeks then the slow deterioration started. Stupid me, I had forgot cichlids are diggers and plant eaters. They loved the fresh greens and were happy enough to make lots of babies, about 40% survived. I finally just pulled the remnants of the live plants and made it another artificial tank. ;~/

I believe cichlids were in a My Aquarium (a PS3 game) I played to have something nice on the screen before I had real fish. I'm starting the think the fact that I platinumed it was a way bigger accomplishment then I previously thought.

Update Week 3 BB Plattys

They are loving their new digs and all the newly hatched brine shrimp that they are being fed times a day.
Today, after I cleaned the tank I placed all the fry carrying female Plattys in the same tank. Momma included. Momma should have another brood of fry within the next 2 weeks, I have 2 other females that are carrying fry as well I have no idea when they will deliver. It is a wait and see.

image3 (3).JPG

I cant eat another brine shrimp. Well, maybe in 3 hours.

image2 (5).JPG

Sitting on top of the filter.

image1 (5).JPG

Ha and I cleaned the tank 2 hours ago. I am changing 5 gallons of water every 2 days (50%).
image1 (7).JPG
Here is my brine shrimp hatchery set up. From left to right newly added eggs will be ready in 24 hours, middle has older eggs trying to grow to adult brine shrimp for my salt water tank. Right Brine shrimp eggs that were hatched 72 hours ago. One more feeding for the fry then the rest goes in the middle bottle.

Attachments

• image3 (3).JPG
    image3 (3).JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 6
  • image2 (5).JPG
    image2 (5).JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 6
  • image1 (5).JPG
    image1 (5).JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: SoTxBob
Week 3.5
What more babies! Yes last night 26 of 30 babies are swimming around in the fry trap I had a feeling she was due to pop so, I put momma in the trap last night before I went to bed. I wasn't expecting her to pop until Sunday which would have been 28 days not 23 days. Now fishymomma has 52 live fry swimming in her tank.

image1 (8).JPG
New babies under the watchful eyes of their brothers and sisters that are 23 days old.

Um... so my pink danio is MISSING this morning. She was there last night, and when I went to feed them this morning she's just gone. She's not in the little cove, and from what I can see she is not in the filter, unless she got into the part that I can't access ...
1.jpg
There is no bottom of the tank grid that she could be hiding under. And there is no dead fish floating around the tank. I don't know what to make of this situation.

I'm going to be getting more platys tomorrow as you recommended. Due to Memorial Day weekend, and an emergency today, tomorrow will be my first opportunity to. I'm going to start with two more, which will bring my platy aquarium total to three.

I only have three danios now, but I want 6 or 7 if they have their own tank.

Do you think I could put all the fish in the same tank if they both had proper schools? Or is that pushing the fish per water ratio too far?

All is not well here in Cutieville Fishland. I lost all my platys in one afternoon. The pink fish I got to replace the other pink fish went missing as well. Found her caught in the filter along with one of the guppies.

My water parameters have been on point, so I know there was little I could do.

When I purchased the new fish from the pet store, there were a BUNCH of dead fish in the tank. I figured I would rather them live out their days more peacefully, so I attempted to rescue them and hope for the best. Sadly, I failed.

My platy tank is going into storage, and my other tank now has three glo fish (Jumper, Ninja, Glow), three tetras (Alvin, Simon, Theo), one guppy (Gusie), and a snail (Gary). I won't be adding anymore.

But I will be adding a plant as soon as I get paid.

R.I.P. Fishies :h::h::h::h::h::h::h: A heart for each of you!

Sorry you are having some difficulties with your tank.

I have LOTS of Platys if you want to come get them. ;)
I have an update for see pictures below.

I just started dosing more Sea Chem products to the fresh water tanks with plants. I have been using Excel (CO2) and Advance (plant growth hormones). I started adding Iron, Potassium, and Flourish to the tank. I am dosing the Excel and Advance daily and the other three weekly at 25% of the recommended quantities to avoid an algae bloom.
The addition of these 3 products should strengthen the plants and give them everything they need to grow.

My Purple Carabomba plants have imploded (lost all the layers of leaves.) This has been going on for a while. I had purchased some Rotala Indica to replace the Carabombas. They have seemed to be doing much better than their predecessor.

i also have added a CO2 monitoring device to insure that I have the optimum level of CO2 in the tank
209.PNGBigger BB was born on Mother's Day the small ones June 1 (23 days apart same Momma).

208.PNG

:wideyed::nurse: Daily checks of the other preggo Platys fishy lady bit's to judge when they will "pop". I hope soon since I will be out of town next week.

Sorry you are having some difficulties with your tank.

Thanks me too!

:wideyed::nurse: Daily checks of the other preggo Platys fishy lady bit's to judge when they will "pop". I hope soon since I will be out of town next week.

Yes, that would be bad if you weren't there to rescue the fry!

Status
Not open for further replies.